Home
Posted By: Blu_Cs Did you keep your Class A's? - 05/23/22
Friends:

Figured this was a better place to post than on the Military board: I know more of the folks here.

I'm going through our household effects in anticipation of an upcoming move and paused at my Class A's (in my case "AF blues").

Lotta memories there, but I haven't worn them in years. And they probably don't fit anymore either....

My decision was to let them go, although I absolutely kept the dress sabre (weddings, potential future sqills on the barbie (yeah, right!), etc.), and a couple BDU's and dress shirts.

Yet a question for the fire: After separating did you keep your class A's?

Any viewpoints warmly welcomed.
Got rid of my class A’s but kept my dress blues.
Posted By: Teal Re: Did you keep your Class A's? - 05/23/22
Kept nothing but my command ball caps.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by Kingthing0307
Got rid of my class A’s but kept my dress blues.

Same here. Dumped my A’s and everything else out of my seabag in the middle of supply and said give this stuff to whomever needs it. Kept my blues.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Did you keep your Class A's? - 05/23/22
All i kept was my winter coat, got out in October, never looked back. Rio7
Nope got rid of them the day I came home with my retirement papers. Hated wearing those damn things from the first time I put them on.
Kept all my dress uniforms.
Sold my class A's to a fellow soldier 30 minutes after out processing. Was the new polyester set which we had to buy ourselves if we wanted them, weren't cheap like the issued sets. I stripped it of ribbons, badges and name tag.
Posted By: 79S Re: Did you keep your Class A's? - 05/23/22
I have my ASU top with all my decorations. I also kept set of BDU’s, DCU,s, UCP’s (universal camouflage pattern) And OCP’s (operational camouflage pattern) ie multicam
All that remains of mine is 2 field jackets and old olive drabs that my kids have.
And a couple olive drab shirts.
I'm not sure what Class A's are.
Posted By: bcp Re: Did you keep your Class A's? - 05/23/22
I had to turn in items/quantity originally issued. Left the facility dressed as a civilian. 1963 Oakland, Ca.

Bruce
Kept one set of class A's and all my multi-cam/daily wear. Gave away my PT uniforms. Gave away dress jacket/coat.
I wear my OCP pants when knocking around the house/shop and sometimes hunting. Free clothes (well, kind of), why not use them?!
After a few years in the closet, mine shrank up so I could no longer get into them, so out they went. Still have the flight crew parka with the fur hood and some Vietnam jungle fatigues. Should be selling those, if I kick over they will just go out with the trash.
kept everything except 1 winter jacket. I have about 10 flight suits, went to a military surplus store here in Vegas they're selling for $50-75, if I had them here I'd get rid of them
My daughter came up from the basement a while back. She was dressed in my blues. Made it worth it to keep them for the last 20 years
Used mine for work clothes when changing oil, etc. I can't honestly recall whether I ever wore them when I was in.

RB
Guess I'll be buried in my Air Force Blues. I still remember seeing my Grand Dads Air Cav patch on his uniform when he was buried. Made an impression
I was just a small rat when dad and I went to grandmas house to clear out his overseas trunk he’d had stashed in the attic.

He pulled out several Army uniforms and a few khaki colored pants. I remember two Alamo Scout patches attached to a couple of his jackets.

Everything went to the Goodwill. Years later, I discovered those Alamo Scout patches are worth up to $5k each.

Damn!

🦫
Kept my Army Class A Greens and Blues. I gave my old khakis to my nephew. I still have a set of BDUs in the closet also even though my leg would be a tight fit in the waist.
Yes I did, and still have em in the back of the closet. Also have a slant pocket o.d. green jungle fatigue top that I kept, but the bdu’s are long gone. I tried the top on about 3 years after I got out and could not get it buttoned(no shock there) but the dang sleeves were 3” too short!!! Didn’t realize my arms grew too! 😵‍💫

Doc_Holidude
Gave all my uniforms to my nephew years ago for his HS drama department.
I went to college right out of the Army and while there my Mother donated mine to the University of New Orleans drama department. Never to be seen by me again. But times were different in '72.
I kept my dress blues jacket with all of my awards. It just looks sharp. However, it just hangs in a closet.
I see no point in it but I still have my helmet bag. I use it as my gym bag.
I cleaned mine out of closet several years ago to be thrown away. Several days later they were back in my closet. Wife said she wanted to keep them. She always liked me in uniform, even though they do not fit anymore. She is still sentimental that way....Joe
My last day at work I walked out at quitting time and ripped my blue shirt off and tossed it in the garbage can. The day after I got my first retirement payment all my uniforms except the BDU pants went to the dumpster. After 21 years I had enough. That was in 1992 and no regrets since
Posted By: richj Re: Did you keep your Class A's? - 05/24/22
I got my Blues, only wore fatigues on CQ a few times a year. Found unit logo ball cap which I never wore (40 years ago.)
I kept my class A CDL even though I haven't driven a truck in years.

Bb
I still have my Class A's hanging in the closet with the clear plastic dry cleaning cover on them. Also have my desert jungle boots from the first Gulf War sitting below them
Kept them all. I retired in 1996 and had probably 30 sets of bdu’s. I still wear them hunting. Class a and dress blues hang in my closet and I can still wear them, and do for special occasions/events.
Posted By: OGB Re: Did you keep your Class A's? - 05/24/22
Was a time when the uniform filled me with pride.

Poured my soul into it for 20yrs.

Hindsight being 20/20, I question the righteousness and morality of it all.

Just as soon burn it now.
I kept my Class As and my Dress Blues.

In 1982/83 the Army cleaned out their remaining inventory of OD Green Vietnam era ripstops, selling them in Clothing Sales as an approved alternative uniform to the first style of Woodland pattern BDUs that were being issued. I kept some of them, but my kids wanted them, so they got them. Plus, it has been awhile since I've been a Medium/Regular.
Kept both ... had a lot of salad. Both were stolen from our storage house along with a lot of hunting gear, clothes, etc. We eventually caught the guy but my German, Israeli, Belgium, French and Italian wings were all gone for good along with berets I had worn with each regiment in which I served.

It was a real kick in the nuts.

Crackhead, 41 years old. Judge gave him a year without time served (took him three months to get to his final hearing) he ended up serving two more for a total of five of what should have been a 17 month sentence for grand theft breaking and entering ... and he had a lengthy prior record.

Anyways, the dress blues and class A greens are long gone. Oh well.
Originally Posted by OGB

Then just stfu and do it leg. Don't think about it ... call all your [bleep] libtard commie bastard friends, form a leg circle jerk, and do it. You'll be a hero to all your punk assed pussy-assed [bleep] friends.

Lemme guess .... you were a clerk, did 20, got out as an E7.
Originally Posted by Teal

They’re digging a big new swimming pool on Medina Base, right inside the front fence by the road. I think some people are going to endure severe trials in that pool.
kept my Class -A's for 30 years . 10 years ago decided i had them long enough ,tossed them. They didnt fit anymore no how ,they shrunk hanging in the closet , did keep my brass and fruit salad
Originally Posted by EIB0879
Kept my Army Class A Greens and Blues. I gave my old khakis to my nephew. I still have a set of BDUs in the closet also even though my leg would be a tight fit in the waist.
SAME.......
I had to turn in my tailored Winter Class A's (1973, stingy Army re-issued them to some newbie) and had to Deros in my Summer Class A. Since I hardly ever wore them in Germany, I didn't spend any money on them. I still have the jacket in my closet, my dog tags on the hanger.
Kept all of my uniforms.. regardless of class.. to include the white Ice Cream man suit I wore while serving in Madigan AMC...

Still have them in a big old trunk....I've also have a bunch of the Fatigues my old man wore as a young Marine for the 2 1/2 years he served during the Korean War...which ended on his 21st Birthday....July27, 1953.

Those are going to get donated to a local retired guy who collects uniforms, from all services and displays them on mannequins at Veteran events, and holidays...he's lacking on Marine Corps stuff from the Korean War...
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I kept my class A CDL even though I haven't driven a truck in years.

Bb
I was waiting for it ha! I let mine go and they bumped me to a C
Posted By: WAM Re: Did you keep your Class A's? - 05/24/22
Mine are still on a hangar with ribbons attached since 1998.
Posted By: Pugs Re: Did you keep your Class A's? - 05/24/22
Kept my last helmet and oxygen mask, leather jacket, winter weight nomex and summer nomex jackets. Box of ribbons and medals and patches. My 1000 hour and 2000 flight hours in the EA-6B plaques. Off to goodwill with the rest of it.

Leather jacket and winter weight jacket were stolen by a HVAC contractor I had in doing work. Since they were just hanging on a hook in the basement I didn't realize it for 6 months or so.
In a garmet bag with all the trinkets on em in the closet.
Pair of shined J boots in plastic bags.
Intent was to be buried in em.
Just make a shadow box thingamabob with retirement flag and get cremated.
Khanarella and the kids can sort out whatever when I kick the bucket.

Make that box someday when I get bored and morbid I geuss

But I dont feel like dying anytime soon...
I have my dress blues, though I think I'd have to bust my ribbons out of my shadow box.
Originally Posted by SCRooster
Originally Posted by OGB

Then just stfu and do it leg. Don't think about it ... call all your [bleep] libtard commie bastard friends, form a leg circle jerk, and do it. You'll be a hero to all your punk assed pussy-assed [bleep] friends.

Paratrooper and Green Beret actually.

Did a great deal of work in many places.

No "libtard circle jerk" here.

Lately, have felt like much of it was for political or monetary gain is all.
Yep, kept mine. They’re hanging in the closet.
My beret is in the gun safe.
Jacket still fits; pants are a little tight.
Originally Posted by JTrapper73

What color beret?
Posted By: Teal Re: Did you keep your Class A's? - 05/24/22
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

They’re digging a big new swimming pool on Medina Base, right inside the front fence by the road. I think some people are going to endure severe trials in that pool.

Likely. I remember the PJ hopefuls running the track. With a 5 gallon jerry can in each hand and keeping up... Then again, there was a pool over by that gym that almost no one used when I was around it. Me and one other 2nd class would from time to time.
Originally Posted by OGB
Originally Posted by OGB

Horse $#!+. You were no more Eighty-Deuce or SF, no more 11B or 18B, than Obama or Clinton.

"Paratrooper and Green Beret" is about as hollywood cliche as "poured my soul," "righteousness and morality," "just as soon burn it now" .... it's Internet virtue signaling drivel. No self respecting "did 20" Sky Soldier from any of the Division Airborne Infantry Regiments or former member of Group or one of the Ranger Regiments would post like that ... or use that phraseology.

Just stop. Don't make me be ugly about this or I'll bust you on the "did a great deal of work in many places" bull$#!+ as well.

You said some offensive disrespectful $#!+ about the uniform while claiming to be something you are not and never were and I called you on it. You're a poseur ... and you shouldn't be. Now just stop, don't make it worse.

I'm almost willing to bet that you're either the child of a Bragg citizen who grew up around our culture but never quite made it on your own .... or you maybe were attached down at Corp so you saw us around all the time and always wanted to be a part of an elite unit ... or you're just a floundering normally good guy who hung around with some of us and lived vicariously through our stories and exploits.

Whatever the case may be it's pathetic if you try to continue ... you went too far with the claim that you "did 20" and now you're going to burn your uniform because of some deeply entrenched shame that's inside you that has now welled-up and is ready to overflow because of this thread to the point where you're going-to burn your greens. It's pathological, it's a cry for attention... so stop it. I'm embarrassed for you. Go seek help. Seriously. Please. Go speak to someone, get some professional mental counseling. This is the wrong place to pull this stunt.

"Just as soon burn it now" .... my fourth point of contact. You just burned something alright .... your fuqing credibility. Your self-respect. Your Internet persona, your disguise .... your poseur guise. You are definitely not one of us.
Originally Posted by OGB
Originally Posted by OGB

Horse $#!+. You were no more Eighty-Deuce or SF, no more 11B or 18B, than Obama or Clinton.

"Paratrooper amd Green Beret" is about as hollywood cliche as "poured my soul," "righteousness and morality," "just as soon burn it now" .... it's Internet virtue signaling drivel. No self respecting Sky Soldier from any of the Division Airborne Infantry Regiments or former member of Group or one of the Ranger Regiments would post like that ... or use that phraseology.

Just stop. Don't make me be ugly about this or I'll bust you on the "did a great deal of work in many places" bull$#!+ as well.

You said some offensive disrespectful $#!+ about the uniform while claiming to be something you are not and never were and I called you on it. You're a poseur ... and you shouldn't be. Now just stop, don't make it worse.

I'm almost willing to bet that you're either the child of a Bragg citizen who grew up around our culture but never quite made it on your own .... or you maybe were attached down at Corp so you saw us around all the time and always wanted to be a part of an elite unit ... or you're just a good guy who hung around with some of us and lived vicariously through our stories and exploits.

Whatever the case may be it's pathetic... you went too far with the claim that you did 20 and now you're going to burn your uniform because of some deeply entrenched shame that's inside you that has now welled-up and is ready to overflow because of this thread to the point where you're going-to burn your greens. It's pathological, it's a cry for attention... so stop it. I'm embarrassed for you. Go seek help. Seriously. Please. Go speak to someone, get some professional mental counseling. This is the wrong place to pull this stunt.

Burn your uniform .... my fourth point of contact.
If he is making it up he deserves a ass beating for sure.
My comment was not appropriate. No offense was meant but that doesn't matter.

All I can do is offer my apologies.

Been feeling a bit morose lately about the degradation of our country but should not let that color my thoughts.

I have never claimed to be anything I wasn't. 12B/18C to be precise.

I post this hear because I want my apology public.

SCRooster, if you would like to pm me I'd be happy to talk.
Yes. They no longer fit and someday they will get tossed. Probably by my kids.

My favorite uniform was my flight suit and the only real award was my crew wings with the star above it and my SFC stripes. I did have a national defense ribbon with 2 oak leaves. I was never in the right place at the right time for a combat ribbon. But, I was a good soldier and I gave it my best for 24 years both active duty and National Guard.

kwg
Posted By: old70 Re: Did you keep your Class A's? - 05/24/22
I’ve kept my ASU’s, and 1 copy each of BDU, ACU, and OCP. I doubt I’ll wear them again but spent too much time in them to get rid of them. I’m just glad I retired before I had to buy the pinks and greens. The old green class A’s went to a buddy that needed them. That $300 uniform allowance I got back in 91 sure didn’t go far over a 32 year career.

Old70
Have my Cracker Jacks dry cleaned on a hanger in a closet.

When I'm cremated they'll go along with me unless my daughter wants to hold onto them.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm not sure what Class A's are.

You probably figured it out but class A's are the dress uniform. Civilians would call it a suit.
Posted By: Teal Re: Did you keep your Class A's? - 05/24/22
Originally Posted by nyrifleman

When I'm cremated they'll go along with me unless my daughter wants to hold onto them.

Best looking uniform ever, followed by the Johnny Cash.
Cammies - sans boots
Alphas
Charlies
Blues
Deltas (by default)
Flightsuit.

I have no idea why?
Originally Posted by nyrifleman

Best looking uniform ever, followed by the Johnny Cash.

Although I'm Navy, I'd give the nod to the Corps' dress blues with the blood stripe.

13 buttons, while symbolic, was a bit much in a GI emergency!

Did love those Johnny Cash.
The only thing I kept were some BDU's, some gore-tex rain gear and a pair of mukluks.
I had a big bonfire and a kegger the night I got discharged. Kept nothing
No
Posted By: Huntz Re: Did you keep your Class A's? - 05/24/22
I kept a Hong Kong tailored set of dress Blues.Silk lined they were.Has my E5 PO and a hash mark plus some ribbons and my Dolphins on them.Sadly they have shrunk quite a bit.
Originally Posted by JTrapper73

What color beret?
Maroon, just like yours. Same unit also, but after they came back to the states.
I kept my dress blues and flight jacket. I wore my blues at my daughter’s wedding 7 years later.
I'm sure glad I retired when I did. We've gone from strippers in the on post clubs to this.

https://nationalfile.com/breaking-u-s-air-force-base-hosts-drag-queen-story-time/
Remove the children from the room

Pack parents in.

Frag.

Repeat as necessary.
Originally Posted by dodgefan
I'm sure glad I retired when I did. We've gone from strippers in the on post clubs to this.

https://nationalfile.com/breaking-u-s-air-force-base-hosts-drag-queen-story-time/

Unfriggen believable as to what's happening to our country.
im keeping my navy cpo full dress blues so i can be buried in them. im going in the ground with my shoes ON!
everything else is for sale.
© 24hourcampfire