Home
That guy should not get the time of day but some like poachers I guess.
I don't any sound.
Loser
LOL
I knew a couple of guys like him who hunted the plantations in South Georgia and North Florida. One was a manager on one plantation but poached the others. He said it wasn’t any fun to hunt where he had permission to hunt. All the plantation people worried about back then was quail. Deer weren’t really a big deal.
Not sure “poaching” on what amounts to a private game reserve for the well-heeled is in the same category as real poaching.
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Not sure “poaching” on what amounts to a private game reserve for the well-heeled is in the same category as real poaching.

No matter how one looks at it, poaching = stealing, stealing = poaching.

Explain please.

Stealing is stealing. Whether it's the potatoes from the poor or
gold from the King.

Who is to say the owner of the reserve isn't some blue collar schmuck

Who is indebted to his eye teeth and busting his ass in pursuit of his dream?
Hell is Hell
Sounds to me like that guy was pretty much a piece of crap for the majority of his life and now is trying to cash in on it somehow.
Bingo
Lmao
Only Texas could gay up something like hunting sooooo badly that poachers are seen as heros.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Only Texas could gay up something like hunting sooooo badly that poachers are seen as heros.
Jim, not Heroes but pretty much something every high school kid did that like to hunt back in those days. Get a case of beer and hit the back roads or hop a fence for the more daring.
The whole giving away of the wildlife was a weird thing to do.
Had a rancher in town who always said, "me and the deer have an agreement, I feed them and they feed me". He never was caught.
He wasn't the only one poaching on the King and Kennedy ranches in the 80's. It doesn't sound to me like the prince of poachers is a very good hunter. But he was definitely hunting in a very good area for big whitetails, just not as good as KS.
People would be surprised how many game wardens poach and they’re not prosecuted when they get caught or lose their jobs. I have too many first hand experiences. Not hearsay. Including where Charlie hunted. Just like our entire justice system, one for your you and one for them.
I’ve known Charlie a long long time. I won’t attempt to defend him. I will tell you the facts. He’s an incredible hunter and one tough sob. He would make Rambo beg for a time out there catch his breath.
Charlie is also an incredibly taxidermist. He has more talent in his little toe than 99.9% of taxidermist . Just ask any taxidermist that knows him, they know. Everything Charlie did was wrong, he knows it. Some folks just function at a higher level and persue their passion. How many average guys, not rich, can look in the mirror and say they did it their way when it’s all over.
Charlie did find the Lord at one point and wanted to repent. He called the game warden captain, told him he found God, wanted to turn in his heads. Captain said I’ll send a car over. Charlie said you might want to send a truck, there’s 21 heads. They were put on display at the academy. Years later Charlie decided to start hunting again. He called the Captain and said I want my heads back. Captain said no, I can’t do that. Charlie says, thrashings will continue until morale improves.
Let the thrashing began. I’m sure all the perfect people with no flaws will chime in. Just the facts.

Some have no clue as to how some monied Catholics in a sea of Catholics used money and bullets and paid off lawmen to move or kill poor Mexicans off their small spreads to amass huge land masses over the ages while having to pay essentially no significant taxes on it due to money under the table and crooked politicians.

Pay a threatened poor farmer a lot of money for his place one evening and have your riders come back after dark and knock on the door. When the guy opens the door shoot him and threaten the kids and mom will tell where the money is hid.

Do that a few times and word gets around. Offer a guy money and they just pack up and leave town.

Many big ranchers were so benevolent they just gave land for highways away. It was supposedly too worthless to sell. A few bucks under the table to county tax assessors and it was easy to hold several hundred thousand acres together.

The law was that the game belonged to the people of Texas. Ranchers could pay for trespass fees to hunt but they couldnt sell the peoples deer. Well billions from oil bought and changed the laws on that. Now they run a few worthless cattle to keep the taxes down and effectively have stolen and own the peoples deer.

Rather like Hitlers black forest or the Kings deer of Great Britain.

Yeah, Robin Hood was just another no good poacher.

Work the peons to death and tax their ass to pay for the counties or kings expenses.

Ain't America great.
This guys says in an interview that he poached deer because he lost custody of his son in a nasty divorce. He poached to get back at the State of Texas for the court decision. Stupid...

Jag... WTF dude. You're hitting the bottle early tonight.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Jim, not Heroes but pretty much something every high school kid did that like to hunt back in those days. Get a case of beer and hit the back roads or hop a fence for the more daring.

Ha, unreal now many high school coaches couldnt wait to get home from a Friday night football game to have a bud haul a couple of them out and drop them off an hour after midnight and pick them up at 11 oc Sunday night.
Originally Posted by MOGC
This guys says in an interview that he poached deer because he lost custody of his son in a nasty divorce. He poached to get back at the State of Texas for the court decision. Stupid...

Smell your breath, bro, I posted that 8 or 9 hours ago.
Originally Posted by SKane

No matter how one looks at it, poaching = stealing, stealing = poaching.

Yep!!!

I call poachers here at the Ranch, “targets of opportunity”. It’s a good way to get shot at around here.

More like livestock rustling, maybe?
Originally Posted by jaguartx

I'm talking about the irrational rant on Catholics and whatever the hell else you were carrying on about. That was 18 minutes ago.
Some of youse guys should read this book and piss and moan about a few trappers travelling across country and shooting a buffler and eating the hump and leaving the rest for the wolves to eat or leaving Indians with the pox to die alone while unable to care for themselves or killing others.

Werent they poaching on the Indians land? They killed off the buffler and starved the Indians out. I'm sure the nearest res would be happy if some of you would sign your place over to them. Hey, you bought it from people whom bought it from people who stole it from them.

Read about the Indians driving herds off a cliff and leaving many to waste and condem them. TFF.

Nothing on earth like a bunch of holier than thou hypocrites.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
This wasnt the same thing as poaching a deer off your 2 or 400 acres you protect for your grandkids.

I knew some of the kids of those big ranchers. They dont even deer hunt after getting grown.

Their interest is only on the big 5 and mountain sheep and kodiak.

They let the ranch hands that live in small communities with churches and stores and such on their land miles from town kill and eat whatever deer they wish, doe or buck, all year round. It let's them get by with paying them less.

Now, of course, since many ranches sell the people's deer they frown on killing the booners.
The schit a Texan will revere is flat astounding.
Some of youse guys should read this book and piss and moan about a few trappers travelling across country and shooting a buffler and eating the hump and leaving the rest for the wolves to eat or leaving Indians with the pox to die alone while unable to care for themselves or killing others.

Werent they poaching on the Indians land? They killed off the buffler and starved the Indians out. I'm sure the nearest res would be happy if some of you would sign your place over to them. Hey, you bought it from people whom bought it from people who stole it from them.

Read about the Indians driving herds off a cliff and leaving many to waste and condem them. TFF.

Nothing on earth like a bunch of holier than thou hypocrites.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I can see why CockSocket is your buddy.

LOL
Hahaha. We knew the biggest hypocrite would have to chime in.

Tff. Whatever you say, Travey. wink
eyeball, sometimes I wonder if you ever go back and read what you post.
The Fire is full of guys who never drove home from a party after a few drinks. Well, I'm not one of those.

Some have no clue as to how some monied Catholics in a sea of Catholics used money and bullets and paid off lawmen to move or kill poor Mexicans off their small spreads to amass huge land masses over the ages while having to pay essentially no significant taxes on it due to money under the table and crooked politicians.

Pay a threatened poor farmer a lot of money for his place one evening and have your riders come back after dark and knock on the door. When the guy opens the door shoot him and threaten the kids and mom will tell where the money is hid.

Do that a few times and word gets around. Offer a guy money and they just pack up and leave town.

Many big ranchers were so benevolent they just gave land for highways away. It was supposedly too worthless to sell. A few bucks under the table to county tax assessors and it was easy to hold several hundred thousand acres together.

The law was that the game belonged to the people of Texas. Ranchers could pay for trespass fees to hunt but they couldnt sell the peoples deer. Well billions from oil bought and changed the laws on that. Now they run a few worthless cattle to keep the taxes down and effectively have stolen and own the peoples deer.

Rather like Hitlers black forest or the Kings deer of Great Britain.

Yeah, Robin Hood was just another no good poacher.

Work the peons to death and tax their ass to pay for the counties or kings expenses.

Ain't America great.

This is really well put.

Those huge Texas ranches weren’t assembled by helping little old ladies across the street....

....unless it was out into heavy traffic.

Quite a few folks sold their souls for cows back then, likely reaping their wages right now.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
eyeball, sometimes I wonder if you ever go back and read what you post.

BGG, when you get old it's fun to make people wonder.

Just dont worry about game wardens ever checking out all the deer the ranch hands eat all year.

Amazingly some of the best Texas game wardens were some of the best poachers first, but I'm not going to name any. wink
The Fire is full of guys who never drove home from a party after a few drinks. Well, I'm not one of those.

That’s what I’m talking about .
Some people are leaving skid marks on the water they’re treading .
Kenneth
Originally Posted by deflave
The schit a Texan will revere is flat astounding.

Like some on the fire do you? Funny narcissists are still narcissists. wink
Originally Posted by Kenneth66

That’s what I’m talking about .
Some people are leaving skid marks on the water they’re treading .
Kenneth

And the hypocrites know it.

I'm talking about the irrational rant on Catholics and whatever the hell else you were carrying on about. That was 18 minutes ago.

I posted many times that all organized religions have been seduced by Satan, and will turn against Christ for the Almighty dollar before this is over, but since you're so easily triggered,

"Many will come in my name..."

"Call no one on earth father, for your father is in Heaven."

"There will be a great gnashing of teeth... "

Believe Him or men. Men are liars.

I knew a guy who used to say the same thing. Until he rolled his car one night and killed one of his passengers.

I'm not saying I've never done it, but it's not something to brag about.
Skidmarks

I posted many times that all organized religions have been seduced by Satan, and will turn against Christ for the Almighty dollar before this is over, but since you're so easily triggered,

Judge not lest you be judged yourself.
I have a relative who lives not too far from NYC where whitetail are abundant. His house abutted a wooded area and he would go back there and shoot two or three deer every fall, for the meat. Common practice in that area.

He’s buy a tag every year but just not attach it until the last deer. Thought of himself as an ethical hunter, didn’t shoot out of season, didn’t waste meat. No noticeable affect on deer numbers either.

I gotta admire the bush skills and initiative of this prince guy, but sounds like he left a lot of meat to rot, just shooting for horns.
Farmer at San Benito told me he hunted the King all the time. While I'm mentally trying to figure out how much a lease would cost he finished by saying " Yep, give that Mexican guard at the gate a hundred dollar bill and he'll even help you load the deer up"
Originally Posted by wytex

Since when did I judge? So, you're one of those who disagree with Gods statement in the Bible that the Bible is good for reproach?

Do you consider repeating scripture as pronouncing judgement? Some fear it worse than COVID-19.
I guess HE was right, "For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."
Maybe that's why some blaspheme Gods word by calling it Judgement.
Maybe that's why some churches dont preach it.
Maybe that's why some churches ignore it, not wanting to make anyone too uncomfortable.
Anything to keep their blood of life flowing in - called money. whistle
One thing I haven’t heard Mr Beaty comment on is rattlesnakes. I never much worried about them, but I have never done near the running around in the brush that he has.
Originally Posted by wytex

Since when did I judge? So, you're one of those who disagree with Gods statement in the Bible that the Bible is good for reproach?

Do you consider repeating scripture as pronouncing judgement? Some fear it worse than COVID-19.
I guess HE was right, "For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."
Maybe that's why some blaspheme Gods word by calling it Judgement.
Maybe that's why some churches dont preach it.
Maybe that's why some churches ignore it, not wanting to make anyone too uncomfortable.
Anything to keep their blood of life flowing in - called money. whistle

You judge everyone and everything. No worries about running into you in the afterlife, I'm saved and good with that.
Pay that bet off yet?
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
One thing I haven’t heard Mr Beaty comment on is rattlesnakes. I never much worried about them, but I have never done near the running around in the brush that he has.
I have only seen a hand full. Have seen most crossing the county rd. The place my parents had in Duval county had several large Idigos, we never saw a rattler there.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I have only seen a hand full. Have seen most crossing the county rd. The place my parents had in Duval county had several large Idigos, we never saw a rattler there.
Just saw a video on facebook this morning of an Indigo killing a rattlesnake. I think that I shared it, but not sure. miles
© 24hourcampfire