Home
Posted By: Rock Chuck A few powders available - 02/17/22
https://shop.hodgdon.com/hodgdon They don't have a great selection and of course shipping is out of sight. They have some Ramshot Big Game and several types of Accurate. They have Win 231 but only in 8lb jugs. Do you know how many 380 loads I can make from 8lb? I won't live that long.

I bought 2 lb of Big Game. I can use it in any of my 3 rifles, 22-250, 30-06, and 300 WSM. I haven't used it before but I'm tired of constantly shopping for what I've used in the past. With each powder they have links to Hodgdon load data to check for usable loads as you shop. Now all I need is some large rifle primers.
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: A few powders available - 02/17/22
I wish you would have kept this on the "Downlow"...
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: A few powders available - 02/17/22
Ok everyone, Please ignore this thread.
Personally, I appreciate a heads up -- need large rifle primers. Even a few hundred would help.
Just bought a keg of Win 231.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: A few powders available - 02/17/22
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Personally, I appreciate a heads up -- need large rifle primers. Even a few hundred would help.

What kind to you need? I could part with 200 Federal 210's
the problem is getting them here. The hazmat charges are too high for just a few.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: A few powders available - 02/17/22
That was my next question. I haven't shipped primers before.

Dang - I just called UPS. I'm not Dangerous Goods certified so I would have to go through a broker, vs those same primers in loaded ammo I can ship all day long.
Posted By: JoeMama Re: A few powders available - 02/17/22
Would you be comfortable shipping gonehunting your prepped cases? He could insert the primers and then ship the primed cases back. UPS happily handles ORD without Hazmat.

I shipped a buddy some pistol powder by loading it into shotshells and then shipping the loaded shells to him Texas. He disassembled and recovered the powder.

-Joe
Posted By: CashisKing Re: A few powders available - 02/17/22
Originally Posted by JoeMama
Would you be comfortable shipping gonehunting your prepped cases? He could insert the primers and then ship the primed cases back. UPS happily handles ORD without Hazmat.

I shipped a buddy some pistol powder by loading it into shotshells and then shipping the loaded shells to him Texas. He disassembled and recovered the powder.

-Joe

Very smart work around... +1
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: A few powders available - 02/17/22
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco

Why is that ?

-Joe
That would be a good idea IF I had any empty cases. It's been winter here and I've loaded everything I have. That's why I'm out of primers and powder.
Posted By: weaselsRus Re: A few powders available - 02/17/22

I have 2 hundred I'd give you next time we're in Twin, should be May or sooner if you can wait.
Originally Posted by weaselsRus

I have 2 hundred I'd give you next time we're in Twin, should be May or sooner if you can wait.

I have all my cases full so I'm in good shape for a while. Thanks.
Posted By: rost495 Re: A few powders available - 02/17/22
Originally Posted by weaselsRus

I have all my cases full so I'm in good shape for a while. Thanks.

That sounds a lot different than a few hundred would help to me.

And if you like heads up on forums you better be on the forum 24/7
Posted By: rost495 Re: A few powders available - 02/17/22
https://shop.hodgdon.com/hodgdon They don't have a great selection and of course shipping is out of sight. They have some Ramshot Big Game and several types of Accurate. They have Win 231 but only in 8lb jugs. Do you know how many 380 loads I can make from 8lb? I won't live that long.

I bought 2 lb of Big Game. I can use it in any of my 3 rifles, 22-250, 30-06, and 300 WSM. I haven't used it before but I'm tired of constantly shopping for what I've used in the past. With each powder they have links to Hodgdon load data to check for usable loads as you shop. Now all I need is some large rifle primers.

Did you know 231 works for other rounds than 380. And that famous last words... if I had a use for more 231 I'd buy it instead of leaving myself open to complain later.

Not to mention trading ability... more powder is better than less.
Posted By: TheKid Re: A few powders available - 02/17/22
Natchez has large rifle primers as of an hour ago. But they’re $150 a thousand plus hazmat. If you really need them….
Posted By: jdunham Re: A few powders available - 02/17/22
Thanks for the link. Was down to my last pound of Big Game which you can’t find here. Great 30-06 powder. Used to like to order several powders at once to save on the hazmat and shipping but you never find anything but one powder in stock at a time anymore. Glad I have most everything I need for the foreseeable future.
Originally Posted by TheKid
Natchez has large rifle primers as of an hour ago. But they’re $150 a thousand plus hazmat. If you really need them….
Those are BR's. I would expect them to cost more. I don't need that.
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: A few powders available - 02/17/22
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco

Why is that ?

Gee... I Dun-no, More mice in the cheese maybe?... Ya Think?... Lol...
I got 5 lbs of IMR 4350 a week or so ago. After hazmat I paid dearly for it. About 45.00 a pound for it. That's ok gets me up to 9 1/2 pounds of it.
Gonna have to get onto primers now. Down to about 12,000 now.
I look at it this way, money comes and goes, things like primers might not come.....
Posted By: gunchamp Re: A few powders available - 02/18/22
I finally scored alliant mr pro 2000. Been a whore to land some. Been out bidded on gb nunerous times. Midway has it in stock right now. Only lets you grab 2lbs, but the 416 ruger has been sitting there waiting for go go powder. Have a decent amount of loaded rounds, but really didnt want to shoot knowing i havent been able to land powder.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: A few powders available - 02/18/22
Its funny too becausr i buy in the good times, like alot. Im set for life and my daughters life on primers, powder and loaded ammo. Never stocked up on mr pro 2000 because its always been around. I knew better
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: A few powders available - 02/18/22
the problem is getting them here. The hazmat charges are too high for just a few.

My offer stands to you if you can find a workable solution to get those primers up your way. Regards, Mike
Posted By: JoeMama Re: A few powders available - 02/18/22
Originally Posted by CashisKing

-Joe

Very smart work around... +1

Thank-you, sir.
Obviously, choosing loads with less shot allows you to ship more powder per shell. In fact, if a person were to choose a load with a single pellet of #9 shot, I would not be surprised if you could fit 125 grains of Power Pistol in a standard, 2-3/4", 12 gauge hull.
Posted By: doubleDs55 Re: A few powders available - 02/18/22
Midway had quite a few at the start of the week, a dozen er so of midrange burn rate powders.
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: A few powders available - 02/18/22
RC - My kid is at ISU. If you get over to Pokey, I can send a couple of trays up with him this weekend when he's home for you to pick up. Let me know.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: A few powders available - 02/18/22

Next time I go to Burley I can bring you some. Should be there within tge next 30 days. Or, If you make it towards Rigby let me know.

Bb
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: A few powders available - 02/18/22
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
RC - My kid is at ISU. If you get over to Pokey, I can send a couple of trays up with him this weekend when he's home for you to pick up. Let me know.
I never get over there. When we travel, it's always west. Thanks anyway, though.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: A few powders available - 02/18/22
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Next time I go to Burley I can bring you some. Should be there within tge next 30 days. Or, If you make it towards Rigby let me know.

Bb

I might take you up on that. Thanks.

Last night I checked Sportsmans Warehouse for primers. They had several types on their website but all said to order online and pick up in the store. I tried but they all then said to leave a message and they'll email when they have them in stock.
Natchez has some decent powders

https://www.natchezss.com/reloading/powder.html#[bleep]=202997&p=2
© 24hourcampfire