Home
I had no idea Wayne Lapierre was a Democrat. Apparently, that's his party affiliation.
Well most republicans in Congress are too. We need to do something about that.
This is pro 2nd Amendment?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
He says what the 2nd Amendment means to the NRA but it seems mostly it's a cash cow from gullible gun owners, including me at one time..

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I had no idea Wayne Lapierre was a Democrat. Apparently, that's his party affiliation.

I knew he was a sleaze, but I didn’t know he was that sleazy.
I said a long time ago that The NRA was run by money enthusiasts, and it should be run by gun enthusiast.
The fact that WLP remains, and the organization itself allows him and his supporters to continue, hurts us gun enthusiast far more than anything the anti gun crowd can do.
7mm
I have one more month left. They been sending offers to renew every few days this month and I've been chit canning them.

Done with them, sending my bucks to GOA and 2AF.
Originally Posted by blindshooter

Done with them, sending my bucks to GOA and 2AF.
Ditto..........
The man is more evil than Soros, at least Soros admits his goal is to destroy America , Wayne lies about it !
I’ve always said that the NRA was the best and most powerful tool we gun enthusiast could have.
After seeing that commercial and the willingness to compromise our Rights in the interest of safety and public image, I’m almost ashamed of myself for ever sending them a nickel.
Phuq them all. “From my cold dead hands!!” Should still be our motto.
Background checks and red flag laws are too easily manipulated. I agree with keeping guns away from criminals, but the government wants to brand everybody a criminal.
There can be no compromise on a Right that is given to us by God at birth. To believe there is is to agree with the Devil.
7mm
WLP would be well advised not to move to Idaho, People who steal like that don't do well here.
I believe in the NRA's mission and became a life member long before the corruption became evident, would not do it again while Wayne is still there!
Anyone who sends any money to the NRA should ask for Wayne's preference in silk ties cause that's where the money is going!
Good Hunting
Lj
Thanks for posting this.

I had been loosely following the allegations, but, I had no idea how deep things were.

It is good to be informed. However, this saddens me.

GB
Posted By: ERK Re: More NRA Corruption Coming Out - 01/23/22
They sent me a Final notice to keep my membership a while back. I sent it back with a note saying I was giving them final notice to dump Wayne or they would never get a dime from me. No response of course. Edk
Originally Posted by ERK
They sent me a Final notice to keep my membership a while back. I sent it back with a note saying I was giving them final notice to dump Wayne or they would never get a dime from me. No response of course. Edk

laugh laugh
I think everything is corrupted
The NRA supported gun control up through the 1968 act.
I can also remember them supporting bans on large capacity magazines for rifle and pistols.
They would always allow certain legislation to pass, in order to keep the “rubes” donating money and keeping them going.
Like I said, you don’t compromise on a God Given Right.
7mm
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That makes me wanna puke.
If this is true then it would appear that LaPierre is trying to destroy the NRA.

Is he a deep state apparatchik?
But yet Tennessee Legislators just love the NRA..

What gets me is why the Board does not kick his hinney to the curb, they have to be complicit!
Originally Posted by 280shooter
The NRA supported gun control up through the 1968 act.

YES!
Not sure they have truly deep down inside changed much either

The 1930s crime spree of the Prohibition era, which still summons images of outlaws outfitted with machine guns, prompted President Franklin Roosevelt to make gun control a feature of the New Deal. The NRA assisted Roosevelt in drafting the 1934 National Firearms Act and the 1938 Gun Control Act, the first federal gun control laws. These laws placed heavy taxes and regulation requirements on firearms that were associated with crime, such as machine guns, sawed-off shotguns and silencers. Gun sellers and owners were required to register with the federal government and felons were banned from owning weapons. Not only was the legislation unanimously upheld by the Supreme Court in 1939, but Karl T. Frederick, the president of the NRA, testified before Congress stating, “I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.”

https://time.com/4431356/nra-gun-control-history/
The lefty democrat trolls just never give up do you.
I quit them around 2003-2004, can't remember what it was that pissed me off but that was the last straw.

As long as they've let WLP stay there I wouldn't ever give the organization another penny, tells me all I need to know about all of them.
Originally Posted by worriedman
But yet Tennessee Legislators just love the NRA..

What gets me is why the Board does not kick his hinney to the curb, they have to be complicit!

I don’t remember exactly how the NRA board works but it’s something to the effect that WLP hand selects two candidates for each open board position. Those two candidates hand picked by WLP are the only two choices so whichever one wins is essentially a WLP lap dog that he chose and nominated. Given how many years WLP has been running the NRA the whole board is full of corrupt WLP selected loyalists.
Sad part for me is one of the board members is a personal friend of mine. I don’t give them any $$ and haven’t since 2000.
The board made their position abundantly clear when they fired Ollie North.
Wayne is far from the only problem……
I did not do the NRA “round up” on a Midway order the other day for the first time ever. They funneled Russian money in 2016. They won’t get any more of mine.
Originally Posted by Potsy
The board made their position abundantly clear when they fired Ollie North.
Wayne is far from the only problem……

Good point. Ollie North seems to have blown the whistle on the corruption going on and they slung mud at him in an attempt to discredit North and portray North as the problem.
Maybe we should all head to a thrift store, pick up a nice suit or two, and route them in with the next donation request card.
Is Wayne really any more corrupt than say , Paul Ryan ? The list goes on for ever, Trump had the House , The senate and the white house yet we still have Obamacare, Mitch and his Chinese wife are not on our side, Trump was our only hope !
One thing they do that isn’t mentioned is pay huge sums to advertising companies and it looks like this travel lady and other entities . Then the money likely ends up back under the table flowing back to WLP. If the feds audited WLP. It would probably make their eyes water. It’s a massive grifting operation.

The libs who started this don’t realize they are helping in the long run., it’s been widely know WLP has been a crook for years.
My Friends of NRA field agent recently got promoted to a position where he solicits funds from big money donors. My guess is, there is a lot of this going on in an attempt to keep the organization solvent. With the rank and file member being so disgruntled, they have to be hurting for money.
Where is watch4bear on this? He always jumped in these NRA discussions. Pro NRA all the way. Been strangely quiet for months now.

I never would have thought Wayne was a registered Democrat.
I’m deeply convinced there’s a reckoning coming very soon on many fronts. It will burn far too hot to put out easily or quickly.
Maybe when it comes time to vote for the board off directors we should all right across the form in big block letters, "NONE OF THE ABOVE!" Maybe then they'll get the idea we peons want them gone.
Paul B.
Posted By: g5m Re: More NRA Corruption Coming Out - 01/25/22
That's quite a video. Too much power/authority in his hands and for too long.

I wonder if the NRA will survive this.
Originally Posted by g5m

Lets hope not, too much corruption for to long, the tentacles surely run to deep, into to many places ever to become clean.

It's past time for someone like GOA to fight for our rights and not compromise them slowly away
Originally Posted by g5m

Not unless they have fair and open elections, which isn't going to happen. Wayne won't give up his personal empire, he will burn to the ground first. GOA is doing a great job, I send them $$.
The Church of the 2nd Amendment
These Lefty prosecutors are doing all of us a favor if they can clean out the NRA from the top so it can get a makeover that isn't run by crooks.
“Support for the NFA, support for the GCA, support for the Hughes Amendment, support for the AWB, support for UBC, support for red flag laws, support for the bump stock ban. They’ve been doing bad for years and years and years. NRA = the most powerful, most well connected, most well funded gun control organization on earth, as they always have been.”
Originally Posted by 700LH
He says what the 2nd Amendment means to the NRA but it seems mostly it's a cash cow from gullible gun owners, including me at one time..

Yep, you're certainly not alone. Most of us can relate.
There's no money to be made in actually killing the boogey man.

NRA exists to ensure that the specter of gun control never goes away so they can continue to rake in money.
© 24hourcampfire