Home
Should Christians respect other religions?

This isn't a question as to whether or not believers should have compassion on the lost. It's a question about the various religions that are contrary to the God of the Bible.

[video:youtube]https://youtube.com/shorts/JNUNjFnaxg4[/video]
Good god, but you're a dumfug.
Hahaha!
We should probably start with "should Christians respect 'you' "?
I'll start......no.
Western Christianity hasn't done the world many favors.
K9s still upset that I don't worship police dogs and respect his authoritah.

Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
K9s still upset that I don't worship police dogs and respect his authoritah.

Love to see a 70 lb GSD hanging off of your bingo wing.
Fugging retard.
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Watered down Christianity probably hasn’t but solid fundamentalist Christian beliefs are the building blocks of most of what’s shaped the Western world. Most of today’s problems are the product of a lack of Christian social norms not a product of them.

Put another way. As we’ve moved towards being a mostly secular society do you believe that American society has become increasingly better or worse off?
I respect SOME other religions except JEWS
I went to an Episcopalian parochial school for 6 years where there was a mix of kids from all walks of life. I was taught to respect others beliefs as I would like them to respect mine. It has worked well for me in many aspects in life other than religion. One did not have to agree or accept another's belief but as long as it wasn't directly injurious to others, giving a little respect never caused me lasting harm.
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
I went to an Episcopalian parochial school for 6 years where there was a mix of kids from all walks of life. I was taught to respect others beliefs as I would like them to respect mine. It has worked well for me in many aspects in life other than religion. One did not have to agree or accept another's belief but as long as it wasn't directly injurious to others, giving a little respect never caused me lasting harm.
That pretty well sums it up IMO.
As for me, and my house, we will serve the Lord,
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Watered down Christianity probably hasn’t but solid fundamentalist Christian beliefs are the building blocks of most of what’s shaped the Western world. Most of today’s problems are the product of a lack of Christian social norms not a product of them.

Put another way. As we’ve moved towards being a mostly secular society do you believe that American society has become increasingly better or worse off?
Well put.
HC.

You have openly savaged other Christians in your posts Over the last year. Maybe you could work on that before posting about respect for other religions.

Your admonitions are quite hollow. Hollow to the point that you cast no shadow here.
Yeah....it just gave us most of Western Civilization, its laws, civility, and work ethic. Not near as good as Islam or paganism..........

Materially better, morally worse.
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
I can respect others too without even knowing their religion.
The video in the link I'm pretty sure is less than one minute.
It poses a perspective that I think is a biblical one. Many cultures are not nearly as inclusive as American cultures.
K9s still upset that I don't worship police dogs.......

No, it's just that he thinks you're an asshòle.
IZH,

What you call "savage" is simply responding to the massive attacks from your ilk. You would love nothing more than for this Bible believing Christian to go into this battlefield unarmed. If you don't want to be "savaged" as you put it, then maybe you should learn to not throw unsubstantiated and baseless accusations.
Originally Posted by smokepole
K9s still upset that I don't worship police dogs.......

No, it's just that he thinks you're an asshòle.
What makes you think that his opinion matters to me?
I guess it's because you appropriately call yourself a smoke pole.

Back to topic at hand. Lol.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
As for me, and my house, we will serve the Lord,
Concise and true to the point.
I think it's time to go fish'n....
Y'all catch'n anything up your way?
Nobody respects you HC, most follks here don't care about queerz and dick sukkers.
I'd like to believe that all well behaved Hindu, Buddhist, Shintos, Christians, or whatever get a pass.
Originally Posted by 1minute
I'd like to believe that all well behaved Hindu, Buddhist, Shintos, Christians, or whatever get a pass.
The Bible tells me different. The Lord can claim anybody he wants from anyplace, but the teachings he left Christians says Jesus Christ is the only way. Who do I believe...new age spiritualists, or God's own word? I choose the latter.
IZH,

What you call "savage" is simply responding to the massive attacks from your ilk. You would love nothing more than for this Bible believing Christian to go into this battlefield unarmed. If you don't want to be "savaged" as you put it, then maybe you should learn to not throw unsubstantiated and baseless accusations.
That's a god damned lie.

But, you will do you.
I think we should kill all Non believers.
Your use of blasphemy of God Almighty's Name certifies the source of your false accusations IBS.
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I think it's time to go fish'n....
Y'all catch'n anything up your way?
Brother Bart,

It's late getting out to the hills to fish native Brookies. Right now I'm focused on getting the garden in since frost has likely over. Thanks for the reminder. I should go to the nearby river for catch and release.

As for the fishing for the Lord, Matthew 4:19, a man who was into black magic his adult life got saved. Definitely an answer to prayer. He has a pretty interesting testimony.

I see you're from Texas. What's fishing like down there?
Your use of blasphemy of God Almighty's Name certifies the source of your false accusations IBS.
Peeker.

lyin' SOB.
Which other "religions" might you mean - or all of them - and how does your question define a religion?

The most simple concept is that a "religion" is a church/group dogma - statement of beliefs and related practices - and how would a Christian person go about showing respect for a dogma? Silence about it? Praise it? Ignore it? Almost anything except criticize it? Would that be respect?

OK, if you haven't thought to define "religion" or how one would show "respect" for same, would avoiding disrespectful comment/behavior be considered "respect?"

if your intent was to ask about possibly showing respect for the persons who follow and practice a different dogma, and who work to propagate it, that is a different matter.
Take a minute to listen to the link and it will answer those questions quicker than I can. I think it will clarify the title.

I finally got done with the sewing project for my arbor wraps tomorrow morning.
Good night.
Originally Posted by reivertom
The Bible tells me different. The Lord can claim anybody he wants from anyplace, but the teachings he left Christians says Jesus Christ is the only way. Who do I believe...new age spiritualists, or God's own word? I choose the latter.

+1
IZH,

This response is a prime example. I am a Christian. In the past I’ve done nothing more than ask critical questions about your views and challenge what I see as error. I’ve seen other Christian’s do the same. For our troubles to engage you in true conversation we were called reprobates, ignored and slandered just as you did in your response.

I read through the position of your church in the what we believe section on the website. I read through your roll as pastor in that church. What I read there and what I see you about on this website brings up a lot of concern.
Originally Posted by IZH27
I read through the position of your church in the what we believe section on the website. I read through your roll as pastor in that church. What I read there and what I see you about on this website brings up a lot of concern.

Does his NAMBLA membership bother you?
A rabbi who ‘speaks to Christians’ condemned them on Twitter.

https://www.jta.org/2022/05/13/unit...mned-them-on-twitter-it-cost-him-his-job

All of which made a series of posts from Harvey’s Twitter account last week, in the immediate aftermath of the leaked draft of a Supreme Court ruling that would overturn Roe v. Wade, so surprising.

“Time to go to war,” one begins. “For our mothers, sisters and daughters. We will not stand idly by and allow a group of white Christians to turn America into the Dark Ages again. Not this time.”

Another sent that same night, which Harvey said he didn’t write, was even more explicit.

“F–k Christians and their neverending imperialistic, nationalistic, fascistic patriarchy that puts peoples lives at risks [sic] and doesn’t give a s–-t what anyone or science says,” it reads, with the profanities unedited. “Shame on all who hold the cross. 2,000 years of your genocide continues tonight.”
The feeling of freedom that this guy feels he has to condemn people makes me think of the loonies from “Westboro Church”.

A Lil Sumpin ain’t right here.
Originally Posted by BCBH
A rabbi who ‘speaks to Christians’ condemned them on Twitter.

https://www.jta.org/2022/05/13/unit...mned-them-on-twitter-it-cost-him-his-job

All of which made a series of posts from Harvey’s Twitter account last week, in the immediate aftermath of the leaked draft of a Supreme Court ruling that would overturn Roe v. Wade, so surprising.

“Time to go to war,” one begins. “For our mothers, sisters and daughters. We will not stand idly by and allow a group of white Christians to turn America into the Dark Ages again. Not this time.”

Another sent that same night, which Harvey said he didn’t write, was even more explicit.

“F–k Christians and their neverending imperialistic, nationalistic, fascistic patriarchy that puts peoples lives at risks [sic] and doesn’t give a s–-t what anyone or science says,” it reads, with the profanities unedited. “Shame on all who hold the cross. 2,000 years of your genocide continues tonight.”
Thanks Jews.
I respect everyone, but, there is only one way to get to Heaven.
Every single one of the thousands of religions that exist or have existed insisted - sometimes on pain of death - that it was the one and only true religion. Christians are no different. And are no more correct about it, either.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Every single one of the thousands of religions that exist or have existed insisted - sometimes on pain of death - that it was the one and only true religion. Christians are no different. And are no more correct about it, either.
Rocky,
Do you believe in a creator? I can see in your posts that you don’t like religion, but religion can be a separate discussion.

I guess I should have described it as fractured, fragmented and scattered western Christianity where any jackass with a bible under their arm can call themselves a "preacher" and that constantly has to reinvent itself to attract people hasn't done the world many favors.

Can't argue about the building blocks of society and the Bible talks about evil people becoming worse. The more secular we become, the less that evil is kept in check.
How much good was done with tightly structured and tightly controlled Christianity…?
This
Originally Posted by antlers
How much good was done with tightly structured and tightly controlled Christianity…?

No more or less than was done with loosely controlled Christianity. That’s simply a matter of studying history.
We should encourage disrespect for other religions because we haven't had enough wars.
Paul says to deal with those 'outside' with grace and compassion........

As Saul he tried to stop the church by jailing and killing members, with the approval and support of 'the temple'........ he did not do that to any after he became a part of the church........

It is not the 'job' of a Christian to change or stop others from anything..........
No more or less than was done with loosely controlled Christianity. That’s simply a matter of studying history.
They're likely a great many millions that would disagree with you. Especially those who lived under the rigid control of a tightly structured and tightly controlled Christianity.

History shows that for a great many years…like for 1200 years…the church dominated almost every aspect of life where tightly structured and tightly controlled Christianity existed. Going to church then wasn’t voluntary (neither was tithing), people were forced to go to church (and forced to tithe), it was mandatory.

The church condoned feudalism...a kind of institutionalized slavery...where the subjugated peasantry did all of the hard labor. For this 90% of the population life was pretty miserable. Most kids died before adulthood, punishments for the poor were very harsh, people worked the land hoping only to survive another season...or another day. Life for the vast majority was a dreary existence.

The peasants were pretty much worked to death, and they dedicated generations of their resources…had them taken away from em’…to build huge awe inspiring cathedrals with stained glass, statues, pulpits, and guilted altarpieces...and the faithful masses paid the price for all of it. You can still see much of it to this day. Once a week these illiterate peasants would walk into these churches and be told what to believe. If they questioned any of it, or believed the wrong thing, they could be excommunicated (damned to hell) or even be executed.

Tightly structured and tightly controlled Christianity…? I’ll pass.
RR: I see you live in Northern Utah. Are you Mormon? If not how did you end up there? My father worked for Thiokol and we lived up there in the Tremonton/Garland area for 5 years. Mormons weren't very appreciative of non-Mormons then (1960s). I notice SLC is being populated more and more by gentiles.
Originally Posted by reivertom
There are billions of Asians and pre-contact American and sub-Saharan African natives that never got to hear about Moses and Jesus or the God of Israel. Is your God so unjust that He consigns them to the fire? Maybe they are all being reincarnated and given a chance? Maybe their religion or innate morality was enough?
Camper doesn’t even go to church. He’s too fat to exit his trailer.
No!
I can respect people/ religions.
Doesnt mean I trust em.

Most people suck, doesnt matter what flag they live under or if they worship or not.
Organized religion aint perfect, but overall a positive social effect.

Look at the non Christian......

Antifa, BLM and Disney
I am Catholic, so our faith is followed dilgently..
I have problems with evangelizing forcefully to those around us.
Most evangelizing sounds empty and egotistical to me.
I try to provide an example to others by my actions rather than debate,
I have read extensively about Muslim, Jewish Hinduism etc. , some of it is enlightening but doesn't offer the Peace of Christianity, imo.
There is far to much hatred and judgement around us these day. We are told not to judge others, so lead by example
Its the old my god is better than your god exercise.
Originally Posted by comerade
There are gonna be some 'christians' here who don't think you belong in the same category as them.
Not to be difficult, but I definitely question the accuracy of your sweeping first statement. It is the basis of your post. Would you care to provide clear data proving what you have claimed?
Pretty much all religions have the same goal....control/conformity.

And pretty much all religions leverage fear of the unknown, to that end.

This isn't a question as to whether or not believers should have compassion on the lost. It's a question about the various religions that are contrary to the God of the Bible.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Take a minute to listen to the link and it will answer those questions quicker than I can. I think it will clarify the title. I finally got done with the sewing project for my arbor wraps tomorrow morning. Good night.
You declined to answer my very clear inquiry - apparently went to bed instead. It is morning, so why not try? Given experience here, only a fool would go to one of your links after you failed to answer a simple question.

Crapper, could you please just give it a rest?
I have problems with evangelizing forcefully to those around us.
Most evangelizing sounds empty and egotistical to me.
I try to provide an example to others by my actions rather than debate,
I have read extensively about Muslim, Jewish Hinduism etc. , some of it is enlightening but doesn't offer the Peace of Christianity, imo.
There is far to much hatred and judgement around us these day. We are told not to judge others, so lead by example

This^^^^^.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

And pretty much all religions have guys like HC, in it for the money.
Originally Posted by NH K9
There are gonna be some 'christians' here who don't think you belong in the same category as them.
Who????

Oh... the Catholic Apostate Billy/Crappy Hamster for one.....

Ya turn ya burn.............

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

^^^^^ this
They're likely a great many millions that would disagree with you. Especially those who lived under the rigid control of a tightly structured and tightly controlled Christianity.

History shows that for a great many years…like for 1200 years…the church dominated almost every aspect of life where tightly structured and tightly controlled Christianity existed. Going to church then wasn’t voluntary (neither was tithing), people were forced to go to church (and forced to tithe), it was mandatory.

The church condoned feudalism...a kind of institutionalized slavery...where the subjugated peasantry did all of the hard labor. For this 90% of the population life was pretty miserable. Most kids died before adulthood, punishments for the poor were very harsh, people worked the land hoping only to survive another season...or another day. Life for the vast majority was a dreary existence.

The peasants were pretty much worked to death, and they dedicated generations of their resources…had them taken away from em’…to build huge awe inspiring cathedrals with stained glass, statues, pulpits, and guilted altarpieces...and the faithful masses paid the price for all of it. You can still see much of it to this day. Once a week these illiterate peasants would walk into these churches and be told what to believe. If they questioned any of it, or believed the wrong thing, they could be excommunicated (damned to hell) or even be executed.

Tightly structured and tightly controlled Christianity…? I’ll pass.

I appreciate your view but it appears to be limited to the Roman church. There has always been organization in the church. Taking the or a worst example to make the argument really doesn’t do the discussion justice. There have been good and bad organizations. They are full of sinful men just as every man who self interprets is sinful also with a heart that is full of deceit. The organization and the individual are all subject to the same bag of sinful flesh and make the exact same errors.
HC

Are you Bill Stallings?
HC

Are you Bill Stallings?

🤣🤣🤣

I firmly believe that Happy Camper would have jumped at the chance to be on Thomas de Torquemada's team.
Originally Posted by Tarquin

Crapper, could you please just give it a rest?

A couple of Biden supporters. How quaint and gay of you two.
HC

Are you Bill Stallings?

Fred Phelps's less-charismatic twin?
Originally Posted by Sauer200
I firmly believe that Happy Camper would have jumped at the chance to be on Thomas de Torquemada's team.
You got that right. He would have tried to take charge of it.
Originally Posted by smokepole

And pretty much all religions have guys like HC, in it for the money.

Money is not the only motivation for some people to misuse religion.
I appreciate your view but it appears to be limited to the Roman church. There has always been organization in the church. Taking the or a worst example to make the argument really doesn’t do the discussion justice. There have been good and bad organizations. They are full of sinful men just as every man who self interprets is sinful also with a heart that is full of deceit. The organization and the individual are all subject to the same bag of sinful flesh and make the exact same errors.
The Roman church was pretty much the only game in town for over 1200 years of Christianity, and they were the epitome of ‘organized religion’. Some would say that referring to over 60% of the 2000 year history of the church absolutely does do the discussion justice.

Many guys on this board have repeatedly voiced their opinion about the ills of organized religion even nowadays on these threads…especially the control and money aspect…believers and non-believers, churched and unchurched alike. There’s a reason for that.

If believers truly are individually part of a kingdom of priests, and if believers truly can have an individual one on one relationship with Jesus, and if the same powerful Spirit of God that raised Jesus from the dead truly dwells within each individual believer and guides them into all the truth, then why on earth would any believer limit themselves to only believing what they are told to believe by organized Christianity…?
Muslims practicing islam want power and control of the people. They hate Americans, the Constitution, and the USA. They are enemies and traitors. Their agendas do not allow the Constitution to exist. There is no place in the Constitution or the USA for sharia law. They believe in the normalization of unethical and immoral behavior. They should not be allowed in our government any where. Islam is a cult, a way of life, it requires you convert to islam or die. No other options exist for the faithful. We do not need any one in the government who is not supporting Americans.
Originally Posted by plumbum
HC

Are you Bill Stallings?
Fred Phelps's less-charismatic twin?
Ain’t that the truth. I happened to live in Kansas when the Phelps circus was in operation. As demented as the unhappy noncamper.
I just mind my own business. I won’t judge you. Don’t you judge me. The end.

Well what did Jesus say and do about them?

He was kind to the Samaritan woman, despite their religious differences.

I have an idea 💡 let's act as he did.

He also told us to love one another as we would be loved. How do you want others to treat you and your religion?

We are told not to be idolators, but He did not waste time "disrespecting" them so why would you?

And that is a common theme in this thread, what is underlying your inquiry?

I suspect you are looking for heavenly permission to be a self-rigjteous jerk. Lots of Christians have done so, you will not be the first by a long shot.

Every person you dissuade from Christianity is a disservice to our Lord.

He also told us to love one another as we would be loved. How do you want others to treat you and your religion?

We are told not to be idolators, but He did not waste time "disrespecting" them so why would you?

I suspect you are looking for heavenly permission to be a self-rigjteous jerk. Lots of Christians have done so, you will not be the first by a long shot.

Great post!
As long as it causes no problems, division, conflict, each to their own. Believe whatever floats your boat....truth is another matter.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Muslims practicing islam want power and control of the people. They hate Americans, the Constitution, and the USA. They are enemies and traitors. Their agendas do not allow the Constitution to exist. There is no place in the Constitution or the USA for sharia law. They believe in the normalization of unethical and immoral behavior. They should not be allowed in our government any where. Islam is a cult, a way of life, it requires you convert to islam or die. No other options exist for the faithful. We do not need any one in the government who is not supporting Americans.
What about the first amendment? You are getting on dangerous ground. The Supreme Court decisions removing religion from government entities including schools was a wonderful thing. Christian history is just as bad or worse than Islam is today. Any religion given civil and political power leads to disaster. Always has.
Originally Posted by d500lnn
I just mind my own business. I won’t judge you. Don’t you judge me. The end.

From Bro. Cody

Unlike the TV preachers of mega churches that I get accused of being, I'm Not in a popularity contest.
I get absolutely No donations or money from any source here. What I offered has been given freely. It is by heavenly permission and by command. Some don't like it, but that's their call........and yours.

The gospel of John will be a good place to start reading the Bible.
Here's a section that you made a passing comment about.

John chapter 4

"Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

You might not think He was being very polite, perhaps even rude to tell that Samaritan woman that she did Not know God.

"Ye worship ye know not what."

Did Jesus respect her religion that was sending her and her people to Hell?
What did Jesus say that God requires?

"they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

He could have been like the liberal pastors and their followers like this forum is full of in large part. Certainly many of the vocal ones. They don't like the exclusive nature of God, His Word and His Only Way of escaping the fire they are condemned to. It might seem heartless of me, but I make that way clear as can be. It's too important than to be wrong on this point.

Jesus is THE Truth Who is exclusive of all other false christs. The Moonies got mad at me because they teach that Jesus, Buddha, Moses, SunYung Moon, and half a dozen others are reincarnated equals.
The Hindus, however worship all kinds of demons that teach them that damnable heresy. Demons want humanity in that place prepared for them. Buddhists worship devils. I have no respect for devil's or their religions.
I CARE enough to tell Hindus and you that that is a lie.
Jesus condemned idolaters over and over and over again.
Read the Bible just once from cover to cover and you might understand that Truth and believe on Him.

He showed kindness to the woman in spite of religious differences mostly by telling her that she did Not know God and that He Himself was the promised Messiah. He did Not compliment her religion did He?
Did you know that God actually killed idolators?

He proved that He was the Messiah Who was prophesied by bringing up her shameful past and present.
Who could know that she was married 5 times, point that out to her and her sin of adultery at the present moment but God Himself?
You may think that rude of God and disrespectful, but only God in the flesh could have known those details of her life.

"Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.

17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:

18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

She was ALREADY CONDEMNED. She was ONLY SAVED BY BELIEVING EXCLUSIVELY ON JESUS THE MESSIAH/CHRIST.

That is what you must do as well plumbum.

You say that I am self righteous, but you are absolutely wrong. There is NONE righteous, No Not one.
Righteousness is given in exchange for our wicked sins by Jesus' torturous death. He was buried and three days later He took His life back.
The gift of eternal life is offered but YOU must decide if you want it or not.
Watch the links in my signature for the free gift.

Unlike the TV preachers of mega churches that I get accused of being, I'm Not in a popularity contest.
I get absolutely No donations or money from any source here. What I offered has been given freely. It is by heavenly permission and by command. Some don't like it, but that's their call........and yours.

John chapter 4

"Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

You might not think He was being very polite, perhaps even rude to tell that Samaritan woman that she did Not know God.

He could have been like the liberal pastors and their followers like this forum is full of in large part. Certainly many of the vocal ones. They don't like the exclusive nature of God, His Word and His Only Way of escaping the fire they are condemned to. It might seem heartless of me, but I make that way clear as can be. It's too important than to be wrong on this point.

Jesus is THE Truth Who is exclusive of all other false christs. The Moonies got mad at me because they teach that Jesus, Buddha, Moses, SunYung Moon, and half a dozen others are reincarnated equals.
The Hindus, however worship all kinds of demons that teach them that damnable heresy. Demons want humanity in that place prepared for them. Buddhists worship devils. I have no respect for devil's or their religions.
Read the Bible just once from cover to cover and you might understand that Truth and believe on Him.

He showed kindness to the woman in spite of religious differences mostly by telling her that she did Not know God and that He Himself was the promised Messiah. He did Not compliment her religion did He?

He proved that He was the Messiah Who was prophesied by bringing up her shameful past and present.
Who could know that she was married 5 times, point that out to her and her sin of adultery at the present moment but God Himself?
You may think that rude of God and disrespectful, but only God in the flesh could have known those details of her life.

17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:

18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

She was ALREADY CONDEMNED. She was ONLY SAVED BY BELIEVING EXCLUSIVELY ON JESUS THE MESSIAH/CHRIST.

You say that I am self righteous, but you are absolutely wrong. There is NONE righteous, No Not one.
Righteousness is given in exchange for our wicked sins by Jesus' torturous death. He was buried and three days later He took His life back.

Whatever, Fred Phelps.
John Chau wanted to give the good word to the natives of North Sentinel island, but their response was a firm no thanks.

John chapter 4

"...He that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."
John 3:36
My belief is that Christians should let everyone make up their own minds, Just as God gave us free will. He could just as easily made us to where we did not have a choice, but did not. Not saying they should not point the way to others, but don't be obnoxious about it. It should work the same way with non Christians and their tolerance with Christians. miles
The United States Constitution says they should.
Originally Posted by milespatton
My belief is that Christians should let everyone make up their own minds, Just as God gave us free will. He could just as easily made us to where we did not have a choice, but did not. Not saying they should not point the way to others, but don't be obnoxious about it. It should work the same way with non Christians and their tolerance with Christians. miles
Yes - what can be gained - ever - by trying to denigrate, condemn or interfere with the religious beliefs/practices of one who worships outside Christianity. It is one thing to explain and defend one's beliefs in discussion - it is something else to attack/condemn another one. If a "religious" outfit is harming people or breaking laws, it is a matter for LE.

I need to do my best to exemplify Christian life, and that always needs improvement. If a person shows positive curiosity and/or asks about the way I live and worship, I am willing to respond and explore.
HC

If someone called the number to the church where Bill Stallings is a pastor would we be able to talk to you on the tele?
The decent thing is to be respectful of everyone. The bible says to love your enemies. So yes you should be respectful of people you don't agree with.
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
The decent thing is to be respectful of everyone. The bible says to love your enemies. So yes you should be respectful of people you don't agree with.

Bullsheit, I'm tired of people turning the other cheek and not offending anyone. What our enemies need is for someone to slap the fuqk out of em.
HC

If someone called the number to the church where Bill Stallings is a pastor would we be able to talk to you on the tele?

What's the number? Today is Sunday, surely somebody would be there. 😁
No not if you believe the scripture. You cannot worship the Lord and Ball at the same time.
Originally Posted by rainshot
No not if you believe the scripture. You cannot worship the Lord and Ball at the same time.
True. That fact offends a surprising number of people.
But I shouldn't be surprised considering the constant back and forth of the nation of Israel worshipping the devil until judgement hit them hard. Then God would raise up a deliverer to Judge and lead the nation when they finally suffered enough.
Originally Posted by mirage243
HC

What's the number? Today is Sunday, surely somebody would be there. 😁
803-377-7149
© 24hourcampfire