Home
Age 21 to buy a semiautomatic weapon and banning high capacity magazines.

5 Republicans voted for it, 2 Democrats voted against it.

Bloomberg
The 5 Republican congressmen who vote for it are Fitzpatrick from PA, Gonzalez from OH, Jacobs from NY, Kinzinger from IL, and Upton from MI.

Jacobs represents NY's 27th Congressional District which is around, but not including, Buffalo, so the people who he represents just had a mass shooting event and he probably voted for what they wanted.
How old was the Vegas or congressional ball game shooter ?

Dumb fugs !
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Who were the Republican congressmen who vote for it?

The blurb wasn’t complete on those and WAPO is saying it only applies to rifles.

More is sure to follow with the usual twists.
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

Dumb fugs !

Consider that a 18 yr old can operate a SAR in the military but can’t buy a semiautomatic AR back home.
Well, if you are going to require people to be 21 to buy a firearm, then you had better make the age to be drafted 21 and the age to vote 21. Jeez.
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Well, if you are going to require people to be 21 to buy a firearm, then you had better make the age to be drafted 21 and the age to vote 21. Jeez.

Yep.
Actually 10 Rino's voted for it. Newsmax has the article with names of Rino's.

Never pass the Senate.

Fred Upton here in MI voted for it (shocker) but he knows he's done due to redistricting
Hope it won't pass the in senate. Who knows. Nov cant come soon enough.

That doesn't fit the agenda.
Phfugg. Here we go.
The Republican representatives who voted with the Democrats included Reps. Fred Upton of Michigan, Adam Kinzinger of Illinois, Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania,Chris Smith of New Jersey and Maria Elvira Salazar of Florida.

GOP Reps. Mike Turner and Anthony Gonzales of Ohio also backed the measure, as did three Republican members of New York’s delegation — Reps. Nicole Malliotakis, John Katko and Chris Jacobs.

Mr. Jacobs recently was forced to drop his bid for reelection after coming out in favor of banning military-style assault weapons.

Two Democrats, Reps. Jared Golden of Maine and Elissa Slotkin of Michigan, voted against the provision.

Those pricks are happy to have an 18 year old defend them with an M-16 but aren't okay with him defending his own family with an AR15. Elitist jackasses.
Make me a criminal, I'll be a damned good one.
Fuggem. Not giving one inch
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Dumb fugs !

Consider that a 18 yr old can operate a SAR in the military but can’t buy a semiautomatic AR back home.

I’ve considered a lot of that, I had a very short stint as a first shirt because I wouldn’t harass underage soldiers for drinking. I was fired.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Ignoring unconstitutional bs is kinda every Americans duty.
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
I don’t blame anyone for that position when they only have three.
And Houston’s ignoring me if that’s a clue. LMAO.
MOLON LABE!
Originally Posted by Backroads
Ignoring unconstitutional bs is kinda every Americans duty.
Yes, ignoring for damn sure. I’m worried the next step has been forgotten.
Baby Boomers should look in the mirror for blame
The 9th Circuit recently ruled that banning 18-year-olds from buying guns is unconstitutional.
Age 21 to buy a semiautomatic weapon and banning high capacity magazines.

5 Republicans voted for it, 2 Democrats voted against it.

Bloomberg

High capacity? I presume that is higher than standard capacity?

This!
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I don’t blame anyone for that position when they only have three.

Lol. Just a rumor.

Old toots a 31 year old gay male nurse now lol
And the Ultra Liberal 9th circuit handed down this ruling in the last few months.

As of now, it's on its way to being proven such a law is unconstitutional.

Not because we think so. But in the highest levels of Federal court.

But, "They gotta do sumptin".
So, they will posture and beat their chests. But this bird ain't flyin'.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/may/11/9th-circuit-court-californias-under-21-gun-sales-b/
Originally Posted by ribka

Old toots a 31 year old gay male nurse now lol

Are they still a Jew?
Originally Posted by Tarquin
The 9th Circuit recently ruled that banning 18-year-olds from buying guns is unconstitutional.

The 9th CC was a bevy of Liberals until Trump flipped the switch on them and caused heads to implode.

I still wouldn’t want my life in the hands of a 9th Circuit Court judge for a self defense shoot.

🦫
What’s the deal with the mag ban/limit? 10 rd max? Rifle only or all? Who has the facts?
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
What’s the deal with the mag ban/limit? 10 rd max? Rifle only or all? Who has the facts?

Do you have reading difficulties?

How do you figure?
I'm going to say it will fail in the senate and it should.
Originally Posted by Riverc

Yup. Won’t happen.

The Dems don’t like Republicans pushing for stronger mental health programs. Some with bars on the hospital windows. Dems see it as jailing their base.

🦫

I believe that the Senate will approve some form of restrictive legislation .

Mitch assigned Cornryn “to work with the democrats on the issue”.

Hard to get a good feeling on or about that one. I think something is pretty well already decided in the Senate and I hope that I’m wrong. Whether it’ll be enough to satisfy the House,,,??
I believe that old toot is as fake as his sock puppet

Hard to get a good feeling on or about that one. I think something is pretty well already decided in the Senate and I hope that I’m wrong. Whether it’ll be enough to satisfy the House,,,??

I'm hoping for the best, if it fails I won't be shocked.

I'm hoping for the best, if it fails I won't be shocked.

Hope you’re right.

These emotional issues are hard to figure but this appears to have momentum behind it.
“600 Conservative Texas gun owners and republican donors have signed an open letter to pass restrictive gun measures including age restrictions, red flag laws, extensive background checks and high capacity magazines.”

An open letter with over 200 signatures appeared in the Dallas newspapers recently which has since grown to 600 signers.

Reuters
The Derby Donkey named Mitch will see his Strategy of letting the Marxist Destroy themselves if he bits at this.. The Donkey will see a Major Revolt with the Voter Base and his Party if he listen to the Marxist Dog Whistle.
Just like a Flood .. Here today .. Gone Tomorrow..
Originally Posted by akrange
The Derby Donkey named Mitch will see his Strategy of letting the Marxist Destroy themselves if he bits at this.. The Donkey will see a Major Revolt with the Voter Base and his Party if he listen to the Marxist Dog Whistle.
Just like a Flood .. Here today .. Gone Tomorrow..

Floods leave aftermath.
“600 Conservative Texas gun owners and republican donors have signed an open letter to pass restrictive gun measures including age restrictions, red flag laws, extensive background checks and high capacity magazines.”

An open letter with over 200 signatures appeared in the Dallas newspapers recently which has since grown to 600 signers.

Reuters

Reminds me of the Hunter Biden Laptop Russian Disinformation ploy that all those so called National Security Experts signed onto ..
Originally Posted by akrange

Reuters

Reminds me of the Hunter Biden Laptop Russian Disinformation ploy that all those so called National Security Experts signed onto ..

Could well be.

They’re getting their ducks lined up in a row.
The interesting thing about the constitution is that it applies to Americans. It doesn't say 21 year old Americans. It does say shall not be infringed....and adding an infringement such as age, would be in direct violation.

Funny how 20 year olds are not mature enough to buy a gun, but I can't know what my 13 year olds Dr visit entailed because she's an adult.
Anyone have a link to the bills. Would like to read.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

No.

Fuwkhead.

A man asks an honest question and respects direct answers.

Did you provide a link, Fuwkhead?

Reuters

IDGAF how they identify.
They ain't conservative gun owners!
Never give an inch.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Reuters

IDGAF how they identify.
They ain't conservative gun owners!

Yep. Call it “literary license “.
Lots of Beto voters out there, too.
Originally Posted by cv540

Just scattered msm stuff is all that I’ve seen so far.
Whatever they passed won't do a damn thing to keep folks from going nuts.

Without mental care they will just find something else to do in others.
Originally Posted by plainsman456

That’s the Red Flag part.
Originally Posted by cv540
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/7910/text?r=1&s=1

Me neither..
The most over-reaching part of this legislation is the hi-cap magazine ban. This may be its undoing.

It shall be unlawful for a person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

“(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession of any large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed on or before the date of enactment of this subsection.

So after enactment of this law, there will be no new hi-cap mags for rifles or pistols.

I can't see where this is going to survive a trip to SCOTUS.
Yup been saying that for years
Originally Posted by shaman
The most over-reaching part of this legislation is the hi-cap magazine ban. This may be its undoing.

It shall be unlawful for a person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

“(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession of any large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed on or before the date of enactment of this subsection.

So after enactment of this law, there will be no new hi-cap mags for rifles or pistols.

I can't see where this is going to survive a trip to SCOTUS.

That seems like nothing more than closing the barn door after the horse has escaped feel good legislation.

I wonder if there will be a run on 30 round AR magazines?

Reuters
There are not 600 conservative anythings in Dallas.
So if you own a pistol or small rifle caliber levergun that holds more than 10 rounds, its gone too? Sounds like it.

All of those gorgeous Uberti, Cimarron, Henry, Winchester, Marlins in 38 Special, 45 Colt, 32-20, 25-20, etc., GONE. I thought they didn't want our hunting rifles? This bill says otherwise.

“(42) The term ‘large capacity ammunition feeding device’—

“(A) means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, helical feeding device, or similar device, including any such device joined or coupled with another in any manner, that has an overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition; and

“(B) does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

This is one of the problems with folks who know absolutely nothing about firearms, creating restrictions on firearms legislation.
Absolutely. No training wheels for your rights.
Originally Posted by benchman

Cars are dangerous too, yet we allow millions of 16 year olds drive each day.

I guess that's different.
I,I,I have picked my Hill to Lie On ..
If ya think the Kosher Marxist is going to Fool US your ..
To be Continued..

Roll Them or They Roll You
Originally Posted by J23

Yes. However, driving is not a right. Personally, I think that 21 is a better age to be considered an adult. My point was that the Democrats are more than happy to consider an 18 year old eligible to vote, but that's it. They are not considered mature enough for anything else.
Building back Better. how do you like Obama's 'fundamental transformation of America'?
Nous sommes tous des sauvage!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
You all are missing the distraction. Quit arguing about magazine capacity and age limits and FOCUS ON THE HIDDEN. They are( as announce by Jim Jordan) more focused on Red Flag laws and sliding those into effect. This gun stuff is merely a smoke screen. These laws have way more implications than the gun control
Originally Posted by J23

Yes, Very different.

With cars you have to pass a test for proficiency, get a license to operate, renew the license at intervals and have proof of insurance. Licenses can be easily revoked.

We don’t want to go there.
Originally Posted by rainshot
Building back Better. how do you like Obama's 'fundamental transformation of America'?

He kept his word on that promise to do so.
Originally Posted by rainshot

He kept his word on that promise to do so.

Do you regret voting for Biden yet? Or is it worth not having the mean tweets?
Originally Posted by J23

Yes, Very different.

With cars you have to pass a test for proficiency, get a license to operate, renew the license at intervals and have proof of insurance. Licenses can be easily revoked.

Well sh*t, it isn’t.
There is no law saying at what age you can buy a car. I was driving farm vehicles at 13. Owned my first car at 15 without a fugging drivers license, I just couldn’t drive on the street legally. Oh well what’s a fugging ticket.
2003 LA estimated they had 2 million unlicensed drivers on the road. And how many illegals were driving around with no license or insurance out of the what 11 million +.
Driving by the rules is only for the law abiding.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

No.

Fuwkhead.

A man asks an honest question and respects direct answers.

Did you provide a link, Fuwkhead?

Most "men" know how to look shhitt up on their own and don't need someone to spoon feed them. It's only on every major news source possible, lazy Fu..ckhead.
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by J23

Yes, Very different.

Well sh*t, it isn’t.
There is no law saying at what age you can buy a car. I was driving farm vehicles at 13. Owned my first car at 15 without a fugging drivers license, I just couldn’t drive on the street legally. Oh well what’s a fugging ticket.
2003 LA estimated they had 2 million unlicensed drivers on the road. And how many illegals were driving around with no license or insurance out of the what 11 million +.
Driving by the rules is only for the law abiding.

True.
I dont think liberals and democrats really want our Military people to have M-16's or weapons . I think they would rather use the military as a way to let transexuals get free sex changes at taxpayer expense .and hand out sex toys instead of rifles ,.Use the military for gays and trans like Truman did for Blacks. Make it exceptible and mainstream .Democrats really dont want us to defend this country ,or heaven forbid go to war in another countryin the defense of this one

Red Flag laws already being heavily abused.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Me neither..

Fugk them and their bullschit "laws". They don't follow any laws..
And the liberals want to lower the voting age to 16.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Are you referring to FL’s Red Flag law signed by DeSantis or red flag laws in general.
Originally Posted by high_country_
The interesting thing about the constitution is that it applies to Americans. It doesn't say 21 year old Americans. It does say shall not be infringed....and adding an infringement such as age, would be in direct violation...

Sure hope the Supremes see it that way.
It’s freakin ridiculous and disgusting, but I’m still looking for something a helluva lot worse.
We all know where this country is headed, and an armed population is mutually exclusive of their plans.
7mm

Dumb fugs !

I carried a 1911 on duty long before I could purchase one. Nothing new there.

But, I would not compare a trained Marine to some puke 18 - 20 year old civilian.
Originally Posted by Tarbe

Dumb fugs !

But, I would not compare a trained Marine to some puke 18 - 20 year old civilian.

Wonder what background of training Rittenhouse had?
Originally Posted by steve4102

Are you referring to FL’s Red Flag law signed by DeSantis or red flag laws in general.

In general. All over the country. Baby Bush did us no favors. That colluding globalist fugk.

Dumb fugs !

No idea. But his judgment sure sucked. He should have stayed at his post vs wandering around in enemy territory.
I don't see how a red flag law would survive our current SCOTUS

Taking away a constitutional right without due process is civil war level stuff
Originally Posted by KFWA

You would think so.

Dumb fugs !

No idea. But his judgment sure sucked. He should have stayed at his post vs wandering around in enemy territory.

Seemed to handle his AR pretty well.
Well The House just passed the Red Flag Bill,

5 Republicans for it, one Democrat against it.

Ever hear of the patriot act? How about the National Firearms Act, NFA? Federal Firearms Act of 1938, FFA? Gun Control Act of 1968,GCA? FOPA?
The Constitution has been stomped to death and the SC did nothing.

Nice thought. He was well trained for a 17yo
Well The House just passed the Red Flag Bill,

5 Republicans for it, one Democrat against it.

Should have added that whatever does come back out of the Senate will most likely be rejected by the House and kicked back.
Originally Posted by Cowboybart

Nice thought. He was well trained for a 17yo

Yep. Kept his cool under pressure and took care of business that needed taking care of.

The real purpose of the Red Flag laws is to create a system whereby they can SWAT anyone who the ruling regime doesn't like. No due process, so no check on arbitrary exercises of raw police power against their enemies.
So far the House has passed age to purchase limits, Red Flag laws, expanded background checks, ban and buyback of high capacity mags.

More will likely follow before the weekend.
Just called both my US Senators. No one to pick up, so I left a message for both to oppose all new gun control and Red Flag legislation, the latter being a violation of due process rights. I assume they must be flooded with such calls, because usually there is a human being who picks up to take the call, but both offices let my call go to messages.

I urge you all to do the same.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Just called both my US Senators. No one to pick up, so I left a message for both to oppose all new gun control and Red Flag legislation, the latter being a violation of due process rights. I assume they must be flooded with such calls, because usually there is a human being who picks up to take the call, but both offices let my call go to messages.

Being from FL, you already are subjected to Red Flag laws.

I know. That SOB Scott signed it into law before leaving for the Senate. What's your point? I should wish to have the abomination confirmed at the Federal level, too?

Then you haven’t been paying tension.

Please provide the names and a link to Mr. Harry's senators so he knows who to call and where to reach them.
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

Ever hear of the patriot act? How about the National Firearms Act, NFA? Federal Firearms Act of 1938, FFA? Gun Control Act of 1968,GCA? FOPA?

I wouldn't be surprised if the current iteration of SCOTUS would take a harder look at the Patriot Act.

My faith may be misplaced in them however.

What the h@ll does that mean?

Explain

Not. I'm a boomer (1948), as are many on here. It's primarily the hippy, druggy boomer children and their children.

OK, I give you, boomers are to blame for letting idiot offspring live to procreate.

Who says abortion is all bad?
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

I wouldn't be surprised if the current iteration of SCOTUS would take a harder look at the Patriot Act.

My faith may be misplaced in them however.

BIG Time.
Another “Mass Shooting” today in Maryland.
Another “Mass Shooting” today in Maryland.

Maybe you should start a thread about it.

I know. That SOB Scott signed it into law before leaving for the Senate. What's your point? I should wish to have the abomination confirmed at the Federal level, too?

We are stuck with Scott.. for now. Lowlife POS.

I have crossed swords with him through email, I think as many times as I have with Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, another POS.
© 24hourcampfire