Home
Posted By: steve4102 Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
Elon Musk announced early Friday morning that his bid to purchase Twitter is on hold pending more information about how many accounts on the platforms are bots.

Twitter deal temporarily on hold pending details supporting calculation that spam/fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5% of users,”
Musk tweeted.
Posted By: WTM45 Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
Pull back the curtain....
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
Sounds like the Twitter execs. lied about how many Bot (fake) accounts they actually use.

Since this announcement by Musk, Twitter stock has dropped another 24%.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
This gets gooder and gooder.
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by local_dirt

How's this good? If this deal doesn't go through, they will just keep doing business as usual.....
Originally Posted by Nebraska

How's this good? If this deal doesn't go through, they will just keep doing business as usual.....

Wasn't talking about "the deal". Was talking about the bulschit media spin doctors.
Posted By: JPro Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
Bet he still buys it, but he's forcing them to tell the truth to the world before he does.
Posted By: Teal Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
He's repricing the sale....
Originally Posted by Nebraska

Duno, but if they lied, that’s bad right, is that “criminal, fraudulent” ?
…and now the stock is heading for the [bleep], Will Musk get a better deal, or can this lead to a complete dismantling and shutdown of Twitter?
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
Yup he will continue to drive down purchase price.
Posted By: kingston Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by Teal

^^^This^^^
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
Repricing the sale and pulling back the curtains hiding the board and management’s fraud. If there’s a huge percentage of bots and the board and management knew that then regardless of the deal with Musk they’ve been committing securities fraud. It will also call into question the other social media companies.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
Originally Posted by steve4102
Elon Musk announced early Friday morning that his bid to purchase Twitter is on hold pending more information about how many accounts on the platforms are bots.

Twitter deal temporarily on hold pending details supporting calculation that spam/fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5% of users,”
Musk tweeted.

Might be the only site on the web that has more bots and trolls than here... grin
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Repricing the sale and pulling back the curtains hiding the board and management’s fraud. If there’s a huge percentage of bots and the board and management knew that then regardless of the deal with Musk they’ve been committing securities fraud. It will also call into question the other social media companies.
Let’s hope.

The question remains however, what will our Justice System do about it?
Maybe Musk should buy the Fire and clean it up as well.
Let’s hope.

The question remains however, what will our Justice System do about it?

Justice System? Silly bird.

Lol.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
Relying on Musk's statements today and trying to figure out what his positions will be a few days from now is a fool's game.
Posted By: Teal Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
He's gonna get it for like 35b instead of 44b.
Posted By: grouseman Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
It's like buying a car from a supposedly reputable dealer. They say low miles, excellent condition, worth every penny - so you agree to their asking price, pending a vehicle inspection.

Now you find the engine has no compression, the brakes are shot, the transmission is burnt, the interior is full of mold. All their lies are exposed and their reputation is now in the toilet. You can either walk away or lower your offer. Either way, the dealer has been exposed as a liar and a fraud.

Now Twitter shares are tanking. Elon can either walk away, or keep peeling back the layers during his due diligence assessment and see what else he exposes.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22

What's happening is a normal part of "discovery" during the "due diligence" process. Deal might fall apart but i doubt it. Price can get adjusted up or down. In my case I reorted a new development that caused the buyer to pay me several percent more than had been agreed.
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
What is hilarious is it’s like the joke of the guy at the bar asking a woman if she’d sleep with him for a million dollars. She say’s yes and he comes back with how about ten dollars ? She say’s what? You think I’m a whore ? He’s say’s we’ve already established you’re a whore now we’re just negotiating the price. Elon has established Twitter is a whore…:)
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
It's possible. Twitter stalled too long and the market crashed. Their stock is probably worth a lot less than when Musk made his initial offer.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22

Yep. He has them hostage at the table. Who thinks he'll get the price lowered to ~36 billion??
Due diligence. It's a thing.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
Musk wants Twitter and wants to fix it. Can’t do that if the deal fails.

He’s exposing the shïtbirds for what they are, and reworking the price, IMO.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
This^^
Posted By: KFWA Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/13/22
its a legit question if he is proposing monetizing tweets in an effort to increase revenue.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/14/22
Where else have I heard "The Art of the Deal" ?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/14/22
Why The Bots Matter
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/14/22
Lesson Learned: Trolls and Bots drastically reduce the value of your website. grin
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/14/22
What is hilarious is it’s like the joke of the guy at the bar asking a woman if she’d sleep with him for a million dollars. She say’s yes and he comes back with how about ten dollars ? She say’s what? You think I’m a whore ? He’s say’s we’ve already established you’re a whore now we’re just negotiating the price. Elon has established Twitter is a whore…:)

This. Hes fixing to destroy them for the charletons they are.

Withdraw any bid and watch the stockholders sue the hell out of the directors for lying about its number users of users and watch it go under.

Maybe get bought for a pittance by Trumps Truth Social.

Its been said not to screw with the Honey Badger.

He hits back 10 times harder.

We are going to find out there arent nearly as many Woke blokes supporting Antifa and BLM and CRT and kids sex grooming as we thought there were.

There is a Q drop saying FB and Twit will go.under or become Public Utilities.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Where else have I heard "The Art of the Deal" ?

Bingo.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Lesson Learned: Trolls and Bots drastically reduce the value of your website. grin

Yep. whistle

Well, someone sees what Musk is doing and is hitting him back.

How much has his Bitcoin stock value declined.

Another big Crypto hit will come when Binance crap hits the fan, probably this fall.

Maybe we can buy Bitcoin for 7000 before this is over.

How low will the Bolshes Bank of America and others go? Lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut.
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/14/22

I believe you’re right Teal
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/14/22
I read that if Musk backs out now he is subjected to a Billion Dollar “ Breakup Fee”, whatever that is.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/14/22
Knowing him, he already knows the answer and is just forcing current scum in charge to admit the truth so folks know how twitter has manipulated the "truth".
Posted By: g5m Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/14/22
Just finding out how much the books are cooked.
Posted By: pal Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/14/22
Originally Posted by ironbender

Excellent article.
Posted By: Teal Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/14/22
I read that if Musk backs out now he is subjected to a Billion Dollar “ Breakup Fee”, whatever that is.

Not if he was misled. That 5% bot ask is trying to see if he was misled or not.

If so, bail, save your cash, Twitter stock goes to 17 bucks.
If so, stay, re-price and get it a lot cheaper.

If not - he's exactly where he was at the start. Nothing lost.

And his number was from Twitter's public SEC filings so it's not arbitrary- either you're telling the truth which is great or you're lying to me and the SEC and that means I get it cheap or it disappears.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/14/22
Maybe Musk should buy the Fire and clean it up as well.
Shouldn't you be busy digging up depressing articles that make everyone here want to suck start a glock or jump off a cliff?
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/14/22
I hope he walks away and causes all the people who own that commie stock to lose millions.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Twitter Deal is On Hold - 05/14/22
... And his number was from Twitter's public SEC filings so it's not arbitrary- either you're telling the truth which is great or you're lying to me and the SEC and that means I get it cheap or it disappears.
THIS ^^^^^^ is where Musk gets them by the short hairs... Either the FB board agrees to re-negotiate the price with Musk, or, Musk publicly shows that they knowingly and intentionally lied to the SEC, which is a BFD...
© 24hourcampfire