Home
Posted By: gunzo Carbon TV worm - 02/12/22
Any suggestions on how to get rid of it ? Be gentle with me, my computer knowledge consist of turning it on/off.

It's looks like it might be a Google thing? Or, thinking it appeared when I was pasting a music vid. ?
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Carbon TV worm - 02/12/22
If you go to carbontv.com, you'd find a website that has a bunch of hunting videos you can watch if you register. I think it's a legit site that pays to advertise here. Since they pay to advertise, they do what they can to keep us from blocking what they're paying for. I suspect they have someone in IT who knows his business.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Carbon TV worm - 02/12/22
Brave browser.
Adblocker Ultimate will get it, too.
Posted By: arky65 Re: Carbon TV worm - 02/12/22
Some how it got past Brave and Adblocker Ultimate, switched to Ublock origin to get rid of it but I feel it will be back.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Carbon TV worm - 02/12/22
Thanks guys

Some info I should of added, I use adbocker plus & until now it's been very effective. This caorbonTV chit, the vid doesn't show, just get the sound.
Originally Posted by arky65
Some how it got past Brave and Adblocker Ultimate, switched to Ublock origin to get rid of it but I feel it will be back.
with those, you need to open the add-on, click on 'block element', and play around with that. Brave won't block it automatically. It has the blocker pre-installed but it needs to be set for CTV.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Carbon TV worm - 02/12/22
Originally Posted by arky65

If it comes back just enter "Picker" mode and zap it.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Carbon TV worm - 02/12/22
There are several versions of it, so you'll have to use the uBlock Origin "Picker" tool for each one. I think I created rules for four or five of them. But they're gone now. Running Brave browser with uBO added.
Posted By: Violator22 Re: Carbon TV worm - 02/12/22
Go to custom filters on Brave, or in adblock and add these lines.

cdn.jwplayer.com

ssl-cdn.carbontv.com##cdn.jwplayer.com

www.24hourcampfire.com##cdn.jwplayer.com
© 24hourcampfire