Home
Posted By: shaman The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
I was merrily typing away this AM when I had a bit of an itch on the back of my scalp. I scratched. It felt different. I pulled back with a hank of hair. It's coming out.

Folically Challenged: I'm joining you buddy! BTW: I don't blame the soup.

FC dropped by yesterday with his Magic Soup and a bottle of The Macallan. I know for a fact baldness is not a contagious disease, so don't try and get me started.

I'm booked for a 0915 appointment with the barber. I know that sounds really posh, but it's just state COVID rules.

I had to wake up KYHillChick and tell her she's got to ride me around. Yesterday, they put me on Tramadol for just some basic stiffness and shoulder pain. It works, but I can't operate a vehicle.

But wait Shaman! There's more!

I was a nice guy and went in to fix her a cup of coffee to get her going. While I was there, I had another itch. This time on the chin. Yep, you guessed it: the beard is falling out as well. I'll get the barber to whack that off as well.

I ordered a bald head shaver from Amazon. It'll be here tomorrow.

That beard of mine has been a constant companion since 1986. That was the year I got adult chickenpox. I couldn't dream of shaving for 9 weeks, and there could be the craters of the Moon under that forest, and I've never seen 'em. It'll be interesting to see how the scars healed.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Hang in there Sir, wishing you all the best here.
Posted By: 160user Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Baldness isn't a big deal. I have been rocking that look for years. Hang in there man, you are doing great!
Posted By: slumlord Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Propeller beanie is making a comeback ๐Ÿ˜€

Best to you, good spirits will carry you
The silver lining: if thereโ€™s any symmetry to the world, your nose and ear hair will drop out too.
Posted By: Raeford Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Been doing the self head shave for about 10 years now.

Have worked my way down to the #1 guard, wife has threatened bodily harm if I go guardless.

You got this Shaman, I mean just look at this rag-tag group praying for ya!
Posted By: BLG Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
The silver lining: if thereโ€™s any symmetry to the world, your nose and ear hair will drop out too.

That may be the only hair that remains. Ear hair seems to grow 10 times faster.

Hang in there Shaman. You are killing it. Your attitude is to be admired.

Clyde
Posted By: smokepole Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Originally Posted by slumlord

Propeller beanies are OK but flat brims are where it's at.

Hang in there, Shaman.
Posted By: dan_oz Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
My wife lost every hair, everywhere - head, eyebrows, right down to her toes when she was on chemo. She came out the far side of it though, and what with that and all the other stuff they threw at it she has been cancer free these past few years. Her hair grew back too.

I wish the same for you, especially the full recovery part.
Posted By: Ohio7x57 Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Hang in there buddy! Your good outlook and sense of humor is refreshing!

Ton
Posted By: shaman Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
I was going to ask the barber to finish off the whole thing and then give me a buff and wax. Then it hit me: me and straight razors should not mix until I'm off the blood thinners and this platelet thing figures itself out.

I just took the guard off my beard trimmer and got the whiskers trimmed back close. Dad still has a drawer of shaving equipment in his bathroom. Yeah, he's been dead for a decade, but you never know. . .

Dad had a nice electric 4-blade hand razor. All it took was a new AA cell some hand soap. I'm now staring at parts of me that I have not seen since February, 1986.

KYHillChick said that it isn't that drastic a change. She also says that her cancer-related friends say the hair grows back kinky curly. That'll be a interesting change. I was a Rick Wakeman look-alike as a young teen. I can't imagine me as Gabe Kaplan.
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Been shaving my head every other day when I shave my face for 15 or 20 years. Hair is over rated.

Keep up the good attitude.
A Rick Wakeman reference, I'm impressed. ๐Ÿ‘

It's only hair, good luck man.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
I ain't had hair since Moby Dick was a minnow! Its like grass....high maintenance sheit!
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Ah, smooth as a very large baby's butt.
Posted By: HughW Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Being air cooled on the top for a long time I would say hair is over rated and a big welcome to the club of a tanned brown beanie. It is what is inside that counts and you have tons of the good stuff.

A friend (Carolynn) that just went through chem and radiation had her hair grow back with spots of different shades -- after a bit everything came to one shade which she says is different (lighter) than her original and makes her look younger. So a pot of gold at the end of the chemical rainbow awaits.

All the best
Posted By: jjenkins Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Loss of hair one less thing to wash and comb, besides you may look fabulous. That tramadol is powerful stuff will help you get caught up on your sleep.I look forward to your daily reports and will continue to pray for your full recovery.
Posted By: pullit Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Wishing you the best
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Sometimes the only thing in life that we can control is our attitude and you got that covered nicely! Godspeed
Shaman, don't think of it as losing your hair. Think of it as gaining a Solar Sex Panel:

Posted By: WhiteFawn Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Less places for ticks to hide, eh? Stay on the sunny side!
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Shaved head and face is a lot cooler in the (Ky) summer.

Hat is a must !!! Won't take much sun on virgin skin.
One of the worst sunburns I ever had was MCRD PI.
Head Sunburn SUCKS !!

Continued best wishes.
[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]
Posted By: slumlord Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
A new man ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Welcome to the menโ€™s club of bald.

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿฆซ
Posted By: RiverRider Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Originally Posted by slumlord

Probably good advice from a man who should know.

Hang tough Senor Shaman.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Originally Posted by shaman

I like that look!
Posted By: Mac84 Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
I was merrily typing away this AM when I had a bit of an itch on the back of my scalp. I scratched. It felt different. I pulled back with a hank of hair. It's coming out.

FC dropped by yesterday with his Magic Soup and a bottle of The Macallan. I know for a fact baldness is not a contagious disease, so don't try and get me started.

I'm booked for a 0915 appointment with the barber. I know that sounds really posh, but it's just state COVID rules.

I had to wake up KYHillChick and tell her she's got to ride me around. Yesterday, they put me on Tramadol for just some basic stiffness and shoulder pain. It works, but I can't operate a vehicle.

I was a nice guy and went in to fix her a cup of coffee to get her going. While I was there, I had another itch. This time on the chin. Yep, you guessed it: the beard is falling out as well. I'll get the barber to whack that off as well.

That beard of mine has been a constant companion since 1986. That was the year I got adult chickenpox. I couldn't dream of shaving for 9 weeks, and there could be the craters of the Moon under that forest, and I've never seen 'em. It'll be interesting to see how the scars healed.

Hold fast Shaman, just not to your hair. Lol.
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Love the attitude, keep it up
Posted By: lastround Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Way to go, Shaman!
Posted By: Heeler Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Might as well shave the eyebrows while youโ€™re at it. ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿช’
Posted By: RIO7 Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
I was told the balder you get the more head you get. enjoy Rio7
Posted By: ironbender Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
You should memeify that with a before pic!
๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคฃ
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Lol the Nair Club for Men
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
The side shields are a nice touch.
Posted By: Bwana338 Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
You are doing great.

Just thinking that you are now the image of a hi speed sex machine.

Hard to grow hair on a play ground. You know the chrome dome bumping the head board.

Yup the eye brows will probably be gone in a shower or two.

Just thinking that you may be up for some dome polish to make it shine. You may want to consider carrying sun glasses to hand out to friends when you are visiting on the street, so that you do not blind them with all the glare from the reflection off the O'll Crome Dome.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Well done mate !!

I too, am a big fan, of the self inflicted baldness.

Mainly, because Deb likes it !

It does (mostly) cure my fivehead too !!
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs

Yep, had me looking for the pocket protector and slide rule......
Posted By: Valsdad Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22

Really a bummer, but you seem to be having the best attitude given the circumstances.

My beard has been around since 1980, 79 maybe. My wife, along with many others of my present day acquaintance, would have no clue what my chin looks like.

Hang in there.
Posted By: leesway2 Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Looking good, dont forget a beenie when ya start the drip back, it will be cold in there now.
Originally Posted by smokepole

The side shields are an artifact of my last job. They were required PPE.
I got so used to them, I really hadn't thought of taking them off. It makes one less thing to worry about when I go shooting.

I never had a pocket protector, but I did used to carry a glass case with a holder for two pens and my sunglasses back in the day.
Posted By: ironbender Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
I always had a pocket protector in the breast pocket of my lab coats.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/17/22
Rock that inner Kojac!! Godspeed.
Posted By: smokepole Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/18/22
Originally Posted by ironbender
I always had a pocket protector in the breast pocket of my lab coats.

They make you wear lab coats at Subway now??
Posted By: smokepole Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/18/22
Sorry Shaman, back on topic. The side shields are magnificent .
Posted By: mark shubert Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/18/22
You're joining a large club, friend!
One of Joy's nurses once patted me on the arm, saying how nice I was to shave my head in support of her.
Joy started laughing, and said "He had that look WAAAYY before I did!"
Biggest noticeable difference was - I still had eyebrows. smile
Her hair came back different each of her chemo wars. Short, soft, and kinky the second go-round.
She came out of the bathroom one morning, and said "I have a poodle on my head!" smile
Posted By: shaman Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/19/22
As promised, I am now sporting something I've always wanted to try: a monacle.

It's me. I feel like I was made for this look.

My Grandpa, Henry, used to like to sport one. He was saved from the front lines of WWI, because his head was too big to fit in a gas mask. When he died, I asked Grandma for his monacle, but it had sadly disappeared.

Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/19/22
Digging the monacle! Very cool old photo!
Posted By: smokepole Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/19/22
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Digging the monacle! Very cool old photo!

Yep, and it would be even better with a side shield, that would be Shamanic.
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/19/22
Lookin fly Shaman!
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: The Shaman Loses It - 05/19/22
Originally Posted by smokepole

The side shields are an artifact of my last job. They were required PPE.
I got so used to them, I really hadn't thought of taking them off. It makes one less thing to worry about when I go shooting.

I never had a pocket protector, but I did used to carry a glass case with a holder for two pens and my sunglasses back in the day.

And I thought it was just refraction that made the sides of your head bend in like that!!
I like the monacle though....
I cant wait for your necxt circle of recliners report when you show up with that... will you get a lap nurse???? (tune in next week to find out.)
© 24hourcampfire