Home
Just that.
Every day of my life that I can remember.

ya!

GWB
Yes, the Iowa State Fair. Good old Frend John Miller rocked the chair at the top, if I was not white nukeing so hard, I'd of thrown him out! laugh
Real live ones? Yes. Hate them, Wifey loves them, so I go, pray and swear I’ll never get on another.
Many, over the years

Just last month too

Up till a 10 yrs ago, we used drive and do day trips all the way to Toronto and back catching several

Paramount parks, Kings Island, Kings Dominion, the Universal ones, Holiday World.

We’d go to Indiana HW one weekend every month in the summer for years.

My daughter is fearless. I had to chill the fugg out after several surgeries. Her too with retina detachments.
Posted By: EdM Re: Ever Been On A Rollercoaster? - 01/26/22
As a kid many years ago in Santa Cruz. Never again.
The Beast.
Make my coaster wooden!

Just something about the old, rickety roller coasters.
The Colossus at Magic Mountain!
The Beast like 12 times all day, with your shirt over your head blind folded. Fuggin yeah !!!
If one of you guys even MENTIONS Space Mountain I'll LMFAO!
Originally Posted by EdM

Giant Dipper!
Yup. Used to love them. My kids cannot get enough of them
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Originally Posted by EdM

Giant Dipper!

Pretty good one.
Posted By: Teal Re: Ever Been On A Rollercoaster? - 01/26/22
Kings Island was full of them
Six Flags in Gurnee too

In GB there's one. Zipping Pippen - was Elvis's favorite coaster.

Been on tons of them.
Originally Posted by Higginez

haha

I did do it on Christmas break

Fuggit I was there.

I had to for Ric Flair
There was a pretty good wood coaster at Marriots Great America when I was a kid called The Grizzly I'm pretty sure.

You remember that Cert?
Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio
High Roller in Vegas
Originally Posted by slumlord

haha

I did do it on Christmas break

Fuggit I was there.

I had to for Ric Flair

It's fun, but it ain't a roller coaster.
There was a pretty good wood coaster at Marriots Great America when I was a kid called The Grizzly I'm pretty sure.

You remember that Cert?

Sure do and correct it was the Grizzly.. jar your nards around for sure

Remember the Demon?
The Demon!

Yeah. Couple loops and cork screws and it was over.

Tidal wave!!!!
I never understood why Disney didnt build a real ride there

There is a major construction project going on there with some high steel that looks like it might be something. But I dont folkow or care enough to give a chit. Probably the last time I’ll grace that place with my presence
Cedar Point, years ago. The Mantis, the Gemini, the Magnum, and the Raptor. The new ones make those look tame; higher, faster.
I was terrified of the tidal wave.. didn’t have the balls to get on that one for a good while!

Screw The Edge too and any of those free fall/drop rides
Dollywood has a decent one, don’t laugh
Yes, I have been in the dating scene once upon a time..
I was terrified of the tidal wave.. didn’t have the balls to get on that one for a good while!

Screw The Edge too and any of those free fall/drop rides

With ya on the edge.

Saw a bunch folks get stuck on one I think was called Top Gun. Feet dangling for hours and had to get down via hook and ladder.

F that!
Did a chick reverse cowboy.

It was a wild ride.

🤦‍♀️🦫
Astro world had a top rated wooden coaster, negros took over the park, no whiteys would go, eventually closed.
Dollywood has a decent one, don’t laugh

Went on a good one at Dollywood when I was a kid. Can't remember the name though.

Nashville circa 1996?

How about the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disney.
Originally Posted by Mike70560

How about the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disney.

Those falling rocks and dinosaur bones scare you?
LOL

the log ride that squirts primary process gray water on ya?
Originally Posted by EdM

Giant Dipper!

Pretty good one.

Been on it many times over the years. It's the oldest in the state.
Since my daughter was “54inches”.
We got to Busch gardens Williamsburg every year. Ride the front of every coaster in the park 3x minimum. Kings dominion, Hershey park, Disney for a week 4x. I love them, but at 50yo they’re starting to Fugk me up.
The coaster at Dollywood is rated number two, El Toro in jersey is number one.

This is wood coaster ratings
LOL

The best part about Thunder Mountain Railroad is the shooting gallery about 50 yards from the entrance.
The yeti ghost at Animal Kingdom whatever it is expedition everest.
All the titty babies leave the park if it starts sprinkling. Can ride it 10-15 times for whatever its worth.

Might as well milk your ticket fees

Nothing else there to beside check out some miserable animals

You remember that Cert?

That a badass one back in the day.

You two remember the Demon?

Marine World had some good ones.

LOL

The best part about Thunder Mountain Railroad is the shooting gallery about 50 yards from the entrance.

I was just a Disneyland 2 months ago and the shooting gallery was closed.

We got on big thunder mountain right as the fireworks started at night. My 2.5yr old son, and 5th old daughter , to my surprised absolutely LOVED the ride. Definitely a highlight of the trip.
Originally Posted by FatCity67

You remember that Cert?

See above.
Originally Posted by robertham1
LOL

I was just a Disneyland 2 months ago and the shooting gallery was closed.

We got on big thunder mountain right as the fireworks started at night. My 2.5yr old son, and 5th old daughter , to my surprised absolutely LOVED the ride. Definitely a highlight of the trip.

Sucks about the shooting gallery.

Kids love Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain and The Matterhorn, but they aren't great roller coasters.
Have hit all the big ones at Cedar Point. The Top fuel dragster ride is only like 7 sec, but it is thrilling! The line moves fast too.
That’s %100 correct. The enjoyment came from seeing them enjoy it.
Not really.
Taiwan Cultural Center (their idea of DisneyWorld) had a bunch of cool rides... all I kept thinking about was those little stickers on the cheapest toys of my youth... "Made in Taiwan!" Their roller coaster was unremarkable.
Coney Island when I was a kid, thought I was going to die !!!

Next would be the "Steamin' Demon" at Great Escape near Lake George, NY. Good ride...
Yeah man!

It's kinda fun trying to talk em off of the cliff with all the drama Disney puts into em.

"I swear you'll love it honey!"

Freaks em out pretty good, but then they realize Daddy wouldn't ever put them in danger.
Superman-Magic Mountain. Yeah yeah not really a traditional.
Superman-Magic Mountain. Yeah yeah not really a traditional.

Last time we went, that was pretty new.

The Goliath was probably as well. That thing was crazy and I'd prob not do it again.
Ever do The Colossus backwards?

Whew....
About 1967 a buddy and I rode this one 9 times in a row.
Once you got on all you needed to do to stay was pay your 35 cents again and stay seated.
We had smoked some bud, got in the front seats and rode 9 times in a row.
I have ridden on several others but this was the roughest ride
Good times

The Pike in Long Beach existed as a popular entertainment destination from 1902 until 1979. The Cyclone Racer, a dual-track (two trains could run at the same time), racing wooden roller coaster was created by Fred Church and built in 1930 by Harry Traver. It ran until September 1968.
Aerial view of a fairly deserted Pike amusement park and downtown Long Beach. The large roller coaster, the Cyclone Racer (center) is the largest attraction at the park. Numerous oil derricks are present in the background.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
A long time ago, summers of 1985 and 1986, I was a ride operator at a small amusement park in Mechanicsburg Pa. called Willow Mill Park. I ran the old wooden roller coaster occasionally. Much preferred operating the bumper cars (met way more girls). That park closed down in the mid 90's. That coaster was never big compared to anything that say Hersheypark has, but that sucker could give ya whiplash if weren't careful. Another smaller local amusement park locally was Williams Grove. That park also closed down about 20 years ago, but most of the rides are still there. That one had a wooden coaster that was pretty cool. It's the same Williams Grove that has the famous dirt track that The World of Outlaws race at every summer.
Originally Posted by EdM

Giant Dipper!

Bingo.

You remember that Cert?

Sure do and correct it was the Grizzly.. jar your nards around for sure

Remember the Demon?

Had a few company summer "picnics" there.
Originally Posted by 700LH
About 1967 a buddy and I rode this one 9 times in a row.
Once you got on all you needed to do to stay was pay your 35 cents again and stay seated.
We had smoked some bud, got in the front seats and rode 9 times in a row.
I have ridden on several others but this was the roughest ride
Good times

The Pike in Long Beach existed as a popular entertainment destination from 1902 until 1979. The Cyclone Racer, a dual-track (two trains could run at the same time), racing wooden roller coaster was created by Fred Church and built in 1930 by Harry Traver. It ran until September 1968.
Aerial view of a fairly deserted Pike amusement park and downtown Long Beach. The large roller coaster, the Cyclone Racer (center) is the largest attraction at the park. Numerous oil derricks are present in the background.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A cousin and I were visiting a great aunt and uncle in Orange in about ‘62 and she took us to the Nu-Pike amusement park in Long Beach. We rode the Cyclone Racer numerous times back to back to back. I think it was 25 cents a ride. 😊

I’ve ridden numerous other, more sophisticated rides but I think the Cyclone Racer is right at the top for me.
Runaway Mine Train - Six Flags Over Texas

You remember that Cert?

Are those places still open? I left in 1995.
Originally Posted by EdM

You remember that Cert?

Are those places still open? I left in 1995.

Yup, my kids rode on the same roller coasters I did late 70's early 80s.
I got most of the top Rollercoasters UNDER my belt...good times ! Ubuild it I will come
Ever do The Colossus backwards?

Whew....

No that came long after I was already a Dad.

Dug the chit out of Magic Mountain though as a teen and young adult in the 80's before it became East LA North.

My Coaster days ended after a Corporate team building exercise back in the mid 90's. That's another story.
Agree that Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio is the coaster capital of America. As I've gotten older, I prefer steel coasters to wood. The wood frames beat you up too bad, plus you just can't get that feeling of your stomach leaving your body with wood coasters.
Haven’t been on one in years. Wish there was one closer.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Yes, the Iowa State Fair. Good old Frend John Miller rocked the chair at the top, if I was not white nukeing so hard, I'd of thrown him out! laugh

That sounds like a Ferris wheel.
we rode the old wooden rollercoaster at lakside park in roanoke va. a lot when we were kids. rode it 10 times in a row when i was 18 or so with country music singer jerry reed. one crazy guy.
Rode a few when I was a youngster. One just went in a circle very fast. I sat on outside, and a fat chic on inside. Thought I'd be crushed to death.
Many times, old wooden ones were the best. Have not been on one in 20 years
Back when I was in high school, I was big into coasters. We had Kings Island just up the road. I used to off hours and ride the Racer and the Beast as much as I could.

I had not ridden a coaster in ages, and KYHillChick and I got a pair of tickets to KI's advance media weekend-- freebies to all the local stations and papers. I got on the Racer with her and . . .

Yikes! Mind you, I had no anticipation of any trouble, but middle age had set in. The adrenaline rush was no longer a high. It was more like a weird sick feeling. What's more, I came out really bruised and banged up. We went home shortly after, and I didn't feel right for a day or so. Sadly, I had to swear off coasters. I've had this happen since; if I take a fall or do something to get my adrenaline pumping, I get weak and feel sick. The KI trip happened in my early 40's. The problem has only grown worse with age.
Every dam one in any park my Dad paid to get us in.
No choice. He paid, we had to get his money's worth.
I don't like heights, I don't like having no control.

There is an old park toward Pittsburgh, they have a really old wooden coaster that isn't real high. It follows the terrain. I will ride it.

About 20 years ago we were at a picnic at Lakemont Park, they have
the world's oldest wooden coaster. My young niece ask me to ride it
with her. I had forgot how much I hated them. Top of the first hill, I was
asking "What the hell am I doing here".
40 years, minimum.
I'm not afraid of much, but Roller Coasters are one of the few things that qualify!
Originally Posted by ironbender
Just that.

I loved it back then as a child. It helped kill phobia for me as a child.

It was fun to me back then as a child.
I love roller coasters.
Yes, and I love them. I like the newer steel coasters better than the old wooden coasters. When the kids were young, we went to a fair amount of different parks and rode a lot of coasters.

The last time we stayed at Disney World about 20 years ago, we had a half day to kill before we had to leave. So the kids and I got on a bus early in the morning and went back to MGM Park. The wife stayed at the hotel by the pool. We got there right when they opened and there was hardy anybody there. No lines for the rides. We spent the next 4 hours riding The Rock'in Roller Coaster and The Tower of Terror over and over. We probably rode each of those at least 10 times before we had to head back to the hotel.
Posted By: BLG Re: Ever Been On A Rollercoaster? - 01/26/22
The Hulk at Universal Florida

Rockin Roller Coaster Hollywood Studios in Florida

Harry Potter motorcycle at Universal Florida

Love me some roller coasters.

Clyde

Forgot one. Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom Florida.
Yes, Arnold's Park, Okoboji, Iowa. Tame by some standard's.
Most exciting rollercoaster ride I had was a high angle attack in a Cobra. Serious rush that is.
I've never turned down a chance to ride one. I love 'em.
Any coaster enthusiast owes it to themself to ride Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point, Sandusky. I've ridden a lot of coasters and it beats them all by a good bit.
We’ve been on one since the inauguration.

Love roller coasters but none can compare to rappelling out of a Huey with an M-16 in one hand.
Originally Posted by Teal
Kings Island was full of them
Six Flags in Gurnee too

In GB there's one. Zipping Pippen - was Elvis's favorite coaster.

^^^^^^^^^^
Go on this with my Grandkids.Bay beach rocks for a cheap day with kids.
Originally Posted by BLG
The Hulk at Universal Florida

I've been on that one. I think that's the one that when it starts, it shoots you out of the top of the thing about 100 mph. It pulls a couple of G's.
My first job was on the cleanup crew at the original Elitch Gardens in Denver. It was in 1962, I was 16 years old, and I pushed a broom for 8 hours a day for $1 an hour. One day they had done some work on their rollercoaster, the Wild Chipmunk, and needed some weight in it, so a couple of other guys and I rode in it for about 7 hours straight.
Several, but never again.

We were on one in Florida once that broke down when we were at the top of one of the "hills". Sparks were going everywhere. The kid running it killed the electricity pretty quick and came to check it out, wife and I got on the wooden catwalk and got off the thing ASAP.

Never, never, never again.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Most exciting rollercoaster ride I had was a high angle attack in a Cobra. Serious rush that is.

‘Coaster +P+
Locally (90 miles away) in Branson, MO we have Silver Dollar City (referred to as Steal Your Dollar City). Old timey arts and crafts plus multiple roller coasters and various other rides and shops every 10' to take your money. Company I work for gives everybody and their family a day pass each year, we upgrade to season pass, and then go once a month or every other month. Try to find a weather forecast with some rain in it to keep the crowds away. My 8 and 11 year old kids love the roller coasters and various rides. Especially when they can get their mom to vomit.
I used to go with the kids on all of them,now ? After 2 knee replacements,both feet held together with pins and screws my rollercoaster days are over.Now my oldest daughter goes on with the younger ones.I don't like them online alone or to ride alone.
© 24hourcampfire