Home
Posted By: wabigoon Troubles with Imgur? - 05/25/22
Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Troubles with Imgur? - 05/25/22
The app and the website are both working perfectly for me, so you'll have to be more specific as to the problem you're seeing on your end for anybody to give any kind of worthwhile advice.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Troubles with Imgur? - 05/25/22
Thanks, I knew I'd see a lot of pictures.

I can't upload any new pictures. The last time I had trouble, a new card reader fixed it.

Old pictures work fine.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Troubles with Imgur? - 05/25/22
Log out, and log back in. That fixed it for me the last time Imgur acted up.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Troubles with Imgur? - 05/25/22
Thanks!
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Troubles with Imgur? - 05/25/22
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I can't upload any new pictures.

The last time I had trouble, a new card reader fixed it.

I'm speculating here based on what you just said: but your process has been to take a picture with a camera, put the memory card in a reader, then upload to imgur from your computer without actually saving the picture to the computer. Last time you had issues, a new card reader fixed the problem. That means it wasn't an imgur problem, it was a card reader problem.

For me, the first thing I'd do would be to see if I could upload a picture from my computer to imgur (a picture that was saved on my computer, not on a memory card, eliminate the card reader from the problem).

Then the second thing I'd do would be to see if the computer recognized the card reader and allowed me to transfer pics from card to computer and computer to card. That will eliminate or pinpoint if the card reader is the problem.
Posted By: hanco Re: Troubles with Imgur? - 05/25/22
Switch to Postimage
Posted By: persiandog Re: Troubles with Imgur? - 05/25/22
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Log out, and log back in. That fixed it for me the last time Imgur acted up.

reboot reboot
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Troubles with Imgur? - 05/25/22
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I can't upload any new pictures.

The last time I had trouble, a new card reader fixed it.

I'm speculating here based on what you just said: but your process has been to take a picture with a camera, put the memory card in a reader, then upload to imgur from your computer without actually saving the picture to the computer. Last time you had issues, a new card reader fixed the problem. That means it wasn't an imgur problem, it was a card reader problem.

For me, the first thing I'd do would be to see if I could upload a picture from my computer to imgur (a picture that was saved on my computer, not on a memory card, eliminate the card reader from the problem).

Then the second thing I'd do would be to see if the computer recognized the card reader and allowed me to transfer pics from card to computer and computer to card. That will eliminate or pinpoint if the card reader is the problem.

Good suggestion.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Troubles with Imgur? - 05/25/22
Did you try taking the cartridge out and blowing on it like a harmonica?
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Troubles with Imgur? - 05/25/22
call joe....he's solving all the world's problems

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire