Home
Posted By: Redneck Gas staion thieves...... - 03/14/22
......now in many places targeting gas stations to steal fuels from underground tanks... Just two stories here:

https://news.yahoo.com/gas-station-manager-says-thieves-005404079.html

https://www.khou.com/article/news/c...285-e50a19b7-9530-4cce-94af-ab361b86eca5

I wonder how soon station owners will need to have actual security companies hired to watch over the tanks during closed hours? All due to Prez. Demento's anti-oil policies...

LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!!!!
Haha.

Hope they start back stealing gas outta car tanks….

The ones the slide under it and drill holes in the tank.

😂😂😂😂😂
Sounds like a third world country.
Posted By: hanco Re: Gas staion thieves...... - 03/14/22
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Haha.

Hope they start back stealing gas outta car tanks….

The ones the slide under it and drill holes in the tank.

😂😂😂😂😂

Wifey and coworkers had a company Van the parked at Lowes. Some MF did that twice to that van.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Team Biden is hard at work creating North Venezuela.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Our cities ARE 3d world. Check out the weekend body count in any of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylAzuYxJiDI

I saw this 2 minute video on the news last night, they are drilling holes in the bottom of the gas tank of cars. Looks like some dangerous stuff to me.
Posted By: Osky Re: Gas staion thieves...... - 03/14/22
Maybe just follow California’s lead and forget about any fuel theft or drive off under 1000.00.
There, now the crime problem goes away.

Osky
Posted By: Raeford Re: Gas staion thieves...... - 03/14/22
Originally Posted by Osky
Maybe just follow California’s lead and forget about any fuel theft or drive off under 1000.00.
There, now the crime problem goes away.

Osky

Let them have the 25gl and roll on aye?
As long as they are under the vehicle drilling holes in the gas tank, they might as well steal the catalytic converter also.
Posted By: Croaker Re: Gas staion thieves...... - 03/14/22
We'll know we've reached the appropriate 3rd world status when we have 300 people burned up as they try to scavenge gas from a tipped over tanker.

Just like the sunrise, it's coming.
Posted By: WildWest Re: Gas staion thieves...... - 03/14/22
Just the start of the war. Pretty soon, going to have to have an armed guard, in your vehicle to go to grocery store and fuel station.
These thieves are VERY FORTUNATE that the police have not been 100% defunded.

The only remaining safeguard they truly have...

Most thieves, politicians and .GOV and are far to stupid to realize that very thin line protecting them.

So be it.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Gas staion thieves...... - 03/14/22
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

I saw this 2 minute video on the news last night, they are drilling holes in the bottom of the gas tank of cars. Looks like some dangerous stuff to me.

Do believe that most modern 2004 and up gas tanks are made out of plastic with only a metal outer skin foot protection.
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Do believe that most modern 2004 and up gas tanks are made out of plastic with only a metal outer skin foot protection.

Excellent reminder to always carry matches or a cheap Zippo.
Posted By: Jerryv Re: Gas staion thieves...... - 03/14/22
Coworker has two daughters that have each had catalytic converters stolen. I think they should put a bounty on thieves! Maybe turn it into a sport

Jerry
Not many places to sell catalysts. If anyone wanted to catch them. It would not take Sherlock Holmes to do it. Hasbeen
Posted By: DMc Re: Gas staion thieves...... - 03/14/22
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Not many places to sell catalysts. If anyone wanted to catch them. It would not take Sherlock Holmes to do it. Hasbeen

Seriously? This I didn't know. Who buys them? I've always heard they were worth a pretty penny.
scrap recyclers around here.
Posted By: Teal Re: Gas staion thieves...... - 03/14/22
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

Seriously? This I didn't know. Who buys them? I've always heard they were worth a pretty penny.

Scrappers buy them due to the rare metals in them. Thefts have been on the rise in WI for a long time over it.
I knew some Brothers that made a good living running routes to get them from muffler shops, and junk yards. They cut them open and got whatever the valuable stuff inside is, and put that in 55 gallon drums and sold it. Sold the outside for scrap. That is all one of the Brothers did, but the other one bought and sold fur, and pecans. miles
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Gas staion thieves...... - 03/14/22
Around here the only place is a scrap yard. Deterent is you have to give DL, address and thumb print, to further deter them is the fact if it’s over 100.00 they don’t give cash, mail you a check which they delay for a week so if a bunch start getting stolen you can get a visit from popo.
Posted By: tkinak Re: Gas staion thieves...... - 03/15/22
A buddy of mine bought a van at a Vegas city auction. Inside it had a several hundred gallon tank and a hatch in the floor. You can guess what it was used for.
SORRY, calling Bravo Sierra on the initial report...360 gallons of diesel weighs 2500 lbs or there abouts, and takes up about 50 cubic feet of space...and with a "good" electric fuel pump...15GPM, would take 20 something minutes to pump...can't see that happening at a roadside gas station in broad daylight...van floor has to have a cut out...uses up space in the "heart" of the van...sorry didn't happen !!!
Posted By: Fullfan Re: Gas staion thieves...... - 03/15/22
That happened last time a democrat was on office. Here in Pa the bad guys would use a stock trailer. Pumped if from the under ground tank into holding tanks inside the trailer. Trailer has a hole cut in the bottom of the floor. Some kind of serious pups was used .Never caught them. They hit 4 stations in the county I worked in
A large convenience chain in this area went to completely pre pay as they were getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 1200 or so drive offs without pay per week.. Things are getting real around here with major crime moving into the area from the twin cities, madison, milwaukee, chicago. Only a matter of time when the strategically placed weapons here in the country will be put into action here on the farms.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Gas staion thieves...... - 03/15/22
Originally Posted by tophorsecop
SORRY, calling Bravo Sierra on the initial report...360 gallons of diesel weighs 2500 lbs or there abouts, and takes up about 50 cubic feet of space...and with a "good" electric fuel pump...15GPM, would take 20 something minutes to pump...can't see that happening at a roadside gas station in broad daylight...van floor has to have a cut out...uses up space in the "heart" of the van...sorry didn't happen !!!

They had the story on the local news this morning about it, it was caught on video. they hit it 3 different times so not a thousand gallons at once.
You are not to question the legitimacy of the news story. You'll take it and you'll love it. Now watch some more of us lie to you!
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Gas staion thieves...... - 03/15/22
Originally Posted by WildWest
Pretty soon, going to have to have an armed guard, in your vehicle to go to grocery store and fuel station.

I already have one.
Posted By: LazyL0228 Re: Gas staion thieves...... - 03/15/22
Carry everywhere I go post office, banks, all stores, never a question. But I do look like a police officer. Clean cut white guy.
Posted By: JPro Re: Gas staion thieves...... - 03/15/22
I've said it before, but I know a guy who decided to try an experiment with open carry. He dressed in khakis, a pressed white shirt, and a nice belt/holster combo with cowboy boots and open-carried a 1911 for a few weeks. He didn't carry in the courthouse or Gov't buildings of course, but he said he never got a sideways look for the few weeks he tried it. Clean cut guy, about 55yrs old. He's a CCW teacher and just wanted to see how local society perceived an armed man that looked like a professional of some sort.
Hey stx, you quoted me but apparently didn't read it before you quoted it...my calculations and calling BS are regarding 3 alleged thefts of 360 gallons, each time...a 330 gallon water plastic water tank in a cage measures roughly 40" X 48" X 54"...and when full of diesel weighs it more than a TON...not saying that with the interior stripped out it won't fit...but then you also need the through the floor access hatch...there will be the inherent spillage, etc etc....sorry just saying that the GAS STATION OWNER/MANAGER, er whatever he is, is lying by about a factor of TEN regarding the amount stolen to pad his insurance claim
© 24hourcampfire