Home
Posted By: kennymauser Be on the lookout for!---- - 06/23/22
Last week when the Stillwater River and Rosebud and the rest that flow above Absarokee MT. flooded. One of the homes that was near one of those streams was washed downriver (actually half of it). Anyway, the guys wife put on face book that they were glad they survived the flood, but her husband asked her to let people know if they see a 346" bull elk mount and a Large Whitetail mount floating down the river to let him know. He would like to salvage the horns if he could.
I was talking to a friend from Absarokee and he said his brother who lives downstream from the destroyed house call and said "guess what I just saw heading past my house. Later on another guy I know that lives on the Stillwater below Absarokee said he saw them go under the bridge by his house. (around 5 miles further)
They may have been found by now or are sitting high and dry in a log jam or island in the Yellowstone.!
Do you think he will ever find his horns?
That house (If it's the same one I saw) went into the water, like it wasn't bolted down.
He probably had "National Flood Insurance" through the government and will have his house rebuilt in the same exact spot so it can happen again. The taxpayers foot the bill.
© 24hourcampfire