Home
Posted By: persiandog let california burn - 05/17/22
The California Coastal Commission last week unanimously rejected a private company's proposal to build a desalination plant southeast of Los Angeles capable of producing 50 million gallons of freshwater a day.

The commission cited environmental and economic costs in denying the plan, ranging from sea life being killed during water intake to rising water bills and sea levels.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-panel-unanimously-quashes-desalination-181700608.html
Posted By: kwg020 Re: let california burn - 05/17/22
How stupid can some folks be ?? Right there is your answer.

kwg
Posted By: RufusG Re: let california burn - 05/17/22
If they're really worried about rising sea levels you'd think they'd be tickled pink that someone wanted to pump it all out.
Posted By: rem shooter Re: let california burn - 05/17/22
dont forget .california has not built any new dams in what?40 -50 years?and also have torn down some dams . So not only are they not damming up fresh water they are short of .But they are not producing any electricity from those dams ,they are also short on electricity ..california liberals are not very smart as they claim they are.way to go democrats
Posted By: kennyd Re: let california burn - 05/17/22
If you keep making water pretty soon there will be no dry land. That would be good for sea critters

Nuclear! If you need light turn on the faucet. Will people stay there instead if moving?

Colorado is out of water to send.
Posted By: reivertom Re: let california burn - 05/17/22
I'm still hoping for the whole state to slide into the Pacific.
Posted By: EdM Re: let california burn - 05/17/22
Glad you left Danville?
Posted By: gregintenn Re: let california burn - 05/17/22
Liberals are sometimes educated, but never intelligent.
Posted By: persiandog Re: let california burn - 05/17/22
fish farmers know how to keep their fish in and others out!
Posted By: persiandog Re: let california burn - 05/17/22
even a civil engineer doing internship at home depot isle 20 could have designed a safe for fish pumping system.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: let california burn - 05/17/22
That sounds like the same logic and reasoning which has resulted in our exorbitant fuel prices. I guess it's like anything else from the left: we just haven't done a high enough volume of what has not worked in the past.
Posted By: VinceM Re: let california burn - 05/17/22
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Yep
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: let california burn - 05/17/22
Liberals are sometimes educated indoctrinated, but never intelligent.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: let california burn - 05/17/22
Liberals are too stupid to think systemically. What about all the life that will die as the result of NOT having the water?
Posted By: Stophel Re: let california burn - 05/17/22
The problem with letting Kalifornia burn is that it smokes too many Kalifornians out..... and they go scurrying across the rest of the country like rats from a burning building.
Posted By: 700LH Re: let california burn - 05/17/22
Originally Posted by persiandog
even a civil engineer doing internship at home depot isle 20 could have designed a safe for fish pumping system.
Apperently Calitoe can't,
Stripped bass from the Feather River project made it to at least Lake Silverwood in the San Bernardino mountains
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: let california burn - 05/17/22
California deserves all the BS they get as far as water. It takes about one gallon of water to grow one almond and there are roughly 350 in a pound. So they use 350 gallons of fresh water to grow one pound that probably has a wholesale value of $4-5 tops.
You reap what you sow and in Californias water issue this is fricking stupid.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: let california burn - 05/18/22
Persiandog: It is, after all, kalifornicationkopia!
Stupid and sad to the max.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Higginez Re: let california burn - 05/18/22
Even Gavin Newsome was on board with this!

Makes me so mad!
Posted By: ltppowell Re: let california burn - 05/18/22

I beg to differ. They might be intelligent, but never sane.
Posted By: Dutch Re: let california burn - 05/18/22
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
California deserves all the BS they get as far as water. It takes about one gallon of water to grow one almond and there are roughly 350 in a pound. So they use 350 gallons of fresh water to grow one pound that probably has a wholesale value of $4-5 tops.
You reap what you sow and in Californias water issue this is fricking stupid.

Well, by your math that desalinization plant could produce water for 142,000 lbs of almonds per day, or a cool half million bucks in revenue. Sounds like a heck of a deal to me!

In my opinion, no one should be allowed to open their yap about farmers using too much water until agree to never, ever, play golf or wash their car again. Talk about wasting water.

I’ve actually had discussions with some of these water nazis about how many millions of gallons of water it takes to raise fish. Do they think they drink and sweat? JFC, you got me started….
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: let california burn - 05/18/22
Liberals don't want answers. They want problems.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: let california burn - 05/18/22
The environmental wacko liberal's solution to fuel prices, water shortages, food shortages, mining for the minerals we need for renewable energy, managing forests, etc. is to just say no and fight every inch of the way in court, driving up the costs of progress.
The liberal's solution, is in reality, population control. They would like nothing more than a mass die off of humanity.
One of the reasons they are fighting so hard to keep abortion rights.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: let california burn - 05/18/22
Kommiefornia can dry up and blow away.

That said, I've wondered why everyone shies away from the idea of desalinization plants. They seem to work well in dry-ass schittholes of the Middle East.
Posted By: 700LH Re: let california burn - 05/18/22
Originally Posted by stevelyn

That said, I've wondered why everyone shies away from the idea of desalinization plants. They seem to work well in dry-ass schittholes of the Middle East.
Santa Barbra has one.

https://www.santabarbaraca.gov/gov/depts/pw/resources/system/sources/desalination/default.asp
Posted By: EdM Re: let california burn - 05/18/22
So no on Danville?
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: let california burn - 05/18/22
Can't complain about problems and force big government if a private company solves them.
Posted By: hatari Re: let california burn - 05/18/22
California is no doubt FUBAR.

Wishing it to collapse is dumb. That’s like having a bad neighbor and hoping he loses his job and the house goes to shy it. Won’t be long until the rats and cockroaches expand from his shy ithole over to your place.☹️
Posted By: stevelyn Re: let california burn - 05/18/22
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by stevelyn

Santa Barbra has one.

https://www.santabarbaraca.gov/gov/depts/pw/resources/system/sources/desalination/default.asp

Has it solved or at least helped their water issues?
© 24hourcampfire