Home
My God, for those of you that remember these days, when educated men were the drug dealers, now look at the IQ of those involved . And these idiots think gun laws will curb the killings.

Oh the humanity !

Doesn't apply today
So its not money driven ?
Something happened to the US in the late 60's early 70's. Until that point US homicide and incarceration rate was the same as the rest of the 1st world( aka the other 30 or so free democracies). Suddenly after that it spikes 400%. Within the decade the US homicide and incarceration rate has climbed to 4-5x higher than any other 1stt world country. And so it remains today.

This isnt a dig at the US. There must be a reason behind it since by and large other metrics between the free world countries stayed comparable.
Communists left the Party and went underground into the media, Dem party (and possibly as moles in the Repubs), and into the universities. They warped next few generations ) minds into liberalism, permissiveness, etc., etc. etc.."Family values" became a dirty phrase. Marriage and raising your kids to be disciplined and productive citizens was undercut. Earning things was replaced by "where's mine"? Television (see media, above) became child rearers for 2-working- parent homes. Johnson, et.al. convinced Blacks that they were, and forever would be "victims".

ACLU and Liberal lawyers.

Johnson: "If we pass this bill the Ni**ers will vote Democrat for the next 200 years". It seems he was right. Even dead ones are still voting. And "counting ballots" . etc.

The Globalists are on board for fun and profit, or maybe vice versa. Blacks, as a general group, are both victims and tools, aware of neither, or at least not the way they have been led to believe.

In the 30's, the Communist Party referred to themselves as "Progressives". Sound familiar? Other things too - I could go on, but you get the general idea. It was not ONE thing, except a concerted, pre-planned, multi-pronged long term plan. Breaking down the concept of personal responsibility and discipline was the key, along with control of the media to decide what news you were entitled to hear, and the spin on it, and colleges to teach "appropriate thinking" (if I may use that term), rather than critical thinking.

And it worked.
Originally Posted by 158XTP
Something happened to the US in the late 60's early 70's. Until that point US homicide and incarceration rate was the same as the rest of the 1st world( aka the other 30 or so free democracies). Suddenly after that it spikes 400%. Within the decade the US homicide and incarceration rate has climbed to 4-5x higher than any other 1stt world country. And so it remains today.

This isnt a dig at the US. There must be a reason behind it since by and large other metrics between the free world countries stayed comparable.

The Civil Rights movement and associated acts let the blacks run riot after being contained by law and custom. Then the reaction to the black crime explosion caused many to become incarcerated.

As simple as that.

If you break crime rates down by race & ethnicity, you will find that Finns in Finland and Finns in Minnesota have similar rates. Same for Sicilians in Sicily & Sicilians in New Jersey. And blacks in Africa & blacks in Chicago.
A Godless society…
Originally Posted by viking
A Godless society…

Agree
I started teaching high school in 1967. In 1970 the whole school culture changed. Buttoned down kids would go home at Christmas and come back ten days later as stoners. We lost our exe marine dean and got a puzzy lib in his place (who had two out of control kids of his own). They abolished the dress code and set up a smoking area for the kids.
It got worse.
^^^^True.^^^^
Back in HS, there seemed to be a change of sorts in the late 80’s. Small but noticeable.

Hard to imagine what ya old timers have witnessed.

It would appear the common denominator of a declining society would be schools and re-education system.
When I was in elementary school, teachers wore dresses. Male teachers shirts and ties. Female students were required to wear dresses unless the weather was bad. Now the teachers wear sweat suits and jeans. I blame the teachers unions (part of the commie left) for a lot of our woes these days. I'll be 62 in a couple weeks.

Ron
Yes, the schools suck, but it's not their job to shape society. They were originally tasked with the 3 R's, although now they are far, far outside the original mission, and spectacularly failing at both. It's simplistic to suggest that one particular thing contributed to the decline of our society, but I cannot ignore the fact that timewise, it paralleled the huge rise in single parent households.
Sociologists refer to it as the breakup of the nuclear family. Single moms are either working their asses off, or on the couch watching Oprah, either way, kids are raising themselves.
A culture that was raised with no discipline, lack of personal responsibility and no respect for anything. The seeds of the drug culture of the 60’s & 70’s is what we are reaping today.
Our schools are a mess, the wife’s daughter is a teacher in Omaha, the stories she can tell.
Originally Posted by 158XTP

There was a large rise in single parent households that started about that time frame, the U.S. has the world's highest rate of children living in single-parent households.

For decades, the share of U.S. children living with a single parent has been rising, accompanied by a decline in marriage rates and a rise in births outside of marriage.
#Bootleggers
#Rumrunners
I can remember when I was in elementary school the teachers were women in their 40's and 50`.They wore dresses and makeup and expected you to setup straight, no talking, while she was teaching and there was a trip to the principal `s office! By the time I got to high school, the teacher's were just finishing college themselves and were full of all sorts of new ideas about everything. Dress code was gone , hell, my 12th grade English teacher was a hot 20 something who was also the girls tennis coach and during tennis season she would be teaching in a tennis dress!! 🎾 All yo boys would pay attention to something but I can promise you it wasn't English
O'Connor v. Donaldson, 422 U.S. 563 (1975)

Insanity became okay.
Marijuana cigarettes.
Single parent homes
Gov’t housing.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
© 24hourcampfire