Home
Posted By: LJBass Jeans - 05/13/22
I finally broke down and bought 6 new pairs of Levi's probably 6 months ago. They seemed a lot thinner than the old levi jeans.
Turns out they were about as durable as those stretchy pants the big women wear to Wal-mart. Already Ripped 3 of 6 pairs.

What brands are you guys recommending?
Posted By: TheKid Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
I wear plain straight cut Wranglers at work. I buy 5 pairs a year and wear them one day per week each. They usually last about 14 months before the split or get holes in the knees. Pretty good service I think.
Posted By: Henryseale Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Usually Wrangler. Will not buy Levis due to their politics, social issue stances, etc.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Wrangler Cowboy Cut Jeans.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by Henryseale
Usually Wrangler. Will not buy Levis due to their politics, social issue stances, etc.

Used to buy Cabella's, they were a great value.
Work gives me $125 twice a year to buy clothes, need a receipt.

Still have several new pair my wife bought to use the money before
the Pro-Bastard bought them out.

Probably buy Wrangled then, I like their jean shorts.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Wore 13mwz for many years.

But now it’s carhartt carpenter pants. Right thigh pocket is perfect for snuff can, left through pocket fits my phone. Knives, wallet, hanky in the other pockets.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Goodwill if youre just going to tear up clothes

I’ll pick up a few things at Goodwill if ai have to crawl under the house, paint. Reminds me…we got to change the hydraulic fluid in the tractor. I should just go commando in a Tyvek suit.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Wrangler if you want durable jean, comfort solutions series comfort fit for me.

House brand jeans if you want to replace jeans every six months. I used to buy Old Mill brand jean from Menard's, but my Wife got tired of having to restitch the belt loops.
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
I wear Wrangler boot cuts, usually get 14 to 18 months out of a pair.
Posted By: shootinurse Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
If yo like to move, Wrangler relaxed fit. Long lasting, too.
Posted By: strikeu Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
carhartt is still tough as nails. Dickies too...my humble opinion.
Posted By: LJBass Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by slumlord

I’ll pick up a few things at Goodwill if ai have to crawl under the house, paint. Reminds me…we got to change the hydraulic fluid in the tractor. I should just go commando in a Tyvek suit.

I work cows as another side hustle. 1 guy is an older preacher. Wears the same thing everyday on the farm. Blue Dickies jump suit. I ask people all the time at the Cafe, "what do you think Glenn wears under that?" Before they can answer, "naked as the day he was born"
I'm sure he appreciates my bullshit.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Wrangler
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Carhartt straight
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Wrangler from Walmart, not paying those high prices anymore. I seen where Dunhams had jeans for $9.
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by Henryseale
Same here. I also like the Carhartt dungarees with the cell phone pocket on the right leg.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
I like the stretchy pants from Ariat.

They are not cheap and don't last as long as Carhartts but they are 5x more comfortable.
Come on Sam. Everybody knows work pants are supposed to chafe your balls and rub the hair off your legs, can’t have none of the fancy pocket stitching [bleep] either. Uncomfortable as hell but they last so long. 😁
Posted By: pullit Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Wrangler or what ever Rural King has
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I like the stretchy pants from Ariat.

They are not cheap and don't last as long as Carhartts but they are 5x more comfortable.

Ariats are skinny jeans ! 😜

My nephew wears Ariats. I always give him hell and tell him only the gay cowboys wear those.

Sorry Sam, couldn’t resist. 😬

For work jeans I buy Riggs. They’re like the Carhartt Carpenter jeans. Only made by Wrangler.
There comfortable for riding in a tractor all day and have big pockets for lots of ammo. 🤠
Posted By: hanco Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Wrangler Cowboy Cut Jeans.

Best out there, last a long time. Real cowboys wear them, they know good jeans!
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Ariat Rebars are most comfortable and don’t wear bad, they’re not the fancy skinny jean stitched pocket ones.

Or old school Wranglers, but they’re nearly skinny jeans over my boots, too tight over them.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Texas jeans here. Made in the USA.
Posted By: slymule Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Carhartts...nothing lasts as long or as comfortable. Winter time - carhartts that are polar fleece lined, most comfortable pants I've ever worn, feels like your wearing pajama bottoms and the wind never cuts thru them.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Haven't bought Levis in 30 years. Wrangler or Carhartt.
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by LJBass
I finally broke down and bought 6 new pairs of Levi's probably 6 months ago. They seemed a lot thinner than the old levi jeans.
Turns out they were about as durable as those stretchy pants the big women wear to Wal-mart. Already Ripped 3 of 6 pairs.

What brands are you guys recommending?

Dickies for the win. They are the toughest pants I’ve worn and I’m hard on clothes.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Wore Wranglers exclusively for years but a couple of years ago they started messing with them -- shallower pockets, shorter and flimsier zipper pull tab, no more double belt loops on both sides of front, change/watch pocket so small I couldn't get two finger in it -- so after looking them over I gave Wrangler's budget brand, Rustler jeans a try. Liking them as well now as I did the old Wranglers before they changed them, plus they are a good bit cheaper, and last every bit as long as Wranglers, too. So far Rustlers still have most of what I liked and wanted that Wranglers no longer have.
Posted By: LBP Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
I was hoping for some chubby girls in jeans pics. Oh well Wranglers for me I hate Levi’s politics.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
40 years for me, carpenter jeans nowadays
Posted By: DouginAlaska Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Ariat, and I'm no longer a skinny guy. Love them, they are great for working in. JMHO
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by LJBass

I work cows as another side hustle. 1 guy is an older preacher. Wears the same thing everyday on the farm. Blue Dickies jump suit. I ask people all the time at the Cafe, "what do you think Glenn wears under that?" Before they can answer, "naked as the day he was born"
I'm sure he appreciates my bullshit.

Thin coveralls over underware or commando are nice in the summer.
Get the ones that have openings for air.

If I wore them now, I'd look like an elongated blueberry.
Posted By: dave7mm Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
https://www.allamericanclothing.com/collections/mens-jeans?https://www.allamericanclothing.com/collections/jeans&gclid=Cj0KCQjwg_iTBhDrARIsAD3Ib5g8AeZoyUICbvv73-KcPkFe5wNDFTEfFjLhksengHBTP_bvNt_dHDgaAogJEALw_wcB

Dave
Posted By: riflegunbuilder Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Key Brand Carpenter pants
Posted By: Azmarlin39a Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Carhartt for me. I get 2nds from a mail order place called Dungarees. Costs around $23.00 a pair.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Hard to beat Liberty overalls around the farm. I mostly wear Carhartt for my going to town britches. Seems like whenever I wear Wrangler jeans the pockets are to shallow, tight fitting and can't carry everything.
Posted By: Teal Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Wranglers - pant size hasn't changed in years so I order them right off Amazon
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
DG.... Diamond Gusset made in Texas...I think.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Duluth Trading Company... catch a sale for best value.

Last time I wore fancy pants like jeans was at my wedding.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Duluth , best I've ever worn.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
I wanted to try All American but when I tried to buy them they were out so I just bought the wranglers. I have some Dickies carpenter jeans but the belt loops are all in the wrong place. LOL
Posted By: viking Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Just be glad y’all don’t have to wear FR’s or fire resistant.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
What the hell, nobody reprezintin Banana Republic up in here?
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
What the hell, nobody reprezintin Banana Republic up in here?

You gots any pics of you sporting the Freddie Mercury collection?

Posted By: gregintenn Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by cisco1
DG.... Diamond Gusset made in Texas...I think.
They are made in Tennessee.

I used to wear CE Schmidt from Tractor Supply. They quit selling them. Now I wear Wranglers, Duluth, or whatever the wife finds at a yard sale or Goodwill.
Posted By: MAC Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
WTF would you support Levis? They are ultra woke and hedquartered in San Fran. Buy Wranglers.
Posted By: Beoceorl Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Duluth , best I've ever worn.

Same here. Their products are pricey, but they are high quality. I wait for sales, and end up paying 30%-50% off (and sometimes more).
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
I usually wear sweatpants.

Posted By: Dutch Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Wranglers, and I’ve gone to buying them direct from them. There is a mind numbing variety of colors shapes and WEIGHTS of denim on their sights. Just because your retailer has switched to a lighter weight jean doesn’t mean they aren’t available anymore.

I buy the loose fit original denim color in a heavy weight, five at a time, and they last a couple of years. The lighter weight or pre washed jeans last about half the time.
Posted By: blindshooter Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Lee
7 belt loops that stay attached. The gun belt will kill Levis in just a few hours and they have 2 fewer loops. Not to mention their politics.
Posted By: Riverc Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
I buy Wrangle Jeans at Walmart been doing so for years with no complaints.
Posted By: Axtell Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
I like Wranglers as first choice, but the cell phones are now big enough that it doesn't fit comfortable in the front pocket, so you have to remove it to sit down.

Their pockets need to be deeper by an inch or a bit more.

Usually buy two pair at a time , last time took one pair back.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
I like Wrangler’s too. I like the elastic waistband. I’m in between 34 - and 36 .
Posted By: Troutcreeks Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
https://www.prisonblues.net/
Posted By: JPro Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
I generally buy some sort of Wranglers for work and "decent jeans". Like others say, the styles and cut changes all the time, so I try them on at the store before buying. I don't mind some stretch in them, but they won't last as long. For "chore pants" I'll buy whatever fits from Tractor Supply, generally Blue Mountain loose canvas khakis and carpenter pants for about $15. Either that or surplus BDU pants.
Posted By: papat Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Not hard on jeans anymore so the Blue Mountain jeans at Tractor Supply do me just fine. $12 usually for the ones with the pliar pockets I can put my cell phone in. When I go where they are available I like to pick up Key dungarees with the side pockets. A fashion statement I'm not.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Schaefer Ranchwear…7 belt loops….Made in Texas…cut for working men… hold up so well you’ll get tired of them. Why the hell would anybody wear imported schitt when these are available?
Originally Posted by viking
I do, wrangler still makes the standard straight cut in FR.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by cra1948
Schaefer Ranchwear…7 belt loops….Made in Texas…cut for working men… hold up so well you’ll get tired of them. Why the hell would anybody wear imported schitt when these are available?

Isn’t Shchaefer’s stuff made in El Paso? If so....Think about it.

I’m still wearing Pointer Brand jeans before they changed the name to LC King. Stuff is made in Tennessee. I even have briar pants made by them.
Posted By: EdM Re: Jeans - 05/13/22

I did for 30 years. Not an issue for me.
Posted By: byron Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Each to his own, but they couldn't run fast enough to give me a pair of Levi's.

Still buy a pair of Wrangler MWZ13's once in a while, but have mostly changed to MWZ47's. Lower rise (more comfortable) and bigger deeper pockets, and fit over my boots quite well.
Posted By: BDMF Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by Troutcreeks

Heard great things about these, tried a pair, great quality. I need to exchange them for a different size and they won't respond to calls or email. Customer service sucks.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
If they won't fade, I don't want anything to do with them.
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
I wear Levi's and they last me for several years in a 4 pair rotation.
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Jeans - 05/13/22
I buy jeans made in the USA from https://bravestarselvage.com
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
Wrangler lately
Posted By: garddogg56 Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
Wrangler cowboy cut for out and about.
Wrangler Riggs for work no more carhartts.
Posted By: roundoak Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
Originally Posted by joken2
Wore Wranglers exclusively for years but a couple of years ago they started messing with them -- shallower pockets, shorter and flimsier zipper pull tab, no more double belt loops on both sides of front, change/watch pocket so small I couldn't get two finger in it -- so after looking them over I gave Wrangler's budget brand, Rustler jeans a try. Liking them as well now as I did the old Wranglers before they changed them, plus they are a good bit cheaper, and last every bit as long as Wranglers, too. So far Rustlers still have most of what I liked and wanted that Wranglers no longer have.
This...my thoughts exactly
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
Originally Posted by garddogg56
Wrangler cowboy cut for out and about.
Wrangler Riggs for work no more carhartts.

Was in a tractor supply today.....wranglers were $43.
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
Anything that fits from Gabe's . Except the brands that donate to immoral causes.

I have an old pair that probably cost $15 but increased in value since the knees wore through. As soon as I get motivated enough I plan to rip the seams, make a pattern from them and use my own mil spec NYCO camo.
It'll be versatile working on trees, hunting or town. Just glad that I live where camo is always in style like blue jeans.
Posted By: Houser52 Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
Wrangler rip stop cargo pants from Walmart for me. I gave up on denim years ago. When you sweat they grow 2-3 sizes and heavy like a wet quilt.
Wrangler cargos are lightweight, comfortable, normal man size hands can fit in the front pockets, fairly tough and not too expensive. If I rip a hole while working on barbed wire fences or working cattle I just iron on a patch and good as new.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
OshKosh B'gosh Overalls!
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

Yep.
Posted By: Geno67 Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
The pockets are too small to fit a snub .38. I don't even own any dungarees now.
Posted By: Lonny Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
For work, Wild Ass double front or Carhartt with the same.
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
Those Duluth Firehose stretchy jeans/pantaloons seem to be pretty good.
I lost a $h!tload of weight and need to buy a few pair. I'm just weary of
what they are gonna cost.
Before I retired, I wore khaki cargo pants made by Wrangler. They seemed
to last longer than jeans and I liked the pocket for my cell phone.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
Originally Posted by EdM

I did for 30 years. Not an issue for me.
Same and we doubled up, yellow over blue nomex uni pants for wildland fires. Long sleeve cotton tee under the yellow jacket. It could make for some long days.
Posted By: Crappie_Killer Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
Wrangler Riggs wear is what I’m moving to for work jeans.

Levi’s suck, Carhart has went downhill in my opinion. Used to buy the Redhead brand from Bass Pro every year on Black Friday, like $10 a pair when I still worked the shop floor. If they got oil/paint on them so be it. Wife brought home a couple pair of the fancy Ariat (sp?) with the butt bling for when she parades me around as her Trophy Husband. They are comfortable but wouldn’t hold up a month in a work environment.
Posted By: viking Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
The thing about FR’s is the cost. If your company buys them no problem (mine does), they are around $70 or more the last time I got some. Probably closer to $100 now.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
There are several companies making jeans now with a stretch fabric. Most are 98% cotton and 2% elastane. I've found the $24 Levi's version at Walmart to be as good as any. Be aware that they are made in several cuts including a skinny jean. But they also have boot cut, and relaxed. The athletic cut fits me best.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Levi-s-Men-s-541-Athletic-Fit-Jeans/319926098?athbdg=L1400

Wrangler and others make something similar. I'll never go back to 100% cotton jeans after wearing these.

Sams Club sells Levi's 505's with the same stretchy fabric.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/levis-mens-505-regular-fit-jean/prod22990354
Posted By: smokepole Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
I also like the Carhartt dungarees with the cell phone pocket on the right leg.

Dungarees, there's a word you don't hear much anymore.
Posted By: ReedsRebel Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
After the Carhart deal I started looking for a new brand. Bought 3 different kinds. The Levis split down the crotch like the 3rd time I tried to put them on. It was a 10-12” rip I couldn’t believe it. They ripped as easy as a piece of toilet paper. The wranglers are my favorite. Big front pockets and comfortable.
Posted By: Distridr Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
The only pants I have are Wrangler 13MWZ and 47MWZ. Half a dozen pairs of blue in various stages of wear / fade and a couple pairs of black for messy jobs.

For playing dress up, the GF makes me wear a pair of black Silver Editions.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
I also like the Carhartt dungarees with the cell phone pocket on the right leg.

Dungarees, there's a word you don't hear much anymore.

Thankfully.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
The thing about FR’s is the cost. If your company buys them no problem (mine does), they are around $70 or more the last time I got some. Probably closer to $100 now.

Big deal.
You are buying fire retardant clothing to protect yourself from
horrible pain or death. And it's speciality stuff, so, $$.

Have you priced some of these jeans recommended here?
Every time there is a jean thread, every ad for
American made jeans, I investigate. As a factory worker, there
is a strong desire to support my fellow Americans.

Then I see the price.
Over a hundred bucks for a pair of (what used to be) common blue jeans!

Who really pays that to wear them where they are going to actually work?
As in get greasy, snagged, tore...?

Considering all that, FR stuff is a bargin!
Posted By: slumlord Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
Guatemalan children make the best jeans.
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
'nother vote for Duluth jeans.

I like the slim fit stretch the best.

Nice deep pockets for lots of "stuff"

Virgil B.
Posted By: Oldidaho Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
Originally Posted by roundoak
Originally Posted by joken2
This...my thoughts exactly

Yep, plus 1. Get about three pairs of Rustlers for the price of one pair of 13MWZ Wranglers.
Posted By: LJBass Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
It was a quick question, I expected several answers, 1) Levi's are commie 2) Wranglers are the next choice 3) Duluth is worth the money 4) Carhartt is also Woke...
2 things I didn't expect, I wear a lot of Dickies work wear and didn't even know they made jeans that aren't carpenter style. And 2nd and most importantly that a thread about jeans on the campfire could go 5 pages without spiraling into a flurry of pictures of women in painted on blue jeans.... Old boys are slipping.
Posted By: miguel Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
How do you go about weaving them into fabric?
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Jeans - 05/14/22
Originally Posted by miguel
How do you go about weaving them into fabric?

Ed Gein wrote a tutorial.
© 24hourcampfire