Home
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
Anyone recommend Tecovas boots?

Typed in "round toe work boot" and found several Tecovas offerings.

I have been wearing Ariat work boots....but I can only find square toe....which I despise.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
Can't say

I only use Justin original work boots
USA

And no squared off. They're semi pointy
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
While back i looked up the reviews for them.

Kinda middle of the road. Nothing bad. Nothing great.

Made in Mexico. No middle man.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
Ariat Workhog??

Mine have always been round toes
https://www.ariat.com/WORKHOG_PULLO...r_WORKHOG__PULLON__M__FOO_width=D_Medium
https://www.ariat.com/pull-on-work-...fn2=Toe_Shape&prefv2=ROUND&sz=24
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
I've had 2 pair of these.

https://www.cavenders.com/ariat-men...square-steel-toe-work-boot/AR010133.html

Very comfortable, and absolutely waterproof.

eta: Ah, hell. Not these. These are steel toed. Mine are just like them without the damn steel toe.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
I wear Justin round toes, the waterproof ones. I won't buy boots without first trying them on for size, as each boot maker is going to be different as for as sizing goes. I have looked at the Tecovas, and liked what I saw, but I'd need to be able to try them on, and apparently, that ain't gonna happen.
Posted By: sandcritter Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
Have a pair of their goat skin cowboy boots that really like and are holding up. No idea about how tough their workboot may/may not be.
Posted By: Teal Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
The only ones I've owned are pointy toe Tony Llama's but I see the Tecova's advertised a lot. Never heard anyone really complain.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I wear Justin round toes, the waterproof ones. I won't buy boots without first trying them on for size, as each boot maker is going to be different as for as sizing goes. I have looked at the Tecovas, and liked what I saw, but I'd need to be able to try them on, and apparently, that ain't gonna happen.
I have the same issues. My first pair of Ariat boots about 13 years ago had me in an 8.5 and I am normally 9.5-10. Not sure if they got the wrong tag in em or if that pair was just made big for some reason.

Been in their 9.5 ever since.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
I have a couple of pairs of Tecovas boots I wear for dress and comfort isn't great. If you want to try a pair get one size larger than you normally wear and put insoles in them.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
I’ve worn Red Wing Pecos work boots since I was a kid. I can’t speak to Tecovas as I’ve never owned a pair. I like to try them on before buying.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
if you want a work boot, DOUBLE H ice sole boots by a long mile. most of their boots are square toe but they do make a couple round toe models with the ice soles. I like tecovas boots quite a bit, IMO they are way better built than your run of the mill justins or tony lama's but that is with their regular leather soles. they use virbram soles on their work boots. IMO these aren't going to be long lasting. That is why I am saying double H with ice soles, just replace the heel caps every so often and your boots soles will last until the leather has a hole worn into it.

tecovas are best for dress boots.
Posted By: Angus55 Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
I buy a lot of boots, sq. toe and round toe. I probably have 10 pairs of work boots, Justin, Ariat, Redwing, all pull on’s , Ariat worst, Justin mid. Redwings best, I have a pair of RW pull on’s 25 years old. I probably got 10 pair dress boots, Justin, Larry Mayan, Anderson Bean, and two pair Tecovas, which are very comfortable, well made boots, really like them, Tecovas work boots look good to me, I’m just waiting for my cowsh’t boots to rot out more, and will get them, one pair of Ostrich rompers were a little tight, I should have gotten EE, other pair of Snake in riding boot fit fine in12-D , Ropers fit just like Justin dancing boots we all we’re. I’m saying good boot for the money, in a dress boot. They are getting Outlets everywhere in Texas , Ok.
Posted By: Nollij Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
No help on the Tecovas, but I wear Double H 1552 round toe in a machine shop environment. No complaints. They have held up well, and if I wear them out, I will buy another pair of the same.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
Jimbo, just strap on a pair of Rez made moccasins and rock on.

I hear sheep lined are pretty comfy.

🦫
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
To JC's original inquiry, "no". I left Justin and Tony a long time ago for Ariat Ropers. They're pretty much all I wear anymore.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
No Tecova experience.

Double H Ice sole are great.

I like my Thorogood laceups. Next I buy will be pull on Wellington’s to try

https://thorogoodusa.com/american-heritage-wellington-tobacco-round-toe-maxwear-wedge-814-4208/
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
Justin ropers here.

Sean Hannity endorses Tecovas boots.....almost as bad as Lon Horiuchi endorsing HS stocks

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
I can’t wear pointed boots…I despise them because it seems my feet are too big and wide for them to not feel like a China doll with bound feet….but I don’t need them since I don’t ride. I’ve been wearing a pair of square towed Wolverines that are as comfortable as my Romeos which are all I’ve worn for 20 years. I’ll be getting another pair.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
That’s me

Aint no way I’d order boots and shoes online.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Justin ropers here.

Sean Hannity endorses Tecovas boots.....almost as bad as Lon Horiuchi endorsing HS stocks

laugh laugh laugh
Hannity attributes his Expert Marksmanship to those Tecovas 🤣
Posted By: Teal Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
Originally Posted by slumlord
That’s me

I've been wearing Chuck Taylors and Doc Martens for the last 35 years - I'll order those on line. I feel comfortable about that but I won't order work boots or riding boots on line. Not enough history for me with any one brand.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
I have some knock off tecovas round toe boots I got at a discount store for about $26 not bad except for the Steel toe is a bit low for long walks...they had some Justin boots, which I would have gone for despite the price difference, but they were green leather..
Posted By: hunting1 Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
The US made Justin boots for the win! Getting harder to find and fewer choices but are my favorites. The Tecovas look nice though and I have been tempted but like said can't try them on.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I have been wearing Ariat work boots....but I can only find square toe....which I despise.

I've owned a pair of ostriche Tecovas for 5 years ir more and they have been excellent
Posted By: Redneck Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
Ya just need a pair 'o them "Moccasin Mikes" booties and you'll be golden.............. laugh laugh
Posted By: ironbender Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
That’s me

Zappos.com and shoebuy.com are two places that ship free and free return shipping. Just wear them inside only prior to return.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Justin ropers here.

laugh laugh laugh
Hannity attributes his Expert Marksmanship to those Tecovas 🤣

And Henry Rifles! laugh
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/19/22
Definitely mid level boots. Popular in El Paso, if that tells you anything.

Check out Thorogood or Red Wing - more expensive, but worth the cost.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
No offense to anyone but I just looked at the Tecova website and it is borderline gay.

Okay, it's gay. AIDS gay.

Cuzzin' check out Boulet, Canadian boots.

I realize much of Canada is also pretty gay, again no offense... But Boulet makes a good boot.

None of that itchy Chinese Ariat leather, and an actual girthy shaft. None of that tight skinny pants chit.
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
Keen makes good reasonably priced bigger toe box “US built” work and hiking boots. I have a pretty good sized 13 4E hoof they fit me well and have great arch support.
Posted By: Stix Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
Double H.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
I wear Justin #4960 work boots. They are made in China, but they are they only waterproof leather boot that I've had that are truly waterproof. I'm hard on boots, and don't take care of them as I should, so they don't last me as long as they probably should. I'd try an American made boot if I could find a good replacement for the Justins, but I have not been able to find a boot that fits me like they do.
Posted By: GringoCazador Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
Based on the commercials, the guys wearing them kinda look Metro Sexual. I got a Wester wear store and get a real pair of boots.

Tecovas boots go on the same list as man buns and skinny jeans.

I ain’t seen a real cowboy wear them, but in this world one never knows.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Keen makes good reasonably priced bigger toe box “US built” work and hiking boots. I have a pretty good sized 13 4E hoof they fit me well and have great arch support.
every pair of Keen shoe/boots I have seen has been about twice as heavy as any decent comparable shoe... maybe it is the rubber they use?
Posted By: Jstocks Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by jwp475

I've owned a pair of ostriche Tecovas for 5 years ir more and they have been excellent

Same for me. No issues. Much more comfortable than Lucchese I have.

I have thorogood and double H work boots also. Can’t go wrong there either. Both slip inside for me.
Posted By: 673 Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
That’s me

If I ordered booties online I would first....find a store that sells that brand, try them on, then order online.
I know, I am a real little bastid.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by SamOlson
No offense to anyone but I just looked at the Tecova website and it is borderline gay.

Okay, it's gay. AIDS gay.

Cuzzin' check out Boulet, Canadian boots.

I realize much of Canada is also pretty gay, again no offense... But Boulet makes a good boot.

None of that itchy Chinese Ariat leather, and an actual girthy shaft. None of that tight skinny pants chit.

That sounds good.

Trouble is these guys say we have to try everything on first....

Hahaha! I think they still don't realize how remote we are.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
We have a Tecovas store here in OKC. I've been meaning to go there and try some on. I need a new pair of ropers. Like others, I despise square toed boots.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
We have a Tecovas store here in OKC. I've been meaning to go there and try some on. I need a new pair of ropers. Like others, I despise square toed boots.

I don't know about you...but my biggest gripe, aside from limits at an all you can eat buffet, is that a square toe catches on every dang thing you walk past.
Posted By: strosfann Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
I am in the same camp as most here in that I can’t order boots online. I wear a 13 in most things and have some boots as small as a size 11. For work boots I haven’t heard anyone mention Chippewa - they make a hell of a boot. My Chippewa snake boots are the most comfortable boots I own. I have 6 pairs of various square toe exotic boots from Ariat, Dan Post and Lucchese. The Dan Post boots are a close second to the Chippewa in comfort. I have a weird foot and square toes tend to fit me way better than round. Pointy toes are just too fugly and uncomfortable to consider.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
Based on the commercials, the guys wearing them kinda look Metro Sexual. I got a Wester wear store and get a real pair of boots.

Tecovas boots go on the same list as man buns and skinny jeans.

I ain’t seen a real cowboy wear them, but in this world one never knows.

I agree, but that doesn't make the boots bad. your ruff and tumble guy isn't rolling around with a pair of aligator or full quill on. They are focusing on a different demographic.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
For lace up work boots, I wore Red Wing or Wolverine, among others.
You can find a good selection at Academy Sports & Outdoors.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by Beaver10

🦫

I just make my own. Felt insoles, but if Conrad would send me a rabbit skin or 6, or some sheepskin, I'd use that.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Pull-ons I have Justin. Balusters 4445 Steel Toe that work got me years ago. They've gone up in price a bit though:

https://www.justinboots.com/en-US/P...1&styles=20&vamp=47&upper=34

I have some Double H too, but not sure if they're USA made anymore.

Lace up I've been wearing some cap toe Chippewa ones for +/- 20 years, on their 2nd or third set of soles now. I have two pair, unlined, use them for bird hunting too.

Good luck Jim. Always a pain in the ass for me to find comfortable ones.
Posted By: There_Ya_Go Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
I have never found a pull-on boot that fit me. My heel is narrow and rides up when I walk in every one I've tried. Is there a brand that the heels run a bit narrow on?
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by Valsdad

🦫

I just make my own. Felt insoles, but if Conrad would send me a rabbit skin or 6, or some sheepskin, I'd use that.

danged Apache!
grin
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22

🦫

G,

Jim, should be honored to wear a pair of your handmade Mocs.

Nice design work too. You should try doing rifle stocks.

😬🦫
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
Ariats and Double H seem to be the fad for the Young Farmers of Kommiefornia set around here.
Posted By: Teal Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
I must be the only person in the world who isn't impressed with Thorogood boots.

Had them 7 months, tried 4 different insoles - just murder on my feet.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Ariats and Double H seem to be the fad for the Young Farmers of Kommiefornia set around here.
the thing about double h is I don't know what one has to do to actually wear out the sole on them. I had a pair of the buffalo hide ice soles, and I think I had put 5 or 6 replacement heel caps on them, before I finally said OK they are finally done. but the main sole of the boot was still plenty good. my heel had actually worn through the inner leather of the counter inside the boot. the sole has plenty of grip and isn't slippery, but at the same time doesn't look goofy with a bunch of foam EVA tennis shoe rubber under it like say an ariat workhog does. I can stand up in mine all day, but they have decent looks of a traditional leather sole boot. Double H makes american and mexican made ice sole boots. The american made boots are better, the mexican made ice sole boots run one size small on me.

the double h graham is the boot I would recommend for the first time double h buyer. also remember they will take a bit to break in.
Posted By: GringoCazador Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
I’d wear Mexican pointy boots before I’d wear Ghey ass Tecovas.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
Posted By: Huntz Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22

These boots are comfortable and tough.Can be had with steel toe or not.
https://workboots.com/danner-steel-yard-wellington-steel-toe-boots-brown
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by Teal
I must be the only person in the world who isn't impressed with Thorogood boots.

Same. Heavy to boot.
Posted By: Teal Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Teal

Same. Heavy to boot.

For me, not so much the weight but at the end of the day - my feet hurt so bad I didn't want to walk and when I did - it wasn't normal/pretty
Posted By: Jstocks Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
the thing about double h is I don't know what one has to do to actually wear out the sole on them. I had a pair of the buffalo hide ice soles, and I think I had put 5 or 6 replacement heel caps on them, before I finally said OK they are finally done. but the main sole of the boot was still plenty good. my heel had actually worn through the inner leather of the counter inside the boot. the sole has plenty of grip and isn't slippery, but at the same time doesn't look goofy with a bunch of foam EVA tennis shoe rubber under it like say an ariat workhog does. I can stand up in mine all day, but they have decent looks of a traditional leather sole boot. Double H makes american and mexican made ice sole boots. The american made boots are better, the mexican made ice sole boots run one size small on me.

the double h graham is the boot I would recommend for the first time double h buyer. also remember they will take a bit to break in.

I too wore the inner heel out before the soles….3 times repaired….soles still going strong. Walked on steel grating everyday for several years with them…. Oh, and yeah, made in USA.
Originally Posted by Sycamore

🦫

danged Apache!
grin

Ha,

I lived around them and on their land, so I figured I might as well learn a little about them.

And, those boots sure through off fellow hunters trying to figure out who walked there......................if they can even see the footfall mark.
Posted By: ribka Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by Jstocks
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

I too wore the inner heel out before the soles….3 times repaired….soles still going strong. Walked on steel grating everyday for several years with them…. Oh, and yeah, made in USA.

try green super feet insoles
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Tecovas boots? - 05/20/22
Originally Posted by Sycamore

danged Apache!
grin

Ha,

I lived around them and on their land, so I figured I might as well learn a little about them.

And, those boots sure through off fellow hunters trying to figure out who walked there......................if they can even see the footfall mark.

"cactus kickers!"
© 24hourcampfire