Home
Posted By: DouginAlaska Lost my girl - 05/28/22
Lost my best friend a few days ago. Sucks big time. I took her in to the vet for what I thought was a UTi. Nope, she had fluid around her abdomen. Rushed her into emergency surgery and more mris. She had cancer and chemo was not an option. We took her home and after a week she had convulsions during the night and we rushed her in to have her put to sleep. Worse thing I've ever had to do.

[Linked Image from i.vgy.me]
Posted By: JeffA Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
[Linked Image from s3.amazonaws.com]
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
Damn, I love heelers, sorry for your loss.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
What a cutie. Just damm. Sorry to hear.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
Losing a pup is never an easy thing. I hope it brings you some comfort to know she's not in pain. We had to put our 13 year old down last year, it was heart-wrenching. Hang in there, bud!
Posted By: rong Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
That's too bad,
they're such a big part of our lives for what always seems to be too short,
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
Sorry about your dog.
It's hard...
Many of us know how you feel.πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”
Posted By: JHM Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
So sorry for your loss. I too will have to go through this in a very short time as my girl (Sophie) is starting to show her age (14 years). Just rest assured that she knew you loved her as much as she loved you.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
I feel your pain, they never last long enough.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
Sorry to hear this news......they become such a part of our lives.
Posted By: Nollij Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
Sorry man. They're the best part of us, and they take a piece of us with them when they go. It sucks.
Posted By: deflave Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
As the (alleged) father of two human girls, and having the events in Uvalde on my mind, I will admit that my heart sank for you when I saw the title and forced my hand to open this thread and read what happened.

My heart was immediately lifted and I felt a wave of relief when I saw that pic of your fugking dog.

Go buy another one.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
deflave, True to your form,, No ONE needs to hear from an ASSSHOLE, with bad sense of timing what a jerk. STFU !! Rio7
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
RIP girl!

Sorry for your loss, Doug.

Nevermind those who don't understand that to some of us, dogs are family too. Those who have not had that, or understand it, are the lesser for it.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
Doug,
I am sorry for the heartbreak you are going through. May peace be upon you and your family, and thank you for the great life you gave your dog.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
Sorry for your loss......how old was she?
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
Sorry to hear this, the only bad part of owning a dog is when they leave us!
Posted By: huntjinx Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
Sorry about your dog.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
I'm sorry you lost your pal Doug.

Good Girl, good girl.
Posted By: barm Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
I am sorry for your loss. They are man’s best friend.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
Good girl
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
Losing dogs is always hard, hang in there.
Posted By: OGB Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
A dog's life span is truly a cruel twist of nature.

RIP
Posted By: 1tnhunter Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
sorry for your lose. it's a tuff thing to go thru. my girl fell ill about 2 weeks ago. i took her to the vet and she has an enlarged heart and fluid around the heart & one lung. the medication seems to helping, thank God! i lost my other dog 1 year ago & my wife 8 months ago. to loose Cassidy would be devastating! hang in there Doug, it sucks but......?
Posted By: Diesel Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
Originally Posted by deflave
As the (alleged) father of two human girls, and having the events in Uvalde on my mind, I will admit that my heart sank for you when I saw the title and forced my hand to open this thread and read what happened.

My heart was immediately lifted and I felt a wave of relief when I saw that pic of your fugking dog.

Go buy another one.

Believe it or not Flave, most folks can fell deeply about the loss of Kids AND dogs.

Sorry for your loss Doug and Flave's rudeness.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
Dogs are family, it leaves a whole in the heart when they die.

Yes, dogs do go to heaven.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
Condolences for your loss. Our little guy has recently been diagnosed with congestive heart failure and we will be going down that same road at some point. I already dread it.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
"Where did our 10 years go, my graying friend, my love? How unfairly fast the time has come when your body can't obey your great, great heart. No matter Tip, we were young together and knew what life was all about. Let's turn back now and build a fire and take a little nap."

Gene Hill
Posted By: Winchester21 Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
Sincerely sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Jim_Knight Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
So sorry for your pain...not everyone loves dogs, like gazillions of us do...but we dog lovers certainly understand your loss pard. When I was young, I just "thought" I couldn't hurt any worse for the death of a cherished companion. It seems to me, I hurt much worse the older I get. I appreciate you sharing yours with us.
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: Lost my girl - 05/28/22
Your dog looks like a sweetheart, sorry for your loss.
© 24hourcampfire