Home
Posted By: atvalaska Monday off ? Thanks Texas - 06/15/22
That's what Wikipedia says ...something about the last freed slaves in Texas in 1865 , guess I'll go fishing ! When' is the holiday where the rest of us are treed of Bite-me-Harris ? HOW many of you Texas guys been celebrating for years and not telling us about it.... that's a Wikipedia says 'it's been celebrated since 1865'?......... and I ain't heard about it till the last year
I'll be working
Never heard of it.
I just found it out...I would have been at work awhile before I figured it out..lol
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Monday off ? Thanks Texas - 06/15/22
Working, as a show of solidarity with those who won't be.

LOL, solidarity my arse!
My party has made these apes think they are liberated, fuggin hilarious!

Maybe there will be a juneteenth cease fire in the hoods ?

Black on black crimes, poor health care, lead in the water, bad education, drugs, babby daddy’s, lack of family structure, abortion…hells yeah !

Vote democrat!
Posted By: Stophel Re: Monday off ? Thanks Texas - 06/15/22
Other than banks (who will happily close for ANY reason), who the hell has "juneteenth" off work???? I'm lucky to get off July 4.
A bit of hairsplitting, but slavery existed past 1865 in Alaska, it just wasn’t US territory yet… took awhile to get all the slaves freed even after the US purchase.

But those were natives who owned slaves, so that’s an inconvenient history.
Funny chit
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: Monday off ? Thanks Texas - 06/15/22
Originally Posted by LoadClear
A bit of hairsplitting, but slavery existed past 1865 in Alaska, it just wasn’t US territory yet… took awhile to get all the slaves freed even after the US purchase.

But those were natives who owned slaves, so that’s an inconvenient history.
A schitt load of native Americans owned and traded slaves in the lower continent too.
Nooo!!!! you can't tell me that the "Native Americans" were not perfect, peace loving, proto-Green Party angels!!!!

One with nature! Flute music! Wind blowing through their hair!
Originally Posted by Stophel
Nooo!!!! you can't tell me that the "Native Americans" were not perfect, peace loving, proto-Green Party angels!!!!

One with nature! Flute music! Wind blowing through their hair!
Tatonka...Tatonka.
[Linked Image from static.tvmaze.com]
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
My party has made these apes think they are liberated, fuggin hilarious!

Maybe there will be a juneteenth cease fire in the hoods ?

Black on black crimes, poor health care, lead in the water, bad education, drugs, babby daddy’s, lack of family structure, abortion…hells yeah !

Vote democrat!

I’m betting the Groids in Chitcago will set a new record for shooting each other on Juneteenth. NBN and all.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Monday off ? Thanks Texas - 06/15/22
I’m gonna be OFF on that Monday

So either way
Originally Posted by Stophel
[Linked Image from static.tvmaze.com]

I always wished there would be an episode where Dale blew his guts out with a shotgun and set the house on fire so he and the slut burned to death together while he smoked a cig outside and then walked off into the sunset.
Good grief Charles Brown!
After Lincoln signed the "Emancipation Proclamation", Dulles and Reagan Int'l were closed for repairs due to Confederate shelling. Homing pidgeons had been eliminated and Texas didn't have the network in place for 5G internet, so they stuck a copy of the EP on a sailing ship in Chesapeake Bay and sailed it to Galveston, TX.
The ship docked on June the 19th. Some government lackey walked off* the ship, read the Emancipation Proclamation over a loud speaker so all the black long shoremen could hear it. The rest is history and a Texas "holiday" ever since.
Thank Mas'sah Biden for making it a Nat'l holiday!

(Where were Sam Morse and Alex Bell when we needed them?)

* - he had to wait until his COVID-19 test came back negative
Posted By: hanco Re: Monday off ? Thanks Texas - 06/16/22
I’m taking that day off!
It ain’t obswerved in da banks, tarry!
I was told ..I'm off.... I asked on my way in ! Funny thing the sign on the door said.... """in observance of the holiday this Branch will be closed on Monday"""..so I asked why the 4th is next week .... junebugtheeth
Posted By: Steve Re: Monday off ? Thanks Texas - 06/16/22
I showed up to work on MLK day not knowing it was a day off. Just checked the company calendar and sho' nuf have Juneteenth off too!

Thanks ATV for posting this! And thanks Texas!

I'm fweee!!!!
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Monday off ? Thanks Texas - 06/16/22
I’ll be working a 10, maybe a 12 depending on how I feel.
Posted By: MAC Re: Monday off ? Thanks Texas - 06/16/22
I teach HS. What is this work in the summer that you talk of?
It's crunch time. I'll be working all weekend and double time on Monday.
I will be home grilling .......
Should shoot about 50 today in Chicago!
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Monday off ? Thanks Texas - 06/16/22
Every day is holiday for me, and it has nothing do with any Negroes looking for retribution.
Posted By: deflave Re: Monday off ? Thanks Texas - 06/16/22
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Every day is holiday for me, and it has nothing do with any Negroes looking for retribution.

I imagine having the IQ of an acorn would be pretty liberating.

LOL
why do groids need a day off? most of them dont have a job anyway.Except for gangbanging,and eating off of EBT cards and they are already at home doing that
© 24hourcampfire