Home
Posted By: stxhunter Go Carts - 06/18/22
I picked up a go-cart chassis, which has a 6.5 Briggs, going to pull that and sand it paint it, new tires everything... then put a 212cc predator ghost cart racing motor on it with the accessory pack. I think I was reading those motors with the mods will make about 20 HP.

Flave's scooter will have nothing on this when I make beer runs to the corner store, going to have fun terrorizing the neighborhood. I will post before and after pics.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
Good man.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
Lift it, shocks, off road tires.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
Originally Posted by JeffA
Lift it, shocks, off road tires.
going to put wide slicks on it for running on pavement, might get another set for offroad which is what it has now.
Had a Rupster when I was a kid, absolutely coolest thing ever.

Have fun..
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
Hell yes! Go karts rock.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
Git r done !!!!!!!!

Blew the opportunity to grab a beautiful BDI Owosso Exalter Explorer trike a few years back. Been kicking myself ever since.............

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
We have a great cart track over here. Kinda spendy, but I laugh all the way through it.
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
parts for karts n stuf https://www.bmikarts.com/
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
I love a project like this... hell yeah.

'Merica!
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
When I was growing up I rode dirt bikes and street/trail bikes. All the roads around here were chert and our farm was surrounded in hundreds of acres of potato fields with enough room at the edge of the fields for horse/motorcycle/go cart trails. My younger brother was too young to really hold up a bike....so my Dad fixed up an old go cart frame and put a briggs/stratton motor from a rotor tiller on it. Put the gas throttle on the steering column and used an old leather belt as a brake....it was an accident waiting to happen....and it was about as much fun as you could have with your clothes on.

Had a friend I rode dirt bikes with a lot. His Dad would buy him anything he wanted, always had a nice bike. After the first time he drove that go cart, anytime he'd come to ride, he'd park his bike and drive that go cart.
Posted By: deflave Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I picked up a go-cart chassis, which has a 6.5 Briggs, going to pull that and sand it paint it, new tires everything... then put a 212cc predator ghost cart racing motor on it with the accessory pack. I think I was reading those motors with the mods will make about 20 HP.

Flave's scooter will have nothing on this when I make beer runs to the corner store, going to have fun terrorizing the neighborhood. I will post before and after pics.

The Ruckus prevents arrest.

Go-karts encourage arrest.

LOL

I do love a go-kart though. If I found an old frame I'd snag it too.
That's why they gotta be fast.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: 06hunter59 Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
I love go carts! I had an old homemade one when I was a kid I traded an old outboard motor for. It was slow and ugly, but one hell of alot of fun! I've had a number of factory carts off and on over the years and loved them all.
Coolest thing I ever had was an "El Tryke" 3 wheeled dune cycle with fiberglass body. It was a panic to drive. It went almost anywhere and was fast!
Traded it for a Kawasaki 175.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
Love Flaves Ruckus, this go-cart better be epic.
Originally Posted by deflave

Not around my house.

My dad was a gearhead, dirt track stock car kinda guy.
Everything we owned hauled azz.
We had twin engine track carts.
Before the reduction gear box was a thing for airboats and V8 bigblock car motors became common, he put a 6 cylinder 350 Franklin in our airboat, 100mph+.

My childhood was a learn fast or die kinda thing.

[Linked Image from franklin-engines.com]220 hp at 2800 r.p.m
Thats the engine that was in Dad's Maule M4.

Only had a 1200 TBO I think.
I cheated death more than once in that boat.
He cut me loose with it when I was 14.

There were parents that didn't let their kids play at our house.
I cheated death more than once in that boat.
He cut me loose with it when I was 14.

There were parents that didn't let their kids play at our house.

Probably still parents that feel that way.
Maybe, but most kids are whimps today.
They suffer from not having fathers that put them on dirt bikes when they're in their single digits.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
Had a Rupster when I was a kid, absolutely coolest thing ever.

Have fun..

We had a Rupp mini bike when I was a kid. It would only do about 20 mph, but it was fun for a little kid.
They suffer from not having fathers that put them on dirt bikes when they're in their single digits.

Are you not supposed to do that?

My boys got started at 5.
I crashed my first bike at 6 years of age.
It was my dad's vintage Indian, it was sitting there idling and my dad put me on the seat to get a picture.

He failed to inform me I couldn't prop my foot on the suicide shifter to push myself back on the seat.

I jumped and stood there beside my dad as we watched that bike go about 100ft down a hill.

I didn't do that twice, boys learn as they go along, yours will be no different, there will be nicks and dings.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22

Asleep at the wheel? 😊

How many kids do you have?
Posted By: kolofardos Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
Very cool! Get a decent trailer for it as well.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

YEP, that's deflave. Rio7
Originally Posted by RIO7
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

YEP, that's deflave. Rio7

RIO,

I think it's funny your dad left you that schit hole you call a "ranch."

LOL
CATFISH, You would give your left nut to be in a place like this ranch, go sit in the corner and suck you thumb. Rio7
Posted By: Raferman Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
CATFISH, You would give your left nut to be in a place like this ranch, go sit in the corner and suck you thumb. Rio7
How do you run a ranch when you don't belive in fencing?
Raferman, GFY Rio7

I wouldn't go into that here but it'd surprise ya.

OK, let's try this.

How many kids have you raised that were your kids?

RIO,

You live in a fugking schit hole and I bet you regret opposing that wall and Trump right about now.

LOL

You fugking idiot.
Originally Posted by Raferman

That's easy.

He's not a rancher.

LOL
Posted By: BeardedGunsmith Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
Gopowersports.com
They have everything you could want or need to relive childhood.
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
My friends kid has been running a go cart since he was three. Kid is five and a half now and is a speed demon with the cart. Dad had to turn the governor way down. Kid can pull start the motor himself now. Next is a dirt bike.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
When I was just out of the USN, I bought a go-kart from a guy that had a weak-tit engine on it.. I dumped that, then found a wrecked Kawasaki motorcycle with a twin cylinder engine.. Long story short, I modified that kart and then I had a 4-speed Kart that would do 0-60 STAT and with a buddy of mine that used a Bridgestone 175cc motorcycle engine - we'd cruise all night on the backroads... Damn that was a fun time...
Posted By: CCCC Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
Some guys here do a big time reveal of their gross ignorance - or dearth of civility (or both) - when they post stuff about folks whose experience and circumstances they neither know nor understand.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Go Carts - 06/18/22
What’s an electric motor running these days.
Originally Posted by CCCC
Some guys here do a big time reveal of their gross ignorance - or dearth of civility (or both) - when they post stuff about folks whose experience and circumstances they neither know nor understand.

Be specific or Fugk off.
When we lived remote in the high country, it was wonderful when the grown kids and grand kids came all at one time for a week or two in summer. Too much to list all of the cool stuff we got to do.

But, one morning when we all were out by the gate taking turns to see who could run the shortest time through the up/down and in/out course on the go kart (three stopwatches in use), one daughter told me that thing was the best toy I had ever put together or bought. From 5 yrs old to 70, everybody had big fun trying to beat one another. Driving skill helped, shifting balance helped, and weighing light helped.

I had mounted a reworked Tecumseh (50% HP gain) on a really good frame, tightened the steering and suspended it harder, and lowered with offsets. It was almost impossible to turn that buzzer over and it felt like ground flying. It rattled teeth when running on some of that surface, but not a soul ever complained. "I'm next, my turn next".
Duplicate removed.

OK, let's try this.

How many kids have you raised that were your kids?

We're obviously having a failure to communicate here.

My family matters don't get discussed in online forums.
Even the photos I post of the kids hunting and fishing get deleted after a few hours.

Some years back I did discuss some personal matters about the retrieval of a hand gun that fallen into police possession.

I recall your upmost support and assistance in that highly sensitive family matter and for that I most graciously thank you..
Posted By: Redneck Re: Go Carts - 06/19/22
Um, like your post?
Posted By: CCCC Re: Go Carts - 06/19/22
Originally Posted by Redneck
Um, like your post?
Redneck - kindly identify the person about whom I posted there.
Posted By: blanket Re: Go Carts - 06/19/22
Them harbor freight motors make some serious horse power done right.
Posted By: ToeCutter Re: Go Carts - 06/19/22
Originally Posted by Raferman

How do you post on here when you are a blowhard and just belittle others? you must be a tough guy
Posted By: blanket Re: Go Carts - 06/19/22
I have a couple of hot saws built with them
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Go Carts - 06/19/22
I know how to figure gear ratio for building a drag car for optimum acceleration and top in speed in a 1/4 mile, but not a cart or motorcycle running a sprocket, I know tire height will play into it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Didn't finish my question does anyone know how to figure out what tooth sprocket with rpm and tire height. A formula maybe like doing a car.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Go Carts - 06/19/22
https://www.blocklayer.com/chain-sprocket.aspx
Thank you.
© 24hourcampfire