Home
Here in New Mexico, we get wind, lots of wind.
In the rare case we actually get rain, most times it's a brief lite shower, mixed with the dust in the wind and it makes a mess.
My 5th wheel, and boat, as well as our vehicles need baths, but what a pain to hook up, go to the car wash and spend big bucks to clean.
I want a pressure washer for this type of use, keep my motors clean too.
I see an electric one on TV, but we all know the infomercials are usually junk, or are they ?
I don't need a super pressure gas model.
What do you guys use, or suggest ?
Soap applicator would be nice, maybe other attachments for ?
Garden hose, brush, mitts and a bucket or two. Soap as well.
Reread....
5th wheel, 13'5" tall, 42' long, semi tractor tow unit.
It's cheaper to buy the pressure washer, than scaffolding, and faster.
Originally Posted by splattermatic
Reread....

Long handled brush, I've done my camper this way for years.

Pressure washers in general are not good for siding and campers, people tend to angle up and get water under the siding edges, not good.
Reread....
Saw 5th wheel, didn't see it was a semi tow unit or dimensions.

Still not a fan of "pressure" especially with windows, seams or engines involved.
Don't buy junk and for god's sake don't get an electric.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Reread....

Long handled brush, I've done my camper this way for years.

Pressure washers in general are not good for siding and campers, people tend to angle up and get water under the siding edges, not good.
I should have added extension pole for the brush.
Don't tell joe

But gasoline.......Honda motor

Karcher pump

All ya need
Bought an electric husqvarna at Costco for the wife to use around the pool, porches etc…
Company use its gas, have a Simpson 3700psi with a AAA pump and a DeWalt with a Cat pump that’s easily 10 years old.
I wouldn’t waste money, go straight to a decent gas model. Simpson with a AAA pump and Honda GX motor for $650 is hard to beat and will last forever er if maintained.
12344mag,
What is this siding you speak of ?
Pic for better understanding size, and usage of washer...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I bought the electric Ryobi for $200 few years back. For my use and what it sounds like your use I would never buy gas. Uses less water also since the pump only runs when you squeeze the handle. Plenty enough pressure to do side walks drives etc.

JMO

Clyde.
Definitely would not be putting anything over 80 psi to that. Pretty much where pressure from the tap around here is at. Way to many seams, windows, doors, joints.....whatever you want to call em.

I am thinking they make extendable brushes that may have a soap reservoir on them as well.

Yeah it's a pain but better than getting water in places where water shouldn't be.

Maybe stay back, brush soap on then stay back while you rinse.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Don't buy junk and for god's sake don't get an electric.

Yep.
Stihl makes a decent pressure washer. We use them at work and they have been solid so far.
Foam cannons are vastly superior to any bucket and brush or stone. They make cleaning vehicles and larger items (trailers, campers, boats, etc) all too easy.
I don't use mine for what you are doing, but my Simpson 3200 psi with a Kohler engine is the best small engine rig I have. That thing just flat runs. Every time.
I've got to easily portable gas unit and a diesel powered hot water unit no comparisons. My late father had an electric one that he just kind of used to wash a basic car and once in a while wash a bit siding of his house and such. It work good for his purpose and he was happy with it mom still has it doesn't get much use no more. I can't tell you the name of it right now but I can find out.
Find one, whatever XYZ brand…

With…

1. Honda engine
2. cat pump.

Enjoy!

The cat pump is rebuildable. The pump on the $300 ones aren’t. I’ve got junk one in my shop.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I don't use mine for what you are doing, but my Simpson 3200 psi with a Kohler engine is the best small engine rig I have. That thing just flat runs. Every time.

Another vote for the Simpson. I have the same model but with a Honda engine.
I have two pressure washers. One has a Honda gasoline engine and puts out about 3800 psi. I use it for cleaning and degreasing equipment, motors, transmissions and such. Works good to prep siding prior to paint if you don't get too close. Has the soap feature. Not comfortable using it on vehicles because it can remove the paint.
The other is electric and rated at 1100 psi. It is mounted in my shop and I use it to wash trucks and windshields and underneath vehicles. Works good to clean off the concrete slab after working on equipment. It also has the soap feature. I would recommend it for your use. You might want something in the 1800 psi range. Free advice is worth what you pay for it. Nice rig by the way.
Listen to big Dave

Honda motor
Cat brand pump.
I'm on the wagon when it comes to these Honda engines.

How much Stabil am I gonna need to keep them running?
+1 on the Ryobi electric, mine washes vehicles, cleans concrete and home siding. Basically everything I need it to do, it's compact and small enough to take with you in your vehicle or RV.
Hy Flo makes some good electric models ..230V
Gas with 3000 psi or so will do what you need. It won’t cause damage if you use common sense.

It will come with a selection of spray angle tips. Use a wide one, and don’t get very close. I’ve not seen a gas model that does not have a soap tank.
I got an electric CAT last year and I have been happy with it so far.
https://www.catpressurewashers.com/

I have both gas and electric. TroyBilt gas and Karcher 1500psi electric. Use the electric for washing cars and truck, and attach a foam cannon to it. I use the gas one for cleaning concrete and siding. Each has it’s uses, but the electric one is so much easier and more convenient.
Depends on your water supply, mine on a deep well with high solids turns most pumps in too junk real quick
I hope this thread produces some positive results on lite duty electric PW'ers.

I have my 3400psi gas one, but I'm interested in a 1200(+/-) electric one for the small rinse off jobs much like the same needs as the OP has.

Most the electric ones I've seen have cheezy short hoses, that wouldn't do for my needs.
you couldnt give me a electric one. a 2600-3000psi will work and last a long time if you drain the pump and wand everytime you use it. i have been using a lowes troybuilt model for 20 years now. still works great,washed my whole house and buildings last week . it ran great for over 8 hours in 2 days. i bought a longer hose and 18ft extenson wand for it. no,it does not have a honda motor or a cat pump. bought it for 125.00 used from a friend.
I have known two people that died from be electicuted when using an electric pressure washer. Different washer and different times of course. miles
Originally Posted by milespatton
I have known two people that died from be electicuted when using an electric pressure washer. Different washer and different times of course. miles

I wonder how that happens on a properly grounded outlet, should be GFCI and the plug has a breaker too. Electricity doesn't play nice, ever.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Find one, whatever XYZ brand…

With…

1. Honda engine
2. cat pump.

Enjoy!

The cat pump is rebuildable. The pump on the $300 ones aren’t. I’ve got junk one in my shop.

Yep! A buddy of mine has a bunch of car washes and this is what he told me to get. He wasn’t wrong.
I just bought a Ryobi ele 2000, for $199.00, so far great iv cleaned 2 decks, and my car A few times. Light and easy to use,for my needs.
Been using a vortex for the last 3 years and like it. 4000 psi 4gpm, you can change tips to reduce pressure or get a wand that adjust.
https://vortexxpressurewashers.com/

https://pittsburghsprayequip.com/pr...Vi5HL-AIV5cLCBB2cbALmEAQYASABEgLflvD_BwE

Ronnie
Originally Posted by Fanofthefortyone
Been using a vortex for the last 3 years and like it. 4000 psi 4gpm, you can change tips to reduce pressure or get a wand that adjust.
https://vortexxpressurewashers.com/

https://pittsburghsprayequip.com/pr...Vi5HL-AIV5cLCBB2cbALmEAQYASABEgLflvD_BwE

Ronnie

Problem with the 4000 psi models is it can be difficult to get a 4000 psi rated hose. My son has a 3400 psi model and he has bought a couple 3500 rated hoses and I bought one also after bursting several hoses power washing our driveways and other chores.
I once owned a Karcher gas pressure washer, used it to prep cedar siding for stain twice. Gave me a lot of trouble. Not the engine, but the pump, the wand, the tips, and the hose. I was glad to be rid of it. Now I have a $129.00 Green Wonder from Lowes that is not powerful, but it is good enough for cleaning mold off concrete and it seems to run flawlessly.
I've had a generac for 4 trouble free years. K'archer before that was a pos.
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Originally Posted by milespatton

I wonder how that happens on a properly grounded outlet, should be GFCI and the plug has a breaker too. Electricity doesn't play nice, ever.
I would guess plugging or unplugging with wet hands and standing in water
Originally Posted by Plumdog
I once owned a Karcher gas pressure washer, used it to prep cedar siding for stain twice. Gave me a lot of trouble. Not the engine, but the pump, the wand, the tips, and the hose. I was glad to be rid of it. Now I have a $129.00 Green Wonder from Lowes that is not powerful, but it is good enough for cleaning mold off concrete and it seems to run flawlessly.
Did the spray surge?
Yes. The little shuttle valve that kicks in the motor was the worst part of it. I used to pop the tip off and it would try to work, put it back and stall again. Climb up the top of an extension ladder and the bastard won't start pumping, back down, mess with it, on and on. No help from Karcher. I felt sorry for the guy that bought it. Tickled with my Greenworks 1800 psi. It has a 50 ft hose, I can pick it up with one hand and run with it. So happy I went and got a Ryobi battery weedwacker and threw my 25 year old Homelite in the trash.
Borrowed my buddies DeWalt pressure washer to try out. Looking for something at the property where I don't have power. Battery powered.

He uses it to clean his 5th wheel. Cleaned the tracks on our mini excavator and the sxs.

I was actually impressed
Went to Sam's club and Lowes today.
While there I looked at gas engine models.
Craftsman seems like a decent deal with my vet discount of about 180 bucks for a 2100 psi, 1.2 gpm. It doesn't have a high gpm flow tho.
Sam's has a 3000 psi, 2.4 gpm for 299.
Splatter

None of them work great without soft water...

Billy
I guess I'll just run some clr or vinegar through it, if I can.
I have a Ryobi electric that puts out 2700 PSI. Paid less than $250 for it and so far through two seasons it has been great. It does great on all the concrete around the pool and the house brick. Very easy to haul out and do a little pressure washing.

It will definitely take the skin off your toe if you don’t watch it.
© 24hourcampfire