consume bourbon?

if I down a 750 a night is that bad?
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
I do and yes.
Posted By: LBP Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
Originally Posted by strikeu
consume bourbon?

I don’t drink much bourbon but no it’s not bad. Hell we don’t live forever enjoy yourself.
Posted By: shootem Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
Leever, leever?? Hwee don’t need no stinking leever!!!
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: How many of you - 04/07/22

It's bad because you're calling it a 750 instead of a fifth. You've been infected with some of that foreign milli-metric thinking.

Yeah, I realize it's 750 ml now which isn't exactly a fifth (it's close), but please be patriotic and call it a fifth anyway, it's the American thing to do.
Posted By: smokepole Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
This reminds me of a joke. The priest who married us said "whenever four Episcopalians get together there's always a fifth."
Posted By: navlav8r Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
Bourbon and rye too.
Posted By: Riverc Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
A fifth a night is getting a good buzz for a daily drinker, social drinkers would be falling down drunk if they did that. Most people will say you are a alcoholic.
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
consume bourbon?

You can't call yourself a seasoned drinker until you can down a 1.75L a night.

I hear the liver can rejuvenate itself though, so you have that going for you, unless it pickles first.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
Originally Posted by Riverc
A fifth a night is getting a good buzz for a daily drinker, social drinkers would be falling down drunk if they did that. Most people will say you are a alcoholic.

I'll consider myself a social drinker then
Posted By: prplbkrr Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
Has your "check liver" light come on yet?
Posted By: Valsdad Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
Is that before or after the beer?

Maybe with?

Sheesh.
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
Originally Posted by prplbkrr

Is that the same thing as an "Idiot Light"?
Posted By: P_Weed Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
I can take one shot of bourbon and still drive, but I can't drive after a second shot...

Because it's two whisky!
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
Usta like them Whiskey/Sours when i was a kid... These days I'L throw a tablespoon (or two) in a pecan pie once in a while just to kick it up a notch... And yea, It sounds like u got a drinking problem to fix...
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
I support the bourbon industry,

But I couldn't live like that......
Posted By: tylerw02 Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
I spent a few years of drinking a "750" as you call it, every day. I woke up one night vomiting blood with extreme abdominal pain. Your liver may heal itself if you stop, and I mean STOP, before its too late. Once your liver crosses the point of no return, you're going to struggle. Its going to swell, cover itself with fat, you'll look like Santa Clause, your breath will become rotten, and things your body could handle, like medications and some foods, you'll no longer be able to process. Your skin will constantly itch, and eventually you'll hit full failure, become jaundice, get confused, and die.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
Woodford Reserve, is my weapon of choice after the sun goes over the yardarm..
Posted By: stevelyn Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
Yes, but I've been moving over to rye in the last couple years.
Posted By: Raeford Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
I just attended the funeral of a good friend.
He was 54.

He went in for hip surgery about a year ago, they found cancer in his very brittle bones.

He drank brown water, lots of brown water [EW], nightly.

He broke a bone in his neck last month tossing a bag of trash into a dumpster.

Went in for a fusion.

But his liver was gone, body full of ammonia[?] so no go on fusion.
Sent him home, died within the week.

Not trying to be a downer but damn if I don't miss him.
Posted By: Raeford Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by prplbkrr

Is that the same thing as an "Idiot Light"?

"That" light is exclusive[to you].
Posted By: Azshooter Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
Had a friend that got into drinking a fifth a night for years. His liver failed. He quit but his liver continued to fail. It was a slow decay of his body. It was sad to see this robust strong guy become a haggard weak person while still in his early 50s. He had multiple hernias, problematic hemorrhoids and lose all his muscle mass. He lost muscle mass till his guts dropped out of his abdomen. It was a slow painful way to die. And all preventable, drink less.
Posted By: strikeu Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
Originally Posted by Azshooter
Had a friend that got into drinking a fifth a night for years. His liver failed. He quit but his liver continued to fail. It was a slow decay of his body. It was sad to see this robust strong guy become a haggard weak person while still in his early 50s. He had multiple hernias, problematic hemorrhoids and lose all his muscle mass. He lost muscle mass till his guts dropped out of his abdomen. It was a slow painful way to die. And all preventable, drink less.

it isn't an entire fifth (you're welcome), but its close...

it's about the only way I can relax and sleep actually.
Posted By: JPro Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
For me, personally, If I'm averaging 3 or more drinks an evening throughout a given week, I'm generally not feeling too sporty at the end of it. I've learned I'm better off just keeping a few beers at the house and leaving the occasional cocktail for the restaurants and such. Otherwise, it adds up on me too fast. A guy I know saw me buying a half pint at the gas station during hunting season and he laughed. I told him that the good thing about those little bottles is that when they're gone, they're gone.....
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
Originally Posted by Azshooter

it isn't an entire fifth (you're welcome), but its close...

That's because you're going through alcohol withdrawal every day.
Posted By: jnyork Re: How many of you - 04/07/22

Please see a doctor. Tomorrow. Please.
Posted By: hookeye Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
Got a fam member now into bourbon, so he claims.
This same guy the sissy beer or two max at a long cookout.

Poser.

I gave up bourbon 30 yrs ago.
Proly do a bloody mary or two Sat and a couple beers Sunday, dry the rest of the week.

Headache kicks in and be a dry weekend.

Cant do it like the old college days. Cut way back when I wasted days off work hung over. Rather be fishing or doing something than stuck on a couch.
Posted By: strikeu Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
Originally Posted by hookeye
Got a fam member now into bourbon, so he claims.
This same guy the sissy beer or two max at a long cookout.

Poser.

I gave up bourbon 30 yrs ago.
Proly do a bloody mary or two Sat and a couple beers Sunday, dry the rest of the week.

Headache kicks in and be a dry weekend.

Cant do it like the old college days. Cut way back when I wasted days off work hung over. Rather be fishing or doing something than stuck on a couch.

I'm never hungover, and there are actually some nights when I don't drink at all, based on what's going on. granted those nights are few, maybe one or two a month but it's not like I can't give it up. I don't sleep well when that happens. as a matter of fact I don't drink anything until about 6 or 7 pm, never day drink or drink before the day is pretty much finished. messes up the day, lol.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: How many of you - 04/07/22

don't drink that

heard that schidtt from Costco is good stuff

For half the price
Posted By: hookeye Re: How many of you - 04/07/22
My old neighbor bought whisky by the jug. Cut it w Pepsi.
He handled it pretty well, only night drank.
But he was a big boy, proly 350.

Saw him yrs later after we.moved.

Proly 175 lbs. Said he died twice.
End of the booze.
Half what he was.....dunno what other ailments he had or if booze related.
Posted By: dale06 Re: How many of you - 04/08/22
I’m a one drink most nights and some nights none. Bourbon, gin, rum, they all work, but ones the limit, except maybe once every couple months I’ll be out with friends and have 2-3 drinks. But I’m averaging less than one a day.
Posted By: strikeu Re: How many of you - 04/08/22
Originally Posted by dale06
I’m a one drink most nights and some nights none. Bourbon, gin, rum, they all work, but ones the limit, except maybe once every couple months I’ll be out with friends and have 2-3 drinks. But I’m averaging less than one a day.

I'm one drink a night. It just happens to be in a Big Gulp from 7-11
© 24hourcampfire