Home
Posted By: hanco What is the weekend plan??? - 05/28/22
We are in New Braunfels, felt like a road trip, going to the Wateringhole Saloon to dance and see our favorite country cover band. They be called “ Fast Movin Train”
Going to Bo’s Barn in Temple Texas to see them tomorrow night too. We going back home Sunday, grandkids Sunday night. Busy weekend.
Baling hay.
Holiday weekend ?

Stay home away from the Utah tourists
Go along with my wife, to decorate a few graves, and putter around the farm.
Saturday-factory
Sunday-yard
Monday-garage

Maybe the weekend after I can do something fun
Tonight I replaced the broken leaf springs on wife's truck. Sat, wiring in a generator to the house. Sunday going to property to prep a pad for an elevated deer blind. Monday going to my dad's place to help him around the house. Tuesday, going to work to relax
Guide today. Guide tomorrow. Work 16 at the other job tomorrow night. Sleep Sunday. Repeat.
Sit on my ass.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: Docbar Re: What is the weekend plan??? - 05/28/22
Ranch sorting with my sons and working on the house.
Atleast you have AC sam
Going to southern Ohio to seal the roof on my hunting trailer with my brother and a friend Saturday and Sunday. Monday mowing grass for a guy at church who had an Aortic tear. The whole weekend I’ll be thankful for the freedoms provided to me by the many veterans of this country!

Ron
I have some flats of shotgun shells sitting at the trucking headquarters and they were to be delivered today and did not make it so will have to be around for them to show up.

Anyway it is to be windy the next few days and I will be taking care of my garden and planting some wildflowers.

Just maybe I will have a nice glass of something, not sure what at this time. Gin, rum, scotch, brandy, tequila or maybe some rye.

You all have a good weekend, and stay out of the ditches.
Saturday- Work, time and a half

Sunday- Shoot rifles then go to friend's for cookout

Monday- Lazy day
Seed.

Spray.

Cultivate.

Wonder where it all went wrong....
Posted By: dale06 Re: What is the weekend plan??? - 05/28/22
Headed to Canada with several friends to fish for monster pike.
Where in Canada Dale?

We need to meet up some time.
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Atleast you have AC sam

This past Wednesday CaseIH had to make a service call to work on the A/C.

$2053 but she's blowing cold now!

Jim, I blame God, and el Nino or whoever da fuuck he is...
I hate that fugging Mexican.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Haysoos?
Posted By: EdM Re: What is the weekend plan??? - 05/28/22
Weed eat and spray Roundup around the yard, clean a few firearms, take the cars for a spin and maybe have my wife grill burgers. Not a whole lot.
we're still in Vegas. this weekend will be a zoo, but we'll shop some, headed out for steaks at a local dive here in a few. there's actually some decent BBQ in this town.

probably drink heavily most afternoons, gamble and lose a few hundo then bunker down in front of some charred meat and sleep till noon, repeat.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Sit on my ass.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

$150 an hour
Pull the transmission out of my stocker. I broke 4th gear a few weeks ago in Houston.
Spending the weekend in Frankfort and Bardstown KY

Several distillery tours and tastings planned.
Shoot Prairie Dogs.
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Buffalo Trace? I hope you can pick up some Blanton's if you are so inclined.
Originally Posted by lightman
Shoot Prairie Dogs.

here ?

hold 2 dogs into the wind
Woke up with food poisoning at 2:30 this morn. Both ends a-going. Suppose to thro pork ribs, brisket, and a sausage on at about 3 a m tomorrow morningfor daughter, SIL, and granddaughter. All the hee haw gang and assorted carnivores to be here about 1 to tesr into the feast.

Been sleeping on and off all day. Just simply wore out. But this is all low impact cooking. Got lots of wood on standby
Originally Posted by Tide_Change

Haysoos?

That Nino sonofabitch that makes it not rain.
Originally Posted by Tide_Change

Haysoos?

That Nino sonofabitch that makes it not rain.

R A I N ?

4 letter word down here
Got to repair/replace the cesspool lid north of the house.

It was lidded with oil soaked redwood 3x5 boards ans some have rotted.

It's only been since 1965.

Hope the new metal lid plate outlasts me.

Have a good weekend.
I've been flat on my back since Wed. with some kind of flu, I guess. We had one of Joe's free covid test kits so I used it. Negative. I'll have to be feeling a whole lot better than this before I plan anything.
Posted By: Riverc Re: What is the weekend plan??? - 05/28/22
No plans to go anywhere everything cost to damn much. Probably work in the garden awhile do some grilling early evening take it easy and wait for the Holiday to be over so we can go catfishing in peace.
Sitting on my tail end at the icu with my dad
chipsNdips
Posted By: Nykki Re: What is the weekend plan??? - 05/28/22
Take the boat out Sunday and run the Talkeetna river. Water was high earlier this week, looks like fun.
Posted By: hanco Re: What is the weekend plan??? - 05/28/22
Fast Movin Train we’re great tonight. We didn’t know Cimak County closed at midnight on Fridays

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Going to the NRA convention in Houston tomorrow (Saturday). It's just up the road, so why not? Probably be the last one I will have easy opportunity to attend. Wife and daughter taking grandkids shopping.
Originally Posted by gutthooked
Sitting on my tail end at the icu with my dad

What happened?
Guess my dad had a kidney stone that blocked his bladder and turned to an infection that turned into sepsis. The hospital found that 1 chamber of his heart is only working around 10% or so too. He had to have emergency surgery to get a stent in his kidney last Sunday. His drs ordered him to stay until he gets stronger and take care of his heart and get out the kidney stone next week. His cardiologist said he had a mild heart attack since he been in too. He is showing lots of improvement the last day or so now still very weak though. He's at a great hospital now and has a team of awesome drs watching him over.

Did have a walleye trip planned for the weekend with some buddies but he needs me more for support. It's been a really long week hopefully we get some better days ahead.
Picking up a new trailer, moving a bunch of equipment from a job winding down to a job starting up. Hoping the daughter will help me shuffle trucks. Finishing up getting the pool opened up this afternoon/evening. Smoking pork butt tomorrow and shooting my Anschutz I just got back from Shaen. Monday back to work.
I'm gonna get schit faced.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Picking up a new trailer, moving a bunch of equipment from a job winding down to a job starting up. Hoping the daughter will help me shuffle trucks. Finishing up getting the pool opened up this afternoon/evening. Smoking pork butt tomorrow and shooting my Anschutz I just got back from Shaen. Monday back to work.

All I heard was butt and Anschutz.

Pics of both please.
Originally Posted by deflave

Pics of both please.

Old Chesebro repeater conversion. Just got a new Shilen.

Pics of both please.

That's a beauty.
Only been on about 3 hrs. But coming along!!!

Pics of both please.

That's a beauty.

Still waiting for a pic of his butt.
Posted By: Hugh Re: What is the weekend plan??? - 05/28/22
Working
I'm gonna get schit faced.

You mean you were sober this whole time?
Memorial service on Monday at nearby military cemetery.
As a Boy Scout, I've played Tapps at the Flag ceremony.

Will throw the sausage on directly
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Same things I have cooking right now, too!
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Same things I have cooking right now, too!

🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍
I got the flu, so my plans are shot all to schidt.
Originally Posted by Stophel

Damn!!! Hope you get to feeling better soon!
Posted By: Riverc Re: What is the weekend plan??? - 05/28/22
Originally Posted by Stophel

You must be unvaccinated better hurry and get your shots lol. Hey hope you get to feeling better my sister and her husband both have it now.
I’m spending all the time I can with the Grandkids as I have to turn myself in Tuesday to my Alaska job. It’s almost like a white collar crime you’ve been convicted of and they give you time to get your affairs in order.
Hanco: Hope you enjoy your weekend.
I changed my plans around a bit as weather and priorities have changed a bit.
Yesterday Friday (start of MY weekend) I got up real early and traveled to a distant gunshop and did fair while there, then had a cool country breakfast, then headed out for a Friday 1:00 PM opening gunshow - did real well there. Then tried to make it back home in time for the 4:00 PM premier opening of the Top Gun II movie. Didn't make the 4:00 PM show so went and had a dandy Montana Steak dinner by myself (VarmintWife is out on the coast). Then I did hit the 6:45 PM showing - it was great - I thought, very entertaining with only a few awkward or "stiff" spots early on in the 2 hour and 17 minute movie. Audience cheered at the conclusion! ONE... twenty second scene made the $6.50 admission (no ticket taxes in Montana!) well worth seeing it - let alone the rest of the movie.
Then this morning I returned to the gunshow and was first in the door again. Got the deal of the day there buying 150 rounds of factory Hornady 17 Hornet 20 grain V-Max ammo for $90.00!
Raining now so no Varminting today.
Friends invited me for dinner tonight so need to go buy a bottle of wine.
Tomorrow (Sunday) is set aside for Varminting as I have a line on a Badger - even if it is raining I will get after him and some wet Ground Squirrels.
Then Monday I will do the Memorial Day Parade in town after a brunch with friends.
Then late Monday I will do housework (vacuum, make the bed, pick up the house and wash dishes) before the VarmintWife gets home on Tuesday!
Happy memorial Day Weekend to all the CampFirers.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Jackmountain: That is a cool Rifle!
I do NOT think I have ever seen such a neat Rifle on top of such a messy...... well never mind, my loading/work bench looks much the same.
Hope that new barrel/Rifle shoots as good as it looks.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Rock Chuck: Dang the luck - I hope you feel better soon.
Lots of folks have a short lived flu thing here in SW Montana?
Get well quick.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Kay Woodie: Dang you are under the weather as well - I hope you perk up in time for the feast/visit/festivities.
I think that you are the fifth or sixth CampFirerer who has "called in sick" recently?
Perk up boys its springtime.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Buffalo Trace? I hope you can pick up some Blanton's if you are so inclined.

We dropped by three separate days.
Eagle Rare
Weller SR
EH Taylor and Buffalo Trace Single Barrel
No Blantons
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Kay Woodie: Dang you are under the weather as well - I hope you perk up in time for the feast/visit/festivities.
I think that you are the fifth or sixth CampFirerer who has "called in sick" recently?
Perk up boys its springtime.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Thanks VG. Just saw this. Feeling better!
© 24hourcampfire