Home
Just installed a low threshold fiberglass shower stall with built in seat. It has a pebble bumpy floor, too slick, and I am looking for a traction coat. Don't like the mat solution and the non-skid stick-on patches say on the package that they won't stick to the bumpy surface.

There are several paint and spray on non-slip surface coatings, such as SlipDoctor, Sparkle Tuff, etc. Any experience good or bad with any of these?
When I lived in Louisiana ( at some KOA style campground) the communal showers had epoxy put down and sand spread over the epoxy. Excellent shower floor surface.
Hey Pam!
I got another friend who needs you to lie on their shower floor so they don't fall down.
Thanks honey.
Roger is the man for that.
There’s a polyurea floor coating called Nohr-S, that comes in clear form, and has traction additive that can be added. The rep is very responsive on Garagejournal forum, or you can e-mail him. He can tell you if it’s a good use for the product (moisture exposure/etc).
cleaning a sanded coating is a real beoch/ You are better off with a good mat or tub friction tape.
charlee
I don't know if it will work on fiberglass/plastic but they make a clear coat for ceramic and porcelain that works fantastic. I don't remember the name but I'm sure you can Google find it.
I don't know if it will work on fiberglass/plastic but they make a clear coat for ceramic and porcelain that works fantastic. I don't remember the name but I'm sure you can Google find it. Just asked my wife, she thinks it was slip doctor. Used it on 3500 sq. Ft of porcelain tile in an aquatic center.
Second the epoxy/sand, but it's rough... basically permanent sandpaper.
Originally Posted by charleeontop
........... or tub friction tape. charlee
That's what I used - works very well..
We have a slick shower floor but we just got a 20x40 teak floor mat. It's far better than a plastic or rubber one. Stay away from bamboo. I'm told it gets really slick. Teak doesn't.
© 24hourcampfire