Home
11-foot alligator kills man in Myrtle Beach yacht club community

https://www.foxnews.com/us/alligator-kills-man-myrtle-beach-yacht-club-community

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
We must have gator control at all cost!
Another reason to carry. Whether it's schietheads, pitbulls (kid thrashers), or gators..
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Another reason to carry. Whether it's schietheads, pitbulls (kid thrashers), or gators..

Yep.

If you have the situational awareness to go with it.

Lots of folks could carry a bag full of guns and still get eaten.
Fughkers will have it where kids cant swim, get around the water, or let a dog retrieve ducks in any waters they can populate.

We have met the enemy and it is us.
Gator suspected of attacking 90-year-old woman caught, with bullet hole in the head

COLLIER COUNTY -- Nearly a week after an alligator attacked and bit the leg of a 90-year-old Copeland woman near her home, Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission officials believe they've found the culprit.

A alligator "strongly suspected" of an unprovoked attack on Margaret Webb near a canal in her yard on Wednesday was captured alive Monday morning, according to Gabriella Ferraro, a spokeswoman for FWC. The gator was found lethargic with a bullet wound in its head on a Copeland road.

Webb, who Copeland residents say is beloved by her community, remains in critical condition at Lee Memorial as of Monday, according to hospital officials.

Webb barely escaped the initial attack, only to be rescued by neighbor Dwain Daniels.

Daniels found Webb in distress as he drove by her house. When he came to assist Webb, the gator reemerged from the canal. Daniels drew a gun and put a bullet in its head.

Though officials believed the reptile wouldn't survive the gunshot, reports of an injured alligator in Copeland came into FWC officials Monday morning, Ferraro wrote in a news release. The gator they found was believed to have been hit by a car.

The bullet wound, the gator's proximity to Webb's house and the fact that the gator was the same size of the one that assailed Webb indicated the creature was probably the attacker, wrote Ferraro in a news release.

FWC officials are continuing to investigate to confirm whether they have, in fact, found the aggressor.

Regardless, FWC officials say the gator captured Monday will be euthanized.

Webb was taken to Lee Memorial with traumatic leg wounds. Part of her leg was amputated as a result of the attack.

Victims of alligator attacks face a risk of infection because of the concentrated amount of bacteria in the reptile's mouth
Gator plays for keeps. There are lots of them around my Dad’s beach house. We respect them a d give them a lot of room. We have learned that they can be literally anywhere on the island, not just around water. We never walk out at night without a flashlight.
I'm around those guys every day. They are not monsters, just prehistoric animals that have to eat. Wiggle around in alligator water and you'll probably draw attention.
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
I’m down in gator land (FL) and always respect any water as having gators in it. They are sneaky bastards and even seemingly small ones can cause trouble. We are on a large lake and see very few, BUT they are here.

New neighbors are building on the lot next to us and we have gotten along pretty well. They are an older couple and seem nice and down to earth. Anyway, they had the grands and friends over today. We pulled back into the dock and my wife lights up immediately. The son in law is out on the bank feeding a gator. About five feet but as I’m docking the boat my wife has already left and screaming stop feeding the gator. The honeymoon is over to say the least but we had to teach them the worst gator is a fed gator.
If they would license and serial number those things events like that would not happen.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

It's for the children.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

“If it saves one life….”
Enough said….

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I'm around those guys every day. They are not monsters, just prehistoric animals that have to eat. Wiggle around in alligator water and you'll probably draw attention.

Dead ones dont eat, Det.
© 24hourcampfire