Home
Even if you didn’t fuq her? How much?
Posted By: hanco Re: Do you tip the hotel maid… - 05/10/22
We do, usually a 5.
Depends on if they do a good job or not.
yes
no
If it's just overnight at a hotel, no. If I'm on a vacation for a week, we do $20 or $30. If it's a cruise and not included in the price, maybe $75.
Nope, but usually don't stay in hotels longer than a night or two.
If visiting NOLA you best check your cash stash to be sure the maids haven't already tipped themselves.....

Their maids tend to tidy up your luggage as well....

That safety deposit box at the front desk comes highly recommended........
Usually $5 per night if the room was clean when we checked in. If a room isn't clean when we check in, I always ask for a different room and if one isn't available, I'll ask the front desk person to have the housekeeping people come in and clean it.

If multiple nights and the room is completely cleaned every day they get a tip for each night. If the room isn't completely cleaned every day they get a $1 tip for those days. It really annoys me when sheets, pillow cases, and towels aren't changed out each and every day.
$5 per day
The newlyweds, both virgins, went to a nice hotel. In the morning they went out leaving the bed stained. He felt bad so he pinned a $20 bill to the spot with a note of apology. When they came back, the maid had left a note "Thank you. Come again."
Back in the days of Kodachrome a couple near me went to Baja for 9 days. When they got home, Linda sent the film out to be developed, when they were viewing the vacation photos a few days later they were horrified to discover a photo of what appeared to be their toothbrushes sticking in a big brown ass crack. Maybe that was a tipping issue....or, gringo muy malo.
I never carry any more cash than I can "carry".
I never tip housemaids.
I never got tipped bagging groceries. It was my job.
I never got tipped loading feed sacks. It was my job.
I never got tipped mowing the cemetery. It was my job.
I never got tipped picking up garbage. It was my job.

I tip restaurant wait staff. They work for less than minimum wage and depend on tips.
The better the service, the better the tip.
Don't know if you guys have stayed in hotels lately, but the ones I've stayed in use covid as a reason not to clean your room until you check out.

So, my incentive to tip for that has gone way down.
If I'm staying more than one night I do tip.
Not for one night. If I am there more than one night yes. 3 to 5 bucks a day depending on what mess I leave them with. I always leave the top on a note thats thanks them in advance for replenishing the coffee service.
Originally Posted by smokepole
Don't know if you guys have stayed in hotels lately, but the ones I've stayed in use covid as a reason not to clean your room until you check out.

So, my incentive to tip for that has gone way down.
I stay at Comfort Inns generally and I haven't found this to be the case at the ones I stay at.
I don’t want someone I don’t know, in my room when I’m not there. So, no.
Posted By: DMc Re: Do you tip the hotel maid… - 05/10/22
$5 a day, and ask for extra towels. Sometimes extra blankets because I keep it as cold as possible.
Not usually
Posted By: WMR Re: Do you tip the hotel maid… - 05/10/22
If you're just there one night, you're not getting maid service. The motel is just doing housekeeping to ready the room for the next guest. On an extended stay I always tip the maid. Bad tippers can always find a way to rationalize their own selfishness. Probably lousy people in other ways, too.
JUST the tip. grin
Originally Posted by hanco
We do, usually a 5.

This, even if it's one night. If I'm going to be in a particular room for more than one night, I tip each day. Guaranteed to get a very clean room!

Ed
Originally Posted by SCgman1
If visiting NOLA you best check your cash stash to be sure the maids haven't already tipped themselves.....

Their maids tend to tidy up your luggage as well....

That safety deposit box at the front desk comes highly recommended........

If you leave cash in your hotel room unattended, that's just asking to be robbed. Don't use those little in-room safes either, they are worthless.
Originally Posted by WMR
If you're just there one night, you're not getting maid service. The motel is just doing housekeeping to ready the room for the next guest. On an extended stay I always tip the maid. Bad tippers can always find a way to rationalize their own selfishness. Probably lousy people in other ways, too.

So, if you don't tip a hotel housekeeper you're a selfish and lousy person? Got it.
Posted By: m1919 Re: Do you tip the hotel maid… - 05/10/22
I always tip..more nights, more tip
I travel for a living. I do not tip maid service.
Posted By: efw Re: Do you tip the hotel maid… - 05/10/22
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
I never carry any more cash than I can "carry".
I never tip housemaids.
I never got tipped bagging groceries. It was my job.
I never got tipped loading feed sacks. It was my job.
I never got tipped mowing the cemetery. It was my job.
I never got tipped picking up garbage. It was my job.

I tip restaurant wait staff. They work for less than minimum wage and depend on tips.
The better the service, the better the tip.

Yep that ^
Posted By: KFWA Re: Do you tip the hotel maid… - 05/10/22
past couple of years if I stay at a cheaper hotel for more than 2 nights, if I want new soap and fresh towels I tip ahead of time, not much usually $3 but something

also depend on if I am business or vacation. Vacation I'm a little looser with tipping.
Posted By: CWT Re: Do you tip the hotel maid… - 05/10/22
Nope. Never have and never will. The tip stuff is getting out of hand.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Do you tip the hotel maid… - 05/10/22
I figure that the minimum should probably be 20% of the room cost, and up from there for any extra requests or super service. If sharing a suite with others, it is important to casually toss a large wad of bills on the bed.
Originally Posted by CWT
Nope. Never have and never will. The tip stuff is getting out of hand.
Posted By: WMR Re: Do you tip the hotel maid… - 05/10/22
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by WMR

So, if you don't tip a hotel housekeeper you're a selfish and lousy person? Got it.

Being a bad tipper does not, in itself, prove one is a selfish and lousy person. It's just highly suggestive.
depends.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Usually $5 per night if the room was clean when we checked in. If a room isn't clean when we check in, I always ask for a different room and if one isn't available, I'll ask the front desk person to have the housekeeping people come in and clean it.

If multiple nights and the room is completely cleaned every day they get a tip for each night. If the room isn't completely cleaned every day they get a $1 tip for those days. It really annoys me when sheets, pillow cases, and towels aren't changed out each and every day.
Change the sheets every day? I tell the hotel folks I have a burglar alarm in the room and do not want hotel staff going into the room. We just hang up a towel and reuse it. Most hotel housekeeping ladies are low wage and a lot are on drugs therefore a big percent will rifle through your stuff.
One day ..I leave my change .. 1st thing I do is adjust the air winter or summer ..to 66 degs ....than I hang out the do not disturb door thingy....want new stuff ..pull the tag for a day then repeat. At the end of a stay I mite leave a few bones if my empty beer container ile is large... I may add to the bone pile ..top out at 5$ tho...
No, they're not my employee.
I leave a line on the bathroom counter for them and a rolled up $5
Posted By: rong Re: Do you tip the hotel maid… - 05/10/22
I always tip if I ask for more coffee,towels etc,then leave something when we are leaving.Usually a five.
Never have, never will. Not my job to add to their income. I'm paying for a clean room. Why would I want to tip if I got it?
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age
I leave a line on the bathroom counter for them and a rolled up $5

They'll do a little toot, but they will not freebase cocaine.
© 24hourcampfire