Home
Going on 6 months for me. Lots of food has the same taste, metallic? maybe. Almost zero sense of smell. I can honesty say my schit don't stink and you guys can say I've lost my senses! LOL I'd be in real trouble in a building with a gas leak! Sure look forward to food tasting good again.

Anybody else having the same?
Yep.

Its irritating.
What meds are you on?
No “loss”, but everything tastes different, my favorite sausages not only taste different, they leave a funny aftertaste in my mouth.
I never lost my taste and smell. wife says i'm senseless anyhow.
had the kung fu flu back in September. wife too had it and she still can't smell most things or taste same.
chemical stuff like vanilla she just smells that metallic smell.
helps when i brew coffee. i can brew it to my taste and she can't get snooty about the "tar" i drink.
Originally Posted by cra1948
What meds are you on?

Tylenol and Excedrin as needed.
Originally Posted by steve4102
No “loss”, but everything tastes different, my favorite sausages not only taste different, they leave a funny aftertaste in my mouth.

LOL
Originally Posted by Morewood

LOL
eek
my favorite sausages not only taste different, they leave a funny aftertaste in my mouth.

I'll try pulling out next time and maybe it won't be so bad.
Son Jake since Thanksgiving, he said he did not smell anhydrous ammonia.
Happened to me back in 09, swine-flu, H1N1. First couple of months NO SMELL whatsoever.

I had forgot about it then a few months later I was able to slightly smell barbecue smoke smell.

Double up on your liquor intake
Posted By: TomT Re: Lost sense of taste and smell - 05/27/22
Had “the vid” in the Spring of 2020. Lost my sense of taste & smell for the better part of a year.!I’m a BIG vegetable & herb Gardner, so I knew it was bad when I ground fresh Basil or Cilantro in my fingers & couldn’t smell diddly. Pluses= couldn’t smell dog poop or my wife’s farts. Minuses= I couldn’t smell or taste anything I WANTED to.
-Tom T
I never lost my sense of taste or smell. I had Covid in January and it lasted about a week, a mild to moderate fever and chills were the main symptom with a little bit of on again off again headaches. I’ve just had it a second time. No fever but a lot of coughing spells that lasted two days and a stuffy nose for about a week. I thought it was seasonal allergies being that I had Covid recently and this felt different but it’s been going around my work so they sent me to medical as a precaution and I tested positive.
Originally Posted by Morewood

LOL

You ain’t Right..
Only lasted about 10 days for me. Then it all
Came back normal but kinda gradually. Was starting to wonder if I would be able to file for disability - I’m an e exec
My wife lost her taste, but she still had that smell. I never lost anything.
Jacked up my smelling. Smell funky stuff I’ve never smelled before! Taste is ok.

Weird.
Wu-flu was 5 days of sniffles for me. After all the hype for immunosuppressed

No loss of taste but for about a week, ketchup tasted like Mr Clean with ammonia
Drink a fifth of Famous Grouse and you won’t give a s hit whether you can taste or smell it!!
Open a can of coffee i smell a shunk you hit with a pear burner. Same smell associated with diesel fume. Some soaps and shampoos regardless of brand smells sour!

The skunk smell is occasionally associated with several other overpowering odors.

Crazy
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Drink a fifth of Famous Grouse and you won’t give a s hit whether you can taste or smell it!!

Good point Sharpsman! I really don’t drink any whiskey anymore due to new smell
Starbuck’s skunk shît smelling coffee will bring it back
Originally Posted by slumlord
Starbuck’s skunk shît smelling coffee will bring it back
A bit nutty!
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Going on 6 months for me. Lots of food has the same taste, metallic? maybe. Almost zero sense of smell. I can honesty say my schit don't stink and you guys can say I've lost my senses! LOL I'd be in real trouble in a building with a gas leak! Sure look forward to food tasting good again.

Anybody else having the same?

"Hitting close to home."

LOL

Thank Christ you can't father children.
No wonder Jim Beam is so popular!
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Open a can of coffee i smell a shunk you hit with a pear burner. Same smell associated with diesel fume. Some soaps and shampoos regardless of brand smells sour!

The skunk smell is occasionally associated with several other overpowering odors.

Crazy

Like what...weed?
Had it first week of October 2021. I’d guess 25% of my taste back. The few times I can pick up any aroma at all, it smells terrible. Road kill, bacon, shampoo, toothpaste, campfire smoke all smell the same....terrible
My wife has treated over 300 C19 patients in both acute and long-haul situations. Loss of smell is fairly common, and can sometimes be reversed reliably with zinc supplements. Zinc gets over-utilized during infection. Best to all.
You CORONA CLAMS just won't quit will you?

LOL

Keep swearing up and down you "survived" something.

Fugkin'. GAY.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Lost sense of taste and smell - 05/27/22
Flave, Better known as CATFISH, All mouth no brains, found out it's a long weekend he's got a head start on his weekly DRUNK. Rio7
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Scotland No.1 Seller.. The results are Confirmed..
Look on the bright side. A lack of taste should make should make the Campfire brand of humor more enjoyable.
I lost my sense of smell anout 20 years ago and my nuerologist diagosed me with Parkinsons. There were other symptons too but that was definitly one of them. Might be worth a check up.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Wu-flu was 5 days of sniffles for me. After all the hype for immunosuppressed

No loss of taste but for about a week, ketchup tasted like Mr Clean with ammonia

Dill pickles tasted off.
Some stuff had an ammonia smell to it.
Lasted about a week.

My nose is super sensative and most things smelled normal, were not reduced or exaggerated.
Just more things had an ammonia smell.

BTW, before during and after covid.....peach gum smells like cat piss.
That ain’t worth a cshit Roy. I hope you get it back

I think if you sell me a cut checkered 284 it would come right back?????
Taste is fine..... unfortunately.
Grabbed some pizza at Caseys thinking reg sausage type.
Nope.

Was barbecue.

One bite and then trash.
Nasty.

Barbecue goes on meat, not pizza.
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Crazy

Like what...weed?

I don’t know? Haven’t smelled any since i got sick. But it might. Really weird.
Sniffer is not working the same, and coffee and whiskey taste has changed. Old favorites, aren’t.
About three weeks after recovery I went into full panic mode!!!! All Fried chicken was absolutely funky!!!! Damn!!! I said NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

All ok now. I would have been total devastated had fried chicken went south!!! Life would just not been worth living!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Been dealing with a nasty flu bug for awhile now (rona?) and finally lost mine yesterday.
Tough to prepare and eat good food when one can't taste!

Hope things improve for you FB!
Had the Rona a couple weeks ago. Never lost taste or smell. Tried to kill the virus with copious amounts of bourbon. It was like a summer cold with a back ache.

Ron
A friend had kidney failure.

He said things tasted “ metallic.”
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Doesn't sound like there is much loss. More of a change.
Had the one niner last oct. Still can't smell or taste.

My daughter screws with me, she will grab something and ask me to smell it to see if still good. I just ask her " do you want to see 12? Quit screwing with me" she's 11.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
my favorite sausages not only taste different, they leave a funny aftertaste in my mouth.

I'll try pulling out next time and maybe it won't be so bad.

LOL Stevie gonna bite next time
Almost back to normal but a few odd things like I can't smell gasoline and jalapenos taste like bell peppers
Its brain damage. time will tell if all the cells get back to life. [bleep] thing to happen
I had Covid in September. I was eating pizza at Costco when the taste just disappeared. No taste or smell for several months. Then I started smelling a weird fruity chemical smell. It got so strong for about two weeks then slowly went away. There are a few things I can smell like bacon but a lot of things I get a brief whiff of but then it disappear again . Taste is at maybe 25%. The other night I cut up a pineapple. Took a bite and could taste it mildly. My wife took a bite and informed me it was rotten. I initially lost about ten pounds due to no appetite since I could not taste or smell it. But I’ve since gained the weight back. I was never a big fan of super spicy stuff but I’ve since order spicy meals just to get something out of it. If it’s ever found that this “ disease “ is traced to one individual. I hope they die a very slow and miserable death.
My taste was gone or just white noise for over a year. I’m not sure how to explain it, except that my brain couldn’t unscramble what it was supposed to be processing.

Smell was similar, except that I became drug dog sensitive to any fruit or vegetable with sulfur in it. I could smell the sulfur on a orange from 30 or 40 ft away. I could also smell fresh flowers from a ridiculous distance. One day, they both just came back. Been normal for about 3 months now. Whole process was about sixteen months.
Originally Posted by jlboykin
My taste was gone or just white noise for over a year. I’m not sure how to explain it, except that my brain couldn’t unscramble what it was supposed to be processing.

Smell was similar, except that I became drug dog sensitive to any fruit or vegetable with sulfur in it. I could smell the sulfur on a orange from 30 or 40 ft away. I could also smell fresh flowers from a ridiculous distance. One day, they both just came back. Been normal for about 3 months now. Whole process was about sixteen months.

Sounds like something out of a science fiction novel. Holy smokes man.
It sucked. My wife got it the same time I did. She had her taste and smell back a week after losing it. Several at my office had it concurrently and none of them had anything like I did. Bad luck I guess.
My sense of smell was noticeably compromised about eight years ago. Never has come back. I can still smell elk but not well and I sometimes think I'm just remembering the smell. Nothing to do with covid or the common cold. Could be it's just age related. I miss it. GD
This is because when the bucketheads take over the country and feed us nothing but rice we won't bytch about it....
Wasn't tested, had most symptoms, including knock flat on my ass,
Sept 2020. Taste came back in a few weeks.
Wired wrong. Things weird, or like something else.
Most everything came back over the next year.

Except Oreos.
I love them, don't get them much.
Now, almost never. They taste "fishy".

Got an Oreo flurry the other day, not thinking about it.
Few spoonfuls in....."something isn't right".
Then it hit me.
They still taste like carp.
Maybe clam tastes like Oreo now....🤔
Originally Posted by renegade50
This is because when the bucketheads take over the country and feed us nothing but rice we won't bytch about it....

Smells Funky ..

Roll Them or They Roll You ..
Wife grabbed me a 'rona test test today, and sure enough, positive.

Hoping the smell/stuff resolves quickly, gonna take some horse paste now.
Fugk a Commie Flu test
Back in july aug 2020 when I had the rona.
Worst cold/ flu I ever had.
Felt like a ball peen hammer was repeatedly hit on every major joint group on my body.
Frequent non productive cough.
All set in over 2 days...

Did my own test.
Ran up to the convience store up on the bypass.
Spent like 12 bucks bought 4 of the fancy ice cream cones.
One of em had a strawberry center.
Other 3 variants of chocolate or vanilla whatevers.

1st 3 couldnt taste a frigging thing.
Strawberry one I ate all around the strawberry center, when I got to that I felt a small taste/ tingle at the most.

Fuuucking Chinese
Fugging up everyfuggingthing....

Loss of taste lasted like 4 or 5 days....
Originally Posted by renegade50
Did my own test.
Ran up to the convience store up on the bypass.
Spent like 12 bucks bought 4 of the fancy ice cream cones.
One of em had a strawberry center.
Other 3 variants of chocolate or vanilla whatevers.

LOL! Thanks for that, I needed the laugh...

Couldn't taste the horse paste going down...can't taste chit.
I had the Rona between Christmas’20 and new year’s. I still can’t smell all that well. Most foods still taste flat. I put copious amounts of Thai chili on most things I eat to give it flavor. I can taste sweet and salty the best. The good part for me is that the allergies that used to make me miserable much of the time have all but disappeared. It’s been a fantastic trade ! No sense of smell for no allergies.
Over a year of taste/smell. Flat tasting food has changed what I eat.
© 24hourcampfire