Home
Florida man in road rage incident allegedly wields knife at brass knuckles biker with gun, gets arrested

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-man-road-rage-incident-wields-knife-brass-knuckles-biker-gun

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Insane. The biker was restrained. He could have fired. Maybe he had no licence to carry?
Biker's gf is really cuddly and sweet.
Originally Posted by DBT
Insane. The biker was restrained. He could have fired. Maybe he had no licence to carry?

Everybody is detained.
The cops don't know what's going on, who is who, who might be a felon,
warrants...

Detained ain't arrested. It's simply being held there, maybe not even in cuffs. You could be detained and never even know it.

If they don't say you can leave, and ask you to hang around to answer a
couple questions, or even just start asking, you might have been detained.

You didn't know it, just thought you were cooperating.
But if you had tried to leave, they wouldn't have left you.
He needs to teach her to keep her mouth shut.
Originally Posted by DBT

You should read the article.
I repeatedly tell my wife to leave me alone and keep her mouth shut if I ever get into a critical incident while she is with me. It’s a distraction you don’t need in this situation.

Ron
All’s well that ends well of course.

Brass knuckles are apparently legal in Florida if you have a Concealed Carry permit so no legal violation there, but if knife guy had been serious about using it I do believe Biker Dude would have been stuck, likely fatally. IMHO the gun should have come out as soon as the knife appeared.

But, in the end nobody got hurt and justice was served so it’s all good
The guy needs to get some other kind of holster as well, took way to long to get it out.
Biker was very restrained by 1) not shooting the guy 2) not punching his wife out.
Way too close .......I would never let someone with a knife get that close to me....period. If knife guy knew what he was doing, and was intent on doing it, biker dude would have been disemboweled before he could pull his weapon.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
The guy needs to get some other kind of holster as well, took way to long to get it out.
No question..

Originally Posted by frogman43
Way too close .......I would never let someone with a knife get that close to me....period. If knife guy knew what he was doing, and was intent on doing it, biker dude would have been disemboweled before he could pull his weapon.
Got THAT right....
Not a fan of the "concealed vest" option - then again, I never wear a vest on the bike or off.

If you're filming because you "think" this is going sideways and may need to CYA later with law - SHUT THE F UP. Let the pictures talk, not you.
Originally Posted by DBT
Story said he had a carry license.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Biker's gf is really cuddly and sweet.
She likely needlessly escalated the encounter to violence, which is often the case.
Amazing how many people think that the appearance of a handgun instantly means that the person who drew it is legally in the wrong. The knife guy was the first to produce a deadly weapon. The brass knuckles came out in response, and then the gun when he slashed his knife at the biker.
Stupid knife guy has a nice pickup (Tacoma), I’m not clear how you can go around getting mad at people over bullsh$t if you have a nice truck.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Stupid knife guy has a nice pickup (Tacoma), I’m not clear how you can go around getting mad at people over bullsh$t if you have a nice truck.
I can't imagine getting out of my vehicle to confront someone. Idiot was lucky he didn't get what he earned.
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I can't imagine getting out of my vehicle to confront someone. Idiot was lucky he didn't get what he earned.

Very lucky. What a moron.

Had a friend many years ago that owned a few NYC taxi medallions. Have no idea what those things are worth these days.

The #1 rule he said he lived by: NEVER get out of your cab.

smile

Seeing videos of two knuckleheads like that should be a reminder that it's never a good idea.

Nothing good can come of it.
Never ever road rage in Florida unless you want to end up dead. A lot of people pack , the Knifer should have been shot.

That woman needed to STFU.

I worked about 200 yards from where that altercation took place for 10 years. That town is a NY infested Chitthole.

Rafael Vincent Rivera, 50, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill in connection with the confrontation in Palm Coast, about 80 miles north of Orlando, the Flagler County S

without intent to kill LMFAO
Looked like Mouthy Mama had a lead head slap jack. Pointed with it early on. They’ll leave a mark. Not sure they’re legal but may be.
NEVER, involve yourself further in a Road Rage incident. ALWAYS be the first one to call 911 if you use a CCH to defend yourself.
If the Female agitator would have done that immediately when the knife appeared, she would have been useful...
Definitely a clown car, but there's an argument the biker guy advanced and prompted the knife swipe.
Originally Posted by Fury01
NEVER, involve yourself further in a Road Rage incident. ALWAYS be the first one to call 911 if you use a CCH to defend yourself.
If the Female agitator would have done that immediately when the knife appeared, she would have been useful...

Yep , she should have called 911 and then STFU
I still can't believe that the idiot who started it, pulled a knife and tried to use it, called the police to tell them the guy he was trying to kill pulled a gun on him.
The best defensive armor in road rage is the 4000 lbs of steel around your butt - why would you ever get out and give that up?

Dude on a bike - not as much but even the doggiest Harley will typically out accelerate and maneuver a car, even a hot sports car. HP/weight thing.
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
I still can't believe that the idiot who started it, pulled a knife and tried to use it, called the police to tell them the guy he was trying to kill pulled a gun on him.

Excuse me officer? I just bought this bag of coke off that guy and turns out it's a couple ounces short - he ripped me off....
.......... As a Tacoma owner I had the same thought. This is just another one of those self defense incidents that the anti 2A crowd never talks about. When just the sight of a gun defuses the whole thing. They want you to believe that everyone legally carrying a gun is just looking for any excuse to shoot someone. If knife guy had pulled that on a cop I'd wager that he'd be dead.
As soon as I saw the knife.... I would have pulled my gun.... but only to use it to defuse the situation so I could make a safe retreat... and get out of that situation.

The moment I got out of it.... I would go straight to my local Hardware Hank and get all new locks for the house and when I got home.... throw all her crap out on the fount lawn and change the locks.

That woman running her mouth is what gets you killed or in prison.
Originally Posted by Fury01

Yep.
That woman's mouth is probably only good for one thing- - - -and it ain't talking! I suppose the 21 foot rule where knives are concerned doesn't apply in Florida?
I'd have shot him.
Plenty of stupid all around with all 3.
Probably a good thing mouthy had a video of the incident. A punk pulled a knife on me last winter in Sebastian FL. I backed up a couple of steps fast, drew my G26 and he took off running, thankfully. The Cop told me just because you can shoot someone doesn't mean you should. The cops need to learn to take their own advice.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I'd have shot him.

You pull a knife on me, your probably about to get shot.

The guy showed incredible restraint IMO.
Originally Posted by mikieb
As soon as I saw the knife.... I would have pulled my gun.... but only to use it to defuse the situation so I could make a safe retreat... and get out of that situation.

The moment I got out of it.... I would go straight to my local Hardware Hank and get all new locks for the house and when I got home.... throw all her crap out on the fount lawn and change the locks.

That woman running her mouth is what gets you killed or in prison.

Yep.
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard

Excuse me officer? I just bought this bag of coke off that guy and turns out it's a couple ounces short - he ripped me off....

LOL, exactly.
Probably a good thing mouthy had a video of the incident. A punk pulled a knife on me last winter in Sebastian FL. I backed up a couple of steps fast, drew my G26 and he took off running, thankfully. The Cop told me just because you can shoot someone doesn't mean you should. The cops need to learn to take their own advice.

Truth.
In OK, one must only prove they were in fear of their life or serious bodily harm.
I believe being swiped at with a knife qualifies as "fear of ... serious bodily harm".
Bang! Bang!

Sounds tough, huh?
Boy, do I hope I NEVER have to find out if/how I need to react!
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
In OK, one must only prove they were in fear of their life or serious bodily harm.
I believe being swiped at with a knife qualifies as "fear of ... serious bodily harm".
Bang! Bang!
That's a slight misstatement of the law. Even if a jury believes you were in fear for your life or serious harm, that's not a defense unless the jury also considers your fear to have been reasonable.

For example, let's say there's someone who's very easily terrified, and was quick to interpret situations as deadly threats that weren't. If that person, for example, pulled a gun and shot a tough looking biker because he was reaching for a pack of cigarettes from his pocket, that fear isn't reasonable, even if 100% real, so it's no defense against a murder charge.
© 24hourcampfire