Home
Seating a new judge before there is an actual vacancy. Could Biden get a slew of judges appointed to sit on the sidelines until the bad ones are “removed” (ie. rubbed out?)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bad-pr...hy&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink
It seems they are worried about November.
LOL, now Justice Breyer will decide not to retire and BOOM, they have successfully packed the court.
Pathetic in all regards.

Why is the DNC not being tried for insurrection?
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Seating a new judge before there is an actual vacancy. Could Biden get a slew of judges appointed to sit on the sidelines until the bad ones are “removed” (ie. rubbed out?)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bad-pr...hy&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

Great point.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Pathetic in all regards.

Why is the DNC not being tried for insurrection?

Rhetorical, right.
Rules are for suckers, according to the Democrats.
I thought the same as the rest of you. Is this a way to pack the court? What if Breyer doesn't retire? Are they trying to get rid of Justice Thomas? His wife Jenny said the other day she thinks the election was stolen. The politicos are horrified. Are they going to have a slate of affirmative action hires already approved so a conservative President can't appoint constitutionalst judges?
The House and Senate change change the number of Supreme Court Justices by passing legislation. Then signed into law by the POTUS.

Hasn't been done in over 150 years though.

Just because Jumanji has been confirmed, it doesn't mean she's a sitting SC Justice yet.

If you see democrats moving towards that, you may want to get excited. But she ain't a SC Justice yet.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The House and Senate change change the number of Supreme Court Justices by passing legislation. Then signed into law by the POTUS.

Just because Jumanji has been confirmed, it doesn't mean she's a sitting SC Justice yet.

If you see democrats moving towards that, you may want to get excited. But she ain't a SC Justice yet.

If Breyer decides to hold on a bit - past the original date or mid-terms, I think we'll see what he thinks of her "qualifications"
Only congress can change the number of justices. It's been 9 since 1869. It can't be changed by EO or any other of their games. The problem is, who will stop them?
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Only congress can change the number of justices. It's been 9 since 1869. It can't be changed by EO or any other of their games. The problem is, who will stop them?

Unfortunately we are counting on two Democrats to hold the line on the filibuster. Maybe Arizona, Georgia and Montana will wake up. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by Teal

If Breyer decides to hold on a bit - past the original date or mid-terms, I think we'll see what he thinks of her "qualifications"

Breyer knew what he was doing before he announced retirement.

All part of the plan. They had to get a new justice confirmed before the midterms.
Originally Posted by 45_100
I thought the same as the rest of you. Is this a way to pack the court? What if Breyer doesn't retire? Are they trying to get rid of Justice Thomas? His wife Jenny said the other day she thinks the election was stolen. The politicos are horrified. Are they going to have a slate of affirmative action hires already approved so a conservative President can't appoint constitutionalst judges?

The president nominates and appoints. The Senate only affirms (consents). If someone isn't actually seated on the court when a Republican takes office as president, therefore, the process has ended for that nominee. It's now within the power of the new president to nominate and appoint justices to fill vacancies, with the consent (affirmation) of the Senate.
Clarence Thomas is a walking heart attack.
Originally Posted by reivertom
Rules are for suckers, according to the Democrats.

And McConnell.
I,I,I say thar .. We have US a Bi Partisan Agreement in this har Senate..
It like Donkey Trading .. It’s Give and they Take..
You see we have Rules..
Originally Posted by Teal

Breyer knew what he was doing before he announced retirement.

All part of the plan. They had to get a new justice confirmed before the midterms.

This was going to happen, period. Whether any citizens wanted it or not.
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Hell, the court has been setting bad precedent for over a hundred years.
© 24hourcampfire