Home
of God.

That dude must have a screwed up back, a bad heart and BP problems, gastrointestinal disorders, and bad eyesight.

If not that................................................................

then someone didn't follow the blueprints in constructing the majority of us.

How the hell did them old fellers in the bible live to be like 600 years?

I'm nearing 70 now and I hurt all over, not sure how I could make it much past 100 or so............with modern medicine. All them folks had was some manure and mustard poultices, and some bark or root infusions.
It’s all about connecting the dots
Earth is much older and slower now, too. Back then it was young and fast. Years were much shorter.

laugh

Bruce
Originally Posted by bcp
Earth is much older and slower now, too. Back then it was young and fast. Years were much shorter.

laugh

Bruce
That might 'splain things some. Thanks
Originally Posted by slumlord

Ahhh.

The old dot connection thingie.

Do we use a stubby pencil or a red Crayola?
He didn't have bleached flour and other processed foods.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Ahhh.

Depends. Are you a habitual wearer of sandals or crocs?
Originally Posted by 5sdad
He didn't have bleached flour and other processed foods.
Probably didn't have flour at all. Just some dirty seeds and grains mixed together and boiled into mush.
Originally Posted by smokepole

Ahhh.

Tennis shoes and then I use blue sidewalk chalk.

Ahhh.

What colors? Real men use muted pastels.

Ahhh.

What colors? Real men use muted pastels.

Yes, robin's egg blue chalk and I prefer ecru colored tennies.
Poppy fields....Lots of poppy fields.

🦫
That ^^^ I might believe!

And some Indica maybe?

Ahhh.

So one member admits to wearing Depends. Any others want to come clean?
Man/Adam was created after the image of God, man was wise in his mind, holy in his heart, and righteous in his actions. He was God's representative on this earth, just as God is Sovereign over all things man was to rule over this earth.
After Adam fell, due to sin we see that his offspring Seth was born after the image and likeness of fallen Adam (Gen 5:3)
As far as why did people live on an average of 800 years before the flood, this was due to purer food, environment and no disease. God also said that man's lifespan would be shortened to an average of 120 years which by the time of Moses in Psalm 90 dwindled again to between 70 and 80 years. In the middle ages people only lived on an average of 30-50 years due to diseases and wars.
Interesting ^^^^
S I N will mess up a good thing real quick. wink
I'm not big on splitting hairs, I'll put this up.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Heredity, diet and exercise.
Two can be controlled.
of God.

That dude must have a screwed up back, a bad heart and BP problems, gastrointestinal disorders, and bad eyesight.

I'm nearing 70 now and I hurt all over, not sure how I could make it much past 100 or so............with modern medicine. All them folks had was some manure and mustard poultices, and some bark or root infusions.

There are actually scientific reasons people could live an average of 912 years before Noah's Flood. The Bible tells us there was water above the atmosphere. Modern science discovered water vapor blocks or inhibits cosmic rays which accelerate the aging process. Also the earth's magnetic field is deteriorating at a half life of 1,400 years. The earth's magnetic field also blocks or inhibits cosmic rays. Do the math and discover it can only go back so far before the earth would melt from the heat generated by the magnetic field.

Now let's go to the "religious" reason. God created man in a perfect state. According to the book, "Genetic entropy and the mystery of the genome" human mutations can go back only about 6,000 years to get to zero mutations. John Sanford, who wrote the book, has over seventy patents on gene splicing so I think he might know more than almost any of our .com friends here. He said the exponential decay rate found in the ages of the men in the Bible matches his discovery of the accumulation rate of mutations in humans. This is from a guy who was a Ph.D. scientist who believed in evolution. By the way, he changed his mind about creation.

Now let's see what the less than his education have to say. smile
of God.

I'll be 72 this year, if I live that long!
I've been bent, broken, repaired, replaced, sliced and diced.
God didn't make me like this, but I am forever grateful that he gave all those orthopedic surgeons the skills and knowledge needed to put me back together.

Ahhh.

No, it takes a brain. Back in those days they had real, natural original fruit, meat and veggies to eat.

No processed foods, rapeseed, preservatives, or GMOs or antibiotics in food. May have helped.
Maybe they just weren't all that good with numbers? They thought 13billion was 6000 for example.
One thing is for sure, they didn't have supercomputers and more than likely couldn't conceptualize "13 billion".
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Ahhh.

No, it takes a brain. Back in those days they had real, natural original fruit, meat and veggies to eat.

No processed foods, rapeseed, preservatives, or GMOs or antibiotics in food. May have helped.

Gotta admit, that's a good probability.

But you, as a Doc, likely know they didn't have the sanitary methods we do nowadays, or things like Ivermectin to combat the parasite load they likely had when we as the Human Race started out on this big blue marble.

Be pretty hard to live much more than a couple hundred years without antibiotics.
A question that deserves more than simple post. If you’re serious, the GENESIS FLOOD (1969) will probably answer your question…somewhat. Maybe raise more. It was a seminal work by Henry Morris PhD in hydraulics and John Whitcomb ThD, a scientist and a theologian.

It is now a considered a classic in trying to understand the antediluvian world of Genesis, the results of the Fall in ch 3 and of the Flood of ch 6. It’s not a quick, easy read, but a compelling one. 👍
No one uses the owner's manual.
Ring man is touching on some of the points.
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
A question that deserves more than simple post. If you’re serious, the GENESIS FLOOD (1969) will probably answer your question…somewhat. Maybe raise more. It was a seminal work by Henry Morris PhD in hydraulics and John Whitcomb ThD, a scientist and a theologian.

It is now a considered a classic in trying to understand the antediluvian world of Genesis, the results of the Fall in ch 3 and of the Flood of ch 6. It’s not a quick, easy read, but a compelling one. 👍

That book was a eye opener for me when I was thirty years old. I heard it has been updated and improved. Henry Morris was an evolutionists. His studies in geology and hydraulics caused him to believe in a world wide flood.
He believed in much more than a worldwide flood. He was a Christian who was a literalist to the extent one can be.
The idea that we were created in the image of God is absurd, if for no other reason than that, at a time when there were no "heavens and earth," God would not have had so many useless body parts. No planets means no need for lungs to breathe 21" oxygen, no muscular-skeletal structure to facilitate upright walking in a 1.0G environment, no sex organs etc.
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

That book was a eye opener for me when I was thirty years old. I heard it has been updated and improved. Henry Morris was an evolutionists. His studies in geology and hydraulics caused him to believe in a world wide flood.
I always liked Henry Morris. He spoke at the capital convention center a while back. His team was the best group of researchers and writers I've met on a number of areas. This morning I spent some time transferring my personal notes from the margins of his Defender Study Bible to my newer one. I don't normally use study Bibles, like I said a couple weeks ago, but I think he has a lot of good insight ,(excepting the "in the original autographs" and things like that).
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Originally Posted by bcp

laugh

Bruce

Simply not true. There is no evidence of what you say.

If the years were shorter, the earth would have to move more quickly around the sun, and thus be closer to it. But if it were even a little closer, it would be too hot for life to exist.

The idea that people in old ties lived for hundreds of years is simply a myth made up by stone age people.
Originally Posted by bcp

laugh

Bruce

There is actually almost some truth to that, except the time for the earth to orbit around the sun hasn't changed for a long long time now. The length of day however has changed and is getting longer. 1/2 billion years ago a day was about 21.5hrs, 1 billion years ago a day was about 18.5hrs. It's thanks to the damn moon affecting our rotational speed - just as earth has locked the moon's rotational speed so that the same side faces earth, it's doing the same to earth and slowing down our rotational speed.
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by bcp

laugh

Bruce

There is actually almost some truth to that, except the time for the earth to orbit around the sun hasn't changed for a long long time now. The length of day however has changed and is getting longer. 1/2 billion years ago a day was about 21.5hrs, 1 billion years ago a day was about 18.5hrs. It's thanks to the damn moon affecting our rotational speed - just as earth has locked the moon's rotational speed so that the same side faces earth, it's doing the same to earth and slowing down our rotational speed.

When our rotational speed slows enough......................................will we................................

all fall off???
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by bcp

laugh

Bruce

Simply not true. There is no evidence of what you say.

If the years were shorter, the earth would have to move more quickly around the sun, and thus be closer to it. But if it were even a little closer, it would be too hot for life to exist.

The idea that people in old ties lived for hundreds of years is simply a myth made up by stone age people.

Upon what do you base your assertion?
Sin.
Great grandmother lived to a 114 and rolled her own cigarettes almost to the end in 1977.
<>
<>
© 24hourcampfire