Home
Here are a few of mine. Would like to hear some of yours.

One Adam 12.

To tell the truth.

The ghost of Missus Muir.
The Ranger Rider
SKY KING
Ozzie aand Harriet
Roy Rogers
The Gene Autry Show, Roy Rogers, Paladin, Wanted Dead Or Alive
Ivanhoe starring Roger Moore and the Saint starring him too.
Saturday morning cartoons
Porter Wagner and Dolly show
Lester Flat and Earl Scruggs
Batman in black and white, Time Tunnel, Star Trek.
In no particular order:

Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom
Wonderful World of Disney
Rifleman
Mission Impossible
Gunsmoke
Highway Patrol
Andy Griffith
Dragnet
Add Laugh In to that.

Goldie Hawn, baby!!
That was in regular run - not a re-run?

AirWolf and Hill Street Blues (parents were fans)
Whats My Line
Red Skelton
Perry Mason
Have Gun Will Travel
My Favorite Martian
Paladin
Sky King
Mr. Ed
Roy Rogers
Sky King
Little Rascals
Johny Quest
Batman
Gunsmoke
Rawhide
And, of course, a few years later the infamous Captain Kirk in Startrek
Ding Dong School, Flash Gordon, Howdy Doody ….
Frank Buck "Bring em' Back Alive"

Brother and I used to watch it, it seems every Saturday morning along with Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan flicks We still recall some of Frank's antics and didn't know at the time that most of it was probably staged smile.

Maybe Captain Kangaroo too!
Very first was Romper Room about 1950 on a neighbor's unit. If it moved, we would watch it.

Got our own unit in maybe 1954. Roy Rogers, Gene Autry (who spent too much time singing), Howdy Doodie, Lone Ranger, Lash Larue, Paladin, Little Rascals, Hopalong Cassidy, Sea Hunt, Popeye and Disney cartoons, Flash Gorden, Ramar of the Jungle, and Buster Brown.

Parents did Ed Sullivan, Arthury Murray, Danny Thomas, Tonight Show with Jack Parr, and Lawrence Welk

Mom watched Queen for a Day until one afternoon when she questioned "what am I doing?" That was a show where ladies cried out their sob stories with the winner getting resources or money to fix all. The third contestant usually won. Having heard the first two, she could cry more and paint more vivid pictures of abuse or hard luck than the prior two.

Dad was into the Friday Night Fights and Saturday Wrestling. Remember absolutely shaking with the first wrestling viewing as I had never seen such violence. Could not believe that guys could live through such punishment. Remember Gorgeous George?

In those days most shows had a single sponsor with GE and tobacco companies being top dogs.
Gumby
Banana Splits
Romper Room

Probably what Mom sat me down in front of so she could have a ciggy, cuppa joe and gossip on phone.
I was born in 1963.
My favorite shows...in order..
1. Laugh-In
2. Smothers Brothers
3. Johnny Carson
4. Sonny and Cher
5. Flip Wilson

I was an unusual 6 year old.
Every night I was told to go to bed at 9. At 10, after parents went to bed, I'd get up and watch Carson.
I was a child insomniac, going to sleep at midnight each night yet still up at 6 a.m. Finally my parents just quit telling me to go to bed.

Of course, I liked Get Smart, Gilligan, and some other 60s shows that most kids liked, too.
dollar ninety eight beauty contest
Sha-na-na
solid gold dancers
wonderama and romper room
sesame street
muppet show
The Buster Brown Hour with Andy Devine (plunk your magic twanger, Froggie).
Sesame Street

Captain Kangaroo

Gunsmoke

Carol Burnett

Mary Tyler Moore
We didn't have TV, so most Friday nights was a trip in to my Uncle's house for Gillette's Friday night fights. There was tune, "Look sharp, be sharp..." peddling razor blades, about all I recall. As a kid, I didn't understand the fight game, if somebody didn't get knocked out...how did they know who won?
Crusader Rabbit

Tom Corbett and the Space Cadets

Both around 1950.
We had 3 channels when i was young.

2 in one direction. 1 in the another.

The motor was out on the big antenna, so I’d have to go outside to the other end of the house and turn it with channellocks, listening For someone to yell. 😂🤣😂

Prolly earliest i remember is Sesame Street and electric company on PBS.
Originally Posted by deltakid
The Buster Brown Hour with Andy Devine (plunk your magic twanger, Froggie).

I remember that when it was pre-television and it was the Smilin' Ed McConnell show. I even still have an original Froggy the Gremlin statue that I got when that show was popular.

On early TV show, Kukla, Fran and Ollie was probably the first one I saw. TV was a 10" Admiral with that round screen. Most boring TV show to even be seen. A not all that good looking woman (Fran) talking I don't know what with a puppet (Kukla) and Ollie a puppet dragon IIRC. After a couple of days I went back outside and played in the street with my friends.
Paul B.
Such youngsters here. Omnibus or Life Worth Living with Bishop Fulton Sheen in 1952 or the test pattern. It wasn't until 1953 that I got my Winky Dink And You drawing on the TV set for some quality TV programming as a five year old.
Lawrence Welk. The Lennin sisters. Galette boxing. I wasn’t allowed to mess with the TV. We didn’t have one but we went across the yard to grandmas house and watched with them.
I was about 6 or 7, in the mid 50's, when the neighbors got the 1st tv in the neighborhood. All the local kids would fill their living room every afternoon. It was mostly cowboy shows with a taste of Capain Kangaroo, a show that I thought was totally stupid.
Highway Patrol and Whirlybirds. The Mouskateers and Lawrence Welk.

kwg
Lassie
Captain Kangaroo
Mid-day Meditations (took away 10 minutes of the noon cartoons mad )
cartoons
Rin-Tin-Tin
The Dinah Shore Chevy Show
Fury
Lassie
Walt Disney's Disneyland
Hopalong Cassidy (1/2 hour tv show)
Amos & Andy
Dave Garroway (NBC Today Show)
The Goldbergs (Dumont Television Channel)
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
In no particular order:

Rifleman
Mission Impossible
Gunsmoke
Highway Patrol
Andy Griffith
Dragnet
Add Laugh In to that.

Goldie Hawn, baby!!

And how could I have forgotten Leave it to Beaver?!?

A few more:

My Three Sons
Hazel
Dennis the Menace
Mickey Mouse Club
Born in 1968 Romper Room. Mr Rogers Neighborhood, Electric Company, and Zoom.
Then it was nap time when "like Sands through and hour glass, these are the days of our lives.
I looked it up to see when Batman first came on TV;

When did Batman first appear on television? On January 12, 1966, ABC premiered a live-action Batman television series starring Adam West and Burt Ward. [I was 5 years old].

My brothers and I were invited to our neighbors house to watch the premier of Batman on their new colored TV, it was amazing. laugh
THe lone ranger and Disney on Sunday night in 1954 when I was 3 years old, at the neighbor's house with the only TV in the neighborhood.

A big 5 year old name Mikey, gave me a piggyback ride to get there and back in the dark.
Originally Posted by 348winchester
Born in 1968 Romper Room. Mr Rogers Neighborhood, Electric Company, and Zoom.
Then it was nap time when "like Sands through and hour glass, these are the days of our lives.
Miss Mary Ann died a few years back at something like 83.
Prime time Flintstones
Lone Ranger
Amos & Andy
Hop-Along Cassidy
Sky King
Roy Rogers
Yancy Derringer
One of the first, GUNSMOKE.
The television series ran for 20 seasons from 1955 to 1975, and lasted for 635 episodes.
Now 67 years later, it is still on several cable tv channels multiple times a day and everyday of the week.
What's really amazing, that in todays world of political correctness or whatever you want to call it, Every episode started with a shootout, and multiple shootings through out each show.
And yes I still watch it just about everyday 67 years later.
Rin Tin Tin
Dennis the Menace
Leave it to Beaver
Sea Hunt
Honeymooners
I Love Lucy
Howdy Doody
Bob Hope Show
I've Got a Secret
What's My Line
Axel and His Dog

Rushed home from skool every day to watch it on a 12" B&W.

I was madly in love with Carmen the Nurse - at a very tender age.

Still love nurses, only now the ones in vinyl uniforms.

Attached picture mary-davies.jpg
Born in 1960.
Beverly Hillbillies
Andy Griffith Show
Lost In Space
Gunsmoke
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Born in 1960.
Beverly Hillbillies
Andy Griffith Show
Lost In Space
Gunsmoke
Same also the Ed Sullivan show, Leave it to Beaver , My Three Sons...
Captain Kangaroo
Romper Room
High Chaparral
Muppets and Lost in Space reruns.
Originally Posted by Dess
Captain Kangaroo
Romper Room
High Chaparral

Yeah, those two.
The Little Rascals..., I think that became Spanky & Our Gang?
Amos and Andy, Burns and Allen, Lone Ranger, Mouseketeers, Walt Disney, Honeymooners
M.A.S.H
Bula, Davey and Goliath, Farmer Gray.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Dennis the Menace
Leave it to Beaver
Sea Hunt

Dang - forgot about Sea Hunt. Loved that one, Lloyd Bridges was great.

That one reminds me of Flipper also.
Even as a little kid, I noticed the repeated cliff hanger with fraying rope in Fury, and "stuck on the bottom and running out of air" in Seahunt.

Now as an old man making up stories for grandkids, I steal plots and use every ploy.
Lassie
Fury
Gunsmoke
Bonanza
Captain Kangaroo

Local program Rocketship 7 played morning cartoons
I remember the Mouseketeers being on in the am before school. Captain Kangaroo. All the westerns Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Cheyenne, Have Gun Will Travel, The Guns of Will Sonnet, Sugarfoot, Lancer. Daniel Boone, Stoney Burke, Batman, on Saturday nights it was Lawrence Welk, on Sunday nights it was Red Skelton and Ed Sullivan. The nightly news was always Walter Cronkite. In the afternoons after school there was the Filippo show, showed old movies like Charlie Chan and I remember watching The Creature from the Black Lagoon.
I forgot to mention the show I lived for The American Sportsman!
Very first thing I ever saw on a TV was a boxing match at a neighbors house. Their new TV was in a ornate wood console like old radios were, had a round screen somewhere between 9" and 12" in diameter.

Grownups had full control of the television back when I was a kid.
Andy Griffin and Daniel Boone. My father watched Lawerance Welk every Saturday...... It was " Wonderful .... Wonderful .... Wonderful " ........ NOT REALLY . I hated it !!!
Ed Sullivan. My older sisters went crazy when the Beatles debuted on TV.
I was like "Whatever, where are my GI joe's?"
I think the Micky Mouse Club and Howdy Doody

We didn't have a TV, fortunately, and the older kids of the lady that babysat me had to stop playing outside everyday to go inside and watch that crap.
Adam 12...Emergency...Captain Kangaroo...sometimes if you were lucky mutual of Omaha would be good after Lawrence welk...dad loved hee haw...
I'm 53 so probably Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Rogers as far as kid's shows. As far as prime time, I have vivid memories of my Dad watching Barnaby Jones and Ironside. First shows that really drew me in were the Planet Of The Apes TV series and The Six Million Dollar Man.
Born in ‘52 and remember most of the ones already mentioned but…

wasn’t there a show called “ Whirly Birds” about helicopters?

About forgot, Wild Wild West and Ba Ba Black Sheep
amos and andy,cisco kid and a bunch already mentioned.
Not sure but I do remember Amos & Andy, LOL.

Back when my nephew from TN was a teenager 25 years ago, my wife was telling him about all the old shows and asked if he'd ever seen Beverley Hillbillies.

He said "seen 'em, heck we live with 'em."
Originally Posted by Jim270
I remember the Mouseketeers being on in the am before school. Captain Kangaroo. All the westerns Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Cheyenne, Have Gun Will Travel, The Guns of Will Sonnet, Sugarfoot, Lancer. Daniel Boone, Stoney Burke, Batman, on Saturday nights it was Lawrence Welk, on Sunday nights it was Red Skelton and Ed Sullivan. The nightly news was always Walter Cronkite. In the afternoons after school there was the Filippo show, showed old movies like Charlie Chan and I remember watching The Creature from the Black Lagoon.
I forgot to mention the show I lived for The American Sportsman!

Forgot about the creature from the black Lagoon..thanks for posting that.
Sesame Street was fairly new Captain kangaroo was on reruns of The Little rascals was very regular as was reruns of the original Lone Ranger. Game shows as a youngster Truth or Consequences.
Some show for kids on PBS like sesame street, I actually won an art contest on there, with a picture of a witch I painted and won. remember I won a Halloween costume and they showed my painting on the local news.
Originally Posted by ldholton
Sesame Street was fairly new Captain kangaroo was on reruns of The Little rascals was very regular as was reruns of the original Lone Ranger. Game shows as a youngster Truth or Consequences.

We got Captain Kangaroo. I don’t remember seeing Sesame Street until my little brother & sister were old enough to watch TV.
Originally Posted by smokepole

Back when my nephew from TN was a teenager 25 years ago, my wife was telling him about all the old shows and asked if he'd ever seen Beverley Hillbillies.

LOL.

There were plenty of Hillbillies in TX too. But they all lived in East TX. 😂
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Even as a little kid, I noticed the repeated cliff hanger with fraying rope in Fury, and "stuck on the bottom and running out of air" in Seahunt.

Now as an old man making up stories for grandkids, I steal plots and use every ploy.

Clarkm,

Don't forget quicksand omg-omg we're in quicksand we're going to die unless someone throws us a rope
I'm so old -

I remember "The Shadow" on radio!

"Who knows - what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

The Shadow knows!" smile

OK - it was old stuff on a local station in the '70's smile smile smile
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by smokepole

LOL.

There were plenty of Hillbillies in TX too. But they all lived in East TX. 😂

Piney wood rooters they call them
The Caption Kangaroo show
The pink Panther
Bonanza
Other than cartoons, I recall as a very young kid (maybe 3 or 4?) laying on the carpet and intently watching Gordon Eastman hunting shows the old man had on the TV. Earliest non-cartoon show I can remember. Never missed one if I could help it.
Boston Blackie.

Lots of snow with the rabbit ears right next to the ceramic black panther ash tray.
[quote][/quote]
Originally Posted by DaveR
Other than cartoons, I recall as a very young kid (maybe 3 or 4?) laying on the carpet and intently watching Gordon Eastman hunting shows the old man had on the TV. Earliest non-cartoon show I can remember. Never missed one if I could help it.

That's funny, guess I am really showing my age but I can remember going to see Gordon Eastman do a live narration to his film that was shown on the stage in a local venue, he even had the mounted polar bear on the stage with him.

As far as TV shows - I never saw a TV until I was 12 or 13 the first show I remember was Kate Smith and Howdy Doody, which I thought was ridiculous, even then I thought Buffalo Bob was a bit odd.

drover
Reruns of The Lone Ranger and Leave it to Beaver.
Uncle Al, a show out of Cincinnati. I was there once, barely remember it.

After that it was Lassie, Roy, & Capt. Kangaroo. Thinking Capt. Kangaroo was Cinci based show as well. Wasn't he supposed to be a River Boat Capt. on the Ohio?
Grandparents were game show junkies.
I have fond memories of staying at their house and watching those old black & white shows:
I've Got a Secret
What's My Line
Password
Candid Camera
The Real McCoys
My Three Sons
I love Lucy
Milton Berle
Days of Our Lives which I watched with my great grandmother during early 50s.
Baa Baa Black Sheep was the first thing that popped into my mind and for the life of me, I can't think of anything I may have seen earlier. Might have been those beautiful gull wing Vought F4U Corsairs taking flight in the intro that caught my attention as a youngster.
Is this a trick question to see if we watched "culturally insensitive" television when we were young??

Hmm that makes me wonder if all these cry baby liberals were conceived while their parents were using "sensation enhancing lubricants"
Originally Posted by JeffyD
I have fond memories of staying at their house and watching those old black & white shows:
I've Got a Secret
What's My Line
Password
Candid Camera
The Real McCoys
My Three Sons

Don’t omit The Hit Parade brought to you by Lucky Strike cigarettes.

LSMFT, lucky strike means fine tobacco.
Or later in school, lets screw my finger’s tired.
Friday Night Boxing, Lawrence Welk Show, I Love Lucy.
Anyone remember Room 222 ?
Lassie. Mchales navy. And my two favorites: Bonanza and F Troop
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
yes
Herb Shriner. Kind of like Will Rogers. Don't know when, but there was only one channel at first.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
yes

I can barely remember that show.
i can remember Gunsmoke, Mannix, a little bit of Hogan's heroes, Batman. I know there's other but, that's all that comes to me now.
Commando Cody, 1954 or so. He had a jet pack and a silver uniform and helmet that he flew after the bad guys with. The props looked like they were made with cardboard and aluminum foil.
Car 54, Amos and Andy, Cheyenne, Sugarfoot, Daniel Boone, Davy Crockett, The Rebel, Rawhide, Wagen Train. memtb
Earliest TV memories were news reports regarding Vietnam and Watergate. Saturday morning Looney Tunes became a staple as did Hee Haw and Wild Kingdom. I learned a lot of early appreciation for boobies from HeeHaw and BennyHill.
Toss up between Hockey Night in Canada and Gilligan's Island
Phillies vs. Dodgers
Test Pattern
Amos n Andy
Test Pattern
Cowboy Movies
Coaxial Cable Trouble
Friday Night Fights
If Slumlord was posting, It would be :

Matlock
Murder She Wrote
Mannix

😜🤪😂
Captain Kangaroo
Outer Limits
Twilight Zone
Captain kangaroo
Lassie
Fury
Sky King
Honey Mooners
Felix the cat
Romper Room
Gene Autrey
Roy Rodgers
I dream of Jeanie. My favourite martian. Ed the talking horse. Lost in space...
I remember almost all of the above, can't remember the very first.

I can say that as a small child the concept of comedy was completely over my head. I used to get quite upset when Mr Mooney would yell at Lucy and she would start bawling. I thought Hogan's Heroes was a documentary and that the guys were going to get caught and executed any time. Thought Moe was an SOB for beating up on Larry and Curly all the time and wanted to kick his ass.

I dunno what the hell was wrong with me but I'm glad I got over it!
Gunsmoke, Lassie
In no particular order:

Rifleman
Mission Impossible
Gunsmoke
Highway Patrol
Andy Griffith
Dragnet

This is me as well. We must be about the same age. I'm a 66 model.
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by JeffyD
I've Got a Secret
What's My Line
Password
Candid Camera
The Real McCoys
My Three Sons

Don’t omit The Hit Parade brought to you by Lucky Strike cigarettes.

LSMFT, lucky strike means fine tobacco.
Or later in school, lets screw my finger’s tired.

or "Loose Straps Make Floppy T*ts"
Ha! I remember before TV. laugh
We kids watched Romper Room. I remember Miss Patty’s “Magic Mirror”.
The damn thing saw Tommy and Billy and Suzy and Mary all the freakin time, but never once did she see Reon!
I’ve had a complex ever since! frown
I remember Mom watching Laugh In, and The Old Man watching Gunsmoke and Bonanza.
7mm
Get Smart, Wild Wild West.
gunsmoke ,, my three sons ,wagon train ,bonanza,hee haw laugh in
I was born in 1952.

I remember Wagon Train with ward Bond. I think it started about 1957, the year we got our first TV.

Before that I remember listening to the radio in the evening, or playing 78 records.

Also remember Bonanza from about the same time frame.

Virgil B.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Clarkm,

Don't forget quicksand omg-omg we're in quicksand we're going to die unless someone throws us a rope

Quicksand has a density of about 2 grams per cubic centimeter, whereas the density of the human body is only about 1 gram per cubic centimeter. At that level of density, sinking beyond about waist height in quicksand is impossible.

.... this gimmick had its heyday in the 1960s, when almost 3% of all films showed characters sinking in clay, mud, or sand.
https://www.closerweekly.com/posts/1950s-tv-shows/
Anyone remember the military shows on Saturday morning? The Big Picture - Army, Victory at Sea - Navy, Air Power - Air Force. They were on every Saturday morning in the early 1950s. Mostly about WWII.
I do. Along with Cpt Kangaroo, Amos and Andy, and more.
HC - where you at buddy??

[Linked Image]

LMAO
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I do. Along with Cpt Kangaroo, Amos and Andy, and more.
Ditto..
I forgot…….Ozzie and Hariette and Leave it to Beaver, 77 Sunset Strip, and Dobie Gillis! memtb
Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by DaveR

That's funny, guess I am really showing my age but I can remember going to see Gordon Eastman do a live narration to his film that was shown on the stage in a local venue, he even had the mounted polar bear on the stage with him.

As far as TV shows - I never saw a TV until I was 12 or 13 the first show I remember was Kate Smith and Howdy Doody, which I thought was ridiculous, even then I thought Buffalo Bob was a bit odd.

drover
i remember my dad taking me to one of his presentation.great show
Death Valley Days was a favorite.
!2 o'clock high.
Great memories...
Did anyone mention Combat?
© 24hourcampfire