Home
$2,326 an acre.

I-81 and I-77 crossroads.

Wytheville, VA is a pretty dang remote location in far western Virginia, but 144 acres is a nice spread.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Nothing in it for me... just a Realtor that drops me rural land once in a while.
Heck that's pretty reasonable in today's environment!!
No water?
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
Heck that's pretty reasonable in today's environment!!

WAY WEST in Virginia, but yes the price is kinda fair... that's why I posted... good folks on this site and all.
Wythe County is a very nice area of the state. I hope it stays that way.
That's a nice piece of land for a reasonable price[per acre] for this area.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
No water?

Links from this Realtor are hit and miss on posting ability... https://next.navicamls.net/287/ListingDisplay/?eListingId=793106&eListingKey=AdeLd

Pics in the link show a stream...

Edit... Link worked... Additional pics in top left corner...
This your land, Cash?
I used to drive down 77 to get to G’boro from MI. Always thought that western VA looked like a nice area. Good deal for someone by today’s standards.
Someone from up north will buy for a getaway.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
This your land, Cash?

No Sir... about 3-4 hours west of me.
Originally Posted by Raeford

The money coming to the southeast form up north is astounding. It has our economy pegged wide open. Most local folks can’t afford to by land around home anymore. Real estate prices are through the roof and keep on climbing.
From looking at pics it's been select cut a time or two.
Most likely has multiple springs.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

The money coming to the southeast form up north is astounding. It has our economy pegged wide open. Most local folks can’t afford to by land around home anymore. Real estate prices are through the roof and keep on climbing.

Same here.

That area[for sale] is full of 'summer getaways' most with houses that our primary residence would fit inside of.
What would property taxes run for that mountainside?

Probably $2K or so annual[without a structure on it].
I can't locate on the county GIS, must be multiple lots.
That's honestly not a bad price at all! Ive got some around here that the appraisals are unreal on. I HOPE I could sell them for what the appraisals are! Actually, no, I aint got anything for sale. Money would be gone in less than a year and they quit making land a long time ago.
Crazy here too. 56 acres down the road from me, high fenced with a stock tank and small barndominium. $600K
Pretty place in a pretty area, at a very reasonable price.

I’d just hate to move to a blue state (yes, I know 90% of the state is red and is held hostage like so many other places).
Land around here is bringing 30-40k an acre, and we aren’t near anything! I cannot believe that is sustainable.

At that sale price that's really close.

Wythe county is valuing the tract at $234,000.00 and I think the tax rate there is .54 per hundred.

It's pacel # 26-17

David Allen Crockett out of Raleigh, NC Is the current owner.

That 700ft of elevation difference from top to bottom is reflected in that sale price.

That Tennessee home/land recently posted here @ 1.3M had 200 feet of elevation difference within 280 acres, lot's more usable land with a lake and a large home to boot.

Ya get what you're willing to pay for.

[Linked Image]

That's a nice area of Virginia. I've read some stray elk here and there are wandering into that county.
Wow that is dirt cheap!
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Ditto here in south FL, Sir.
Originally Posted by JeffA

At that sale price that's really close.

Wythe county is valuing the tract at $234,000.00 and I think the tax rate there is .54 per hundred.

It's pacel # 26-17

David Allen Crockett out of Raleigh, NC Is the current owner.

That 700ft of elevation difference from top to bottom is reflected in that sale price.

That Tennessee home/land recently posted here @ 1.3M had 200 feet of elevation difference within 280 acres, lot's more usable land with a lake and a large home to boot.

Ya get what you're willing to pay for.

[Linked Image]

Good point but location is everything.
My wifes original family ancestor settled in Wyeth after the revolution. This article claims he deserted, other family historians say he was a turncoat and was given land as a pension after the war. It also mentions Confederate war service but supposedly some Hillenburgs moved to Indiana and served in the Union Army. My wife has heard that the original home and property is still intact.
http://hillenburg.blogspot.com/2008/03/johann-daniel-hilgenberg-hessian.html
I used to hunt in Bland Co. just north of Wytheville — still know some bear hunters in Rural Retreat—-beautiful country.

$2K or so annual, amazing, considerably less than what I pay in property taxes on my humble abode here in Texas, and a great price for a beautiful property.

I’ve driven I 81 many times over the years, always admired East Tennessee/far western Virginia. I’ve seen so many places go under this past 40+ years, in a perfect world a young local couple buys that place, builds with a light footprint, raises a family and makes a go of it. Wishful thinking I know.
Posted By: EdM Re: $335k on 144 acres in Virginia - 04/20/22
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

$2K or so annual, amazing, considerably less than what I pay in property taxes on my humble abode here in Texas, and a great price for a beautiful property.

I’ve driven I 81 many times over the years, always admired East Tennessee/far western Virginia. I’ve seen so many places go under this past 40+ years, in a perfect world a young local couple buys that place, builds with a light footprint, raises a family and makes a go of it. Wishful thinking I know.

And has/have a job locally to pay the bills.
That’s about 20 minutes from my house. Nice neighborhood and lots of deer along in there. Very steep and rough piece of ground on some of that, truth be told part of it is a bluff. Lot of interstate noise as well being that close to I77. You can see the nastiest part of it from the interstate.
© 24hourcampfire