Anyone know?
Help settle a renegade50 debate
Un
The one with Fentanyl in it.
Originally Posted by Raeford
Un

Dang, let me hit the send button first

lol
Well...Granny never used unsalted. Wasn't a thing then.

Wonder what Billy Graham used?

Margarine probably.
Just bought Mom a big package of that Irish butter at Costco - the unsalted variety.
Pends on what its going in or on.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Which one will send you to hell faster?

Anyone know?

You come back to the fire on a hot roll!

grin
I don't know, don't believe I cook enough (with butter) to taste the difference.

My butter still has an Indian on the carton. Or an Irish Cow - I buy the Irish butter from time to time. Kerry Gold.
Unsalted is for all the Brandon lovers.
Salt messes up the graphemes in ya body. Ain’t gonna get no 5G reception if ya graphemes are all fugged up.
My Granny only used Salted & real Lard. Lived to be 101. Lived in WI and along with all the Dairy Farmers believed that Margarine was from the Devil.
Neither is as bad as Country Crock. If you're eating that you're already in hell.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Salt messes up the graphemes in ya body. Ain’t gonna get no 5G reception if ya graphemes are all fugged up.

Dude

I sat thru a 325 minute Alex Jones podcast, they covered this very topic.

Riveting
Only time we buy unsalted is if there isn't salted as an option.
Originally Posted by mathman
Neither is as bad as Country Crock. If you're eating that you're already in hell.

Is there a generic Miracle Whip?

I’m on a fixt income
Posted By: WMR Re: Salted vs Unsalted real butter - 06/27/22
Ghee, that's a tough question.
They make butter without salt in it? Who knew.
Probably whatever kind these ladies are making.

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]
Unsalted is for sissies.
Salted, unless cooking pretty hot. Salted burns faster, like in hell.

One molecule away from plastic. No schit.
I make both kinds, but the unsalted is only for baking.
Unless a recipe calls specifically for unsalted, I use salted.

PS I never use fake butter. When I was a kid, my dad (a medical doctor) was always on us about only using margarine. I hated the stuff, and would put butter in the cart whenever I was with my mom at the grocery store. Today, of course, doctors know (or should know) that margarine is basically poison, and real butter isn't bad for you.
Guess I'm the outlier here...I only use unsalted. I don't care for salt in anything, but what do I know? Hell, I've got skin cancer.
Originally Posted by auk1124

Ladies? Well...............
Kerry Gold or Costco New Zealand only stuff we use. I can't believe that the butter we previously used was even real.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Kerry Gold or Costco New Zealand only stuff we use. I can't believe that the butter we previously used was even real.

One summer, years ago, I shacked-up with a gal whose father had jerseys. They'd make butter from the jersey cream that was almost orange in color. That was some good stuff.
According to my mom who's a born and raised Scot, salted is for those that don't use butter fast enough. She says it's salted so it lasts longer in your fridge. I only buy unsalted, I only cook using real butter. You won't find any simulated butter spread in our house.
Shame Stick.
Originally Posted by ErniesSalad

Good girl.
I only use unsalted. But, it's a personal choice.

Bro, that's definitely the good stuff - salted. wink
Help settle a renegade50 debate

Good to see ya back Slum. Now bring back Renegade50.

Tell him I already ran off Happy Cramper and NoElkSlayer for him. 😂

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...d-cattle-in-kansas-feed-lot#Post17348505
Who buys butter? You can make your own with that nice cream from Costco (if you don't have a cow) in a few minutes.
You can always add butter.
I buy salted because unsalted is for puzzy Covtards.
Originally Posted by skeen

Bro, that's definitely the good stuff - salted. wink
Bro,

#Prenup
Originally Posted by wabigoon
You can always add butter.

Whut?
Oops! I meant salt.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Hahaha. Bingo
Salted butter and salted peanuts.

Unsalted is for f ags.
Unsalted is for cooking where you’re going to be adding salt to the recipe anyway & want to control how much goes in. Salted for anything you’re going to spread it on.
Salted for 60 years
Salted. I don't like the flavor of the unsalted.
Paul B.
Unsalted butter is gay!

[Linked Image from turmarik.com]

Is there a generic Miracle Whip?

I’m on a fixt income

You're lost.
I'm sad.
Try KerryGold Irish Butter SALTED - I'm over 70 and get fussed at regularly - so if I'm already convicted, I'm going to enjoy the crime smile

It's really, really good stuff.
Originally Posted by gsganzer
According to my mom who's a born and raised Scot, salted is for those that don't use butter fast enough. She says it's salted so it lasts longer in your fridge. I only buy unsalted, I only cook using real butter. You won't find any simulated butter spread in our house.

I've told this before but it fits here. Years ago I had an old camp trailer that we used for a storage shed for 10 years (verified by the date on the license plate). I cleaned it out to sell and found a pound of unopened margarine in the ice box from the last time I'd used it. It had no mold, no drying out. It looked just like the day I put it there 10 years before. Anything that can last 10 years in a hot/freezing camp trailer without deteriorating isn't food. I haven't knowingly eaten margarine since.

Salted for me and mine.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Laura bought a Butter Bell...

I ate too much bread and butter and got fat... now it is a summer only kinda thing... I am never fat in the summer.

Salted... IIRC
Unsalted butter is a superior case lube. Especially useful for forming operations. GD
Salted. Even when we were milking cows and churning out own butter, mom always put a bit of salt in it.

kwg

Good gravy no gag reflex on that girl. Whew!
I like the half and half kind of butter, if they don't have any at the All Natural Hippie Groovy co-op market I'll make my own by mixing a stick of each kind.

Best of both worlds.

But it has to be that All Natural Hippie Groovy butter from Virgin Vegan Fed cows.

None of that butter from cows fed chicken feathers and scheidt, or ground up dead critters from the rendering plant.
The grass fed butter that costco is carrying now is really good. Better than the Kerry Irish.
Originally Posted by Morewood

Good gravy no gag reflex on that girl. Whew!
I'll bet she was sick at her stomach after that.
Being the dairy state, we even have french fried butter for sale at our fair and no, I haven't tried that. Peoples cholesterol is high enough without that. Mannlicher is correct about using unsalted for baking. Mom had a great chocolate chip cookie recipe that called for unsalted butter. The wife tried it with salted and the cookies spread out more and they were more crisp when she used salted. Way better next time with unsalted.
No salt sucks azz...remember you have to add salt to a dish before> it u add after u cook you have to add more salt is get the same taste.
I always buy unsalted. If I want it salty I can add it.
Originally Posted by atvalaska
No salt sucks azz...remember you have to add salt to a dish before> it u add after u cook you have to add more salt is get the same taste.

"Needing" to add salt is all in your mind.
If frying in butter, the salted seems to burn easier.
I don't really pay attention, probably have both in the refrigerator. We often get Amish butter from the Amish joint, not sure if it's salted or not.
© 24hourcampfire