Home
Arch Manning announces highly anticipated commitment

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/arch-manning-announces-commitment

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
He’s the The grandson of Archie, and nephew of Peyton & Eli.

He had better hope the T-sips buy him a OLine & DF before he gets there.

Texas will be allowed in the SEC in the 2025 Season.
1 season of getting crushed then transfer portal to highest NIL bidder
He should have signed with TAMU.
Ole sore loser Saban claimed the Aggies had the best recruiting class money could buy last year. 🤪
I kinda thought it might be Ole Miss.
He never really seemed like he was coming to Ole Miss, though I selfishly wish he would.
Wouldn't seem that the Mannings would need the money; guess it frees up more money for other recruits.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Or Georgia. Ole Kirby Dumb is gonna be pissed. 😂
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Right, Georgia seems more logical. Texas is a weird choice at this stage.

Yep. UT hasn’t been competitive in YEARS.
They’ll be the SEC’s new whipping post when they join.
Is he REALLY that good, or is he riding on the laurels of his uncle(s)? and Dad Grandfather.
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Is he REALLY that good, or is he riding on the laurels of his uncle(s)? and Dad.

From what I've heard - he's really that good.
I would have bet on Alabama
Texas?

Poor bastard😂

The video you posted seemed to say that he wanted to play for the Texas coach as prep for the NFL. He is obviously not looking for the most logical route to the national championship game.

Dumb enough to bring us a Natty. When the absolute hayul has Texas been relevant?

We’ll be fine and best of luck to Arch.
He'll be a top NFL prospect. At this point college is just about how much pipe he's gonna lay.
He'll be under the microscope and pressure from now on - much more than most other kids
Originally Posted by Teal
Is he REALLY that good, or is he riding on the laurels of his uncle(s)? and Dad.

He is better than Peyton or Elie at this stage. He can run has a big arm and can punt the ball 50 yards and a mile high.

He is very good
I imagine the young man is going to Sarkisian College as much as anything else. He should learn a lot from that coach. He and his family know that. They all made this pick, and they all have a year to change their mind should something go wrong.

Far as Ole Miss goes he could do a lot worse than playing for Kiffin. Like him or not Lane Kiffin knows football and how to work with players. But then there’s that O-line thing. And receivers. And defense. And how many will commit to come play with Manning. Who knows, he might recruit some guys himself.

Yep. I’ve heard and read the same. And smart too.

I can’t imagine him picking Texas over Alabama, Georgia, ect.

But I’m guessing his family doesn’t like Saban. Earlier this year, it looked like Georgia was a done deal.
Originally Posted by Godogs57

Dumb enough to bring us a Natty. When the absolute hayul has Texas been relevant?

The T-sips haven’t been relevant in College Ball since Mack Brown coached there.
Originally Posted by hanco
I would have bet on Alabama
Tide already has a Heisman QB…
I haven’t followed the Horn’s football for a few years. When I left, I think they had huge coaching problems.
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
He'll be under the microscope and pressure from now on - much more than most other kids

He's likely more poised than half the backups in the NFL right now.
Originally Posted by SKane

He’s been taught very well from the best of the best who have been there.

Why you hating on Baker Mayfield?
I think Manning went to Texas because of Sarkisian. That is not a bad idea for him at all.

However, without Saban to keep Sarkisian straight, how long is it before he climbs back in
the bottle with all of the pressure from Texas alumni and contributors.
I just don't think this is a good decision for him. If the team around him really sucks, the NFL might not happen.

I looked at his stats yesterday, his passer rating is through the roof, but not all that many yards. Just over 2000 in 10 games. Not a mind blowing number. I expected more yards from the #1 recruit in the nation. Maybe they were pulling him early from some games I dunno.
I just don't think this is a good decision for him. If the team around him really sucks, the NFL might not happen.

I looked at his stats yesterday, his passer rating is through the roof, but not all that many yards. Just over 2000 in 10 games. Not a mind blowing number. I expected more yards from the #1 recruit in the nation. Maybe they were pulling him early from some games I dunno.

Normally I'd agree but he'll get a shot in the NFL based on his name and HS resume alone. Anyone else, might be harder to do so but he'll end up, at a minimum, in an NFL camp - regardless of how college goes.
Originally Posted by Godogs57

The T-sips haven’t been relevant in College Ball since Mack Brown coached there.

I sure hope Mack can get the Tarheels going this year. My daughter will be a freshman this year and we’ll be going to a few games.
He plays for a small private 3A school, Newman. My son's team has been doing 7on7 drills the last few weeks against them. We are a 5A team. (my son is a lineman, so he isn't there, but I have watched the 7on7 on Hudl.)

He is very good, but, not all that and a bag of chips. They are consistently a very good team in their division, but they do not play 5A caliber teams either. He does have good genes. He is a senior this year, so I will be keeping an eye on his development this year. If he progresses like he should, he will have success.

Clyde

LOL.

I'd love to see Baker light it up this year.
He's gotten his just deserts for being a child but he's cocky (and confident) enough to still be a good qb.

LOL.

I'd love to see Baker light it up this year.
He's gotten his just deserts for being a child but he's cocky (and confident) enough to still be a good qb.

Agreed - he's the guy you have to be reasonably successful until you get the guy that has you playing in the last game of the year. Actually - Baker might be that guy too but it likely takes a real, complete team to win. He's not going to cover too many flaws.

Let's consider the following;

He's got better counsel(s) than any prospect in the history of high school football.
With all the football minds in that family, do you think Sark and Texas weren't thoroughly vetted?

Major coup for Texas and Texas recruiting. And the Longhorns will now be on TV more than Seinfeld reruns.

Let's consider the following;

He's got better counsel(s) than any prospect in the history of high school football.
With all the football minds in that family, do you think Sark and Texas weren't thoroughly vetted?

Major coup for Texas and Texas recruiting. And the Longhorns will now be on TV more than Seinfeld reruns.

Duke is Duke, they're on TV more than Leave it to Beaver re-runs.....

laugh laugh

Figured that one was in need of an update.

laugh laugh

Figured that one was in need of an update.

I'm glad you caught it! Starting to feel old
This was questionable. Sarkisian might not be around long if Texas continues to lose.

Texas needs a more mobile QB.
I had high hopes he would become a Montana Grizzly. Alas, it was not to be.
Well, Texas had better win a couple of championships now or they never will. No good reason that they should not be competing for championships every couple of years anyway with all the in state talent and money at that school.
Ole sore loser Saban claimed the Aggies had the best recruiting class money could buy last year. 🤪

He should know about that.

Fugg Saben in his moute.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

He should know about that.

Fugg Saben in his moute.

LOL. Yep. Pot meet Kettle.

He’s just sore because Jimbo & the Aggies kicked his ass. He’d never been beaten by a former Coach from his staff before them.
He still has a year of high school left. That's a lot of pressure for a Jr.
While nothing in life is guaranteed, he was born and built for this. And surrounded by a family with their feet firmly planted on terra firma.
Screw 'em! I'm quite tired of watching a bunch of blacks that claim to be primadonnas just because they can run with a football! Got their training I guess running 100 yard dash with a 60" TV under each arm!!
Amen, Sharpman 👍 … all the hype, OU will still kick there ass !
Arch Manning announces highly anticipated commitment

Hope the kid keeps his nose clean, doesn't get caught up in the hype and drama. Lot of people with good athletic ability have gotten distracted by party and pussy. Lot of traps out there waiting for him.
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Screw 'em! I'm quite tired of watching a bunch of blacks that claim to be primadonnas just because they can run with a football! Got their training I guess running 100 yard dash with a 60" TV under each arm!!

Gold Medals in The Homeboy Olympics.
Good for him. The Sec is waiting with blitzes athletes desire and want to to decleat another Manning Roll Tide!
Sark is a good coach and a good recruiter. Haven't followed Texas lately but I think for a qb being under Sark is a wise decision. The only caveat to that is how is the O-line. I don't know.
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
Good for him. The Sec is waiting with blitzes athletes desire and want to to decleat another Manning Roll Tide!
The other way to look at is the SEC is great preparation for the NFL defenses and blitzes. He obviously intends to wind up in the NFL.
BOOMER SOONER
It won't be the head coach that really will make the difference; it'll be the QB coach and the offensive coordinator to a great degree.
© 24hourcampfire