Home
As if there weren't enough reasons to avoid the store.

https://triblive.com/local/dicks-sp...xpenses-for-employees-seeking-abortions/

"In the wake of Friday’s decision by the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade, ending the nation’s constitutional protections for abortion and leaving the decision up to each state, the Pittsburgh-based Dick’s Sporting Goods national chain of stores announced support for its employees seeking abortions."
They aren’t doing too well down here!
Most folk seeking abortions don’t have jobs
I haven't set foot in Dick's since they called law abiding gun owners potential violent criminals. I even was offered a gift card for Dick's, and turned it down. I hope this is just one more nail in their business coffin.
They'll be changing their name from "Dick's" to "Chunt's" any day now.
Same goes for Disney
Originally Posted by luv2safari
They'll be changing their name from "Dick's" to "Chunt's" any day now.

Stupid name for a chain to begin with . Let them go to Hell in a basket.
From the title, I thought this was about Roe vs Wade.
https://www.seattletimes.com/busine...nder-affirming-care-anywhere-in-the-u-s/

Microsoft said on Friday it will provide travel expense reimbursement for employees seeking abortions and gender-affirming care anywhere in the country.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/24/23182288/google-letter-email-employees-roe-v-wade-decision

In the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision on Friday to overturn Roe v. Wade, Google’s chief people officer Fiona Cicconi sent a staff-wide email to employees informing them of Google’s response to the ruling. Among other things, the email highlights that Googlers can “apply for relocation without justification” and that people in charge of the relocation process “will be aware of the situation” in assessing their requests. In an email last August reported by Bloomberg, Google told employees that of 10,000 requests over the prior few months to work remotely or relocate, 85 percent were approved.
Virtue signaling in the hopes of not getting looted.
They lost my business years ago when they pulled those evil black rifles off the shelf. I haven't seen any reason to change my opinion of them so far.
The local store created their own boycott by
eliminating their inventory of hunting and fishing
and camping gear some time back.
It's now one of those designer water bottle and
spandex running apparel stores.
The only reason I might have patronized the
place is that they had a better selection of scope
bases than any of the other stores in the area.
That's how I happened to find out they'd eliminated
their inventory of hunting and fishing gear.
Oh well. . . . .
Pretty disgusting to first incentivise their employees to get abortions so they don't take pregnancy leave and even more disgusting to use it as a PR stunt because so many people in the debate are super spiteful without seeing the stakes.
I saw Camper World sponsoring NHRA. WTF?
Here's a bigger list:

https://www.wcpo.com/news/national/these-companies-will-cover-abortion-travel-expenses-for-employees
Makes you wonder if states that ban/limit abortion will go after companies that reimburse abortion travel expenses as aiding and abetting a crime. Interesting concept.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
They lost my business years ago when they pulled those evil black rifles off the shelf. I haven't seen any reason to change my opinion of them so far.

Same
Fugg em. Haven’t been in one of their stores in 20 years.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

Ditto
Bought a few things there before they became anti 2A. Have not been in their stores since and never will.
IMO this one of rare times that despite MSM propaganda it’s a losing PR battle for most of these businesses. They may not care and it won’t change what they do but to truck woman across state lines for paid for abortions, I don’t think that sets well or is viewed favorably by most average Americans.
Support for them getting abortions.

Hmmmm?

Wonder what percentage of those employees are offered worthwhile
health insurance? At family rates they can afford with deductibles
that allow them to actually use it?

You know, because they are worried about their employees!
I shop at Academy because they're not Dicks.
I’ve never needed a reason to boycott Dicks.
Hetero from birth.
Helping their employees pay to kill their children before they end up on the company healthcare plan is a way cheaper option.
"One more reason".... dont need but one. Havent been in a Dicks store in ages.
Truthfully those aborted children are less little liberal tards of the future.It is too bad their parents were not aborted.
Makes more sense to me to hand out condoms or birth control pills.
I haven't gone to Dick's since they bought Chick's.
When they became Dick's the store went to s hit same as when Bass Pro bought Cabela's. Haven't been in Dick's in years and not been to Bass Pro since Covid, used to buy a lot of my reloading supplies there.
© 24hourcampfire