Home
There's a first time for everything I guess. My 12yr old was sitting next to his buddy in the classroom prior to the class starting. They have assigned seating but the other kid (punk kid always in trouble) who's seat it was wasn't there yet. When he came in he just yanked the chair out from under my boy and told him to get out of his seat. My boy called him a dumbazz, then the kid smacked him as he stood up. He has BJJ training and boxes often with his brother who does Muay Thai, BJJ, and wrestling. After the smack, my boy gave the kid an uppercut, two quick followups to the chin, then held him down on the table and pounded on him a bit. The teacher watched the whole thing play out and stopped it at that. I think the teacher thought the kid got what he deserved, though they can't come out and say that.

I can't say as I blame him and I'm not gonna give him too hard of a time about it. If someone pulled that on me I'd likely do the same thing. I'm happy to know he'll stand up for himself, though I never really questioned it. My wife kinda blamed me for it as I've always told my boys not to look for trouble, but don't hesitate to defend yourself. My boy is a good kid, honor society, plays sports, never been in trouble before. I'm off tomorrow and was planning to hit the range. Looks like he's going to serve out his second day of a 2 day suspension going to the range with dad. Tough love! grin
Good for him! smile
Good parenting !
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
There's a first time for everything I guess. My 12yr old was sitting next to his buddy in the classroom prior to the class starting. They have assigned seating but the other kid (punk kid always in trouble) who's seat it was wasn't there yet. When he came in he just yanked the chair out from under my boy and told him to get out of his seat. My boy called him a dumbazz, then the kid smacked him as he stood up. He has BJJ training and boxes often with his brother who does Muay Thai, BJJ, and wrestling. After the smack, my boy gave the kid an uppercut, two quick followups to the chin, then held him down on the table and pounded on him a bit. The teacher watched the whole thing play out and stopped it at that. I think the teacher thought the kid got what he deserved, though they can't come out and say that.

I can't say as I blame him and I'm not gonna give him too hard of a time about it. If someone pulled that on me I'd likely do the same thing. I'm happy to know he'll stand up for himself, though I never really questioned it. My wife kinda blamed me for it as I've always told my boys not to look for trouble, but don't hesitate to defend yourself. My boy is a good kid, honor society, plays sports, never been in trouble before. I'm off tomorrow and was planning to hit the range. Looks like he's going to serve out his second day of a 2 day suspension going to the range with dad. Tough love! grin
I tell my kids the same and have been there too. My wife agrees with me
That should calm the dumbazz down in the future.
He was in the right. I got suspended many times, usually my fault
Posted By: DMc Re: My boy got suspended today... - 05/12/22
Ask him for some boxing lessons.
Take him out for a beer

That’s awesome
No one else will try anything on your son after that.
Good deal. My son got sent to in school suspension for putting a guy who bullied him in the hospital,when he was in high school, amber lamps had to come to get him.
Sounds like some pretty good parenting to me. And glad your son stood up for himself.
Good for him. Sometimes you just have to stand up for whats right and take a swat on the hand.

Daughter had to pop a boy in the face within her first month at a new school. Think it was 8th grade.

My only issue was she gave him 2 warnings when I had always told her no warning, just strike from out of nowhere.

1 week out. Told her as long as she still got up at normal time every day and got her school work and chores done I wouldn't give her any punishment.

Even had the cops at the office when we went in to get her from school. Told the cop and principal the boy was a snitch as nobody saw it happen but he told a teacher once his eye started turning black 2 hours later. No way would I have admitted a girl gave me a black eye.

Come to find out he bullied someone different every day. His luck finally ran out.
I chortled! 😁👍👍👍👍👍
I had plenty of middle school fights but they never suspended us those days.
In 3rd grade, I put my daughter on the bus with a tube sock and bar of Dial soap. Some little punk was making fun of her Hello Kitty lunchbox

I told the principal the deal, she said “oh Lort, I want plausible deniability”

Kid get yanked from the bus and she never got to whack him upside dat head
Buy that boy a candy bar for me!
Posted By: acy Re: My boy got suspended today... - 05/12/22
He didn't start it, but it sure sounds like he finished it. Good on him.
Originally Posted by slumlord
In 3rd grade, I put my daughter on the bus with a tube sock and bar of Dial soap. Some little punk was making fun of her Hello Kitty lunchbox

I told the principal the deal, she said “oh Lort, I want plausible deniability”

Kid get yanked from the bus and she never got to whack him upside dat head

Bar of Fels Naptha soap was good too!!! Damn hard stuff
I'd request a meeting with the principal, attorney present, to discuss their bullying policies...

Watch them crabbing. Meeting is NEVER going to happen.
There are times when doing the right thing is worth the cost. Suspensions don't last.
That punk fooled with the wrong boy. Good for your son. Schools never punish the one who should be punished and never really punish bullies.
Something similar happened to my son. He loves him fishing so I took off work and we went fishing. I made sure he understood life is not always fair but he needs to do the right thing…even if he gets in trouble. In the long run, it will work out.
Good on you!!!!! My Grandson just got a whole week off, he was standing talking to a friend and another kid came up and suckered him. He can take a punch, rolled with it and came up and decked him! Kid almost went unconscious. Teacher saw the whole thing but it's a no touch school, so they both got suspended. No wonder kids think they can do and say anything!!! Shop teachers understand it's the teachers that went from school to college to teaching college to teaching, they have no FN idea about real life.!!! Pushed the pencil all there life lost in there own mind!!! He's only thirteen but he's a hard one eighty. The high school is just waiting for him to make it there. The other kids lucky it wasn't his fourteen yr old sister, she's not one eighty but she's taller than him and she has reflexes like a frikn cat. They play fight and he can't get a hit in, she blocks everything and slaps him before he can do anything, I'd pay for her to take some kind of fighting. She's also really driven, she wants to join military and be a pilot, plane or chopper at fourteen??? That could change but whatever she puts her hand to she does it well. She just won an art contest, she cooks, she bakes, loves shooting with her Pawpaw. Ok got a little carried away but I'm dam proud of them both. GWP. 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦
He did well. Good response and he sent a message that went through the whole school. The punk had lots of other kids wishing he would get his beat down and he got it.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I chortled! 😁👍👍👍👍👍

That word sounds like it should require wiping.
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
That punk fooled with the wrong boy. Good for your son. Schools never punish the one who should be punished and never really punish bullies.

You are very correct.

As to whoever starts a fight: I don't feel that the instigator should expect any sort of limitation as to the response he receives.
I don’t see the problem. Bet the kid doesn’t F with him again!
My wife kinda blamed me for it as I've always told my boys not to look for trouble, but don't hesitate to defend yourself.

My kid got into a fight at school, was suspended, and the wife was pissed that I wasn't going to punish him. The other kid had been on him for quite a while and after a few days Jake finally had enough and ended it.

Finally told her she didn't have any idea what it's like to be a boy, what kind of hell it can be if you get targeted, and to stay out of it.

Ended that discussion, too.
Well worth it.
👍👍👍
Good lessons learned all around.
Punk now realizes that not everyone is going to tolerate being bullied.
Son earns respect from fellow students and gained a bit of self confidence. After facing his punishment, he will be in a better position to decide if future encounters are worth the repercussions.

Unknown to us, at 12 years old, our son was being bullied by a 15 year old. On a Friday night at the local skating rink he shoved my son to the floor and called him a btch. Some friends helped him to a bench because his knee was hurt. Other kids came over and to tell him that Brad was going to kick his arse. My son wouldn't hurt a flea but he did have a few years of karate training. When Bradley came over and got in his face my son smashed his nose.
He told his mommy that he was just coming over to say he was sorry for bumping into him.
My son was found guilty of disorderly conduct and we got to pay the punk's medical bills.
We all learned that the justice system isn't always just. The magistrate was a smartass twaat. " now why would someone call you a female dog? That doesn't make sense. "
You can't punish the kid because the school is stupid. Kids fighting in school was a everyday event when I was a kid, that's just how boys work things out.
Good deal, great timing.
At his age, this doesn't matter past the end of year.

But everyone will remember it, and he will have easy sailing untill graduation.
I did a similar thing a couple times in grade school to bullies, and they steered clear after that. Dad always said.." never start a fight, but do everything you can to finish one."
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Good for him! smile

Yep !!!

And good on you for not punishing him for doing the right thing.

Bet the dumbass bully won’t mess win anymore.
Your wife blamed what on you?

Tell her you're sorry you taught him how to not get his ass whipped.

Sounds like he deserves some days at the range or lake.
Your Boy did exactly what he should have. Good for him. A life lesson learned for both kids. The bully will think twice before he pulls a stunt like that again. He now knows what might be coming. And your boy just earned the respect of his classmates, and that will follow him for years to come. The suspension in this case is a badge of honor. If that was my boy I would be Proud of him. As I'm sure you are. Not everyone would have acted as your son did. Its a special kind of person that steps up and does the right thing regardless of the consequences. Looks like he was raised up right. Good job Dad.
Good for him! He defended himself. He also learned all decisions have consequences. Good or bad they all have consequences. Support him and celebrate with a day at the range with him.
GreggH
Grandson11 gets bullied a lot. In truth, he’s a bit of a dork. But a dork with MMA and JuJitsu training.

Last month a bully took after him and when GS started getting the best of him, bully’s friend jumped in. GS kicked his ass, too.

When brought before the principal, the bully tried to blame it on GS. Bully’s friend stood up for GS and told the principal what really happened. GS gained a new friend that day and bully got what was coming to him.

My son (not a dork), never started a fight at school, but he finished a lot of them. He and I have the same attitude. You might get in trouble at school for defending yourself, but you won’t be in trouble at home.
Originally Posted by Dutch
I'd request a meeting with the principal, attorney present, to discuss their bullying policies...

It's too early for the attorney. But, a few minutes with the principal, mostly low keyed can get you on the right track if there is a mutual agreement about future behavior of the other young man. Especially if the principal knows the other kid on a first name basis because of his behavior. I will bet you the principal has had it up to his/her ears with the kid and his parents.

IN private he/she is cheering your son on. Don't go in and blow it. Now is your chance to score some points with the principal and an attorney will fugg that up in a New York minute. I have seen it before. Don't be that other parent.

kwg
Nicely done, kid!

Have fun at the range with your dad, and remember, you’re being disciplined.

Lol

🦫
Good job
The first rule of fight club, is you don’t talk about fight club.
I had a girl about a year younger than me, that was ugly as sin and a Tomboy. Probably in the 4th or 5th grade range. Boys being boys would tease her.

After she clocked 2 or 3 of them up the chin, nobody ever fugged with her again. It was a delight to watch! LOL
We could use a little of this on the fire... Start with 'Flave' he makes a pretty good dumbazz
After the smack, my boy gave the kid an uppercut, two quick followups to the chin, then held him down on the table and pounded on him a bit.

#chinmusic
I got into several fights at school. Being I was a new kid at 3 different schools from Jr. High to H.S. meant some dumbfûck was going to test me.

All went as expected. Kids got learned quick that I was fighter. Vice Principal sent me home after one fight because my new shirt was covered in the other kids blood.

My dad was pissed that the shirt was brand new.

🦫
For punishment, make your son load mags at the range. That’s what I would do. Enjoy your day together. I miss those days as my son is grown and moved away.
First fight I was a sophomore in high school. Kid started messing with me , I have no idea why . I was taught the same , don’t start one but don’t take crap from anyone . He broke my nose with his first shot and I could barely see and broke my knuckle on his head . Lots of pain ! He for the record won , but no one messed with me after that either. Got 3 whacks from the principal and 3 days out of school.
Posted By: Osky Re: My boy got suspended today... - 05/13/22
Well done Laddy.

Osky
Good for your son and good on you for teaching him how to stand up for himself. We had a similar situation with our oldest son. After several weeks my boy had enough and cleaned the bullies clock! Of course the school has a no fighting policy and everybody was suspended. That’s because the school districts are lazy and don’t want to have to think. I did have a low-key come to Jesus meeting with the principal about it and explained that my son was never to start a fight but he was damn sure to finish one he was ever forced into the situation by another. I also informed her that while I respected the school decision in this case, but if it happened again I would take it out of her hands and bring in the police to deal with the situation. Assault is assault and I would press charges against the perp. That was the end of it.

Your son is at the age where having a dad is an absolute requirement. Moms dont get it and why boys growing up withouy one get into trouble
Your son did great 😎

It should be understood that the three day suspension for both parties is to help squelch any further high school drama resulting from the fight, better for the safety of both parties and it also gives admin time to investigate if necessary.

I’m surprised both sets of parents weren’t called in.

My suggestion is, since your son has this impromptu vacation, can you call in sick too and go do something additional cool?
My son was in a couple fights in middle school. We always told him he was expected to defend himself and had our permission to fight back. I told him if he ever got suspended I’d take the day off too and we’d go do whatever he wanted.

One of the times he whooped another boy who started something he told the principal what our family’s policy was in defense and the principal told him he agreed with it and would tell his son the same.
Originally Posted by leemar28
Good parenting !
^^ THIS ^^
You have raised him right,not to start it but if it happens get it over with.
The "zero tolerance" policy on school violence has bred an absolute fearless strain of bullies.

Fùck that.

Tell your kids to shítcan those bullies and that you will spring them from the principals office.
What did the school do about the dumbass kid?

This is the tried and true and correct procedure.

Then when leaving tell the principal that if your kid gets in trouble for defending himself again the principal will be sorry.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The "zero tolerance" policy on school violence has bred an absolute fearless strain of bullies.

Fùck that.

Tell your kids to shítcan those bullies and that you will spring them from the principals office.

Truth.
Good on him!

….and you!
A bully in my sons 8th grade kept pushing him. Off campus Brad kicked his ass. At tennis tournament day the kids in it got off to go off campus at lunch. Guy drove up in a car and got in Brad's face. Bully walked up and cold cocked him from the side.

Word got to the principal and the next day he got them out of class and had them walking with him going to his office. Brad hit that sucker up side the head and his head bounced off the hall wall. Kid hit the floor.

Principal kept walking and said get up and get in my office. Told them in office no more fighting in school.
All you old hard knuckles crack me up. Teaching your kids how to fight. I did the same. My young kids got boxing lessons in the living room. Sweep the leg and ground and pound. Keep your dukes up and protect your chin. Crying won't help you.
I'd request a meeting with the principal, attorney present

^^^^^^ this is what's wrong with this country, FUQK an attorney. Unfortunately you're not wrong, but I still ain't calling no gawd damm lawyer.
In my small Iowa town in grade school, if there was an altercation between boys, we all went down to the gym.

The entire class attended. The boxing gloves came out and we went at it. Somebody cried or wimped out until it was over.

That ended by junior high school. That was back in the 1960's. I pretty much got along with most, so I never had to punch it out there.

after reading that post... all I can say is congrats to your son and his proud dad...

sound like the punk got what he deserved.. about time in our society, A Holes get what they deserve...
not excuses being made up to protect them.
Originally Posted by ironbender
What did the school do about the dumbass kid?

The other kid got two days off as well. Equal punishment. I’m off the next three days so we’re gonna burn up a bunch of ammo. I just got home from 20mile and if it wasn’t such a schit show right now I’d run back down with him and go for a boat ride looking for a bear.
A friend got a call from the principal one evening,

"Jerry, I just called to touch base. We had an incident today.
Two boys were picking on a kid who often gets bullied. I guess
It got a bit nasty, and your son threw one of them against a locker,
And hit the other. Several times. No one is hurt badly, some bruises and
small cuts. In light of our zero violence tolerance policy, I'm calling to
let you know your son was involved in a violent incident."

My friend was telling me this over the CB the next morning,
And he was pissed! Couldn't understand why his boy was singled
out, and his parents called to get him in trouble.

I laughed. Told him,
"Hey, I know the principle well. He is a good guy, had three good
boys. A bit arrogant, but all 4 are decent guys who would have done
the same thing your boy did. Your son hit someone, they had to
do something. So he did.

The absolute least he could do!

And he prefaced the "bad news" with a description of why your son did it.
A description that would have made most dad's trying to raise a
solid, honorable man, damn proud."
Originally Posted by mirage243
I'd request a meeting with the principal, attorney present

^^^^^^ this is what's wrong with this country, FUQK an attorney. Unfortunately you're not wrong, but I still ain't calling no gawd damm lawyer.

Lawyering up Seems like an expensive solution to a problem that ain’t apparent yet to me. Second time around maybe, but in a LOT of fights the he said, she said leading up to it ain’t that clear-cut.

First off the three day suspension for both parties ain’t about blame or punishment, it’s about the school atmosphere and the safety of both parties.

It also makes throwing a punch a major production that’s going to separate them from their friends/girlfriend for three days and also involve their parents. Even bad parents can find it a hassle to have young Johnny home for three days.

Ya gotta recall the mindset of teenagers, they are at an age when not getting a lunch period or being kept 30 minutes after school (AKA “detention”) can actually be a deterrent.

Again, I’m really surprised both sets of parents weren’t called in with the OP’s incident.
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
There are times when doing the right thing is worth the cost. Suspensions don't last.

That's right, and Bullies learn lessons.
Times are different now...

We grew up in an age where shotguns and deer rifles in the back window of a pick up at school was a standard. The odd fistfight was throttled but no school shootings, we were just different.

As members of the FFA we rode the busses as help, monitors for the drivers. I lived 1/4 mile from the high school, but got up every morning and out the door at 5:30 to be picked up by Mr. Harris on his route. (it ran though the Milan Arsenal to Area Q, got to see deer every day). Only did the morning run as I had football in the afternoons. One of the kids at Lavina, named Ava was the sister of one of my older siblings best friends, we knew their family well from the basketball association and the younger sister was "Special Needs", sweet kid but pretty simple. Her mom counted on me to look after her and I did.

Homecoming came and went and Monday Ava was not out front waiting, but her Mom was. She told me that two of the boys at school had "asked" her to Homecoming, thinking they were serious she got dolled up and waited, and waited...broken hearted at Church that Sunday she asked the boys why they did not pick her up and they laughed and derided her about her status as a SPED and told her she was ugly, why would anyone want to go out with her.

To complicate things the boys were sons of the Presbyterian preacher, one a Senior the other a Sophomore, they had money enough that they drove to school instead of riding the bus. When Mrs. Gardner told me the story and I got just how hard that hit little Ava, she was so embarrassed she could not get out of bed it flew all over me.

When we got to school I reported to my Vo Ag Teacher as we were supposed to do and then went to see the Principal. (It must be noted here that my Mother was the upper division math and science teacher, so any and everything I did at school was instantly known and under a microscope). I told Mort (a pejorative as he looked just like Mortimer Snerd, really) he could either handle it or I would. He blew it off and said "fine". License says I.

At the next class change I sidled up to the two miscreants and they were yuking it up to their buds about how they "got" the "retard". I allowed as to how that was less than a decent thing to do loud enough for all in the hall to hear, and stuffed them one each into their lockers and shut them inside and slapped their combination locks shut. The ensuing ruckus brought the Assistant Principal on the run, amazing how much noise can be made from inside a locker with no more room to wiggle than there is.

Very quickly I was summoned to the Office and old Mort was redfaced and spinning in place. The kids Dad was at hand, threating charges for kidnapping and all sorts of stuff, and of course the matriarchal unit was called in as well along with Mr. Rawls, the Vo Ag Teacher in charge of the Bus Brigade. Oh Crap, now I am in real trouble, court is in session. As the issue began to be sorted out as to the why, my Mother's and the Secretary's face went ashen when I explained the cause that warranted my resultant action and I allowed as how I though a gentle grasping by the neck and tossing into the holes in the wall was better than the beating I knew they deserved. Public embarrassment tit for tat so to speak. Them two women lit up like hens on a June bug at the pure malevolence of the boys treatment of poor Ava and from being the heel one second, I was a Champion the next. They flogged the kids and the father mercilessly, why the very thought of such a thing. Mort sent the preacher packing and I got a severe taking to by the Principal, my Vo Ag teacher just rubbed his hands like he did and chortled. That was the official end of that...

I got grounded for a week and my keys taken away for that same time period, how could I put her in that position in front of her peers, but Pop told me she was actually pretty proud, and was glad I did not show up in front of the judge...this time.

Good on your son for standing up, we need more like him!

I love a happy ending.
See a ton of these little punk kids these days, not yours, the other kid. Broken homes, dad not around, stuff like that. Or they just learn it from their sorry ass parents. There was always one growing up, but now, I swear my kids have a several they have to deal with. And the parents make excuse after excuse for them instead of dealing with it. Always the others kids fault.

My son is a good little baseball player, he gets a lot of jealousy his way and trash talking from others...not having fun trash talk, being ugly trash talk. This one punk was talking trash at the batting cages before the game, during the game while my son was pitching, actually got a unsportsman like penalty. His coaches weren't doing anything to stop it, the parents werent doing anything. I think they were enjoying it or wanting it to get into my sons head. Then after we won, he talked trashed during the hand shakes and my son pushed him. Of course people saw and things went south quick, yelling from coaches, parents, etc. I did make the comment the kid deserved it, and he did...but I did have the conversation with my son about putting your hands on someone first. It was a learning experience for him but after over two hours of taunting, he had had enough and it was evident the adults on the other side didn't take the opportunity to put it to a stop. I just glad he didn't knock his teeth out. Of course my son and I were the bad guys after that incident. Had a pow pow with the punks parents after the game, of course their son doesnt do anything bad, and while we are talking, he walks up to my wifes car and starts yelling at my son who is sitting in the back seat.

My son nohit them the next game we played them.
Funny this thread comes up when it does. My 12 yo daughter and her good friend are going through something similar. There is a smart but trailer girl in their grade who taunts and speaks behind their backs but tries to be nice to their faces. I explained to my girl in front of the wife that the other girl is a classic bully. I also told her there is one thing bullies at this age will understand - that is pain and blood. Now, my daughter is a really sweet kid and prefers not to be confrontational. I told her I was bullied when I was young and at times was even a bully. I am not proud of either. I also told her a bully will keep taking a piece of you if you let them. To this day I regret what I did and did not do about it myself. So, I said if you want to put an immediate stop to the bully girl you break her nose with a good punch in front of all the other kids. While she is screaming on the ground you tell her loud enough for other to hear that the BS stops now or it will be 2x as bad the next time. Honestly, I hope my little one decks the kid. To the OP: good for the boy. Exactly how it should have been handled. Puzzy schools have no idea what a disservice they do to kids these days.
Posted By: Dess Re: My boy got suspended today... - 05/13/22
For all his faults, my dad had my back when it came to these issues.

Never ever got grounded nor suspended for any of the fights.

He taught me that unless they bring a referee to a street fight, you do whatever it takes. Kicking, biting, whatever. Didn't start anything, but finished plenty. School officials learned quickly that the threat of calling my parents backfired on them instantly.

Dad forbade me to fight as I got into jr high. He was afraid for the other kid.

Last school fight was in high school with the best friend of the Pastor's kid. Afterwards, I was approached by teachers, my baseball coach, and the pastor who all told me the punk beatdown was overdue. Yeah, this was a Christian School, run by cowards.
Told our kids that if somebody is bullying them and they don't stop when asked, to bust them in the mouth. My boy is timid and would never do it. Daughter (8 years old) on the other hand is kind of a souped up wildcat. Her fear is 'getting in trouble and in school suspension'. I told her big deal, you'll have to go sit in the principals office (her buddy) and read books all day (not a punishment for her). She's still hesitant though. Even tried to sweeten the deal with promises of ice cream afterwards. Time will tell.
I’d reward him for standing up! They are trying to wussify boys in this country. My Dad would beat my azz if he found out someone picked on me and I didn’t defend myself. Makes me happy that some guys are raising their kids right!

Ron
My son, "High Brass", got into a fight just before Christmas 1990. I was deployed for Desert Shield/Desert Storm and got back in April '91. Chad told me about it after we went squirrel hunting that Fall. He said the school bully was going around telling other kids he was going to stab Chad. Chad walked up to the bully after school and told him he didn't want trouble with him The bully sucker punched Chad and Chad went off. Got on top of the bull and beat the crap out of him. Other students had to pull him off. Rumor had it two teachers saw the fight and when they saw Chad was winning they disappeared. Most of Chad's suspension was during the Christmas break. While on shore leave Chad got into a fight in a bar with another Marine. The other guy was always getting into fights. He got Chad down and Chad got him off but got the worst of it. When he got back to the ship he was called in and asked about it. They wanted to burn the other guy and asked who threw the first punch. Chad told them they were equally at fault and told them, "Two Marines drinking in a bar. Whay could go wrong?" It was dropped. Chad and the other guy became friends. The other guy asked some of the Marines, "Have you ever got into a fight with Wedd (Weddington)? The others told him no, they had more sense. The guy told them, "Don't, he hits really hard and he didn't want seconds on it!"
Posted By: BLG Re: My boy got suspended today... - 05/13/22
3 things I always told my boys.

1) Don't be an assshole and start a fight or be a bully.

2) You may not win, but make damn sure they would think twice about the next time. It's a fight and the object is to win.

3) Stand up to anyone who is going to bully the little guy.

Said I would back them up 100%. Oldest got into 1 fight. Ended quickly. 1 punch each. Other kid hit first, mine hit last. That was the end of it.

Youngest is too well liked by everyone, including the teachers. I don't think he ever met a stranger. No one has ever messed with him.

Clyde
Thanks God you explained what BJJ training is. It definitely did not read well. Good on your son
I went round and round with the boys principal at my kids school. I simply asked him to stop the other kid poking at my son. I told him Matt had two brothers that would not take anywhere near what Matt did and they would be turned loose if it didn't stop. Got yada, yada, yada from the idiot. I finally told the boys to go to Matts last class and walk out with him. They got there right as the bully was starting in on Matt and lumped up the kid pretty good. It's funny that one son worked him over because it was the right thing to do and the other because he kind of liked it but he wasn't a bully. I took them all out of school for a few days instead of the in house suspension, went camping in the desert to ride dirt bikes.

We need your shipping address so we can get the Father of the Year Trophy to you.

Okie John
P-Tar, you & your boy, have my respect.

But you already knew that !

wink
Went out for breakfast at a small diner that has a bunch of free to play old arcade games, then a trip to the range. Punishment doled out! LOL!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]uu

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
While I was a military combatives instructor I regularly sparred with my kids from the time they were very little to "prepare them for life". My daughter was always a dainty thing and I made sure I did my best to ensure she could take care of herself, or at least try to take care of herself, when necessary. On the school bus one day when she was in 4th grade, a 6th grade bully (male) was picking on a shy 5th grade boy. My daughter got in his face and told him to back off and leave the other kid alone. The 6th grade boy pushed my daughter and she "lit him up". My daughter got kicked off the bus for three days. When my wife and I were told of this, I told my daughter I was proud of her for doing the right thing and that she better be willing to suck it up and deal with the consequences of her actions. She did, without complaint. It took years for that then 6th grade boy to live down having been put in his place by a girl two years his junior who gave up 20 or 30 pounds to him.
Friggin' AWESOME...

GREAT parenting !!!
It appears he has been properly punished.
Now tell him to go back to school and when the boy sits down to pull the chair out from under him and then stomp his tail real good so he’s 100% sure not to do it again. This will create a name for your son as well and folks will long remember not to mess with him. He’s not starting it, he’s just making sure it’s finished.

Squash bullies while they are down so they are sure not to get back up!
Sounds like lots of good parenting. I got in a few fights Dad had my back and I knew it. Amazing how things change for the better when your classmates watch you tear into a bully. I raised my boys the same way. Three kids 11 school districts never had a problem at any of them.

I think the fact that they were confident and were top end wrestlers deterred a lot of kids from crossing them. They were tough and in shape, average size and could prolly put any kid they wanted to head first in a garbage can.
And the a-hole who started it got, what?
Went out for breakfast at a small diner that has a bunch of free to play old arcade games, then a trip to the range. Punishment doled out! LOL!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]uu

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Most excellent! Was hoping you would post some pics.

Excelsior,
bhtr
Originally Posted by Redneck
And the a-hole who started it got, what?

Same punishment, 2 day suspension. You know how it is though, kid peer punishment for getting whooped when you’re being an azz is way worse. I consider that matter over.
Your boy did real good. So did you. Congrats
This
© 24hourcampfire