Home
Posted By: hookeye ER today - 02/20/22
Did my 10 day isolation from Covid, got the OK to go to work and just ran out of gas.

Went home. This last Thurs. Storm came so sinus attack and covid had me violently coughing/ gagging and puking for 4 solid hrs.

Hacked so hard a chunk of something broke free from esophagus. Been painful to swallow, heartburn at that location for ovwr a week.

Hives from head to toe.

Went to Med Express and they sent me to an ER.

Cheat X ray shows lungs clean.
Labs so blood OK.
Oxygen 93
Temp runs 98.6 to 99.6

Has for 2 weeks.

Bag of saline and sent home, said theres nothing they can do.

I have been ablw to drink 4 glasses of sprite today.

Flu my ass
Posted By: hookeye Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Tell ya right now. Another 4 hr episode like that other one and i wont make it.

Dunno how i managed to survive that one.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Schit!

Hang on man!
Posted By: LBP Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Damn hope you get feeling better soon
Originally Posted by hookeye

Maybe you are not a pussy?

I think thats why I survived the covid 3 fugging times.
Ive had appendix about burst and gall bladder attacks but that hack fest damn near killed me.

Now i just lay around awake, maybe sleep 2 or 3 hrs a day.
Itching from head to toe.

Med one called in scrips, pharmacy said they never got it.
Benadryl aint doing much.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Sorry to hear this. Get well soon.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Sounds pretty rough, good luck.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Damn bud, hope you turn the corner on this crap soon. Sure is confounding the way Covid affects everyone.
Posted By: 160user Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Hang in there. Maybe try a warm bath with Epsom salt to relieve the itching.
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Stay hydrated. When I had it I didn't eat anything for over two weeks.
Posted By: Bry Re: ER today - 02/20/22
That sucks, hope you rebound quickly. Sounds like the weather triggered the worst of it so fingers crossed no more storms move in until you’re feeling better.
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: ER today - 02/20/22
That sounds miserable. Remember that it can’t last forever hang in there and you will feel better soon
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Hang in there..... hope you get well, soon.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Maybe you are not a pussy?

I think thats why I survived the covid 3 fugging times.

Jim's right... you are not a pussy.

Dig those damn heels in... and decide not to die.

Good luck.
Posted By: okie Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Try Pepcid and Zyrtec for hives
Posted By: jaguartx Re: ER today - 02/20/22
How did the apple flavored Horse wormer taste?

I thought it strange but not bad. Not bad enough to prefer coughing for hours or dying.

What did you get that you were allergic to?

Do you have mouth sores, swollen lymph nodes in your neck?

Maybe Benedry (H 1 blocker) and Famotidine (H 2 blocker)
Posted By: akrange Re: ER today - 02/20/22
You’ve had a reaction obviously.. Cut the Sugar out your feeding it..
Gargle with Warm Salt Water ..
All the Best..
Posted By: blindshooter Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Good luck and prayers for a quick recovery.
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Sounds like a dose of steroids would help
Posted By: Nestucca Re: ER today - 02/20/22

Hang in there Hookeye when I went through the coughing fits in December I started getting better. I was about the two and a half week mark.
Posted By: skeen Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Hope you're feelin' better, man.
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by akrange
All the Best..

This^^^
Quit the sugar.
Posted By: rainshot Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Have you had a breathing test? You blood oxygen level is low and that could mean COPD. Prednisone might help but you'll have to see a doctor for it. Zinc, Vit. C, D3, Benadryl, hydroxy and ivermectin if you can get them. you have to get a handle on the coughing. It could lead to more serious things. Vascular problems like a brain bleed. I'm pulling for you. hang in there. Stay away from the ER if you can. They're for pissing on fires and it's a good place to get covid or anything else that's going around. our medical community has been politicized like education and the legal system. It's a damned shame but there are doctors just dumb enough to be happy to murder you.
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey

This was my thought. Did they give you a script for a steroid?

At least you don't have pnemonia. Hope you feel better soon.
Posted By: tylerw02 Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Please don't listen to rainshot. He's all over the board here.

After I had pneumonia from my second bout with COVID, I had a lingering cough for quite some time. Ultimately, a mederol dose-pack is what cleared mine up after literal months of coughing and shortness of breath. Hives, that is curious. Were you prescribed any beds prior? While it won't make you feel so great, benadryl may be useful for getting rid of the hives...and probably aide in some good rest.
Posted By: shootem Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Medicate. Ivermectin/hydroxychloriquin, zinc, D3, azithromycin (some advise doxycycline). I’ve seen it work. 8 so far in my family. Age +\- 50 to 83. 80 yo aunt died because she was hospitalized and was refused proper treatment. Was given remdesivir and told she needed to be ventilated. While she was able to talk and argue with the drs she was told a ventilator was needed. They killed her. Was in Georgia. Hospital protocol just couldn’t be violated.
Posted By: goalie Re: ER today - 02/20/22
The whole family got it here last week.

No issues, seems to be in the rear view. I hope nothing pops up after ten+ days.

Not having taste/smell is odd though.
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Bud, hang in there! My wife and I went through three bad weeks, like your doing now, and survived it. I did get depressed for about a week, and decided I’m going to sell all my excess rifles! Also during my sick time I had to caregive a 23 year old severe autistic son, I don’t know how I did it, but I did.

When you get better, check out what I’m selling!
Posted By: Middlefork_Miner Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
All the Best..

This^^^
Quit the sugar.

I wouldn’t jump right in to that line of thinking…. https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/09/glucose-inflammation/498965/
I’d eat what I was hungry for….
Posted By: gunchamp Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
All the Best..

This^^^
Quit the sugar.

I wouldn’t jump right in to that line of thinking…. https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/09/glucose-inflammation/498965/

Interesting read
Originally Posted by tylerw02
Please don't listen to rainshot. He's all over the board here.

After I had pneumonia from my second bout with COVID, I had a lingering cough for quite some time. Ultimately, a mederol dose-pack is what cleared mine up after literal months of coughing and shortness of breath. Hives, that is curious. Were you prescribed any beds prior? While it won't make you feel so great, benadryl may be useful for getting rid of the hives...and probably aide in some good rest.

If hes bleck, will your bud the Bidet send him some Regeneron?
Posted By: rte Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
All the Best..

This^^^
Quit the sugar.

You apparently misinterpreted that article from 2016.

No where did it recommend consuming cane sugar or high fructose corn syrup.

Hookeye will drink himself into the grave with his consumption of Sprite.
I always found 7 Up worked much better in setting an upset stomach anyway.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Did my 10 day isolation from Covid, got the OK to go to work and just ran out of gas.

Went home. This last Thurs. Storm came so sinus attack and covid had me violently coughing/ gagging and puking for 4 solid hrs.

Hacked so hard a chunk of something broke free from esophagus. Been painful to swallow, heartburn at that location for ovwr a week.

Hives from head to toe.

Went to Med Express and they sent me to an ER.

Cheat X ray shows lungs clean.
Labs so blood OK.
Oxygen 93
Temp runs 98.6 to 99.6

Has for 2 weeks.

Bag of saline and sent home, said theres nothing they can do.

I have been ablw to drink 4 glasses of sprite today.

Flu my ass

Vaccinated?
Originally Posted by shootem
Medicate. Ivermectin/hydroxychloriquin, zinc, D3, azithromycin (some advise doxycycline). I’ve seen it work. 8 so far in my family. Age +\- 50 to 83. 80 yo aunt died because she was hospitalized and was refused proper treatment. Was given remdesivir and told she needed to be ventilated. While she was able to talk and argue with the drs she was told a ventilator was needed. They killed her. Was in Georgia. Hospital protocol just couldn’t be violated.

Yes, they murdered your aunt.
Posted By: worriedman Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Hope you get to feeling better.

We just got over the second round of Chyna Flu, lucky here that we both have Type O+ blood, wife has been on anti-rejection drugs which lower immunity for 17 years, she took longer to get back up than I did but pulled out. I have not so much as run a fever either time, though I did have a nasty sinus thing going on for about three days and felt like someone threw a cup of gasoline in my throat and chased with a match.

I hope the ones responsible for this crap wind up in Hell with their back broke...
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

Normally the pukes give a worthless Rx for 10mg bid and it's not enough to provide a significant antiinflammatory response to viral pneumonia.
For someone 200 lbs a 50 mg dose in the AM 3-5 days when ones natural steroid levels are high would be enough to keep most people out of the hospital and off a vent.

The normal CDC protocol is geared toward getting people on the vent, on Remdisivir and on the vaunted Covid dead list.

The miserable deaths the protocol results in scares the crap out of Drs and Nurses who dont know there are effective treatments results in neglect and more deaths from dehydration, etc.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Curious about the itching/hives? Is that from covid? I've not heard of that symptom.
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Normally the pukes give a worthless Rx for 10mg bid and it's not enough to provide a significant antiinflammatory response to viral pneumonia.
For someone 200 lbs a 50 mg dose in the AM 3-5 days when ones natural steroid levels are high would be enough to keep most people out of the hospital and off a vent.

The normal CDC protocol is geared toward getting people on the vent, on Remdisivir and on the vaunted Covid dead list.

The miserable deaths the protocol results in scares the crap out of Drs and Nurses who dont know there are effective treatments results in neglect and more deaths from dehydration, etc.

All I know is that they wanted to send me home from the ER with double pnemonia. I asked the Doc to keep me for a few days to get me on track. I started Ivermectin a little late becuase I thought I had the flu (no loss of taste or smell). Anyway he kept me two days and sent me home with a script for a steriod, a Brio, and the coughing balls. It took a while but I'm much better now.
ER said sorry about your luck and sent me home, notjing they could do ( bag of saline due to dehydration ).

The med one referr3d me to the ER. That doctor prescribed prednizone for the rash and a z pack.

My rash has faded 90% after one prednizone dose.
Im so fuggin happy.

As for sprite or water or whatever, told it doesnt matter, up fluids or behydrate again.

Throat is still trashed from the event from a few days ago.
But i did get a small bowl of soup down.

Laying around I heard the sandhill.cranes flying by. Proly landed field just next door. First ones ive heard yhis yr.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Glad you are better.
That rash, all over......2 hrs sleep in 2 days
Wasnt fun.

Have had similar, 30 yrs ago. Bee sting.
Hives for over a month.

My dad had similar, 3 yrs, allergic reaction to anesthetic.

So i was and still am, scared.

4 percent of people having an allergic reaction, will have hives up to a yr. And 4 percentof those folks, will have them for life. From one allergic reaction.

My old GP 30 yrs ago called me into his back study when were were fighting this kinda chit, and he sat me down and said i might be fugged.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Good luck, hope you get well soon.
Posted By: wyoming260 Re: ER today - 02/20/22
With an infusion of anti viral at the beginning and a batch of predisone you would have been good in three days. My wife has all the ingredients for a covid death ( copd, asthma , poor immune sytem) and has not nearly the trouble with covid as most. do to the anti viral. It does effect people differently ,but keep hydrated and keep moving and get some steroids......
Posted By: JackRyan Re: ER today - 02/20/22

Do NOT sleep on your back. Sleep ONLY on your side or on your stomach is better. Just put a towel down on the pillow and don't worry about. That stuff fills your throat and starts getting in your lungs and you'll NEVER get it out. This is why your 02 is down a little most likely. Get a Pulse Oximeter if you aren't using one, any drug store.

Zyrtec and Famotidine is the combo you want for those hives. Famotidine/Pepcid. One of each, once a day. DON'T stop, it helps MORE every day.

You can get the horse apple Ivermectin at Walmart large animal supplies.

Big medical, doctors and such don't give a flip about you, probably half of them would prefer you just die quietly. NOT A ONE is going to risk their cushy job or retirement to help YOU against the wishes of their left wing corporate employers.

Posted By: JackRyan Re: ER today - 02/20/22

Been there, done that.
Dayom. Syphilis of the foot. That's as rare as Athletes Vagina.
That rash, all over......2 hrs sleep in 2 days
Wasnt fun.

Have had similar, 30 yrs ago. Bee sting.
Hives for over a month.

My dad had similar, 3 yrs, allergic reaction to anesthetic.

So i was and still am, scared.

4 percent of people having an allergic reaction, will have hives up to a yr. And 4 percentof those folks, will have them for life. From one allergic reaction.

My old GP 30 yrs ago called me into his back study when were were fighting this kinda chit, and he sat me down and said i might be fugged.

Dayom. Scarey. Good luck.
Posted By: WTM45 Re: ER today - 02/20/22
Up the water intake.
Get out and walk. Get the blood flowing. Get fresh air. No sugar. No bread.
Watch how fast you improve!

Kick ass my friend!
Originally Posted by jaguartx

All I know is that they wanted to send me home from the ER with double pnemonia. I asked the Doc to keep me for a few days to get me on track. I started Ivermectin a little late becuase I thought I had the flu (no loss of taste or smell). Anyway he kept me two days and sent me home with a script for a steriod, a Brio, and the coughing balls. It took a while but I'm much better now.

Good deal. I'd also do the Ivermectin for a cold or flu. There is reason big Pharma didnt want people using Hydroxychloroquine or Ivermectin. They didn't want folks finding out they are effective for those too. Also, Ivermectin is showing it blocks the stem cells of several types of cancer.

They damned sure dont want us knowing about that.
ER said sorry about your luck and sent me home, notjing they could do ( bag of saline due to dehydration ).

The med one referr3d me to the ER. That doctor prescribed prednizone for the rash and a z pack.

Im so fuggin happy.

As for sprite or water or whatever, told it doesnt matter, up fluids or behydrate again.

Laying around I heard the sandhill.cranes flying by. Proly landed field just next door. First ones ive heard yhis yr.

Glad you're feeling better. Steroids are amazing.
Posted By: KFWA Re: ER today - 02/20/22
I can related to the swallowing problem.

many years ago I was eating an apple, swallowed it wrong and it did something to my esophagus - put a gash in it I suspect.

I couldn't eat solid food for about a week , just a burning pain every time I swallowed. I did have some scar tissue on my esophagus before then and often had trouble swallowing.

Whatever that apple did fixed that problem after it healed. I never had trouble swallowing again
Originally Posted by JackRyan

Big medical, doctors and such don't give a flip about you, probably half of them would prefer you just die quietly. NOT A ONE is going to risk their cushy job or retirement to help YOU against the wishes of their left wing corporate employers.

BINGO!
Originally Posted by JackRyan
[quote=hookeye]

Not only a lie, but an evil thing to say. GFY.
The rash mostly faded, started coming back.

Took 2 nore benadryl and its about half what it was.
That 45 mins ago.

The ol lady making a pot of rotini w checken
Ima gonna destroy some.

I have a cough, due to iritation like mucus. Simple hack and am fine. Just get the crud out thing, not really a cough per se.

Lungs were fine so im not battling that stuff, which is where the risk is.

No headache.
No fever
No real cough

Just this fuggin rash.

My job is physical and can be dangerous, cannot work w anything making me drowsey.
If i didnt have the rash id go back to work.
Posted By: Texczech Re: ER today - 02/21/22

Im so fuggin happy.

Put some monkey blood or. blue star ointment on that ànd it'll quit itching.

All joking aside hope you get well soon.
© 24hourcampfire