Home
USS The Sullivans has evidently sprung a leak somewhere and has developed a helluva list.

Don’t know too much about this myself. Just found it surfing YouTube.
7mm
video was taken down
The fighting Sullivans haven't seen that movie in a long time.
You can view the video on youtube, not taken down.
Not down, but available on YouTube only.
I left it as a link.
7mm
What a waste. The steel those ships were made from is better than you can get now.
Originally Posted by rainshot
What a waste. The steel those ships were made from is better than you can get now.

Ya what a waste. The ship I was on while in the Navy was commisioned in 1980 (a Destroyer), it's at the bottom of the ocean. Used for target practice and sunk. Fuggin Gov't
All it would take to fix it is a Damage Control Team from
a commissioned ship in the real US Navy and a day or two
of work. The video said that the epoxy failed because it was
too cold? WTF? Haven't those idiots heard of welders?
What an embarrassment...
How ya been BrotherBart, been awhile.
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
How ya been BrotherBart, been awhile.

I'm doing well... Thanks
Well damn, look what the cat drug in 😎
Our sailors can't keep a ship afloat but they're all current on diversity and gender identity training.
I've never tried to tow a ship but I'm guessing that it would be a lot easier to tow to deep water now than it would be after it sank in it's birth.
Originally Posted by Geno67
Our sailors can't keep a ship afloat but they're all current on diversity and gender identity training.
It's a museum ship docked at Buffalo. It hasn't been a commissioned ship for several decades. I follow a youtuber who is the curator for the USS New Jersey museum. He says that the ship has been in bad shape for years and they just ran out of time and money. They also have the USS Little Rock cruiser, a sub and many onshore displays. It seems like they may have spread themselves a little thin.
with the government throwing money away on all sorts of schitt, why don't they spend a little money on American Historical Figures...

they money they spent tearing down Civil War Statues to make the Spades and Liberals happy in the South and changing names of Military Bases named for Southern Confederate Military Officers, you'd think they could find the money to preserve ships like this for our history?

like think of the money Biden is sending Venezuela, Iran et al... to sell us oil at high prices, so we don't have to use our own oil....

anyone see any problems with priorities of DemocRats? who cheated and voted themselves into office, when they actually lost that election ( and Lord knows how many more? Oregon for example?)...

refloat and repair the Sullivans and then deduct the expense of it, from the Welfare money they hand out in the local Buffalo area if the feds are that picky....

Hell in the 50s and 60s, you saw the US Military spend money on helping making a movie about them all the time...

We truly do live in a Nation of Idiots.... so much for memorials to those that fought and sacrificed their lives during WW2, to give all the leftists the freedoms they so readily abuse every minute of the day to promote their own social agenda....

Hell the Navy could even use something like this as an exercise for training personnel as they still have to do things like this in their every day military jobs...

the democRats probably won't let them spend the money....on such 'frivolous' stuff...
They need Phil Swift and some Flex Seal!

Jerry
Gonna need more than that garden hose to remove water.
© 24hourcampfire