Just saw it reported.
Who?
huh?
trees can scream?
Originally Posted by MarkWV
Who?

Old man Lanegan's boy. wink

L.W.
Damn, that sucks. The guy had talent and Screaming Trees had some good stuff.
Da fug is he talking about?
It’s a band for all of the aged who haven’t turned the radio on since the JFK assassination.

But you guys knew that all along didn’t you crafty fellas…
Originally Posted by TheKid
It’s a band for all of the aged who haven’t turned the radio on since the JFK assassination.

Screaming Trees was a grunge era band. Its fans are now in their late 40' to late 50's and weren't alive when Kennedy was forced to quit whoring around.
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Screaming Trees was a grunge era band. Its fans are now in their late 40' to late 50's and weren't alive when Kennedy was forced to quit whoring around.

Hence why a guy who hadn’t listened to any new music since 1963 would have never heard of them. But it’s good for fire street cred to have “never heard of him”.

I’m just doing my small part to carry the Slumlord torch in his absence.

aged??? why you whippersnapper. get over here and i'll bludgeon you with my 4 legged cane.

Hence why a guy who hadn’t listened to any new music since 1963 would have never heard of them. But it’s good for fire street cred to have “never heard of him”.

I’m just doing my small part to carry the Slumlord torch in his absence.

After your response and re-reading your post, I now understand where you're coming from.
Saw it while ago, 57 years old, rest in peace Mark.
Originally Posted by sandcritter

Yep, I remember that song well from back when I was about 14 years old and MTV was still popular.
Grunge.

The stuff you scrub off after a good days work.
It goes down the drain and joins the rest of the [bleep].
Lead singers from Seattle grunge bands have a tragic attrition rate. Wood, Cobain, Staley, Cornell, now Mark Lanegan. The only one left is Vedder.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Grunge.

The stuff you scrub off after a good days work.
It goes down the drain and joins the rest of the [bleep].

They wore jeans and flannel shirts, that's pretty cool, right?
[quote=TheKid]It’s a band for all of the aged who haven’t turned the radio on since the JFK assassination.

""""""I’m just doing my small part to carry the Slumlord torch in his absence""""" smile

Let me help, ''out there jump'in around making fools of themselves""", <that's a Slumlord classic. laugh
Originally Posted by PrimeBeef
Lead singers from Seattle grunge bands have a tragic attrition rate. Wood, Cobain, Staley, Cornell, now Mark Lanegan. The only one left is Vedder.

I was singing Nutshell to myself this morning.
Turns out he had just moved last year to Killarney, Ireland. Well at least he checked out from a pretty place.

He survived the drug years, I dunno that there’s any group of musicians that drank and drugged themselves to death more thoroughly than the Seattle Grunge crowd.

Wiki says he was hammered by Covid so bad he lost his hearing and could barely walk, could have had a connection to his death.
Never heard of them

Mark Arm, and the rest of the best band from that grunge mess imo Mudhoney are still around as well.
Originally Posted by Nollij

Mark Arm, and the rest of the best band from that grunge mess imo Mudhoney are still around as well.

Forgot about those guys.

Although STP wasn't really grunge, they usually got lumped in there, so you could put Scott Weiland on that list, too.

Forgot about those guys.

Although STP wasn't really grunge, they usually got lumped in there, so you could put Scott Weiland on that list, too.

STP/Weiland werent from seattle.
Dont forget he sang with Mad Season. So that makes 3 dead now from Mad Season.

I am proud and delighted to have never heard of him or them. Perhaps because I have not listened to anything so mistakenly called "music" in decades.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I am proud and delighted to have never heard of him or them. Perhaps because I have not listened to anything so mistakenly called "music" in decades.

Dont you have some linux to go play with?

David Grohl WTF ? still kickin', started out with Cobain
Originally Posted by killerv

Forgot about those guys.

STP/Weiland werent from seattle.

Right. Weiland was a peer, though, and another casualty.
I'd have much rather Andrew Wood stayed around instead of that sorry replacement of his.

True. I used to be a huge fan of Pearl Jam but Vedder can fall over tomorrow for all I care. Liberal Fugg

Wasn't there something about Cornell and the Dumocratic party all chummy (then he went and kilt himself)? He had a fantastic voice but again the liberals got to him.
Never heard of him or the group either. I turned off MTV and pop radio when grunge took over. Couldn’t stand that crap.
© 24hourcampfire