Home
For me it's Red beans and rice. I never understood why she wouldn't want to fill her magazine with ammo too
I love me some Dutch oven mutton, but my wife gags when she smells it!
Liver and onions. What's wrong with her???
Originally Posted by Winchester21

Liver and onions times 2!!
anything spicy.
Meatloaf. I love it, her not so much.
Originally Posted by IA_fog

Times 3! If we go out, I’ll get liver & onions and she has hot roast beef.
7mm
Beef stew
hasenpfeffer
Liver and onions with double helping of cabbage
Deer heart, sliced thin, floured and fried. I love it, she doesn't which is good because that means more for me.
Too many to list.
#5 for Liver and Onions........................
Liver and onions here as well.
Oysters on the BBQ
Ribs and mashed potatoes. She hates both.
Anything with beans if they are the main ingredient. Raw onions or dishes with a lot of garlic.
Liver and Onions, Sloppy Joe's, Corned Beef and Cabbage, Anything with onions in it, Anything with Leeks in it....
You guys better not say bearded clam.
Fried chicken. I know, I know, it makes no sense.
Boudin - she claims it smells up the whole house.
Liver and onions here also!
Originally Posted by stxhunter
anything spicy.

Yep.

Whole family is like that.
Originally Posted by strosfann
Boudin - she claims it smells up the whole house.

I'd divorce her.
Liver & onions, menudo, beef/deer/elk heart, chicken livers & gizzards, raw onions.
Nothing beans for the wife.

Wife isn't a meatloaf or stew fan either as some have mentioned. I love meatloaf sandwiches.
Venison. She’ll cook it but won’t eat it.
Liver and onions, or anything with shrimp in it.

Ron
Liver and onions, also heart and onions.
I eat whatever she cooks. And don't complain because most of the time food is fantastic.
Tuna casserole and spaghetti
not exactly hate, but she doesn't like ham and its one of my favorite meats. only took me about 20 years of marriage to realize why we rarely have ham.
Liver and onions
Fried gizzards
Spinach
Heart
Anything cajun/creole.
Originally Posted by MAC
Deer heart, sliced thin, floured and fried. I love it, she doesn't which is good because that means more for me.

Penny puts stuffing in ‘em and bakes ‘em in the oven.
Good eating. She’s offered to do deer liver for me, but I haven’t taken her up on it. Her making something she doesn’t like just for me don’t seem right.
7mm has
Turkey loaf in gravy
My two beer venison Chili.
Venison meat (either hamburger or diced up steak) with red beans, elbow macaroni, tomato soup, and lots of diced raw onions. plenty of salt, pepper, seasonal and chili powder.
Beer doesn't go in the chili, that's what I drink while making it.
I put kidney beans in Chili, wife hates kidney beans, therefore, we virtually never have chili.

Wife also doesn't like dumplings in soup, but will eat noodles. Luckily, both of the kids like dumplings so we occasionally out-vote momma and she eats something else.

Wife also doesn't like any fruit pies. Kids and I like both cherry and apple pie (individually, not mixed together) and apple crisp. She doesn't like bread-pudding w/cinnamon, heavy cream, and a little caramel sauce either.
Another liver & onions here!
Any kind of fish, except canned tuna
Originally Posted by skeen
Meatloaf. I love it, her not so much.

hell of a way to say it........bob
More Liver and Onions, Chicken livers rice and brown gravy, celery, scrambled eggs with hot salsa and mexican cheese on em'.
Anything with my 3-reactor melt down hot sauce included.
Originally Posted by Vegasred
I love me some Dutch oven mutton, but my wife gags when she smells it!
I would too..... EWE! laugh laugh
Cant believe how many people like liver and onions

Tried it 2x

Nastiest schit on the face of the planet
Originally Posted by IA_fog

Yup. She get all gaggy when I tell her how great my lobe tastes.
No wife so I eat what I want. Someone mentioned meatloaf sandwiches and that has to be one of my all time favorites!
Pheasant.

She enjoys my cock but is deathly afraid of biting down on a nickel plated #5.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Pheasant.

She enjoys my cock but is deathly afraid of biting down on a nickel plated #5.

How about gold?
Anything fried…she’s a health & fitness teacher (and fanatic) and me…not so much!
I'm going to turn this around. My wife loves Brussells Sprouts and cooking them stinks up the whole darn house. Then she expects me to eat the nasty things.
Tuna noodle casserol
Ham and bean soup along with corn beef hash
She says - "bull balls and - brains and eggs" smile
Muskrat.
Arbys
The ol country assed plate likkin girl I married had to be introduced to peel & eat shrimp, & raw oysters. Now she finishes her's & tries to get in my plate.

She loves Saltines pickle loaf & hot sauce for a snack. I draw the line at pickle loaf.

Come to think of it, she draws the line at Escargot, I get mine & hers.
Bluegill that I catch out of our pond. I'll fry up about 6 or really nice bluegill, she won't eat them. I love that schit
Don't think a post is allowed that much bandwidth.
Head cheese
Blood & tongue sausage
Liver and onions #15 she only lets me cook it in the house when she's out of town.
I thought I'd post liver and onions and be unique!
When my 84 year mother passes, it'll be the end of that treat for me.
That should be about #17?
In the tradition of my late father, I enjoy peanut butter and honey sandwiches dunked in ice cold milk for an evening snack. My wife cannot even watch me eat them. Her babysitter used to make her and her siblings eat bread soaked in milk before bed and it gives her flashbacks.

I love fried gizzards. She hates them.

She loves olives. I can't stand the thought even smelling one.
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
[/quote]
Her making something she doesn’t like just for me don’t seem right.
7mm has

Same situation for us.
I love liver and onions, and it's one of the dishes that resturaunts don't do
the way I like. Why do they slice it like lunchmeat?

She will make it, but I don't ask. It stinks up the house, is nasty to
handle, and she doesn't like it.
My father introduced us to what he called "Hunter's Special", which is hamburger, pork & beans, brown sugar and mustard. Basically, it is baked beans with burger, all made in skillet. Its very good.
Corned Beef and Cabbage! I love it and she hates the aftermath...
Raw oysters
Braized lamb shank.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by stxhunter
anything spicy.

Yep.

Whole family is like that.

I give her chit, tell her you ain't no mescan won't even eat hot sauce... hell I can put Tapatio on my pecker and I know plenty of white girls that will suck it off, they're more mescan than you. She gets mad. the reason I do that is she is always talking about white girls.
Pho'. I love it and she hates it. When we're at her parents house in Utah it always gives me a chance to get away by myself for a while when I head into the city to find a Vietnamese restaurant.

Bb
Liver and Onions? Man, I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat guts. I'll take the prime rib, thank you very much! grin

My wife is not a picky eater, but she isn't a fan of corned beef & cabbage. She doesn't mind liver and onions, though, which I think is crazy.
She won’t eat deer/elk/antelope.

It’s my fault, really. She tagged along on a cow hunt and watched how a live elk transitioned to dead meat. The rest of the small herd ran off and left “Emma” behind, so of course they stopped and called for her.

My wife didn’t like that.

The mistake was letting out an “eeah” when we sat down to a backstrap dinner.

P
I will have to come back and fix u broken turds.....stand by....some of are OUT NOW....sorry u are broken
Can anyone translate atvalaska into English for me?
Originally Posted by atvalaska
I will have to come back and fix u broken turds.....stand by....some of are OUT NOW....sorry u are broken

Little crowning going on?
Without reading through the rest, there were a number of us on the first page.

Add me to the liver and onions list.

Could toss in tongue tacos or burritos, giblet gravy on the whole T-day dinner. Prolly a few others.
Originally Posted by Badgerloader
Head cheese
Blood & tongue sausage

Head cheese? Not circumcised?
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
Liver and Onions? Man, I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat guts. I'll take the prime rib, thank you very much! grin

My wife is not a picky eater, but she isn't a fan of corned beef & cabbage. She doesn't mind liver and onions, though, which I think is crazy.

Glad to hear Vicki appreciates liver and onions!
Pickled fish. My wife is not a fan at all but I love it, that and smoked oysters from a can
Kosher Chopped Chicken Livers.

I usually get a hankering for Chopped Chicken Livers (CCL) about this time of year. In fact, I whipped up a batch last week. The reason why is that:

a) It cuts down on the processing if you can take the whole load outside and set it down in fresh-fallen snow. Rapid cooling helps the consistency
b) Cabin Fever season is a great time for embarking on extended cooking projects.

I had been dating KYHillChick for a couple of months. She came over for dinner, and I'd made a batch of CCL while I was cooking other things. I offered her some on some Matzo crackers, and she turned up her nose.

"I can tell you like it, so please! Go ahead and eat. Don't mind me," she said.

"Well that settles one thing," I said. "This is an important step in the relationship."

"I'm sorry," she said. "I just can't stand organ meat."

"That's okay," I replied. "It's just that I know you're being honest with me. A lot of chicks would have lied and tried to stomach this stuff. I know it's a kind of a niche thing."

This became a real watershed in our relationship. I'd gone down this road many times before with women. CCL was a real make-or-break item in my dating. It wasn't about whether the chick liked CCL or not. It was whether they were honest about it. This was the first woman in 2 decades of dating that had come right out and told me no CCL was going to pass her lips. We've been married 24 years. The closest KYHillChick has come was this year: she asked if she could steal one of my matzo crackers for her salad.

You have to understand a few things:

1) I've been hooked on CCL since I was a wee one. This is the first recipe I learned to cook for myself at age 8. My mother found me Momma Grossinger's recipe. (The Famous Catskill Resort). I still have the recipe written in Mom's handwriting.
2) When I was a kid, many restaurants around town had some version of CCL either on their menu or as part of their free appetizer platter.
3) Most kosher restaurants and delis had it. If you have never dived into Kosher Deli fare, you're missing something. Cincinnati used to have Kosher delicatessens all over town. They're now almost gone. As the old Jews have died off, the youngsters are not as hooked on the old-school stuff.
4) The Grossinger recipe Mom found me was missing something. I spent about a decade looking for the missing ingredient and ended up dating a Jewish girl for 2 years before she coughed up the secret, but only after she became convinced that we might get married. I'm sworn to secrecy.
5) Cincinnati is full of these sorts of odd cross-cultural artifacts. It's right along with Cincinnati Chili (at its root, it's a Bulgarian dish) and Goetta. With the latter, you have to understand that the Germans pretty much forgot about Goetta, but the Kentucky Hillbillies embraced it and made it a regular part of their breakfast fare. KYHillChick won't eat that either, but she loves Cincinnati Chili and eats more of it than I do.

BTW: Here's a short recipe: Take rinsed chicken livers, and sauteed onions and fresh garlic, and hard-boiled egg. Cook them all together and then cool them down as fast as you can. When room temperature or thereabouts, run them through a food processor, adding salt, celery salt, pepper, paprika, and whatever to taste. Refrigerate. Serve on crackers or bread. My favorites are Jewish Matzo, or a Kaiser Roll, or toasted bagel chips.
Fried chicken livers and gizzards

Corned beef and sour kraut. I love a good Reuben.
Sardines, crackers,beer
Fried chicken gizzards
Yeah, liver and onions.
Liver and onions!
My wife is a farm girl and loves most anything that came from the farm with maybe 2 exceptions.

She won't make or eat Beef stroganoff, and she doesn't care for grilled lamb, although she's a fair hand at grilling it.
Wife grew up eating wild game, so won't eat it now. She'll cook deer and elk but won't eat it. I cook the squirrels.
Olives
Spicy food
Korean food
Kapusta (Polish sauerkraut)
Garlic bologna
My wife is the one who likes liver and onions, me not so much.
she doesn't like beans or squirrel.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Pintos
But in reverse
For us it's either Seafood or Cajun food! She thinks seafood is fried shrimp and Cajun food is too spicy!

On the other hand she loves pretty much any wild game I bring home except goose, so there's that!

Elk Country

Deer or elk heart sliced and fried in butter or roasted on a stick over an open fire.
Canned venison.

But she has stuck with me for 40+ years so she either has really either good taste or perseverance.
Fish..any kind
The wife eats buche, tripas, lengua and pata, so...
Sauerkraut. I love the stuff. She...um....don't...
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
I eat whatever she cooks. And don't complain because most of the time food is fantastic.

She was standing over your shoulder, wasn't she?
© 24hourcampfire