Home
Posted By: Partsman moose drool - 06/26/22
Home now and enjoying some Moose Drool brown ale, an older couple gave me after i helped them out while on holidays.

They had a huge fifth wheel and neglected to raise the auto levelers, and bent them so bad the tubes cracked and the legs could not go back up, so had to undo two of the units and unplug them so they could continue on their way back down to the Portland area.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: moose drool - 06/26/22
I buy a six pack or two per year.

It's good enough even it's made in the worst city in MT.
Posted By: ribka Re: moose drool - 06/26/22
Originally Posted by SamOlson

havre?
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: moose drool - 06/26/22
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by SamOlson

havre?

I was thinking Lame Deer.
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: moose drool - 06/27/22
I bought a six pack once. Drank part of one poured the rest down the sink. They got a cool box so I cut it out and it hangs in my gun room. I would rather drink a Coors light.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: moose drool - 06/27/22
Cold Smoke is much better. I’ve been drinking Grazing Clouds from Mountains Walking Brewery lately. That shiiit is good.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: moose drool - 06/27/22
Been years, need to get some again.
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: moose drool - 06/27/22
Love me some moose drool
Posted By: Hoosier_Beagler Re: moose drool - 06/27/22
My go to beer. On my annual pilgrimage to MT I bring back cases from the mother ship. It actually mellows and improves with age.

No kidding about the worst city. Last year I had to deal with the mask Karens to get my 8-10 cases.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: moose drool - 06/27/22
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
I bought a six pack once. Drank part of one poured the rest down the sink. They got a cool box so I cut it out and it hangs in my gun room. I would rather drink a Coors light.

Coors is pussy beer. Real men drink Moose Drool.
Posted By: Puddle Re: moose drool - 06/27/22
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by 7mmMato

Coors is pussy beer. Real men drink Moose Drool.
Damn right smirk
Posted By: huntinaz Re: moose drool - 06/27/22
I want to like Moose Drool but just can’t. It’s okay for cooking but it’s just underwhelming and the flavor it does have isn’t good anyway. I buy a sixer every couple years. Cool name and bottle art though
Posted By: Region6 Re: moose drool - 06/27/22

Ribka,

Give this gem a watch it may improve your opinion of Havre.
They had another flavor but I see it isn't offered anymore.

Been 20+ years and I can't remember the name.

Think it had a trout or salmon jumping from a stream on the can.
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: moose drool - 06/27/22
I'll pick some up and take it to my woke brother in law's BBQs. He and his wife hate the name and require me to keep the can in a coozie. It's an OK beer but its best use is to give the empties to their son as he is intrigued by the artwork and name. It is my way of poking them in the eye without stirring up an argument.
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
I'll pick some up and take it to my woke brother in law's BBQs. He and his wife hate the name and require me to keep the can in a coozie. It's an OK beer but its best use is to give the empties to their son as he is intrigued by the artwork and name. It is my way of poking them in the eye without stirring up an argument.
Too bad it's not named Monkey Ji..izzz!
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: moose drool - 06/27/22
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
They had another flavor but I see it isn't offered anymore.

Been 20+ years and I can't remember the name.

Think it had a trout or salmon jumping from a stream on the can.

Kokanee used to have a design like that but it isn't from the same brewery as Moose Drool. The other one I'm familiar with is Butt Head but I am not a fan of it. Though maybe I should buy some for the next BBQ.
© 24hourcampfire