Home
When? How?
Posted By: combo Re: Did Big Stick really die? - 02/06/07
You might be able to ask him yourself; I hear he's playing 'Vegas.
Originally Posted by combo
You might be able to ask him yourself; I hear he's playing 'Vegas.
That's good to hear. Someone has a thread going "RIP Stick." That's what got me to thinking he'd died. Was this a joke?
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Did Big Stick really die? - 02/06/07
I truely hope it's a joke.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Did Big Stick really die? - 02/06/07
As I understand it, he's been banned.. Bummer all around, from both sides of the issue..
No, its a tongue-in-check homage to one who is gone...in this case banned.
Wow, it's pretty rare when someone gets banned from Campfire, especially someone who's been a regular for so long. What the heck did he do to get banned? Permanent?
Committed 24hourcampfire suicide--unfortunate but these thing do happen. I would send flowers but he has much prettier things to look at where he is!! Sad but these things do happen in life.
Posted By: POP Re: Did Big Stick really die? - 02/06/07
what happened?
"He not really gone if you find a way to remember him"
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Did Big Stick really die? - 02/06/07
Search and you will find....it's not worth re-hashing on a another thread. Direct pressure to stop the bleeding is a good thing for this board IMO....
So did he post a bunch of tranny pr0n or what?
nope he posted a comment about the martial arts being "jip-jap chit"

One member spoke up to say he was offended by the term and asked him to refrain from using such terminology.

In Stick's normal schtick he went the other way with the request, other guys that he had stepped on in recent times couldn't resist getting their .02 in since they knew he was in trouble for violating the #1 rule of the PC world we inhabit, i.e. the "race card".

Rick Bin is running a biz here, has advertisers and people with families to think of, so he had to draw a line in the sand.

From what I hear, I guess it got crossed by Stick but I don't have the inclination to go back and look up when or where.

Everybody loses, cept for a couple of weenie types that are vindicated cause he's gone and we are left with them.

My hat's off to HG, Stick blistered her far worse than he did any of his recent internet combatants when she was posting pics, being girly and having guys fall over themselves to send her freebies.

She took it like a man, or maybe more appropriately like a standup woman. Either one a level far above what some of our members can find within themselves.

I don't know Stick that well, but I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts, he ain't offended by folks of another color, he's offended by sissy pos's that use their race as a defensive weapon. YMMV
+1...
He's gone and we're all going to miss him. The memorial service is Saturday, creekside.

It was a tragic misunderstanding between Stick and some fly fisherman (again). The fly guys took umbrage to Stick using bait and he was shot by those guys using a Savage .30-'06.

They got him 'tween the blinkers.......give or take.........
" My hat's off to HG, Stick blistered her far worse than he did any of his recent internet combatants when she was posting pics, being girly and having guys fall over themselves to send her freebies.

She took it like a man, or maybe more appropriately like a standup woman. Either one a level far above what some of our members can find within themselves."

I will second that part of your post.
Posted By: kutenay Re: Did Big Stick really die? - 02/06/07
I wholeheartedly agree with 1akhunter, Stick hassled me every so often, so what, we are supposed to be MEN, here, not crybabies who pose as "outdoorsmen". The actual personal attacks on the thread in question, concerning penis size, employment type, age, race and intellect as well as personal courage were NOT started by Stick, but, by the same guy who always does this type of thing.

Now, I might question the frequent use of terms such as "Jipjap", but, I see NO difference between this and sneering at people who do manual labour.....as is done by so many useless parasites in contemporary society. "Racism" is the cry of those who are the REAL bigots and the Stickster tried to point out truths like this, evidently to his departure by banning.

I am very sorry to see this as Stick added a real dimension to this forum and I believe in freedom of speech. However, it is not my decision and I respect the right of the board owner to do as he sees fit. I am less inclined to post here now as PC is, to me, a major part of why we are losing our freedoms, firearms and our countries...........sad.
What a bunch of crybabies.....
Posted By: SU35 Re: Did Big Stick really die? - 02/06/07
Right or wrong, it won't be the last time Stick is banned.
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

What's it take to know one? (grin)

BTW please tell me that's not a parting shot from the backpacking thread where not everyone agrees that the "best danged sleeping bag ever made" is manufactured by "he who must not be named"?

There was certainly some crying associated with that shindig.

Oh oh, I remember now, Stick weren't sold on your bud either, he did chime in. I see where you're coming from now.
Originally Posted by 1akhunter
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

What's it take to know one? (grin)

BTW please tell me that's not a parting shot from the backpacking thread where not everyone agrees that the "best danged sleeping bag ever made" is manufactured by "he who must not be named"?

There was certainly some crying associated with that shindig.

Oh oh, I remember now, Stick weren't sold on your bud either, he did chime in. I see where you're coming from now.

This has nothing to do with that thread, don't know where you got that idea. Maybe if you read this whole thread you might have a clue of what I was saying....but I doubt it.
Posted By: kutenay Re: Did Big Stick really die? - 02/06/07
Same old, same old, eh 1ak, SOME things don't change very much, do they?
Posted By: Alberta Re: Did Big Stick really die? - 02/06/07
Glad he is gone.

don't know AKmtnhuntr, I posted my take on Stick's demise from the board, kute posted that he was pretty much in agreement with it. You posted the crybaby remark right after kute's post.

I've read the whole thread, it started by someone asking "bout what happened to Stick" I posted what happened from my perspective.

Kute chimed in with his.

You posted crybabies.

Guess your contribution to this thread is obscurred to me.

You too deep a thinker for me I guess.

But somehow I get the feeling I'll get by.
Read into it however you want too, my post just happened to fall after kute's but hey, whatever...
No problemo, AkMtn, maybe it was just the timing of your post and where it fell.

I think in fairness though if you look at where it fell, your term would seem directed at either kute, myself or both.

If it was directed at others and I'm mistaken, I hope you can see how I would draw the conclusion I did.

Nothing more, nothing less.

But for what it's worth, I ain't crying over Stick getting banned, now if he lost his job or got throwed in the pokey I might feel bad for him.

I'm sure this ain't the first place he's been 86'ed from and my guess he's probably had a less gentle exit from some of the physical locations. (grin)
I can see how you would think that but it wasn't intended towards either of you, more towards a few others that can't seem to let some things go...
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Did Big Stick really die? - 02/07/07
There are more folks out there like Stick. If you are going to get into a verbal dispute with someone who is very confident in his thoughts and ways of doing business or pleasure, just be prepared to defend your position and don't come in with a thin skin.

I liked Stick when he was confident and willing to defend his position. I liked hearing about "Sister" and the "Jug Head". They are two very lucky children. Other times I liked him less when I felt he stepped over the line. I think we all know some of those times.

Now that he is gone it does not mean others won't be willing to defend their position from a stand of confidence probably backed up with experience,just like he did. Be prepared to defend your position with facts and logic and be willing to stand up to those who can do the same. I'm sure everyone thinks their logic is the best and they are asking, Why don't you see it my way? Not that a person can't learn something new from somebody else.

Leave out the name calling and running to Rick. People can agree to disagree and still be on a first name basis. There is no disgrace in that. I hope nobody thinks I'm sucking up to Stick. I've never shared a drink with him or broke bread at his table. I've never shot one of his Swirley's. I have no plans for it either. He's not on my Christmas card list.

My own thought is we will see him; or someone like him, again sometime in the future as scrappy as he ever was. If we do, be prepared to debate with him using facts and logic based on experience and confidence, I'm sure he will be. kwg
Posted By: Nessmuk Re: Did Big Stick really die? - 02/07/07
Stick is gone and Col. Cooper is dead. Guess we're stuck with a bunch of politically correct types with nothing interesting to say.
cooper could say more in one paragraph - without once resorting to profanity - than any 5,000 stickisms.
give or take ...
(dang, a stickism - and i wrote it ...)
Posted By: PPosey Re: Did Big Stick really die? - 02/07/07
Well that stinks, like a smelly old fish......
Fish280...Ha, you never did figure out how to interperate even the simplest of terms...
TFF !
Three days old.

So are these threads.
huh? confused
"interperate?"
technical term, i reckon ... smirk
Really funny how some disparage Stick and then try to sound like him,give or take...........
Posted By: combo Re: Did Big Stick really die? - 02/07/07
I took offense to one of Stick's tirades on a post and put him on ignore. About a week later I realized that I was reading his posts anyways.

Like him or not, Stick was THE straw that stirred the drink here. How much he may have helped or hurt the business that is the campfire might well be measurable on some kind of scale as time passes. For pure intertainment though, he was a gold mine.
Profanity is like spanish, an Amercan second language. Like it or not, live with it. I do prefer the use of $%&^# like they do in the Sunday comics though. Real swearing is for those times you draw your own blood or drop a really small part and don't see where it lands.
Hey
I am glad he is gone. I won't miss his banter at all, as far as the profanity goes, all it is, is a verbal expression of ones ignorance. Stick was the most ignorant.
Bearbeater
Big Stick was ok. He got a bit edgy at times, but them I think most of us have our moments.
What did him in, at least on this board, was just not knowing, or caring, when to let it go.
What I find even more irritating though, are the pontificators, the holier than thou types, that either can't handle a little good natured pounding, or feel that mommy and daddy should take care of every problem they run up against. Sad.
In the classroom sometimes a kid will leave ya no choice but to send him to the Prinicipal's office, even if you really don't want to send him out, even if ya like that kid, or even if he/she helps out after school or whatever.

You draw a line, the kid willfully crosses it, you have no choice.

A pity we ain't got in-school suspension around here, all it would take is for Stick's mom to come in for a conference and Stick could be back tomorrow.

Now actual fighting is another matter entirely.

Birdwatcher
I've met many well spoken, highly educated individuals who have proven them selves to be highly ignorant. Everyone is disliked by someone else. If you find someone who isn't call me, I'll dislike just for being so popular... or for not getting out enough.
So, are the word "redneck" and "hillbilly" banned, or are Appalachian Christians still open game?
Posted By: JOG Re: Did Big Stick really die? - 02/07/07
Birdwatcher,

You always have choices - some are just more expedient than others. The expedient choice isn't always the best one.
Originally Posted by bearbeater
Hey
I am glad he is gone. I won't miss his banter at all, as far as the profanity goes, all it is, is a verbal expression of ones ignorance. Stick was the most ignorant.
Bearbeater
Call Stick what ya want,opinionated,rude, arrogant...but ignorant he wasn't.Every thing he said was calculated and I'm guessing he knew exactly what he was doing this time also.
© 24hourcampfire