Home
Posted By: riverdog Anybody watching Red Dawn? - 02/25/22
Just curious.
Never a bad time to watch it again.
Posted By: efw Re: Anybody watching Red Dawn? - 02/25/22
Just watched it Monday. Great flick!
Watched it again a couple of weeks ago.

Don’t waste your time on the “newer version”. It sucks.

The original one is a great Movie !!!
Riverdog: I have watched this movie several times - including twice on the big screen when it first came out.
I thought it was/is a very good and entertaining movie with much food for thought.

Chilinstructor: I did not know there was a second "version"!
That is bordering on blasphemy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
The chair is against the wall

The chair is against the wall
Powers Booth had a great role as the downed Fighter Pilot.

Most of you probably know him as “Curly Bill”
from “Tombstone” fame.

Born and raised in Snyder, TX
He passed away on 2017

And of course. Patrick Swayze, grew up in Houston, had been gone since 2009

“WOLVERINES!!!”
Exactly WOLVERINES!!!!!
I wonder if any Ukrainian high school kids saw Russian soldiers approaching outside the classroom windows.
Posted By: logger Re: Anybody watching Red Dawn? - 02/25/22
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

from “Tombstone” fame.

He passed away on 2017

“WOLVERINES!!!”

I knew Powers Booth from the Oregon Shakespearean festival in Ashland, Oregon in the early 70s. I drove a van for the festival for part of one summer and would take the various performers to local events. He was a few years older and a nice guy.
He had a run in with Jack Bauer in "24" as I recall.

from “Tombstone” fame.

He passed away on 2017

“WOLVERINES!!!”

He also had a run in with Jack Bauer in "24" as I recall.
Ever notice how the Russians/Cubans/whatever say they’ll figure out who has guns by the background checks at the sporting goods store?
Sig line
No.
I watched Men In Black once.
Can't get any more American than picking off ruskies with a Colt SAA.

WOLVERINES!!
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Ever notice how the Russians/Cubans/whatever say they’ll figure out who has guns by the background checks at the sporting goods store?

Well of course ! They’ll enlist the help of the Waffen Jack Booted ATF Thugs, who have a record of everything you ever bought with a 4473.
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Can't get any more American than picking off ruskies with a Colt SAA.

WOLVERINES!!

IIRC, it was a Ruger Super BlackHawk that Patrick Swayze carried in the Movie.
Originally Posted by logger

from “Tombstone” fame.

He passed away on 2017

“WOLVERINES!!!”

I knew Powers Booth from the Oregon Shakespearean festival in Ashland, Oregon in the early 70s. I drove a van for the festival for part of one summer and would take the various performers to local events. He was a few years older and a nice guy.

Every one I know from his Hometown of Snyder said he was a heck of a nice guy.
Sold a lot of guns & ammo to their small Police Dept.
Posted By: Mike78 Re: Anybody watching Red Dawn? - 02/26/22
I didn't notice any 70 year old men doing the fighting, just the posting.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Anybody watching Red Dawn? - 02/26/22
The text at the beginning of the movie & the damn movie..................... becoming more real every day.

IMFDB, internet movie firearm data base says its a Colt SAA.
Originally Posted by gunzo
The text at the beginning of the movie & the damn movie..................... becoming more real every day.

Damnit Man!!! Now I’ll have to go watch it AGAIN. 🤠
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I watched Men In Black once.

But... But... But .... you don’t watch TV. 😜
Originally Posted by Mike78

But Mike, you don't list you're age, profession, location, or training so what does your post really mean ?

But Mike, you don't list you're age, profession, location, or training so what does your post really mean ?

It means I didn't see any 70 year old men fighting in the movie.
I’ve seen it before but not recently. It’s looking more like we will e living it in the near future.
Wolverines!!! GO BLUE!!!

Been saying it for years!

That said I’d love to shoot some commies and get some Jennifer Grey tail…not a bad way to spend a weekend
Originally Posted by Three30Eight
Wolverines!!! GO BLUE!!!

That said I’d love to shoot some commies and get some Jennifer Grey tail…not a bad way to spend a weekend

Pre or post nose job?

It was the Director's own piece. He was one of us btw. Word on the web is that Walter Sobchak from the Big Labowski was based on the Red Dawn's director - John Milius.
Originally Posted by Three30Eight
Wolverines!!! GO BLUE!!!

Pre or post nose job?

YES…but given my choice pre
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Anybody watching Red Dawn? - 02/26/22

Mike is Steelhead, The infamous Steelhead, 11th screenname,

He's almost 70, and he's posting,

So it actually all makes perfect sense, Kinda.
Posted By: K1500 Re: Anybody watching Red Dawn? - 02/26/22
It’s a Colt.
Originally Posted by Kenneth

That would be my first guess too.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Anybody watching Red Dawn? - 02/26/22
It's not a guess.

It was the Director's own piece. He was one of us btw. Word on the web is that Walter Sobchak from the Big Labowski was based on the Red Dawn's director - John Milius.

Cool. Walter Sobchak was my favorite Character in the Big Lebowski. Especially when he pulls the 1911 at the bowling alley and then kicks the schitt outta the “Nilists” Nazi’s in the bowling alley parking lot. 😂

So in other words, he's just being a chit starter POS? Just asking.
" ... It was the Director's own piece. He was one of us btw. Word on the web is that Walter Sobchak from the Big Labowski was based on the Red Dawn's director - John Milius.

When I lived in L.A. years ago, I used to shoot with John Milius at the Beverly Hills Gun Club. There was a small group of us screenwriters who would have dinner together and then go shoot together at the BHGC. Several of us who were experienced shooters kinda served as "range safety officers," helping those who knew nothing about handguns or shooting.

I and several of us would bring a variety of handguns from .22s to .44 Magnum. Milius in addition to other handguns, always had a S&W 29 .44 Mag. with a 4" bbl. That was for anyone who wanted to shoot a "Dirty Harry gun" although the original D.H. revolver had a 6½" bbl. Some of the participants had never even touched a real gun before. Those were eye opening moments. They were enjoyable evenings.

In 1983, an actor friend of mine and I went to Colorado on a booked elk hunt. Milius knew we were going and he had us take his custom .375 H&H Magnum with us and shoot an elk. He said he wanted to "keep it blooded." He'd used it in Africa. We did not kill an elk with it as the opportunity did not arise.

Milius was a very interesting person and a very creative writer. He's had a serious stroke but I do not know how he is getting along. I've been retired for a number of years. Hollywood needs writer/directors like John Milius.

FWIW.

L.W.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Anybody watching Red Dawn? - 02/26/22
As a child of the 80s I absolutely love that movie

It used to scare the hell out of me that it might happen when I was a kid
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
" ... It was the Director's own piece. He was one of us btw. Word on the web is that Walter Sobchak from the Big Labowski was based on the Red Dawn's director - John Milius.

When I lived in L.A. years ago, I used to shoot with John Milius at the Beverly Hills Gun Club. There was a small group of us screenwriters who would have dinner together and then go shoot together at the BHGC. Several of us who were experienced shooters kinda served as "range safety officers," helping those who knew nothing about handguns or shooting.

I and several of us would bring a variety of handguns from .22s to .44 Magnum. Milius in addition to other handguns, always had a S&W 29 .44 Mag. with a 4" bbl. That was for anyone who wanted to shoot a "Dirty Harry gun" although the original D.H. revolver had a 6½" bbl. Some of the participants had never even touched a real gun before. Those were eye opening moments. They were enjoyable evenings.

In 1983, an actor friend of mine and I went to Colorado on a booked elk hunt. Milius knew we were going and he had us take his custom .375 H&H Magnum with us and shoot an elk. He said he wanted to "keep it blooded." He'd used it in Africa. We did not kill an elk with it as the opportunity did not arise.

Milius was a very interesting person and a very creative writer. He's had a serious stroke but I do not know how he is getting along. I've been retired for a number of years. Hollywood needs writer/directors like John Milius.

FWIW.

L.W.

L.W. , again, thanks for the inside stories. Always appreciated. Mullis seems to be indeed, one of us. Gun magazines have reported this in the past, as you just did, for years.
Hate to hear of his deteriorating health.
Watched it last night. Haven't seen it in years. Crazy

Well of course ! They’ll enlist the help of the Waffen Jack Booted ATF Thugs, who have a record of everything you ever bought with a 4473.

Remember that Atf data base thread couple werks ago.

Zactly....

That’s what he does. Must suck being a miserable POS all the time.
Originally Posted by renegade50

Remember that Atf data base thread couple werks ago.

Zactly....

No doubt Rene.

FWIW.

L.W.

L.W. , again, thanks for the inside stories. Always appreciated. Mullis seems to be indeed, one of us. Gun magazines have reported this in the past, as you just did, for years.
Hate to hear of his deteriorating health.

I always enjoy and appreciate LW’s knowledgeable input. We are very fortunate to have him as a fellow Campfire Member.
Absolutely!
Watching it?

I lived it.

Oh wait ... it's not 2037 yet.

Nevermind.
Ummm….see my avitar.

FWIW.

L.W.

That's pretty freakin' cool L.W. Thanks. And I agree, we do need more guys like him (and yourself) in Hollywood.

FWIW.

L.W.

Was there a big leggy blonde there that may have been involved in the alphabet robberies?

That’s what he does. Must suck being a miserable POS all the time.

Make sure you run video when you go all Wolverine, right after your BP meds.
Make sure to smell Joe Bidens taint before you suck his cock Mike78.
#babybitch
Originally Posted by Raferman
Make sure to smell Joe Bidens taint before you suck his cock Mike78.
#babybitch

You are the guy giving masturbatory handjobs to old men that are dreaming of fighting the enemy, via Hollywood.
Gee look, Raferman's only friend.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Find any post that refers to Maser in favourable terms.
I'll wait.
© 24hourcampfire