Home
has anyone here been approved for a suppressor with the new e forms system in the promised 90 days? I have heard of some people, I am at 91 days today. interested to hear others experiences.
I'm still waiting. Silencer Central posted someone approved under 30 days. I figure they must have known someone on the inside. Mine was submitted the first week of go live.
Posted By: Zrack656 Re: ATF E forms, aint 90 days - 05/04/22
I work in a gun shop and see them come back within ninety days pretty routinely.
Posted By: CaptArab Re: ATF E forms, aint 90 days - 05/04/22
I'm at 95 on a couple and not holding my breath.
I saw a magazine article that claimed atf was denying many of the suppressor applications for the 80% kit built type if I'm recalling this correctly.
Posted By: 700LH Re: ATF E forms, aint 90 days - 05/04/22
Approval; should be instant the same as buying a firearm
Originally Posted by 700LH

Further, there should not be a NICS at all. That was created to appease Bakers wife. Sham.
Originally Posted by 700LH

Ain't that the truth
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
I saw a magazine article that claimed atf was denying many of the suppressor applications for the 80% kit built type if I'm recalling this correctly.

Yeah...no, I don't do the 80% lowers and I'm not filling out anymore paperwork for a suppressor.
I'm still waiting on one from last August and one from February. One the old way and one the new way ... both done through Silencer Shop kiosks.

The one from last August should be released any day now I hope. Q Thunder Chicken. Heck I might have both of them released around the same time if I am lucky. The latest is an Obsidian45 made locally.

I was told I should expect the Obsidian before the Thunder Chicken but who knows.
I am over a year on a paper one…
As of today, it has been one year since check was cashed. This sucks!
I got the GTG on an individual paper application last month one week short of a year since the check was cashed. I have an SBR that I’m still waiting on that is right at 11 months.
Posted By: killerv Re: ATF E forms, aint 90 days - 05/04/22
They are supposed to be transferring the older ones over, got to put them in pdf form or something like that.

I've been hearing of some approved in under a week, and one gunshop guy said they had one come back within 30 minutes, the guy who purchased it was still in the store. Seen several in the 70 day range. My check was cashed back in Jan so hopefully soon. I did the buy one get one promotion from silencerco, silencerco still hasnt sent the 2nd suppressor.
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
has anyone here been approved for a suppressor with the new e forms system in the promised 90 days? I have heard of some people, I am at 91 days today. interested to hear others experiences.

perhaps we shouldnt believe what the government tells us?
Posted By: pdman Re: ATF E forms, aint 90 days - 05/04/22
Hey All...93 days for me so far...no probs thru the SS Kiosk here in Austin, TX....
Surely this is an infringement on the 2a....
Posted By: Heeler Re: ATF E forms, aint 90 days - 05/04/22
It's not a 'promised' 90 days, but 'expected'.

TooDogs - yes ATF has started doing mass denial of ALL Form 1s - more legislating by the ATF.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: ATF E forms, aint 90 days - 05/04/22
Almost a year now on my check cashed 5/15/2021.
I hear this, about approval in 70 days, now 30 minutes, WTF, look I get it, its not 90 days. I just wish they would not tell people its 90 days. if you're in the old system yeah its probably a year. The efile system that started in december was sold as being 90 day approval. in my case its not.
Posted By: killerv Re: ATF E forms, aint 90 days - 05/04/22
I hear this, about approval in 70 days, now 30 minutes, WTF, look I get it, its not 90 days. I just wish they would not tell people its 90 days. if you're in the old system yeah its probably a year. The efile system that started in december was sold as being 90 day approval. in my case its not.

I did one right before xmas and it wasnt part of the new system. I am told it is getting moved to the new system and my lgs said I should expect something any day now. They are seeing alot of those Decembers starting to get approved. Fingers crossed.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: ATF E forms, aint 90 days - 05/04/22
LGS told me that they've seen several eForm 4 approvals in 70-80 days for individuals; 100-120 days for those done on a trust. Of course YMMV.

I have a couple in the eForms queue, but not fretting it. Can't do anything to speed them along, so why get all worked up. As long as I see them before 1 Oct, I'll be satisfied.

I agree that a Form 4 (or eForm 4) is pure and utter BS. But they are a 'cash cow' for the feds; not to mention the epitome of government inefficiency.

When I was stationed in the U.K. I simply went into the local hardware store or gun shop and bought a 'muffler', as the blokes call them, over the counter. No questions asked. Should be the way it's done here. No different than buying a scope or magazine.
Posted By: JPro Re: ATF E forms, aint 90 days - 05/04/22
A buddy just got the call on a Form 4 can this week. 1 year, start to finish.
Posted By: CMB76 Re: ATF E forms, aint 90 days - 05/04/22
BADGES? WE DONT NEED NO STINKN BADGES!
I have all of you beat. Submitted a Form 1 on a pistol brace April 25th, and it was disapproved today. Didn't like my passport picture.
I'd be damned if I'm giving the Biden freak show an interest free loan for a year plus.
Originally Posted by killerv

I did one right before xmas and it wasnt part of the new system. I am told it is getting moved to the new system and my lgs said I should expect something any day now. They are seeing alot of those Decembers starting to get approved. Fingers crossed.

Once it's "moved" you still have to certify it in the new system at your dealer and the clock doesn't start until then. I went through the exact process with one I submitted in November. Got moved and finally certified in eForms in February and still waiting.
Posted By: ldholton Re: ATF E forms, aint 90 days - 05/06/22
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek
I have all of you beat. Submitted a Form 1 on a pistol brace April 25th, and it was disapproved today. Didn't like my passport picture.

Form one for a pistol brace? Enlighten me just a little bit here. Is this a pistol brace of your personal design to get approved?
Or a homemade suppressor going on a pistol brace item?
Posted By: kevinJ Re: ATF E forms, aint 90 days - 05/07/22
He was turning a pistol braced pistol into a sbr I would imagine
Yes, my Haga Defense brace has a 13.5 LOP which is going to be a no no come August. So if I don't want to become a felon overnight like millions of other owners, I can go the SBR route, wait a cool decade for a court to throw it out, or hope Congress tells ATF they've gone too far.

I don't believe there will be a amnesty, grace period, grandfather clause or free tax stamp. Not with this admin. So I'm trying to get this done before the stampede of Form 1's.
I got an email from my LGS today ..... they're claiming an average of 81 days.

It's been longer than that for me and I am ex-military with a top secret clearance, a CWP, a Curio and Relic license and a TSA pre checkmark .... plus I'm heterosexual married to a white woman and I go to church every other Sunday.

Oh, errrr wait.
Posted By: xarcher Re: ATF E forms, aint 90 days - 05/07/22
Originally Posted by supercrewd

Same here
Posted By: tylerw02 Re: ATF E forms, aint 90 days - 05/07/22
Originally Posted by supercrewd

I'm at 14 months on a paper one. In truth, its been 16 months because the dealer let it sit for two months before they bothered mailing it in.
If Justice Thomas writes the NY pistol permit ruling, I am hoping he states the 2nd amendment is to be always condsidered under strict scrutiny. In a true just, world, most of the gun control laws, federal, state, and local would then be unconstitutional. Including the NFA and GCA of 1968. Certainly the ATF registry in WVA.
Posted By: dassa Re: ATF E forms, aint 90 days - 05/07/22
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek
If Justice Thomas writes the NY pistol permit ruling, I am hoping he states the 2nd amendment is to be always condsidered under strict scrutiny. In a true just, world, most of the gun control laws, federal, state, and local would then be unconstitutional. Including the NFA and GCA of 1968. Certainly the ATF registry in WVA.

All gun laws are already unconstitutional.
Posted By: Petersen Re: ATF E forms, aint 90 days - 05/13/22
I eform certified mine 2/21/22 - so still under the 90 days but anxiously waiting to hear some good news.
© 24hourcampfire