Home
Posted By: Mach3 GunBroker sucks - 05/02/22
Shipped some ammo last week and the buyer paid for shipping, which I obviously paid at the counter when I actually shipped it.

New GB statement is charging me $21.41 for "shipping" on that same item number.

FRAUDS who love to steal your money
Posted By: hanco Re: GunBroker sucks - 05/02/22
Azzholes
Posted By: 160user Re: GunBroker sucks - 05/02/22
I have never sold on there and have no plans of starting.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: GunBroker sucks - 05/02/22
The sales tax is what’s ridiculous. Person to person should not be taxed. I can understand a little being taxed by a business selling on GB.
More government money to be wasted. Hasbeen
Posted By: WMR Re: GunBroker sucks - 05/02/22
This seems odd. GB has never had anything to do with shipping charges in the dozens of transactions I've done. They create an invoice which shows shipping charges but have not ever collected any of this. They charge the seller an initial listing fee, then a final value fee to include their commission, sales tax and the 1% buyer's fee. The seller collects from the buyer. Is this a new thing?
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: GunBroker sucks - 05/02/22
By the time you pay the recent fees, it isn't worth selling a rifle on GB unless you got it for free.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: GunBroker sucks - 05/02/22
I wouldn't trust that they are even paying the state tax fees along with many online outfits.

They all got a angle or a scam or new scam nowadays it seems like.
Posted By: dale06 Re: GunBroker sucks - 05/02/22
The buyers fee is pretty new, isn’t it?
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: GunBroker sucks - 05/02/22
Sold an HK USP Compact on there last week for over $1800.

I'm happy.
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: GunBroker sucks - 05/02/22
What is the best place to buy and sell online? I've got a number of guns I want to sell. I've used GB a few times, but only as a buyer and it has been years.
Posted By: EdM Re: GunBroker sucks - 05/02/22
I use Guns International.
Posted By: plumbum Re: GunBroker sucks - 05/02/22
Originally Posted by Mach3
Shipped some ammo last week and the buyer paid for shipping, which I obviously paid at the counter when I actually shipped it.

New GB statement is charging me $21.41 for "shipping" on that same item number.

FRAUDS who love to steal your money

Yes they charge you but never respond to inquiries.

GB is crap. Screw them. Their customer service practice is to auto-respond with something useless, and ignore.
Posted By: hanco Re: GunBroker sucks - 05/02/22
They need that money to take care of the freeloaders
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: GunBroker sucks - 05/02/22
Mach3: I have NEVER partook of the untrustworthy entity now known as "gunbreaker - and never will!
I have bought and sold more guns than 99% of ALL Americans and learned from my friends and gun trading cronies, long ago, to avoid "gunbreaker" at all costs - for so many and varied reasons.
I still hear "horror stories" from so many people regarding gunbreaker scams, misrepresentations, outright theft and deviousness of all kinds.
Buy your guns, ammo, optics and accoutrements, in person, whenever possible.
Having said those things I have purchased MANY firearms, knives, reloading gear and optics from members here on the CampFires want ads - always happy with those results.
It is indeed obvious "gunbreaker sucks"!
Sadly.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: GunBroker sucks - 05/02/22
Originally Posted by EdM

Thanks for the tip.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: GunBroker sucks - 05/02/22

I used GB on an estate sale a few yrs ago.......

I'll use Rick Bin's 24 HR Campfire any more
Posted By: AKCHOPPER Re: GunBroker sucks - 05/03/22
Originally Posted by renegade50
I wouldn't trust that they are even paying the state tax fees along with many online outfits.

They all got a angle or a scam or new scam nowadays it seems like.

Of course they're not.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: GunBroker sucks - 05/03/22
Originally Posted by EdM

Only site I buy from anymore.
Our LGS lists their inventory on there too so very convenient instead of driving by and checking what they got every week.

The scores you’ve made in the last year with the CZ, HK rifles and that Mark XXII, I’d love to have access to your LGS!
© 24hourcampfire