Home
Posted By: wabigoon My First Shingles Shot Today. - 05/10/22
$190. plus, it beats the shingles.
Mine made me sick for about 24-36 hours, the second one was worse. Hope you don't have any effects from it, though it certainly beats the shingles.
Got my second shingles vaccine two weeks ago, sore arm for about three days and nothing else. They are expensive however my wife has a friend who got shingles in her eye for over six months. When we heard that news we said time for the vaccine.
That is what mine cost. Well worth it.
My first shot wiped me out. Didn't sleep at all that night - wracked with shivers and chills.

Second shot - just sore at the injection site.

My wife got her's at the same time. No bad reactions at all.
Posted By: EdM Re: My First Shingles Shot Today. - 05/10/22
I received my first shot yesterday along with my TDAP. No pain whatsoever. All free of charge, thankfully.
Walked into Walgreens awhile back and got first one, then went back to get the second. Sore arm for a day or so and Tricare paid 100%.
Forgot all about shingles until my sons father in law got it in his eyes. Horrible, came within a stones throw of being blinded
Alex Jones advised me against it. Happy Camper said it’s the Debble’s venom.
I got a shot for the clap in '90

worked well
I'd like to find, Linus, of Peanuts, "See arm, it's worth it." smile
Originally Posted by asheepdog
Mine made me sick for about 24-36 hours, the second one was worse. Hope you don't have any effects from it, though it certainly beats the shingles.

Me too. As far as I am concerned, that was evidence that my immune system was working hard. I didn't mind at all.
I heard the herpes zoster vaccine makes a guy's username display wrong:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Anyone know if that is true?
Got the 1st yesterday something fierce body ache today ,hips kept me from my regular walk . Wife had hers a couple months ago and had nothing but a sore shoulder. Not looking forward to #2 mid july. Do know I don't want to experience what my friends went through when had the crap.
Originally Posted by sidepass
Got the 1st yesterday something fierce body ache today ,hips kept me from my regular walk . Wife had hers a couple months ago and had nothing but a sore shoulder. Not looking forward to #2 mid july. Do know I don't want to experience what my friends went through when had the crap.

Crap. They screwed up and gave you the 2023 Covid vaccine.
Need to get mine. Seen some family members suffer with shingles. Looked damn miserable.
Dude, you need to re-evaluate your healthcare options if you paid that out of pocket.
Well, since the shingles vaccines produced and marketed to date:

1) do not prevent getting shingles with 100% efficacy;
2) only promise to reduce the severity of your shingles outbreak; and
3) generate “windfall profits” for the pharm companies that make them,

I am surprised that there isn’t a massive hue-and-cry among the Medical Experts on this here sneer-reviewed forum.

But seriously… it’s a great way to save yourself a lot of misery.
Originally Posted by wabigoon

How old are you?
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Well, since the shingles vaccines produced and marketed to date:

1) do not prevent getting shingles with 100% efficacy;
2) only promise to reduce the severity of your shingles outbreak; and
3) generate “windfall profits” for the pharm companies that make them,

I am surprised that there isn’t a massive hue-and-cry among the Medical Experts on this here sneer-reviewed forum.

But seriously… it’s a great way to save yourself a lot of misery.

If it doesn't prevent one from getting shingles, is it really a vaccine?
You've never before owned a single shot? I've got a few of them.
If i get around trich ill end up w shingles.
Dont work w that crap anymore so any events since have been mild.

Still sucks for about a week

But then something else ruins the other weeks LOL
Had a doc suggest I get the shot. VA looked at my medical history and said ‘not for you Bubbalu.

Sammy Small
Originally Posted by jwp475

How old are you?
He's almost as old as dirt. At what age do or should you get the shingles vaccine? I've never had any kind of preventive shots since grade school. I'm 64, and besides emphysema from my own doing life's good. My wife is always on me to get a tetanus shot, but why? Once you decide the flu shots and other vaccines work and help, you might as well get all that's available.
If you have had it once, can you get it again?
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

How old are you?
He's almost as old as dirt. At what age do or should you get the shingles vaccine? I've never had any kind of preventive shots since grade school. I'm 64, and besides emphysema from my own doing life's good. My wife is always on me to get a tetanus shot, but why? Once you decide the flu shots and other vaccines work and help, you might as well get all that's available.

I'm 71 and I have never ever had a vaccine
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Had a doc suggest I get the shot. VA looked at my medical history and said ‘not for you Bubbalu.

Sammy Small

Really? Why?
Originally Posted by hookeye

Is that a typo or do you have trichinosis?
Shingles suck! I just spent the last 36 hours sleeping.

I still have 10 months before they will give me the vaccine at age 50.
Yes. You can get it more than once.

How old are you?

Guess you never served in the Military. I've had them all
Heck, the covid shot is even more effective.
Originally Posted by blairvt

How old are you?

Guess you never served in the Military. I've had them all

Well ain't you something and still no better off than I am, plus the fact I don't have that crap in my body

Exactly how mine went. Teeth chattered so hard I thought I would break a tooth.
Originally Posted by plumbum
[qu0ote=hookeye]If i get around trich ill end up w shingles.

Trichloroethylene, or Tricholoroethane.
Hammers immune system down and shingles pops up.

Old gun scrubber was enough to fugg me up.
Sensitized through yrs at prev job.
Pretty close to my experience. But better than getting Shingles.
I had a BM today.
Originally Posted by BayouRover
I had a BM today.

Won’t prevent you from having another.
Got mine today. I hope I'm the exception to the rule! It's worth not getting shingles though! Reading this thread almost scared me off!

How old are you?

You didn't take the polio vaccine? The little pink drop on the sugar cube?
I had the old version so it is now recommended that I take this new version.

Assume it is medically prudent for me, not just financially rewarding for others
Originally Posted by Houston_2
I had a BM today.

True, but it's just as exciting as wabi's revelation.
Originally Posted by Houston_2
I had a BM today.

True, but it's just as exciting as wabi's revelation.

Lots of discussions here on vaccinations and recurrences. Herd immunity, flattening the curve and all that, too.

I think you're supposed to get a single shot, not a shingles shot. $190 is a good price for a good single shot.
Bet you vote for Chuck Grassley again, what a turd
Originally Posted by plumbum

Trichloroethylene, or Tricholoroethane.
Hammers immune system down and shingles pops up.

Old gun scrubber was enough to fugg me up.
Sensitized through yrs at prev job.

Oh. Glad you don't have trichinosis.
My wife is a doc and her best friend since residency is my doctor. They some times entertain them selves with stories of how high maintenance husbands can be when we are sick. Several years ago I had read a thread here about how terrible shingles can be.

Our insurance didn't cover the shot for people under 60 and back then it was expensive 600.00 IIRC. After reading several really scary threads about it I decided I wanted the shot anyway. When I told my wife she said "you got that last year when you got your flu shot". Since she is on my HIPPA form she just had to tell her pal she didn't want to even think about how much I'd complain about shingles...

I have since had both of the newer versions of the vaccine. No side effects that I recall. FWIW I don't think I'm especially that high maintenance with health stuff. I do think some people in the health care profession are a bit jaded though.....
© 24hourcampfire