Posted By: Raeford Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Let the party begin!
Posted By: SandBilly Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Not seeing it.
Posted By: Muffin Re: ROE - 06/24/22
https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/19-1392_6j37.pdf
(e) Abortion presents a profound moral question. The Constitution
does not prohibit the citizens of each State from regulating or prohibiting abortion. Roe and Casey arrogated that authority. The Court
overrules those decisions and returns that authority to the people and
their elected representatives. Pp. 78–79.
945 F. 3d 265, reversed and remanded.
ALITO, J., delivered the opinion of the Court, in which THOMAS, GORSUCH, KAVANAUGH, and BARRETT, JJ., joined. THOMAS, J., and KAVANAUGH, J., filed concurring opinions. ROBERTS, C. J., filed an opinion
concurring in the judgment. BREYER, SOTOMAYOR, and KAGAN, JJ., filed
a dissenting opinion.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Mike Roe?
Posted By: Toddly Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Cue the craziness!
And suddenly no one is talking about guns............
Posted By: org_Rogue_Hunter Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Just a half hour ago I thought they would hold this to the last day. I'm glad "states rights" were upheld...fifty years of Federal overreach.
Posted By: hookeye Re: ROE - 06/24/22
So is the DNR gonna increase the bag limit on burning/ looting thugs?
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by Raeford
Let the party begin!

Correction - mostly peaceful protesting.

[Linked Image from bravenewworldmedia.com]
Posted By: Teal Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Will anyone explain to them that all it means is it's now a states rights issue and before anyone get's too wound up - people often go to other states to get things not available in theirs and no one is committing arson over that.

CBD, fireworks, gambling etc.
Isn't it interesting that most of the women demonstrating on TV couldn't get laid at a Hell's Angels rally. What the hell do they have to worry about?

But good news, hopefully they will all move to a Blue State that allows abortions.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Donald Trump OWNS this!!!! God bless him!!
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Isn't it interesting that most of the women demonstrating on TV couldn't get laid at a Hell's Angels rally.

What the hell do they have to worry about?

I was just about to ask a similar question.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Trump
Posted By: Muffin Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Yesterday they lamented about children being killed, today they lament because they can't................
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

Not sure how you got there, but this was a case brought against a Mississippi ban on abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy.

He put the judges on the court to ensure they wouldn't go Roberts and go against things. His judges did what they should have done.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
To God be the Glory.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
RBG rolling over…
Posted By: Muffin Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
And now you know why I vote the way I do, it has little to do with Oval Office Politics, and more with what type of judge will be appointed..........

that is all, for me.
Originally Posted by SandBilly
RBG rolling over…

Actually she predicted this. She knew it was a bridge too far.
RBG rolling over…

Actually she predicted this...

She’s still rolling over…
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
First it was pro gun, now Roe overturned--- Brace for impact
Posted By: StGeorger Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by Muffin
Yesterday they lamented about children being killed, today they lament because they can't................

So true, so ironic, so sad. Glad it's back to the states.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
It was always about being a basis for their fake science
Posted By: Steve Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Imagine this session with Merrick Garland on the court.
Originally Posted by Teal

Not sure how you got there, but this was a case brought against a Mississippi ban on abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy.

He put the judges on the court to ensure they wouldn't go Roberts and go against things. His judges did what they should have done.

True that.
Posted By: whackem_stackem Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
It's always amazed me how a court could find anything related to abortion in the constitution other than the 10th Amend. which so clearly gives that power to the states.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Dem underground members are losing what little
mind they had left.

I feel warm and fuzzy..
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
I'm conflicted on abortion. Biblically, I'm against it, but do we really want the offspring of this bunch that is so fanatically for it running around becoming the next generation of crazy leftists?
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Glad the threats had no effect on the ruling.

Hope the Justices families and properties are well protected.

Wouldn't be surprised if there are attacks within the hour.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: ROE - 06/24/22
So does this mean that .gov can no longer give funding to planned parenthood since the feds have no say at this point?
Wow, I'm actually crying. Didn't think it would hit me this hard

It really sucks to know that I do not have agency over my own body.

DU post.

Ya think, snowflake?
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: ROE - 06/24/22
I think abortion should be legal. But, Roe was bad law. Nowhere in the Constitution is there a provision for abortion. Even Commie Ruth Bader Ginsberg thought that Roe was bad law.

So I am glad we have conservative court that struck down this law.

The Dems have only themselves to blame. They controlled the House and Senate for decades after Roe was passed, yet they never made a move to pass laws making abortion legal. They were content to rely on a [faulty] Supreme Court decision.
Posted By: Steve Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by Swifty52
So does this mean that .gov can no longer give funding to planned parenthood since the feds have no say at this point?

Interesting question. Be interesting if a case could be made with standing that could make it to the court.
Posted By: blairvt Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
I'm conflicted on abortion. Biblically, I'm against it, but do we really want the offspring of this bunch that is so fanatically for it running around becoming the next generation of crazy leftists?
exactly
The largest problem is this:

1. We've allowed the unscientific "fact" that an abortion happens to the mother to perpetuate. Her body, her choice. Completely false. It's not her body. Doesn't share the same DNA. If it WAS her body - she'd die, 100%. She'd also need massive amounts of anesthesia and this wouldn't be an outpatient thing - were it her body.
2. We're also allowing this to be framed as "ban abortion" when the reality is - it goes back to the states. That's all. It's not banned, it's simply remanded to the state you live in. Don't like it - move. Same as any other situation - be it taxes, legal weed, gambling, weather, etc.

The right needs to get out front on both - one with the science and 2 with the narrative. Leave the religion home - that's pearls before swine.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by blairvt
exactly
I don't think as many of them will be Leftists after they face the reality of having to live unselfishly.
Posted By: 45_100 Re: ROE - 06/24/22

Agree, I think abortion is murder but there could be times it is justified and even the proper choice. My question comes down to who decides? I think the government should not be the decision maker. I think the Supreme Court once again made the right decision.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
exactly
I don't think as many of them will be Leftists after they face the reality of having to live unselfishly.

If it promotes or encourages libs to move to Lib States, and Conservatives to move to Conservative States, the left can defund the police, remove criminal punishment and abort themselves to death..... and if they get right to it, their demise should be swift....
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: ROE - 06/24/22
That was an abomination of a ruling from day one. No one even actually thought it was legitimate when it first appeared. It was fake law imposed on the nation via judicial fiat. Such matters are state matters only, not Federal. There is no right to murder a child to be found enshrined in the Constitution, nor was it traditionally understood to be a right at the time of the Constitution's ratification. Fake law, now finally dispensed with.

It's only too bad that the justices who originally imposed it on the nation are no longer with us, because otherwise we could haul them before a court and sentence them to hang for their purposeful treason against the Constitution.
Posted By: whackem_stackem Re: ROE - 06/24/22
You sound just like Margaret Sanger
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
You sound just like Margaret Sanger

Or Bill Gates..or any eugenics nut.

I would gladly pay more taxes for the government to provide vasectomy and tubal ligation for ADULTS that CHOOSE to not have kids. Not to murder babies.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: ROE - 06/24/22

It a dilemma for sure. For the most part it eliminates a whole bunch of hood rats. But in my heart I know it’s wrong.
Hasbeen
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: ROE - 06/24/22

Many pro abortion men have decided to get vasectomies.
Posted By: rte Re: ROE - 06/24/22
LOL.

https://twitter.com/DrewHLive/status/1540340413550190592/video/1
Posted By: wabigoon Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Right is Right, and Wrong is Wrong.
Posted By: LBP Re: ROE - 06/24/22
exactly
I agree
Posted By: srwshooter Re: ROE - 06/24/22
The court is on a roll 2 days in a row, how bout banning democrats on saturday!
Posted By: fburgtx Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Glad to see that Roberts hasn’t completely rolled over tothe other side.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: ROE - 06/24/22
This is a "victory" for supporters of the constitution and, more specifically, states' rights. Additionally, all of these pro-abortion left wing politicians should welcome it as an opportunity to prove their constant assertion that the majority of Americans support abortion (woman's right to choose/women's health choices, etc.). Heck, they should welcome this because if they are correct, the voters will all vote for legislation legalizing abortion in every state.
Posted By: Remsen Re: ROE - 06/24/22
I'm still reading the opinion and what I'm seeing is Alito finally reminding the country that Congress, not the courts, make laws, and Roe/Casey was the worst type of legislating from the bench ever. I think Alito, et al., are throwing down the gauntlet, saying that from now on, we return to the court having a limited role in the country. Bravo.

So now that the Constitution has been restored, expect the left to burn the country down.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Overturned
and in practical terms, over turning RvW actually means nothing. Most states will welcome those women seeking to kill their own babies, and some, like California, will even foot the bill for out of state homicidal moms.
Posted By: akrange Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by Raeford
Let the party begin!

Holy Floyd .. Your going get your Party ..
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by Remsen
I'm still reading the opinion and what I'm seeing is Alito finally reminding the country that Congress, not the courts, make laws, and Roe/Casey was the worst type of legislating from the bench ever. I think Alito, et al., are throwing down the gauntlet, saying that from now on, we return to the court having a limited role in the country. Bravo.

So now that the Constitution has been restored, expect the left to burn the country down.
Bravo, indeed.
Posted By: sactoller Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Doesn’t outlaw abortion.

Just said abortion isn’t found in the Constitution.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
President Trump: bringer of Light and Truth, his Magnificence is Holy and Just.

President Trump is God's Vicar and he will dispense vengeance upon the wicked and guilty communists

Hail Victory! Hail Trvmp!!

Ein volk, ein reich, ein Trumpenfuhrer!!

#MAGA

(((heads explode across the internet)))
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Doesn’t outlaw abortion.

Of course.
Posted By: RufusG Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by fburgtx

Roberts only voted on the right side because it would be a majority even without him.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Doesn’t outlaw abortion.

Yep. The dems are pushing a false narrative as usual and as usual their faithful imbeciles are chirping the same.

As RBG pointed out, SCOTUS created a right that was not in the Constitution. She knew sooner or later this would be challenged and won. Surprised it took 50 years.
Posted By: Remsen Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Bravo, indeed.

While I wish the majority opinion didn't engage so much with the dissent's political arguments, Alito just became my second favorite living justice with this:

"We do not pretend to know how our political system or
society will respond to today’s decision overruling Roe and
Casey. And even if we could foresee what will happen, we
would have no authority to let that knowledge influence our
decision. We can only do our job, which is to interpret the
law, apply longstanding principles of stare decisis, and decide this case accordingly.
We therefore hold that the Constitution does not confer a
right to abortion. Roe and Casey must be overruled, and the
authority to regulate abortion must be returned to the people and their elected representatives."

THAT is what the Constitution and our country's very deliberate division of powers stand for.

Edit to add: I just got to the point in the opinion where Alito announces the standard that the court will use in the future for determining whether state laws on abortion are constitutional: Rational review. This is the lowest standard and the right one. As long as a state can rationally explain why it is limiting abortions, it's constitutional. So protecting human life, or potential human life, will become the only reason any state needs to ban or otherwise regulate abortion.

This truly is a revolutionary decision.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22

I hate to admit it, but I am a little fearful of what is about to happen with the evil frickers we have in charge right now.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by RufusG

Roberts only voted on the right side because it would be a majority even without him.

True, but that ALSO would have been cover for him to “virtue-signal” to the Left, as well. “See!! I’m not some meanie Right-winger!! I tried to keep Roe!”.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
The Miranda warning was also thrown out today. It's a great day for America.

kwg
Posted By: JeffA Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Back to coat hangers in a back alley like the good ol'days, nuttin toit
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

No, it wasn’t. The Miranda Warning still applies.
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22

Truth.

And don’t forget who pushed the 3 candidates through the Senate for confirmation of them,,,,as painful as that may be.

I view this as another long needed step towards Balkanization.
Posted By: AKCHOPPER Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Historic day ! Take that you nasty ass feminist !
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22

kwg

Not sure you got that right.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
God bless the USA.

kwg

Not sure you got that right.

Rates right in there with my loss of privacy with communications via the wonderful Patriot Act.
Posted By: Verylargeboots Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Virginia State Police was put on alert about 10 minutes ago for expedited deployment due to the "high possibility of civil unrest". How's the rest of the country looking?
Posted By: kwg020 Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by JoeBob

kwg

No, it wasn’t. The Miranda Warning still applies.
I didn't get to read the whole article
kwg
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Virginia State Police was put on alert about 10 minutes ago for expedited deployment due to the "high possibility of civil unrest". How's the rest of the country looking?

I think I'm cancelling my trip to Milwaukee tomorrow - just in case.
Amazon will be selling DIY kits in no time.

[Linked Image from 1854.photography]
Posted By: Marley7x57 Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
My guess is a lot of ugly women will be moving to Kalifornia to have those much needed abortions. Which is good, as do we really want them to reproduce!
Posted By: Riverc Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Thanks Supreme Court let the States decide not the Federal Government.

Bravo, indeed.

While I wish the majority opinion didn't engage so much with the dissent's political arguments, Alito just became my second favorite living justice with this:

"We do not pretend to know how our political system or
society will respond to today’s decision overruling Roe and
Casey. And even if we could foresee what will happen, we
would have no authority to let that knowledge influence our
decision. We can only do our job, which is to interpret the
law, apply longstanding principles of stare decisis, and decide this case accordingly.
We therefore hold that the Constitution does not confer a
right to abortion. Roe and Casey must be overruled, and the
authority to regulate abortion must be returned to the people and their elected representatives."

THAT is what the Constitution and our country's very deliberate division of powers stand for.

Edit to add: I just got to the point in the opinion where Alito announces the standard that the court will use in the future for determining whether state laws on abortion are constitutional: Rational review. This is the lowest standard and the right one. As long as a state can rationally explain why it is limiting abortions, it's constitutional. So protecting human life, or potential human life, will become the only reason any state needs to ban or otherwise regulate abortion.

This truly is a revolutionary decision.
Yes, excellent.
I mean, if you can afford a Greyhound bus ticket, you’re still going to be able to get an abortion. I suspect the blue states are going to react by legalizing everything and explicitly catering to abortion tourism. Abortions may become cheaper and easier than ever.
I hate to admit it, but I am a little fearful of what is about to happen with the evil frickers we have in charge right now.
They are insane and dangerous, so your fear is very well founded.

kwg
Bullschit.

All quiet on the Southern Front in my AO

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: marktheshark Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22

Might be wise. Im working a bit too close for comfort to Philthydelphia today and anticipating the ruling I threw an AR Pistol and a few spare mags in the truck today as well as a 33 rounder for the G19 Im carrying. Also advised the other fellas who have carry permits that it would be wise to make sure they bring a gun today. Probably going to call it a day at noon and get the hell outta here as an abundance of caution.
Posted By: Verylargeboots Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by marktheshark

Might be wise. Im working a bit too close for comfort to Philthydelphia today and anticipating the ruling I threw an AR Pistol and a few spare mags in the truck today as well as a 33 rounder for the G19 Im carrying. Also advised the other fellas who have carry permits that it would be wise to make sure they bring a gun today. Probably going to call it a day at noon and get the hell outta here as an abundance of caution.

I'm in Charlottesville right now, I'm leaving around noon as well.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
I wish a bunch of these fuggers would late term abort themselves in protest.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: ROE - 06/24/22
That's where States' Rights comes in.

The peoples least likely to produce productive offspring primarily live in states with liberal laws and will have unfettered access to abortion clinics.
Posted By: Irving_D Re: ROE - 06/24/22
I agree a 100%
Posted By: Stickfight Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: Springcove Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I wish a bunch of these fuggers would late term abort themselves in protest.

This^^^^
Posted By: AKCHOPPER Re: ROE - 06/24/22
They just showed the abortion losers whining like little bitches. They all were dirty and were wearing dirty clothes. LOL
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: ROE - 06/24/22
I mean, if you can afford a Greyhound bus ticket, you’re still going to be able to get an abortion. I suspect the blue states are going to react by legalizing everything and explicitly catering to abortion tourism. Abortions may become cheaper and easier than ever.

Quite true. New York said that last week, they will pay for the bus ticket, and the motel. Abortion tourism.

Plus there is the abortion pill that can be taken 30 days after conception. These pills will be, whether legal or not, available everywhere. This ruling today will not cut back much on the number of abortions.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22

kwg

Care to share where you got that information?

Also any constitution loving red blooded American should know their rights protected by the 5th amendment. The Supreme Court shouldn't have to tell you. Nor should an LEO.....
Posted By: JGRaider Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Isn't it interesting that most of the women demonstrating on TV couldn't get laid at a Hell's Angels rally. What the hell do they have to worry about?

But good news, hopefully they will all move to a Blue State that allows abortions.

Amen brother.
Posted By: OutlawPatriot Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Picture is worth a 1,000 words. Leaders talking about the sanctity of innocent life and in the background shouts of rage and hate trying to drown out the message.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: ROE - 06/24/22

kwg

Always had a huge issue in how Miranda type violations were handled.

Guy is arrested and charged with a crime.
Cop, breaks the law in the investigation.

Case is tossed, both walk away.

WTF?

Guy is stealing my hubcaps, I kick him in the head a few times.
He gets free health care, I have to pay for.
I end up in jail.

WTF?
Posted By: Winchester21 Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
Just a half hour ago I thought they would hold this to the last day. I'm glad "states rights" were upheld...fifty years of Federal overreach.

EXACTLY. Regardless of your position, Roe was wrong on it's face. The only surprise is that it took almost 50 years to correct this massive federal overreach.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

kwg

Always had a huge issue in how Miranda type violations were handled.

Guy is arrested and charged with a crime.
Cop, breaks the law in the investigation.

Case is tossed, both walk away.

WTF?

Guy is stealing my hubcaps, I kick him in the head a few times.
He gets free health care, I have to pay for.
I end up in jail.

WTF?

Ya that's totally how it works...
Originally Posted by Winchester21
EXACTLY. Regardless of your position, Roe was wrong on it's face. The only surprise is that it took almost 50 years to correct this massive federal overreach.
Exactly right.
Posted By: Savage_Hunter Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
RBG rolling over…

I'm thinking a rotisserie.
Posted By: 1minute Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
This is news?
Posted By: There_Ya_Go Re: ROE - 06/24/22

Don't forget to also give credit to the Senator that everybody loves to hate (which I completely understand), Mitch McConnell. If he hadn't prevented Merrick from being appointed by Obama, who knows if this would have come to pass. With Merrick on the court, Roberts might've sided with the liberal contingent.
Posted By: Old__School Re: ROE - 06/24/22
The big picture is that the Federal Gov't has trampled on the 10th Amendment in a manner that the Founding Father's would be appalled at.

The hoopla about the last two day's SCOTUS decisions is misdirected.

I hope the most recent SCOTUS decision(s) opens the door to further challenges to federal over-reach.
Posted By: Savage_Hunter Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Quite true. New York said that last week, they will pay for the bus ticket, and the motel. Abortion tourism.

Plus there is the abortion pill that can be taken 30 days after conception. These pills will be, whether legal or not, available everywhere. This ruling today will not cut back much on the number of abortions.
But I will not be dispensing them in my pharmacy. I've made it known that I will not order a medication specific to abortion.
I will not knowingly dispense a medication that will be used to induce abortion.
And, if another pharmacist fills a prescription for it, and I am the only pharmacist working when the patient comes to pick it up, It will not be dispensed because I will not counsel the patient on the medication and, therefore, I cannot let it be dispensed under my name.
I will have take no part at all in the ordering, stocking, filling, dispensing or counseling of medications when they are being used for abortion.
Period.
Posted By: richj Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Repubs will choke and crash and burn on this issue.
Posted By: Steve Re: ROE - 06/24/22
They need to reverse United States v. Darby that expanded the commerce clause powers.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by richj
Repubs will choke and crash and burn on this issue.

Either stand for what you believe in or hide like a bitch.
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Justin Trudeau says that the Ruling is “horrific “.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Well then, by definition, it must be excellent.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: ROE - 06/24/22
I'm conflicted on abortion.

Likewise.

37% of abortions are performed on blacks. Another 30ish% on mexicans. If those people want to kill one another in the womb or otherwise, the benefits accrue to me and I see no reason to stop it.
Posted By: 99guy Re: ROE - 06/24/22
What cracks me up is the same people that say the constitution guarantees their right to an abortion also say that the constitution doesn't guarantee my right to keep and bear arms.

The constitution is very clear on one of those rights and says nothing about the other.

I wonder how many of them have even actually ever read the constitution?
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

Yep
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Wow, I'm actually crying. Didn't think it would hit me this hard

It really sucks to know that I do not have agency over my own body.

DU post.

Ya think, snowflake?

Snowflake.

Was also happy to be TOLD to wear 2 masks….
Originally Posted by Stickfight
I'm conflicted on abortion.

Likewise.

37% of abortions are performed on blacks. Another 30ish% on mexicans. If those people want to kill one another in the womb or otherwise, the benefits accrue to me and I see no reason to stop it.

I believe that it’s 37% of all black pregnancies are aborted.
Posted By: 99guy Re: ROE - 06/24/22
For the Supreme Court Justices this is a question of law, not of morality. Their task is to interpret the constitution, not to agree or disagree with it.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

Don't forget to also give credit to the Senator that everybody loves to hate (which I completely understand), Mitch McConnell. If he hadn't prevented Merrick from being appointed by Obama, who knows if this would have come to pass. With Merrick on the court, Roberts might've sided with the liberal contingent.
The driving force behind that was Charles Grassley. He was the chair of the Judicial committee and Mitch the bitch kept Garland's name off the floor at Charles' request as I understand it.

kwg
Originally Posted by Steve
They need to reverse United States v. Darby that expanded the commerce clause powers.
Absolutely. Another wrong turn in our legal history.
Posted By: Longbob Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by 99guy
What cracks me up is the same people that say the constitution guarantees their right to an abortion also say that the constitution doesn't guarantee my right to keep and bear arms.

The constitution is very clear on one of those rights and says nothing about the other.

I wonder how many of them have even actually ever read the constitution?

Abortion never was a right. It was solely a judicial ruling that stood for almost 50 years that finally got cleaned up properly.
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Great news.

Abortion was very obviously never a constitutional right. Despite that I never thought that I’d see the day that Roe V. Wade was overturned.
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

Yep
I support retroactively aborting Trudeau, if that would please him.
For the Supreme Court Justices this is a question of law, not of morality. Their task is to interpret the constitution, not to agree or disagree with it.
Exactly. That's their only legitimate role.
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Bidens speech was really inflammatory, sounds like he is instigating a national riot.

The democrats now have even more reasons to change the structure of and pack the scotus.

This ain’t over by a long shot.

Jmo
Posted By: Toddly Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
Bidens speech was really inflammatory, sounds like he is instigating a national riot.
Obamas wet dream.
Originally Posted by Toddly
Obamas wet dream.

Martial law and cancel the November elections.
Posted By: akrange Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Hey what did Mr. Pudd’n say at 12:30 was it Script or off the Cuff..
I feel a Fire at a Spam Factory is Cum’n ..
Prolly a Layoffs for lack of Fetal Tissue ..
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
That was an abomination of a ruling from day one. No one even actually thought it was legitimate when it first appeared. It was fake law imposed on the nation via judicial fiat. Such matters are state matters only, not Federal. There is no right to murder a child to be found enshrined in the Constitution, nor was it traditionally understood to be a right at the time of the Constitution's ratification. Fake law, now finally dispensed with.

It's only too bad that the justices who originally imposed it on the nation are no longer with us, because otherwise we could haul them before a court and sentence them to hang for their purposeful treason against the Constitution.
Spot on
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
They are pissed cuz it pushed abortion down to state rights. It's all about the women.

Yet a trans man can compete against a woman and that's ok.

Kinda mixed signals IMO
Obamas wet dream.

Immediate full on civil war if that happens. There's no reason to do so and I don't know if they can keep the flames hot enough till then where martial law would be engaged. Would be like June 25, 91 (almost anniversary now) and the kick off of the Balkan wars.

Make no mistake - we're already Balkanized in the US. Rural v Urban, have vs have nots, democracy v Socialist dems.

It's all there except for the division of real estate at this point.
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Well... I think we can kiss "The Big Red Wave" goodbye... They should'a waited until after November... Fuqk'in Deep State Bastard's all of em...
Posted By: KRAKMT Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22

kwg
Bullschit.

Kwg is being dishonest, the court said if the police don’t inform you of your Miranda, your statements are still thrown out BUT if that happens you can’t sue for money as a cause of action for the police not telling you what you should have learned in junior high.
Originally Posted by KRAKMT

kwg
Bullschit.

Kwg is being dishonest, the court said if the police don’t inform you of your Miranda, your statements are still thrown out BUT if that happens you can’t sue for money as a cause of action for the police not telling you what you should have learned in junior high.
I was saying kwg's assertion was BS.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Obamas wet dream.

Immediate full on civil war if that happens. There's no reason to do so and I don't know if they can keep the flames hot enough till then where martial law would be engaged. Would be like June 25, 91 (almost anniversary now) and the kick off of the Balkan wars.

Make no mistake - we're already Balkanized in the US. Rural v Urban, have vs have nots, democracy v Socialist dems.

It's all there except for the division of real estate at this point.

As indicated by the Bleck biotch and Piglosi and Michael Obama and Biden, they will call the elections rigged and refuse to leave office, saying they must stay to protect the democracy.

I expect in that case or if they try to block the elections or if the lefts mercenaries who were flown in by Biden or who walked in across the open borders, we will see another conspiracy theory coincidence occur.

Q said, "The Military is the only way forward".
Posted By: steve4102 Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
He has rolled over.

The decision to overturn R v W was a 5-4 decision, Robert’s voting with the left
Posted By: akrange Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Leaker .. Get away from those Oil Cans..
Posted By: ar15a292f Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by steve4102
He has rolled over.

The decision to overturn R v W was a 5-4 decision, Robert’s voting with the left
Steve, I thought the decision was 6-3?
Posted By: Heym06 Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
All I see is now the states that are pro abortion, will now ask their tax payers to pay, instead of using federal tax money. What does this do to planned parenthood. Do they continue to get fed money, or do the states now foot that bill. Being ignorant on the subject just wondering.!
Posted By: AU338MAG Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
RBG rolling over…
I hope her rotting, vermin infested corpse bursts into flames.
Posted By: whackem_stackem Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by Heym06
All I see is now the states that are pro abortion, will now ask their tax payers to pay, instead of using federal tax money. What does this do to planned parenthood. Do they continue to get fed money, or do the states now foot that bill. Being ignorant on the subject just wondering.!
This has nothing to do with tax payer money. The money allocated to PP by congress will still go to PP. PP will use it in the states that allow it and into it's political fund.
Posted By: Steve Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by ar15a292f
He has rolled over.

Different Steve, but Roberts didn't join in the majority opinion, but wrote a separate one to just allow the Mississippi law to stand but not overturn RvW. So he voted yes, but not totally yes.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
RBG stated publicly a number of times that Roe was wrongly decided, for the exact reasons provided in the decision.

RBG rolling over…
Posted By: Mike70560 Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Any day power is taken from the Feds and given back to the States is a good day.

AMENDMENT X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Originally Posted by David_Walter
RBG stated publicly a number of times that Roe was wrongly decided, for the exact reasons provided in the decision.

RBG rolling over…

That’s what I hear..
Posted By: Redneck Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Number one post of the DAY!!!

Congrats, sir... You nailed it like a PRO!!
Posted By: There_Ya_Go Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

The driving force behind that was Charles Grassley. He was the chair of the Judicial committee and Mitch the bitch kept Garland's name off the floor at Charles' request as I understand it.

kwg

I don't doubt it. But still, gotta give the Old Crow a bit of credit for taking the heat and not allowing the vote to take place. No telling what might've happened if Garland's nomination had made it to a vote.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
RBG rolling over…

Actually, RBG knew all along it was bad law and vulnerable to challenge and being overturned.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: ROE - 06/24/22
He has rolled over.

Different Steve, but Roberts didn't join in the majority opinion, but wrote a separate one to just allow the Mississippi law to stand but not overturn RvW. So he voted yes, but not totally yes.
Robert’s voted yes on the Mississippi case, that case was 6-3, Robert’s voted NO to overturn R v W that ruling was 5-4.

Two separate rulings.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
RBG rolling over…

Actually, RBG knew all along it was bad law and vulnerable to challenge and being overturned.
As did every politician scared [bleep] that the SC would some day have a conservative majority.

It was bad law and everybody knew it, everybody.
He has rolled over.

Robert’s voted yes on the Mississippi case, that case was 6-3, Robert’s voted NO to overturn R v W that ruling was 5-4.

Two separate rulings.

Dissenting Opinions AND Concurring Opinions have NO weight or authority as precedent...............

...they do give insight as to the thoughts of the Justices, in writing.

Which is a curiosity. During Confirmation they are quite punctilious about NOT informing us of their thoughts on a matter that may come before them in the future.....

They seem to abandon that when writing Concurring and Dissenting OPINIONS.... which have NO weight, OTHER than to inform what one might expect in the future.........
Posted By: steve4102 Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
The 213-page Supreme Court ruling in Dobbs -v- Jackson (Mississippi case) The ruling in the Dobbs case was 6-3 in favor of allowing Mississippi to place limits on abortion after 15 weeks.
However, in combination with the Dobbs decision the court has overturned (by a 5-4 vote) the 1972 Roe -vs- Wade decision that created a constitutional right to abortion.

Chief Justice John Roberts joined with the majority on the Dobbs decision (Mississippi) but said he did not agree with the decision to overturn Roe. The vote to overturn Roe was 5-4. Justices Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and Amy Coney Barrett joined Justice Samuel Alito’s opinion.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...-and-returns-abortion-law-to-the-states/
Posted By: rainshot Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
The court has used dissenting opinions before in overturning previous rulings. Roe was pulled out of thin air and even the majority opinion conflicted itself. There never was anything in the 14th to sustain Roe. It has been used as a sacrament for democrats ever since wrongly decided. They won't stop now. it is more important than ever to elect constitutional conservatives to both houses so we can cut the funding for PP and many other liberal leftist causes. The problem with leftist justices like RBG is they would vote for Roe knowing and admitting that it's bad law.
Posted By: Hastings Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It's always amazed me how a court could find anything related to abortion in the constitution other than the 10th Amend. which so clearly gives that power to the states.

How about Amendment 5--"No PERSON shall.......be deprived of LIFE, liberty, or property, without due process of law"? Would not this require every case to be brought before a court before proceeding?
Absolutely. It was an exercise of raw despotic judicial power to legislate from the bench, absent any basis in law.
Posted By: tylerw02 Re: ROE - 06/24/22
Proof, democrats love children being killed so long as they are the ones killing them.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
Murder is not healthcare.
Posted By: GAGoober Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
He has rolled over.

Two separate rulings.
Spineless Traitor wants to have his cake and eat it too.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/24/22
The 213-page Supreme Court ruling in Dobbs -v- Jackson (Mississippi case) The ruling in the Dobbs case was 6-3 in favor of allowing Mississippi to place limits on abortion after 15 weeks.
However, in combination with the Dobbs decision the court has overturned (by a 5-4 vote) the 1972 Roe -vs- Wade decision that created a constitutional right to abortion.

Chief Justice John Roberts joined with the majority on the Dobbs decision (Mississippi) but said he did not agree with the decision to overturn Roe. The vote to overturn Roe was 5-4. Justices Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and Amy Coney Barrett joined Justice Samuel Alito’s opinion.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...-and-returns-abortion-law-to-the-states/

Thanks for the clarification. Roberts squished, again...
Absolutely. It was an exercise of raw despotic judicial power to legislate from the bench, absent any basis in law.

"Emanations from the penumbra..."

I still can't believe that idiot graduated from law school only to throw out that sophomoric bleeding-heart line as a basis for a legal decision. Henry Black (Black's Law) would not have been impressed with that shallow rhetoric being uttered in the highest court of our land.
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: ROE - 06/24/22

Dont kid yourself. Theres always someone drunk enough to hit it.
Posted By: rem shooter Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/25/22
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

I love it.New York liberals will have to pay more taxes to pay for this

The democrats now have even more reasons to change the structure of and pack the scotus.

This ain’t over by a long shot.

Jmo
if not this ,it would be something else .FDR wanted to pack the court back in the 30's .and they talked him out of it
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
Well... I think we can kiss "The Big Red Wave" goodbye... They should'a waited until after November... Fuqk'in Deep State Bastard's all of em...
i thought the same thing
Posted By: Heym06 Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/25/22
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Originally Posted by Heym06
This has nothing to do with tax payer money. The money allocated to PP by congress will still go to PP. PP will use it in the states that allow it and into it's political fund.
Money allocated by congress, taxed from the working populations of all states, even more aggravating!
Posted By: Hunterapp Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/25/22
Originally Posted by wabigoon
To God be the Glory.

Amen!

God does some of his best work through seeming unlikely people like you me & even Donald T Thank the good lord for cooler heads on the supreme court! Give us all patience and the wisdom to deal with temper-tantrums of the far left!

Give us patience!

Help us remember who really is in control!
Posted By: DouginLa Re: ROE - 06/25/22

I watched that video, even zoomed in. What I noticed was fake anger and not the first tear being shed.
Posted By: viking Re: ROE - 06/25/22
“ I'm thinking a rotisserie.

😂😂😂😂😂😂
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: ROE - 06/25/22
Originally Posted by rem shooter
i thought the same thing

Not so fast. The “summer of love” was supposed to position them for the 2020 election. They ended up stealing it anyway, but they shut down the protests and arson in September because they saw how bad it was affecting their polling. Might see the same thing this year.
Posted By: BobMt Re: ROE - 06/25/22
i thought the same thing

I think it dosen't even matter anymore.....just hope the ones for the ruling are ready to adopt....put their money where their mouth is......bob
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: ROE - 06/25/22
i thought the same thing
Perhaps they wanted to deliver the decisions while they still had a conservative majority.

Before Biden figured out a way to pack 5 more liberals onto the bench.

Or before someone managed to assasinate 2 or 3 of the conservatives. I see absolutely no downside to delivery of these decisions. I see only confirmation to the public: "Elections have consequences, get your ass to the polls."
Posted By: Muffin Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/25/22
RE: the Red Wave

A poll about what folks care about...
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: ROE -OVERTURNED - 06/25/22
Originally Posted by BobMt
i thought the same thing

I think it dosen't even matter anymore.....just hope the ones for the ruling are ready to adopt....put their money where their mouth is......bob

If I disagree with domestic violence, should I run a battered wife a shelter out of my living room?

If I’m against animal torture and cruelty, should I open a kennel in my yard?

If I am against child abuse, should I adopt all the kids getting abused?

Your point is a false one.
© 24hourcampfire