Home
Posted By: Partsman Two more rifles coming - 01/27/22
Won a model 62 and a Ruger 77/22 in the latest auction.
Always wanted a 62, and they advertised the 77/22 as 22 long rifle, but upon checking serial number during the auction it shows on rivers site as a 2005 22 hornet, so it made me decide to go for it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Two more rifles coming - 01/27/22
Congrats on both!
Posted By: ironbender Re: Two more rifles coming - 01/27/22
Good for you Parts!
Posted By: kciH Re: Two more rifles coming - 01/27/22
Sweet, I recently picked up a M1 Garand and a SA M1A Scout. They may not interest me more than some of my shooting game stuff...but my 4 sons are enthralled.

They get al mysticized about the "old" guns I shot 35 years ago.
That's fugging awesome! I had a heart problem the first week of November. I haven't been allowed to go back to work yet. I have been a buying fool! Guns, scopes and ammo! My wife is about fed up! LOL! I'm just kidding! She is okay with it but she told me I needed to slow down! Congrats on the new guns! I've always wanted a Hornet!
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Two more rifles coming - 01/27/22
Winner winner.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Two more rifles coming - 01/27/22
Good for you!
Posted By: hanco Re: Two more rifles coming - 01/27/22
Bought a 257 Bob yesterday, G33/40 action. Never owned or shot a Bob before.
Came with Ziess scope, Timney trigger. Flaigs Rifle, feels good when I throw it up.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: killerv Re: Two more rifles coming - 01/27/22
My bud just scored a laminate/stainless 22hornet m77/22 at a local sheriffs auction for 550. For some reason he wont sell it to me for 550.
Partsman I think you will enjoy your hornet. I enjoy the cartridge and it is very accurate in my #1.
Is that a Taurus Model 62 or a Winchester Model 62?
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Two more rifles coming - 01/27/22
Love the 77/22 Hornet. I'm left handed but still have one that I had re-barreled to 17 Hornet. Way too much fun...
Originally Posted by Partsman
Won a model 62 and a Ruger 77/22 in the latest auction.
Always wanted a 62, and they advertised the 77/22 as 22 long rifle, but upon checking serial number during the auction it shows on rivers site as a 2005 22 hornet, so it made me decide to go for it.

Congrats to you lucky guy. You've got some badass rifle.
Posted By: 57springer Re: Two more rifles coming - 01/27/22
Nice , I own a few hornets. Really a nice round .
Posted By: Tarbe Re: Two more rifles coming - 01/27/22
Nice looking rifles! Jealous!
Posted By: Partsman Re: Two more rifles coming - 01/28/22
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Winchester Mdl 62 PA 22 Cal S, L, LR w Take Down S# 15645 1935
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Winchester Mdl 62 PA 22 Cal S, L, LR w Take Down S# 15645

Sweet!
Posted By: fshaw Re: Two more rifles coming - 01/28/22
Two very cool rifles. Congratulations.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Two more rifles coming - 01/28/22
Well upon reading up on them this one may be old, but it has the later 10 groove slide not seven like the older ones.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Two more rifles coming - 02/08/22
So got the two rifles today and sure enough the Ruger 77/22 is in fact a 22 Hornet, not a 22 long rifle like they posted, bet a lot of people did not research it and find that out.

The model 62 is not bad, but it had a some time been rusted, so that was hard to see in auction pictures, but I wanted one to shoot, not so much as a collector.
Have to get the bore scope through both.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Two more rifles coming - 02/08/22
Originally Posted by killerv
My bud just scored a laminate/stainless 22hornet m77/22 at a local sheriffs auction for 550. For some reason he wont sell it to me for 550.

If you like accurate rifles, be glad he won’t sell it to you.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Two more rifles coming - 02/08/22
So some may have noticed the Ruger 77/22 has a 3-9 Browning scope on it, not sure how good they are or who would have made them for Browning.
Working on getting another Browning BBR in 30/06, but price seems to be going up more than i hoped, i know a lot of years ago i bought one in (gasp) 270 Winchester for 650.00CDN and it is one accurate rifle, and beautiful too, although like some say they are heavy.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Two more rifles coming - 02/12/22
Fired a few rounds off in the work shop to try the Model 62 and it functioned great.
Going to be a fun .22.
Posted By: 450BM Re: Two more rifles coming - 02/12/22
Fired a few rounds off in the work shop to try the Model 62 and it functioned great.
Going to be a fun .22.

I’ve done that when testing some reloads. Found out that shooting into a bucket of wheel weights is smarter than shooing a “plate” of lead. :-). I’m jealous of the Hornet, been thinking about getting one of them for awhile. Not a need but a want…
Tried the Winchester 250 lever action 22, functions well also. That was another auction buy.
Well I just won a Rossi model 62 and a 1980 Browning BBR in 30/06
Posted By: Partsman Re: Two more rifles coming - 02/13/22
Here is the BBR in 30/06 and the Rossi 62
Posted By: Partsman Re: Two more rifles coming - 02/13/22
And the Winchester 62 and the one They listed as a Ruger 77/22 in 22 long rifle, that turns out to be a 2005 77/22H in 22 Hornet, so they did not even know what they were auctioning off.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Two more rifles coming - 02/26/22
Here is the BBR in 30/06 and the Rossi 62

So the Browning BBR arrived along with the Rossi 62, they look great, going to be fun using them, have a Winchester 275 coming now in 22 Mag, this retirement is getting expensive. shocked
© 24hourcampfire