Home
Posted By: Peddler Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/10/22
The paper thin floor mats that came with my vehicle are falling apart. Are these any good? Are they a woke Campfire banned company?
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/10/22
Not that I’m aware of, as far as woke.

I have them in my truck, they’re nice.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/10/22
I use Husky Liners. Both are extremely good, though.
Posted By: SKane Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/10/22
Yes - standard installation whenever a new vehicle comes home.
Posted By: Peddler Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/10/22
Cool thanks.
Posted By: strikeu Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/10/22
I've had them in a couple different trucks. the bad part is they're very truck specific. at least the ones I got were, and they last forever so when you get rid of a truck and replace it with a new truck, unless you get the exact model, you just have to let $200 worth of floor mats go with the other truck, you can't re-use them.
Posted By: JOG Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/10/22
I like the Weathertech gear. I wouldn't choose black again because they really show the salt that's thrown around here. Grey would have worked fine in my grey and black interior.
Posted By: goalie Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/10/22
Husky here.

No complaints
Posted By: ro1459 Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/10/22
I also use the Husky brand. Either are outstanding. I've this set for six years and they are as good as new. Worth the price.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/10/22
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Same
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/10/22

Husky's R good

Same
I’ve had Weathertech floor liners in my last several vehicles and will keep using them or something similar.
Posted By: 1Longbow Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/10/22
I have Weather tec in one vehicle and Husky in an other . Both very good
Posted By: JMUPT Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
I've had a set in my 2013 Ram 1500 for 8yrs and they have been great. The only issue was the Weathertech emblem came off after washing them a couple years ago. The carpet under the liners looks like new. I've put over 200k miles on the truck and the liners have been in there the whole time. Lots of wear and tear with no issues.
Posted By: RicG Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
I put Husky’s in my new T4R. Had Weathertech in previous vehicle. Both are fine… Husky’s were a bit cheaper.
Weathertech is perfect. Love the darn things. They cost, but there is no substitute but perhaps Husky, and I will stick with what I know I like.
Posted By: chris_c Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
Weathertech in several vehicles, can't wear em out
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
They're all I use. I put them in as soon as I drive the vehicle home.
They are wonderful. I’ve never owned a set, however, as they would double the value of anything I drive…kind of like a tank full of gas.
Have them in my 4Runner. Had them in my last 2 trucks before that. I like them.
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
Been using them in my 4Runner since 2014. Of course my 4Runner only has 27K miles.
Posted By: pullit Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
got them in my truck and wife's car as well
Posted By: rost495 Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
Originally Posted by strikeu
I've had them in a couple different trucks. the bad part is they're very truck specific. at least the ones I got were, and they last forever so when you get rid of a truck and replace it with a new truck, unless you get the exact model, you just have to let $200 worth of floor mats go with the other truck, you can't re-use them.

cost of a truck these days 200 is last of my worries
Posted By: Calvin Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
I would never have a vehicle without them or similar. Keeps things nice.
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
Originally Posted by strikeu

#buyandsellused
Posted By: killahog Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22

What type a vehicle are you putting them in?. I have a new set to fit a 2019 CRV .
Posted By: JGray Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
I bought a new to me '16 Chevy 3500 last year that came with Weathertechs. The guy at the detail shop showed me how the grippers on the underside to hold them in place were damaging the carpet noting that was common with Weathertech. I replaced them with the Husky floor liners and feel they fit a bit better. The Huskys are softer/more flexible and seem conform to the shape of the floor better. Just my observation, but I think the Husky is a better product.
Posted By: Houser52 Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
I put Huskey floor liners in my new 1997 Ram Cummins. I used the truck when deer, coyote and ground hog hunting, cattle farmed and everything in between. They still looked great when I sold the truck in 2018. Huskey didn’t offer floor liners for my new Ram so I tried Weather Tech. So far they have proven to be as good as Huskey. We will see how they look after another 15-20 years.
Posted By: jar Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
Originally Posted by Peddler
The paper thin floor mats that came with my vehicle are falling apart. Are these any good? Are they a woke Campfire banned company?

the thing I did not care for was how porous they are . I hated trying to clean them . gave them away and bought a full set of husky floor mats. same style but a bit more flexible and way easier to clean.
I've had both plus Cabelas brand. Prefer the Weathertech. Better fit and they snap in place and stay there. I usually sell them with the vehicle. As new OEM floor mats that were taken out when the Weathertechs went in help sell the truck.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
Weather tech were less plug and play than I was expecting from my last set.

They’re good, and I like them in the truck, but the edges were less in contact with the material around them - the tech said they’d soften and form to the cab floor, but I haven’t found that to be case.
Another Weathertech fan here. I put em in my Nissan pickup early on, had never used them before. My subsequent vehicles, car or truck, are gonna have them too.

Floor mats like that oughta come standard with every vehicle
Husky's a good alternate. I don't see much difference. I have a 10 year old set in my Dodge pickup. They don't clean up as well as they used to but I've never babied them. They catch a lot of dirt and water.
Another vote for Husky.
Posted By: 2five7 Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
Weathertechs will curl at the edges after a while, I've owned 3 sets and they all did it. Went with the Husky "Xact contour" this time around, much better quality, thicker rubber. No curling at all.

https://www.huskyliners.com/X-act-Contour-Floor-Mats
For the people who got the Huskies, did you get the weather beater or X contour model? Both appear to be custom cut for the vehicle. Weather beater appears more plastic like and the X contour appears more like a stiff rubber.
Originally Posted by 2five7
Weathertechs will curl at the edges after a while, I've owned 3 sets and they all did it. Went with the Husky "Xact contour" this time around, much better quality, thicker rubber. No curling at all.

Thanks.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
Anyone know of a good carpet type version.

I drive barefoot and the rubber ones trap water, snow, etc and feel "icky" on my bare feet.

Toyota factory ones cost too much for my cheap blood.
what you're really asking here is 'what style of Crocs should I wear while driving?'
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
For the people who got the Huskies, did you get the weather beater or X contour model? Both appear to be custom cut for the vehicle. Weather beater appears more plastic like and the X contour appears more like a stiff rubber.

I’ve got X contour in my Tundra and they’ve been great.

Exactly my experience...
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I drive barefoot and the rubber ones trap water, snow, etc and feel "icky" on my bare feet.

I thought you wore flip flops?
Posted By: benchman Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
I have them. Very good .
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
My wife and I have Weather Techs in our vehicles. We like them.
Remove factory matt and replace with Weathertechs is SOP
Posted By: killerv Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
First thing you should do, especially if you have kids, weathertechs are pricey but worth it. I even bought their rear seat cover

My new gmc came with a gm version of them, they are holding up really well so far but I wouldnt consider them quite as nice as weathertech or husky.
Posted By: tylerw02 Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
My weathertech matts in my old truck were terrible. After about three years, they started curling and the material delaminated. Additionally, the matts were anchored with a plastic hook which required you to drill a hole in the floorboard. After a few years, the plastic anchor stripped out and I was left with a matt that slid around and a hole in the floorboard. I'd go with an upgraded factory set or Husky.
Originally Posted by JGray

Exactly my experience...

My Weathertechs never did that and I've had them in 3 of my trucks.
Posted By: fishnpbr Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22

THIS

I have had both. In my opinion Husky are a better quality mat.
Originally Posted by JOG
I like the Weathertech gear. I wouldn't choose black again because they really show the salt that's thrown around here. Grey would have worked fine in my grey and black interior.

gray shows the same
10 year old Huskies. Still fit perfectly in my Dodge, no edge curl. Just waiting for the ground to dry up so I can hose them off. They're scuffed up a bit but hey, it's a truck.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: skeen Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22

I have the Husky X-Act Contour liners, front and back, in the F-150. Seem to be holdin' up alright.

At the end of the day, Husky or Weathertech, I think it's 1/2 dozen in one, 6 in the other.
When I bought my Huskies, I don't recall having a choice of styles. Or maybe Amazon or Ebay or wherever I bought them just didn't carry other styles.
Posted By: 257James Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22

+1 I’ve had both and prefer the Husky X-Act fit in my Tacoma Double Cab.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
Husky x-act contour. The only issue is they don’t come in any color but black.
Another +1 for Huskys. Either one is better than stock though.
Posted By: trplem Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
I've had them in my truck for about ten years now. They work well and look like new when they're washed. Curiously enough, my second hand '06 GTO came with them. They seem like a bit of overkill for a car never driven in snow or nasty muck.
Posted By: VaHunter Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
I use Husky liners, and have for many years, in all of my vehicles and the have held up extremely well. I think I am using the original set I purchase when my 1998 4runner was new so they are 23 years old. I know the ones in my truck were purchased in 2002 and in our Highlander in 2014 (247,000 miles and 176,000 miles respectively).
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
I somehow got the wrong color of Husky mats once, and they cheerfully took them back and sent the right ones immediately. That made me a Husky customer for all time.

BTW, whichever brand you buy take them out of the box and sit them in the sun and air for a day or two to get rid of the "rubber chemical" smell and flatten them out.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22

Exactly my experience...

I went with the Husky Liners based on the same comments on Fordtrucks.com. They are a great fit in my 22 F250.
I tried their rear wheel fender liner, they were as bad as the mats are good and went back.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
I have them for each vehicle I own that they make sets for....

there is a good reason for that.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
what you're really asking here is 'what style of Crocs should I wear while driving?'

No, I don't wear ANY shoes while driving normally.

Sometimes while hunting and moving between spots in the forest, and then only because I don't want to untie my boots.

Finally warming up enough I don't even have to wear my sandals on our hikes here with the dogs. Just put in a half mile on the dirt road barefoot yesterday afternoon getting the feet toughened up for summer.

I hate wearing shoes, anywhere, and especially while driving.

And I have never worn a pair of plastic crocs and likely never will.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I thought you wore flip flops?

Sandals most of the year. Until the snow comes up over the top of them

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And I have the heels folded down on those so they act like slides and come right off when I get in a vehicle.

Hope things are going well up there for you and family in the Gorge.
Posted By: jbmi Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
Bought my first set of Weathertech for my 2012 Expedition, sold the truck a month ago with 100K, and the matts were in very good condition, the carpet looked new,
bought another set for my 2017 Explorer, 50K, everything still looks good.
Bought my third set for my summer fun car, 2010 Jaguar XK, they work great.
I have a new Lincoln Aviator arriving in a few weeks and wife bought me a $200 gift certificate for it, I'll get the front matt, middle seat matt and cargo matt.
All the Weathertech matts were ordered to fit the specific vehicle, and they did.
I was surprised to see that they offered them for the 12 year old Jag, but they had the color I wanted and the fit was perfect.
I would highly recommend them.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
I have them in all of my vehicles and they work great.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22

Ditto...
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I use Husky Liners. Both are extremely good, though.

I like Husky Liners better than Weathertech, but Weathertech seems to keep liners for older vehicles in production longer than Husky. I wanted to buy a set of Husky Liners for my Wife's daily driver Lexus RX350, but could only find Weathertech liners. Weathertech liners are OK, but not as good as Husky liners IMO.
Originally Posted by fburgtx

I'm pretty sure mine are brown...

https://www.amazon.com/Husky-Liners-Front-SuperCrew-SuperCab/dp/B072L2311K?th=1

X-act Contour is what I bought...
Posted By: fburgtx Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 02/11/22
Originally Posted by fburgtx

I'm pretty sure mine are brown...

https://www.amazon.com/Husky-Liners-Front-SuperCrew-SuperCab/dp/B072L2311K?th=1

Great! Wish they had a gray or tan, as well. Until recently, it was black only (had in my Ram for 6 years)...
I saw the Husky brand liners on sale for about 20% off at Autoanything.com. It was the weather beater line which is similar to the Weathertechs. I wanted the more rugged rubber mats in their x contour line which weren't on sale but I saw they have a site wide 12% discount on floor mats (save12). I got the front and rear x contour and cargo line in weather beater. Ended up saving about 60 bucks on the set.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 04/03/22
I’ve used both weather tech and husky. Currently using the former in both our vehicles. They are curling on the edges. Will go back to husky next vehicle.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 04/03/22
i have them in my car and truck. i like them.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 04/03/22
Had Huskies in my first Tacoma from 1996 to 2008, then got an '09 Tacoma end of August '08. Put another set of new Huskies in that one also. The truck and its floor mats will be 14 years old this August. Only complaints I ever had with the Huskies is my drivers side mat on the current ones is curling up in the corner after 13 + years. Gonna try uncurling it when the weather warms up.
Posted By: Oakster Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 04/03/22
Originally Posted by Peddler

Weather Tech is good stuff. I have them in all my trucks. In my car, which is a little less "tough and muddy" we use a cleaner, smoother looking laser formed mat set made by 3d. An example is shown at the following link. They fit very well and are easy to clean, keep the carpet in good shape. They look good too. Weather Tech just wouldnt look right in our Challenger.
https://shop.redline360.com/products/3d-maxpider-floor-mats-dodge-challenger-11-21-kagu-style
Posted By: Peddler Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 04/03/22
I saw the Husky brand liners on sale for about 20% off at Autoanything.com. It was the weather beater line which is similar to the Weathertechs. I wanted the more rugged rubber mats in their x contour line which weren't on sale but I saw they have a site wide 12% discount on floor mats (save12). I got the front and rear x contour and cargo line in weather beater. Ended up saving about 60 bucks on the set.

I went with the X-Contour Huskies. I like the idea of the heavy duty rubber vs the plastic or whatever it is. Time will tell.
Originally Posted by fishnpbr

THIS

I have had both. In my opinion Husky are a better quality mat.

Another vote for Husky.
Posted By: Peddler Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 04/18/22
If anyone is thinking about the Husky weatherbeater line, they're on sale for 48 hours for 30% off.

Link
I like mine.
Posted By: Sheister Re: Weathertech Floor Liners - 04/18/22
I've got the Weathertecks in my 2015 Silverado and I've been very happy with them. They fit perfectly and keep the damage to my carpets and inner panels to a minimum. My son ended up getting the Huskies for his new 2020 GMC Sierra because the Weathertech weren't available at the time and he likes them even better than my Weathertechs . After seeing how his fit and work I have to agree with him and they were a bit cheaper than the Weathertech units...

Bob
© 24hourcampfire