Home
NW Iowa weather was hard to beat, some more disking done today.
We had some.
South Texas.....nice rain and a nice day...thanks
Tornado near one of the job sites. Rained sideways, hailed, blew materials around the site. Rare in our AO.
35°f high today, in se WI. My turkey tag is valid starting tomorrow, birds been late this year, seen no displaying strutting toms. sux
Nice here. Cooler than normal Corn planters are rolling.
Didn't notice either.
Temps struggled to get into the low 50's today. Mostly cloudy and calling for mid 30's overnight. Predicted high of 40 tomorrow with 31 tomorrow night. Below average for this time of year on the south side of Lake Ontario but not unusual. Still sucks, though.
It was partly cloudy, cool and breezy low humidity I took it easy today grilled some chicken breast, legs and sausage early evening.
It almost hit 70 this morning then the clouds and the wind came. Overall, a pleasant day.
70*, sunny, perfect for using my weed-eater and digging up the turf for my raised-bed garden.
Sunny at dawn so went out to call a lion. Snowing after an hour on my first stand. Got a glimpse of a cougar as I drove an old spur road out to the main logging road. Heavy hail by the time I got down to the highway at sea level, which turned to rain. Grilled fresh salt water bass on an open fire on the patio for supper, with son and grandkids who had dived to get the fish. Good day.
63* , sunny, low too no wind, very nice !!!
Too busy with home and work to be bear hunting makes me kinda grumpy. Oh well, we all make choices.
A low of 32 this morning. This afternoon I saw snow flurries. I just went to put more wood in the outdoor wood boiler . It is colder, but calm and clear skies. and about 32 .
Cloudy to sunny this afternoon, cool, heat soon, can’t wait
Informal job interview that went pretty well. We will see what happens I guess.
cut firewood in the rain for three hours. supposed to be a 4 hr window.. wrong.

pulled into splitting area at home, drenched and dripping, but warm from the work.

and then the sun came out...
Never got above freezing today—spitting snow all day but didn’t accumulate much. I could still run a snowmobile across Lake Nipigon if I was so inclined.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
NW Iowa weather was hard to beat, some more disking done today.
NOBODY's getting in the fields here yet.... Still frost in places, and water standing everywhere. Yesterday was the first, mostly sunny, day we've had in a month.. The farm has four tractors with diggers, finishers, chisel plows etc all hooked up, fueled and ready to go.. Just need some SUN and WARM TEMPS!! But none of that's in the news for the next 7-10 days...

They might have to change corn seeds to shorter maturity (again) due to late planting probability... Effing weather... Grrrrrrrr.
Not much has been planted here due to wet weather. Sun the last couple of days, so I expect things to be rolling today. Not at my place, still too wet, but on the prairie south of me, the soil is different and dries quicker. miles
Gonna be a nice day, something I was worried about went away.
Going from the upper 30's and low 40's at night with ~ 10 mph winds -
to low 70's in the day with 20+ mph winds.
Expected to be that way for at least the next 10 days.

Making it hard on the firefighters in our rough terrain.
Hopefully they can continue air operations.
And stay safe.

`
Coldest spring ever recorded at Seattle / Tacoma airport.

Planting a garden in Seattle is waiting for soil temp to get high enough to germinate seeds.
82 here yesterday only gonna be mid 70s today.
Yesterday was our first 100 degree day. Looks like it might be a long hot summer.
Paul B.
It was 80 Sunday, today 34 with 4 inches of snow. WNY weather. The lakes are still cold.
Pleasant- came back from the rec cabin last night. Night before was the first night in several that it dropped below freezing, making for a walkable along the snow machine trail- or for the dogs, off-trail just after daylight. Hit 50 later on. Won't be snow-machine anymore this year!

Signs of a Usual Suspect (they don't like post-holing either!)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The Domestic Terrorists, "I tot I taw ptarmigan!" Just before they chased them for a quarter mile.

The view was OK, too.

Wabigoon: Was three hours into another day on Varmint Safari this morning when a Rocky Mountain "Squall" hit us with winds to 40 MPH, temperature dropped 15 degrees and after an hour the rain began falling sideways!
My out of state guest and I then decided to retreat and head for the VarmintCasa and hot tomato soup and ham sandwiches - great day anyway - saw four Moose in one willow patch and lots of other wildlife and mountain vistas.
Snow predicted here tonight and tomorrow.
We need the moisture.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
© 24hourcampfire